The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-09-09, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/4a2e6c726d63e8cb.html

Idol Adam Lambert 'comes out' in print

American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert discusses his sexuality in this week's Rolling Stone magazine.

Adam Lambert is gay.
The American Idol Season 8 runner-up ends any speculation in the next issue of Rolling Stone, out Friday. "I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear I'm gay." He explains: "I've been living in Los Angeles for eight years as a gay man. I've been at clubs drunk making out with somebody in the corner."

The Idol favorite, who finished in second place after Kris Allen, says, "Right after the finale, I almost started talking about it to the reporters, but I thought, 'I'm going to wait for Rolling Stone, that will be cooler.' " He adds, " I'm proud of my sexuality."

Still, Lambert, 27, says he doesn't mind attention from the opposite sex. "I loved it this season when the girls went crazy for me," he says. "As far as I'm concerned, it's all hot."

But exactly what is his type? When Idol producers put him in a room to share with Allen, Lambert says his first thought was, "They put me with the cute guy. Distracting! He's the one guy I found attractive in the whole group on the show: nice, nonchalant, pretty and totally my type — except that he has a wife. I mean he's open-minded and liberal, but he's definitely 100% straight."

As for the scandal over photos of Lambert in drag that surfaced on the Internet in March, he says, he forgot to remove photos from his profile on a social network for the Burning Man festival in Nevada. "Wasn't ready for that," he tells RS of the photos of him in costume making out with his ex. He was worried that people would think the drag ensemble was typical of him. "I've only dressed in drag three or four times. ... I don't tuck and wear breasts, that's not me."

Though Lambert supports the gay-rights movement, he doesn't want to be its poster boy. "I'm trying to be a singer, not a civil rights leader."

Stereotypes about gays do annoy Lambert. "Clay Aiken's gay, and I'm gay, and we couldn't be more different. The only thing that is the same about everyone in the gay community is that we're gay. ... Why can't we talk about a human community?"

In addition to his homosexuality, Lambert shares other personal details with RS.

At 21, he was in a European tour of Hair for six months. That was when he dyed his hair black. In Germany, he started smoking pot and tried Ecstasy. But he does have limits. Among his dislikes: cocaine.

"That drug is such a reflection of the lack of self-esteem and control people have over themselves and their lives," he says.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... Snidget 06-09-09 1
   RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... mhdallas 06-09-09 2
   RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... Maroonclown 06-11-09 10
       RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... zazzy 06-11-09 11
           RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... Maroonclown 06-11-09 13
 Gosh. Estee 06-09-09 3
   RE: Gosh. Snidget 06-09-09 4
 RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... Ahtumbreez 06-09-09 5
   RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... mhdallas 06-09-09 6
       RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... Snidget 06-09-09 7
   RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... Glow 06-10-09 8
       RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... zazzy 06-11-09 9
           RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... Snidget 06-11-09 12
               RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... Maroonclown 06-11-09 14
               RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... zazzy 06-11-09 15
                   RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... mhdallas 06-12-09 16
                       Guess what arrived in my mailbox CTgirl 06-12-09 17
                       RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... zazzy 06-12-09 18
                           RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... mhdallas 06-12-09 19
                               RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... zazzy 06-15-09 20
                                   RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... mhdallas 06-18-09 21
                                       RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone I... zazzy 06-19-09 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-09-09, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
http://mjsbigblog.com/adam-lambert-rolling-stone-cover.htm

Has a picture of the cover and a few tidbits as well.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-09-09, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
I love that cover! I can't wait to buy both the magazine and his CD, which should be out this fall.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-09, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
That brass bed sure does look familiar. I wonder how the heck they got the camera in the Shoppe?

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-11-09, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Ah, maybe a chapter about the photo shoot? Please? Lol.

06-11-09, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Sorry zazzy, all good things must come to an end

Until next season

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-09, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Gosh."
Never saw it coming.

Y'know, it's not as if he ever gave us a single clue.

06-09-09, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gosh."
Who could have seen this coming?

I'm sure it is just a phase. Or a reaction to seeing a few pictures of the fans at other Idol's concerts. It can't last long.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-09, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Because it deserves to be posted:

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/11/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

06-09-09, 04:33 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Thank you. I couldn't get it to post.

06-09-09, 04:45 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
You uploaded it as html. You need to find out if the picture is a jpeg or gif and upload as the right format so the URL has a .jpg or .gif at the end.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-09, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
lucky snake

06-11-09, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Lol about the lucky snake.

Ok, I'll ask. What's the butterfly supposed to mean?

06-11-09, 11:31 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
First thought.

Butterflies come out of the pupa. So rebirth, emergence, etc.

SoYouThinkYouCanTribe!

06-11-09, 01:13 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Adam has a pupa?

06-11-09, 02:43 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Thanks, Snidget. I googled it, saw that you are spot on. Transformation is a big theme with butterfly symbols, new beginning, etc.

06-12-09, 02:18 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Ok, this is mad. This issue is flying off the shelves and it was just released today! People are blogging everywhere about stores being sold out, and people grabbing multiple copies. (I myself went ahead and bought a copy from Ebay - I paid a bit more, but it's definitely worth it.)

On the Rolling Stone site, they showed a video clip of Adam's face when he first saw the cover - it's priceless. He was like OMFG.

Not bad for an AI 'runner-up'! This is his second solo magazine cover. And just wait until his cd comes out!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-09, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Guess what arrived in my mailbox"
(snail mail box) unannounced today? Rolling Stone with Adam Lambert!

I did not subscribe to it but I've been given a year long subscription. Interesting that Rolling Stone bought someone's list and they're giving out free subscriptions. The name didn't match my EW or TV Guide subscription so I'm guessing they got the list from Live Nation. I bought Dave Matthews tickets a few months ago so the timing is right.

Great timing for me because I haven't had time to go online to see the article.

P.S. My eyes were drawn to his face and not the snake!
The butterfly was covered up by the address label.
And frankly I never pictured him with a hairy chest. I thought he'd wax.

Capn's Crop Circle Fest 2009

06-12-09, 03:51 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
It's a great cover pic of Adam, no doubt.

Yep, MJ's board is gaga with Adam fans. Just like when there were Taylor, Elliot, and Daughtry fans, Cook fans, etc. Now a blog post about Daughtry gets 16 responses while all the gab is on season 8/ Adam, Kris, etc. Taylor's Hottest Bachelor cover on People (or whatever cover it was) sold well, too, his year.

Wonder how many posts Adam, Kris, and Danny will be racking up in 3 years. ;)

06-12-09, 04:39 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Of course, the mania will die down - it always does. Maybe when the media finds something to talk about other than his sexuality, which now has them tripping all over themselves. As for Taylor Hicks...I don't recall anyone going out of their way to buy People just because he was on it, regardless of how it sold.

I just find this whole media frenzy amusing, that's all. And no offense to Kris fans, but the only cover pictures of him I've seen have been small insets on tabloids (one of which had him making a baby with his wife, and the other one had him breaking up with her - go figure!). I'm sure his music will sell fine and he'll be okay - but it's obvious who the media is into.

In three years? I think people will be saying "Enough about Lambert already!" And "Kris and Danny WHO?" (A little side note here on something I couldn't help noting: On Ebay- there's already 26 + pages of people trying to make a buck off Adam's face, with everything from magazines to mousepads, watches, shirts, etc. Kris? 7 Pages. The old song "Standing in the Shadows" really does come to mind...) Oh well. That's enough snarkiness for the day - I've got work to do!

06-15-09, 03:01 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Oh, there was a run on People the week Taylor was on the cover...the numerous Taylor fan sites were all atwitter about it. They were selling them on Ebay, too.

I started a thread about the post season 8 media/PR, labels, etc. You made a good point about Adam being on 2 covers (EW, Rolling Stone) while the question is whether Kris has been on any. One theory I have is that some of this was pre-orchestrated before the winner was selected because they were counting on an Adam win (despite his hitting the bottom 2 at top 5)--so they shifted the story to his sexuality. Just a theory.

IIRC, Daughtry was getting some covers before he was booted in season 5. I remember thinking about how huge his exposure was despite his being in the bottom 2 three weeks before he was eliminated. There seem to be some parallels to Hicks/Daughtry and Allen/Lambert's seasons in terms of PR stuff.

06-18-09, 07:53 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
Yeah, I also believe they wanted an Adam win, because he's definitely more marketable in a 'media' sense than good, wholesome Kris. Anyway, it just goes on and on....and now Adam's listed in People's hottest singles of 2009! Not bad at all

Adam Lambert Calls People’s Hottest Bachelor Predicate ‘Pretty Cool’
Posted June 18th, 2009 by fashiongossip
Responding in disbelief at first on him being listed on People’s 10th annual list of Sexy and Single Men in 2009, Adam Lambert however thinks the predicate is “pretty cool.”

“Am I really? I’m not hot!” Adam Lambert responds in disbelief when Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell reveals the news that he is listed on People magazine’s 10th annual list of Sexy & Single Men in 2009. He, however, quickly adds, “That’s pretty cool. That’s really cool.”
“How great is that though - to show how far you have come? Because that means you’re a bachelor - straight, gay - it’s just that you’re a good looking man,” Nancy chimes in. “You’re attractive to many people.”
Adam then comments, “I think that attractiveness is a universal thing. It shouldn’t matter who your preference is. I mean, it’s like, you think something is good-looking, you think it’s good-looking. What’s the difference?”
Despite the fact that he is now considered sexy, Adam says “my goal is to just sing. I’m just putting on a show, you know, and if that’s how people feel about it then that’s really cool.”
In addition to addressing his inclusion in the particular list, which ranks him at 4th, Adam also opens up to Nancy that amidst his hectic schedule recording a debut album slated to be released this fall under RCA Records he is eying to launch his own line of cosmetic product. “Maybe eyeliner, nail polish combo line,” reveals this season’s “American Idol” runner-up. “It will be very livable. You can put it on and it will stay for the whole week.”

06-19-09, 01:53 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Adam Lambert - Rolling Stone Issue"
WTG Adam on the nail polish and eyeliner....he must of thought that up after spending a week in MC's Antique Shoppe~!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •