The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Somewhere over the rainbow--best song of the competition????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Somewhere over the rainbow--best song of the competition????"
OK, she did well with the song, but claiming it to be the best of the entire competion was a bit much! What did the judges have in those cups? We all know that Catherine provides eye candy for America but there was no need to lie about the song. Of course Simon thought it was great--he picked the song. I can't wait until Taylor wins. You would of thought with Mommy as a voice coach, Catherine would have selected a song like that long ago. Such a bore.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--bes... SOfan0221 05-18-06 1
   RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--bes... rn4stork 05-18-06 2
   RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--bes... mrc 05-18-06 3
 RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--bes... LisaPles 05-18-06 4
 RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--bes... opinionated 05-18-06 5
   RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--bes... Former CBSer 05-18-06 6
 RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--bes... priestdi 05-18-06 7
   RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--bes... priestdi 05-18-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-18-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--best song of the competition????"
I totally agree. I usually agree with Simon but when he told her that I thought WTF???? Didn't he hear her breathing into the microphone like she was out of breath? Didn't he hear a few of those screeching notes she hit when she was trying to put her own spin on it? I personally thought it was awful.

Oh well, just goes to show that if a judge picks a song for you then your going to get a good score.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

rn4stork 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-18-06, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rn4stork Click to send private message to rn4stork Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--best song of the competition????"
I have enjoyed the top 4 Idols immensely.
People are ALWAYS going to critize everything...in life.
Katherine's vocal of "Over the Rainbow" was brilliant.
I loved that song forever it was the best modern day version I have heard to date. You all may have some problem with Katherine in your own mind.....but that girl can sing. And this is a singing competition, NOT a personality contest.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-06, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--best song of the competition????"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-06 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

Oh well, just goes to show that if a judge picks a song for you then your going to get a good score.

By this logic, all of them skated by with the judges' choice songs, so it doesn't apply only to Kat.

ETF html

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-18-06, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--best song of the competition????"
>Such a bore.

I completely agree. I know she didn't pick the song and she did an OK job of it but that was lame. I'm surprised that Simon didn't pick a more current song.

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-18-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--best song of the competition????"
Have you noticed that every single year the judges say someone had "The best performance we've ever had on this show." (Or something very similar.) It's like they feel they have to do that once a season to validate their candidate choices.

Whatever. It was nice. I still say it wasn't completely in tune during some parts (and I do have vocal training, I'm not some hack), but I deleted it from my TIVO right after the show was over, so I can't be more specific than that. It didn't blow me away, although I knew that the judges were going to have a gush-fest the moment she started singing a cappella.

Note to all future contestants: Sing a cappella at least once during the season. You will be guaranteed a standing ovation and mountains of praise from the judges.

Former CBSer 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-18-06, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--best song of the competition????"
I can't believe some of you are blasting Kat. SWOTR was fantastic. Taylor also did great. This is a singing competition and these folks are young and everyone reacts differently in a nervous situation. I wish them both well.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-18-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--best song of the competition????"
I announced to my empty living room, before the judges opened their mouths, that THANK GOD somebody finally delivered the first stand-out performance of this season.

Then Randy said it, and then Simon.

I played that tape last back last night, and I'm not sure what Simon meant when he called it the best of "the entire competition." he could have meant the entire season, it's a stand-alone competition.

I'd put Fantasia's Summertime at #1, and this one right behind it, personally.

it was amazing. Understated, and very risky in places. and it's SUCH an overdone song I assumed it would be sappy awful.

I haven't been a Kat fan, so I had no high expectations for her, and no set agenda to be padding here.

My husband played in the orchestra for the SF Opera for 15 years, so he has at least a lot of experience with vocal talent. and he was blown away too.

I think too many people simply disliked her going into it, and then just heard what they wanted to hear.

my personal opinion, obviously.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-18-06, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Somewhere over the rainbow--best song of the competition????"
this would seem to reinforce my point, they Simon didn't mean the best of all 5 seasons, but the best of THIS one.

This is from the Atlanta J-Const.

"In a tvweek.com interview with co-executive producer Nigel Lythgoe before the results show, Cowell noted, "When we come to choose the greatest moments of the series, that will be one of them."

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •