The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rate The Guest Judges."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-10, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rate The Guest Judges."
Challenge #1: remember who this week's guest judge was.

I didn't beat the challenge.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rate The Guest Judges. JessicaRN 01-13-10 1
   RE: Rate The Guest Judges. sica077 01-15-10 5
 Mary J, Blige byoffer 01-14-10 2
   RE: Mary J, Blige Snidget 01-14-10 3
       RE: Mary J, Blige cahaya 01-14-10 4
   RE: Mary J, Blige sica077 01-15-10 6
       RE: Mary J, Blige Prof_ Wagstaff 01-16-10 8
           RE: Mary J, Blige sica077 01-18-10 11
 RE: Rate The Guest Judges. DrKegel 01-16-10 7
   RE: Rate The Guest Judges. JessicaRN 01-17-10 9
       RE: Rate The Guest Judges. mindy23 01-18-10 10
           RE: Rate The Guest Judges. DrKegel 01-18-10 12
 RE: Rate The Guest Judges. Estee 01-27-10 13
   RE: Rate The Guest Judges. Corvis 01-27-10 14
       She's interested. Estee 01-27-10 15
 RE: Rate The Guest Judges. Estee 01-28-10 16
   RE: Rate The Guest Judges. jbug 01-28-10 17
 RE: Rate The Guest Judges. susang 02-08-10 18
   RE: Rate The Guest Judges. mrc 02-08-10 19
       RE: Rate The Guest Judges. Snidget 02-08-10 20
           RE: Rate The Guest Judges. mrc 02-08-10 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-13-10, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
I remember, it was Victoria Beckham and the reason that I remember her is because she had a nice "energy." I liked the way she dressed and the way she looked... Oh, you mean this is a singing competition?? I was wondering where Tyra and Heidi were.
(In other words, she added nothing, but wasn't offensive either. As the other judges might say, "I will not remember her after she leaves the screen.")
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-15-10, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
>As the other judges might
>say, "I will not remember
>her after she leaves the
>screen.")

I agree somewhat, however, it was nice to see her find the good in everyone without being so... um... "Paula" about it. Loved when she asked Simon what his eye-rolling was all about. FTR, I love Simon's facial expressions, I just liked how she wasn't afraid but also wasn't dismissive of him like Kara is...

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
I've been 'patched

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-10, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Mary J, Blige"
Mary had a really hard time keeping a straight face with the silly contestants. Kudos to Kara for bailing her out when "death guy" started singing and MJB just couldn't stop laughing.

As far as her judging, she was very quick to either love or hate the auditions. And to be honest, that is exactly what most of us would do. They are seeing thousands each day, and by far the majority are terrible. Why not push the trap door button quickly?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-10, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mary J, Blige"
While they make it seem like the 10,000 all get to the final panel that day they show up it really doesn't work that way.

The cull the 10,000 down to maybe a hundred (each person usually gets several questions and a couple of songs that get edited down to the TV audition so when you look at 6 hours a day and 10 minutes each that isn't that many people) on the cattle call days and then those with the call back (told to wear the same clothes) go to a hotel for the final judging. So that waited outside in the rain all day before they saw Simon et al. is a fiction.

For me that makes it worse. It isn't that the bad ones get seen by the for TV panel because they were just the next number in the line. I think that is why you see some of the "but I'm great" meltdowns. I don't think they tell the really lousy ones they are being selected because they are lousy and will be made fun of at the call backs. Now there are some that are that deluded, but I do think we see some who believed the call back was a real shot at making it to Hollywood. Some people will go just to get the shot at being a fool on TV, but some of the worst of the worst are, IMO, lead to believe by the producers they are good enough to make the show because if they knew the truth they wouldn't come to the call back a couple of weeks later.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-10, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mary J, Blige"
Well, there's only 86,400 seconds in a 24-hour day, so that'd be 8.64 seconds per contestant around the clock! Yeah, I figured out pretty quickly only a relative few (say, about 1%) of all those people actually make it in the door.

01-15-10, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mary J, Blige"
>Mary had a really hard time
>keeping a straight face with
>the silly contestants. Kudos
>to Kara for bailing her
>out when "death guy" started
>singing and MJB just couldn't
>stop laughing.

I don't know. I hate to be the "sensitive one," but I was offended by Mary's reaction to a few contestants. Granted, the "death guy" certainly did not escape death the way one may normally think of it, but he seemed serious about his feelings about his luck and she was laughing well before he sang. To me, it seemed like a lack in his mental understanding, and it made me pretty sad when she just laughed, and laughed, and laughed... If it was his singing that she was laughing at, okay, it is a singing competition; but to laugh at his personality and what he holds to be true (mentally), is really rude. I just really felt bad for this kid even though he did not seem crushed or deeply bothered by the dismissal he earned. I also know that the producers choose who will make it to the judge's panel in these early days, but there is some level of maturity and tact that is necessary, and I don't feel like Mary had it. I know this may come back and bite me but I am a "feeler," and I am laying them out for you .

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
I've been 'patched

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-16-10, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mary J, Blige"
You're not alone.
My feelings exactly.

Into the magna tribe by phyl

01-18-10, 11:55 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Mary J, Blige"
Glad you feel me, Pro .

Courtesy of Capn's 2010 siggie spree

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-16-10, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."

I remember, it was Victoria Beckham and the reason that I remember her is because she had a nice "energy." I liked the way she dressed and the way she looked...
unquote

JessicaRN -

Not for nothing, but you liked the way she looked? Is this because you're an RN and have the IV drip going for her just in case she keels over?

Posh Spice has turned into Scary Anorexic Spice. What is going on with her? I say somebody give her a saltine. Is she allowed a saltine? It is carbs, but one a week can't hurt, can it?

I was so focused on how horrible she looked that I barely heard the contestants. I mean did she want to have her face go all haggard from lack of nutrition? Then wearing the Martha Washington lace thing in her hair only it was black and not white ... is she trying to tell us something? Maybe it was support so she could keep her head propped up since her neck is about to snap in two

At least give her a drop or two of that hummingbird solution that they put in feeders. It's liquid so maybe she'll ingest it.

Sadly I missed Mary J so I can't comment, but just love her!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-17-10, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-10 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

That's pretty funny and all true, Dr. I found myself distracted by her "bone structure" and said to my husband that it must not have been her day to have her celery stick.

I was really quoting the things she kept saying to the contestants about their "energy". Maybe she noticed it because she doesn't have any.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-18-10, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
I'm an RN also, but I don't think it takes a degree to figure out that V. B is starving herself to death! If THAT is fashion, God help us!

She seems to be a really sweet lady, with so much going for her, but God forbid she weigh over 80 pounds?? Her husband's soccer ball has to weigh more than she...

I hope the little girls in the world do NOT think she is the icon for how we should look. I see Karen Carpenter, the sequel..

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-10, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."

Totally agree with what you've both said. I'm not trying to be unkind here. I agree that she seems very nice, maybe too nice!

She needs to get rid of the handlers and stick her fingers in her ears when people tell her she needs to starve to look good. She was always a beautiful girl. And she was thin! Now ... I don't know what word to use to describe her, but it's not thin. She's skeletal. And I'm all for husbands keeping their traps shut about their wife's weight, but her husband really should be telling her that she's dangerously thin and helping her get out of this mindset.

And it is so detrimental for young girls to see her and think that this is fashion! I think that's why the modeling industry is policing itself and stick thin girls that are obviously in trouble are not given work. Well, in some countries anyway!

It's uncomfortable for me to see someone doing that to themselves. I think it's because I have seen it in the dance world. And they're almost all so nice and polite. It must be the good girl disease.

Let's hope she comes to her senses and gets a new group of people around her.

01-27-10, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
Avril: a little too colorless, kept herself in the weeds most of the time. May have been stressed out/scared by the inevitable Parade Of Delusion. (But it was a truly great hoodie.)

Katy: went out of her way to be honest/keep-it-real to the point of offense: tried to out-Simon the panel a few times. Was as sick of the sob stories as we are. Walked the border and fell off to either side more than once. There's a chance she wasn't honestly judging so much as undercutting Kara, which is hard to completely blame her for -- but if that meant someone's career got derailed, issue. (It's hard for a guest judge to knock someone out in this format, though: Simon's Final Word has the typical override.) Could come back, but might need to be the only female behind the desk.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-27-10, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
Katy is the only guest judge who I thought could actually have a full time seat on the panel. I think they ought to replace Simon with her next season.

01-27-10, 05:57 PM (EST)
15. "She's interested."
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/katy-perry-id-quit-singing-be-permanent-american-idol-judge-10311.php

01-28-10, 07:14 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
Neil Patrick Harris: Vocal and strong-willed. Felt like a fresh voice on the panel. Was going to make his presence felt despite his show-mandated lack of ability to really affect the process. Should have punched someone in the face for all those Doogie jokes at his attempted expense and possibly did.

Joe Jonas: A paint-with-water book.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-10, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
i thought it was funny when after a few minutes of bickering about a contestant, NPH spoke up and said, "Let's vote". LOL
I expected to hear Simon say "That's my line!"

Elvis in In The House - Capt'n 2010

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-10, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
Best: Shania Twain and Neil Patrick Harris. ST was friendly and gave good technical critiques. IMO, NPH was a close second.

Worst: Avril Lavigne. Seemed aloof, without much to offer.

I didn't get to see the audition episode with K Chenoweth.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-10, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
That Jonas brother was worthless. I have no idea how those guys are so popular if he is any indication of their sex appeal.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-10, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
Well sex appeal to that age of young girls who just started to like boys, but are still in the "harmless but not sexually mature" stage rather than having progressed to the "bad boys that make my Dad's angina act up" stage.

A few women do get stuck in any given stage but eventually most progress through to the guys who actually make good husbands and fathers stage.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-10, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rate The Guest Judges."
Tweenie girls must be pretty easy to please nowadays. That guy had no personality.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •