The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"what about our kids?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

schobo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-18-07, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail schobo Click to send private message to schobo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"what about our kids?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-07 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

by allowing ##### to win bb, we are sending a message to our kids that the way to win in this life is to dirty mouth and bully those we are trying to defeat. It also seems ##### may have cheated a time or 2: once on the final hoh competition and before that receiving information from the outside.
what a terrrible message... ##### should have been thrown off the show the first time he became verbally and physically abusive.
hang your heads in shame, Network!!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: what about our kids? lisall99 09-19-07 1
 RE: what about our kids? Snidget 09-19-07 2
 RE: what about our kids? geekboy 09-19-07 3
 RE: what about our kids? zipperhead 09-19-07 4
   RE: what about our kids? geekboy 09-19-07 6
 RE: what about our kids? Estee 09-19-07 5
   RE: what about our kids? Snidget 09-19-07 7
 RE: what about our kids? geg6 09-19-07 8
 RE: what about our kids? brvnkrz 09-19-07 9
   RE: what about our kids? Glass 09-25-07 11
 RE: what about our kids? maryellennaco 09-19-07 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lisall99 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-19-07, 06:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lisall99 Click to send private message to lisall99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: what about our kids?"
If kids are to young to understand that this is not a real life situation and that it is all a game...they probably are too young to watch the show..
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43860 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-07, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: what about our kids?"
I don't think parents should be letting children learn about life primarily from TV, but that is me.

I doubt a few hours of Dick in a child's life would completely undo every lesson a child may be learning from their family and church and turn them into a clone of him.

BB has always featured the worst in human behavior so Dick is not new news on this show (Howie going off on April, et al.)

It really isn't a show for little kids, and IMO if you let your kids watch BB this could be used as a teachable moment. Why in your family such things are not OK even if they apparently are with the Donatos? How would you deal with someone like that if you came across them?

On the other hand, I do know some parents use the TV as a babysitter and let kids learn all about life from it without any input from the parents about what they are watching. That isn't the network's fault, and I really don't want programming to be designed to parent those kids.

After all TV is a business and it is all about the ratings. BB has better ratings when there are people who are in the "love to hate" category. As long as it gets ratings that is what we get. Not what would be best for kids that have parents that do not monitor their TV viewing.

Your mileage may vary.

What, exactly did you want BB to do if the events of the house were not something they could based on the contracts use to kick him out of the house. Just arbitrarily award the prize to another player because Dick isn't nice? The people on the show had plenty of opportunity to prevent a Donato final two. I think most of them wanted the finale to be one of the Donatos by their side because that would make it an easy win for them. They dragged them along hoping they'd have a chance to split them up later, forgetting that between the two of them they were too good at winning challenges so carrying both of them along to have someone more hated than you in the final two was very risky.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-19-07, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: what about our kids?"
Excuse me, but when did Big Brother because a reflection of 'real life'? BB is a GAME. BB is a social experiment. More than anything, this is a psychological game, involving manipulation, deceit, and a lot more. BB is so far from real life, your comment is laughable.

Let me repeat:

IT IS A GAME.

ED came into this GAME with a strategy and a plan, he executed his strategy and plan flawlessly, and he deserved to win BB8.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-07, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: what about our kids?"
I think this is one of the most valuable lessons of all - sometimes "bad people" - bullies, cheaters, backstabbers - win.

You just have to accept that and move on.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-19-07, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: what about our kids?"
Oh my, you people. Wake up. This is a game.

I have thoroughly enjoyed ED and his game this season, even more so that a lot of other 'evil reality contestants' in this show and others.

One thing that bugs the crap out of me on shows like this, is that people always come on these shows, make the same stupid mistakes, play the same worn-out game strategies, and fall for the same stupid mistakes time and time again.

IN comes ED. He played this game like no other player ever in any reality show. To me, this was refreshing and exciting. Everyone calls him evil and a bully. That is crap, becasue this is not real life. This is a G_A_M_E.

Is it bullying in football when someone continually tackles the same receiver? Is it bullying when they figure out your offense and exploit it? No, its a game.

Get over it. The best player this season won, and that's a good thing in my book. Bravo, Donatos.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Estee 55190 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-07, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: what about our kids?"
Well, it's official. The season wasn't over until someone cried out 'Won't someone please think of the children!' We can move on now.

Allowing Dick to win? So you'd rather teach children the lesson that if a game or part of your life isn't coming out the way you want it to, you should just cheat and rig the results? Pick one and only one...

Snidget 43860 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-07, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: what about our kids?"
Also BB (heck all of reality TV) should teach the children that any a self-proclaimed "good" person (for a rather low value of "good") should be handed the win, regardless of what their actions are.

Self-rightousness must always be rewarded, doncha know. Heaven forfend anyone be honest about being a self-important backstabbing obnoxious person.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-07, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: what about our kids?"
OMH, the poor, poor children!

If you let your children watch this show or believe this is what life is about or be taught that only "good" people win, then perhaps we should be worrying more about your children than any who might have been scarred by seeing Dick win.

This is a game for adults. Sometimes the bad guys win (though in this case, I'd beg to disagree. I find it much more morally offensive that people who loudly and often proclaimed their religiosity were bigots than anything ED did in the whole game). And life just sucks sometimes. I think these are important things kids should learn and, in my experience, do not. I'd rather they act like Dick than Amber.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-07, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: what about our kids?"
My cats watched and now they are very confused about good vs. evil.

RIP, Bill Walsh

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-25-07, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glass Click to send private message to Glass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: what about our kids?"
You know though, I think it's important for them to learn.

My cat likes to watch UFC and I allow that. Some cat-owners may object, but I feel like as long as I'm watching with her, and can put what she sees into context, then I feel I'm best suited to determine what's appropriate for her.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-19-07, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: what about our kids?"
My advice? Don't let your impressionable children watch Big Brother in the first place!

Second, it's a G-A-M-E and not REALITY. JMHO

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •