The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Chris?? What is wrong America?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

meholmes 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail meholmes Click to send private message to meholmes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Chris?? What is wrong America?"
I woted so I feel I have the right to express my feelings. Chris is/was & always will be this years best contestant. How on earth could someone like Elliot get more votes than Chris? Did his mama sit at home and hit the redial button all night? I do not care for hard rock, but Chris showed that he has a softer side as well, and by doing so showing more versatility than any of the other contestants. America... what is wrong with you?? Do you not understand music at all?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? Fishercat 05-11-06 1
   RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? PagongRatEater 05-11-06 4
       RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? RatPat 05-11-06 14
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? dingdong thankgodhesgone 05-11-06 2
   WARNING - dingdong thankgodhesgone Bebo 05-11-06 3
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? geekboy 05-11-06 5
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? 1ponygirl 05-11-06 6
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? kcp 05-11-06 7
   RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? geekboy 05-11-06 8
   RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? Magnolia_Rocker 05-11-06 9
       RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? geekboy 05-11-06 12
           RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? sica077 05-11-06 16
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? trigirl 05-11-06 10
   RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? kcp 05-11-06 18
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? jags 05-11-06 11
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? amandatees 05-11-06 13
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? petmama 05-11-06 15
   RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? sica077 05-11-06 17
   RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? tarmaq 05-11-06 19
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? lorikhoward 05-12-06 20
 RE: Chris?? What is wrong America? notcrazjusalilunwell 05-13-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-11-06, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
Well, perhaps people have opinions about what kind of music they like, and perhaps those opinions do not coincide with yours. Perhaps more people or voters or votes in America liked Kat, Taylor, and Elliott than Chris.

There may not be anything wrong with America, they may just disagree with you.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
Could not have said it better myself.

But, the four of us had a great time.

RatPat 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-06, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RatPat Click to send private message to RatPat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
There was one major change for Chris between last week's show and this week's show that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet.

Simon picked him to win.

AI fans have a love/hate relationship with Simon.
They love his brutal "honesty" on the show but they respond negatively when he expresses an opinion in an interview.
They also LOVE to prove him wrong.

Back on March 18th, Simon said the top 3 were Taylor, Chris, and Kelly.
Chris and Kelly are gone and if not for SNL spoofing Taylor, he'd be gone too.

dingdong thankgodhesgone 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 05:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dingdong%20thankgodhesgone Click to send private message to dingdong%20thankgodhesgone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
THIS A COPY OF THE PETITION, WHAT A JOKE. I FOR ONE NEVER THOUGHT CHRIS WOULD WIN. IF 90% THOUGHT HE WOULD WIN, THEN WHY IS HE GONE???? If 90% thought he should win then he should have received 90% of the vote last night.
THIS IS GETTING REALLY STUPID.
Chris actually needed only 25% of the votes to stay on the show. If his so-called fans couldn’t get 25%, then they have no business whining.

To: American Idol and FOX
Hello Chris Daughtry Fans! This petition is from the hearts of us. We feel that Chris was wrongly kicked off of American Idol on May 10th, 2006. We, the fans of Chris Daughtry, demand American Idol and Fox to do a Recount on the Votes. Ask anyone who they thought was going to win American Idol this year, and 90% of them would say CHRIS DAUGHTRY. We are shocked and saddened that this has happened. This is a HUGE mistake. Recount the votes American Idol, Recount the votes Fox. You will be greatly surprised that Chris Daughtry should have remained in the competition. If a Recount is not done, with the signatures from all of the Chris Daughtry Fans demanding one, it will only PROVE, that this show is rigged. Please, give us a recount and bring Chris back. HE IS OUR AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!! If you agree with this petition, PLEASE, the Fans urge you to sign it and pass it along to anyone you know who LOVES Chris as much as we do. WE LOVE YOU CHRIS, OUR AMERICAN IDOL!! AND WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU TO BE THE OFFICIAL AMERICAN IDOL!!!

Sincerely,

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-06, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "WARNING - dingdong thankgodhesgone "
Posting the same message in multiple threads is a violation of our community guidelines.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-11-06, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
Hi meholmes -

Here is my attempt at explaining what happened last night.

First thing first - we're down to the final four and there is a 25% chance that your favorite would have gone home last night. Unfortunately for you, that happened.

Secondly, i think you need to step back and look at the season as a whole at this point in the game to understand how people are voting (in my opinion). I think the voting at this point has turned to 'overall package and overal growth' throughout the season as opposed to 'I like kellie cuz she's cute', or 'I like Chris cuz he's a rocker!'

I don't think anyone can argue that Chris is a damn good singer and he will do well after this season...but Chris has pretty much sailed through the season and very few times has he stepped out of his comfort zone to show versatility and he really hasn't "blossomed" throughout the season. I've said it many times over the course of the seaon on this board that 'Chris is Chris.' Very few times were we surprised by his performance, and to a degree, i think a lot of people got bored with Chris because we knew what he was going to do each week.

I think to a degree, the same can be said about Katherine. But on teh other hand, the last few weeks she has been slipping vocally.

Taylor (my favorite, btw) has FINALLY blossomed and realized that HE knows what he does best, and the past 2-3 weeks, his song selection has shown that. HE is having fun, picking the right songs, and displaying his vocal gifts. He's risin in terms of votes.

Now, to Elliot. Elliot is this seasons showcase contestant. He has grown so much, he has gotten over his bad case of the nerves early on, and he has blossomed into a true performer and he definately deserves to be in the final three, if not the final two.

You say Chris has shown the most versatility. I cannot agree with that - in fact i think he's shown the least versatility. I think Taylor and Elliot have shown the most, and they were the top two vote getters last night.

I think this years final two will be the most deserving SO FAR in the history of AI.

I hope my thoughts make sense.

geekboy

1ponygirl 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1ponygirl Click to send private message to 1ponygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
I was definitely shocked. I can only assume that enough people felt he was obviously safe, and did not vote, or changed their vote. I thought Elliot did a great job, and I voted for him because I think he deserves to move on. Chris is the American Idol this year, no matter who "wins"...at this point I don't really care. (But I hope Kat goes next..!)

kcp 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kcp Click to send private message to kcp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
Here's what I think happened to Chris..

If you were watching closely during the visit to Graceland, etc... you had to have noticed the big change in Chris's demeanor. I went from liking him, to thinking, "wow... he's getting a little full of himself."

Part of the blame goes to A.I., that is responsible for what WE see on the t.v. - 2/3 of what really went on ends up on the cutting room floor, so the reality is "created" for us -- and often times, it's inaccurately portrayed because of creative editing. So maybe Chris was purposely being portrayed this way thru clever editing? Who knows...

But the way Chris projected himself on camera was - well - cocky and arrogant. The way he signed autographs, for example, from the SUV window.. he wasn't smiling - not like Taylor was from the front seat (who was like a kid on his first trip to Disneyland)... instead, Chris was very serious and "suave".

Chris also walked into Graceland - waving to fans - in a very unappealing way. It's like his humbleness was ZAPPED from him, and he morphed into an "untouchable".

Then, when he was on stage, preparing to perform --- Ryan asked him about "the rumors"..

Chris even responding to the question about "boxers or briefs" was just a complete turn off.. and it put him again in a somewhat arrogant light.

THEN the sunglasses. It was just too much.

People want the underdog to have the glory.... but they also want to see talent WITH HUMBLENESS win.

Perhaps people are just tired of the "hollywood" looks and the "hollywood" attitudes? Maybe they want "boy next door" or "girl next door" - as that seems to be what all 3 remaining contestants have.

And who can deny that Taylor exudes absolute JOY when he sings? It comes from the heart... you just can't fake that.

I think all 3 remaining contestants have that one thing in common: PURE JOY and LOVE for music.

Chris will be fine... he's probably got offers out the ying yang. But then again, so did Bo Bice --- ??

05-11-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
I agree.

What was most telling to me was Chris' "shock" at being eliminated. Come on, its the final four. You, and the other three, have a 25% chance of leaving. At this point if you are in touch with reality, you know there is a good chance of you going home.

His response to Ryan of 'Yes, i'm a bit shocked' spoke volumes to me that even HE thought he was teh annointed one.

geekboy

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-11-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
As runner-up Bo was tied to an AI contract. As 4th out Chris won't be, he is just tied to the tour. Yay!!!!!

Siggy thanks to Syren!

05-11-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
I think 19 Entertainment has a clause in all of the top 10/12 contestants which i believe says they get to decide first if they want to sign them or not.

Also, i know that everyone but the final two has to wait until 6 months AFTER the winner/runner up release their debut CDs to release any CDs.

I wonder what that means for Chris, and the possibility of Fuel taking Chris as their singer?

geekboy

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-06 AT 07:22 PM (EST)

So, what's this about Fuel taking or wanting to take Chris??

I need to know more...

Edited to add: Never mind me...I have learned more on this topic by reading thread dedicated to it...*duh*. I hadn't made it that far when I first posted this....

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-11-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
Wow. I'm shocked.

I think you are right in saying that Chris wasn't getting the most favourable edits of late. This is a show about underdogs.

I'm not a big fan of the fat guy from Memphis so this week didn't do it for me anyway.

While I think that Eliot and Taylor have talent, it seems to me that the demographics for this show are changing. Eliot and Taylor HAVE to be getting the over 40 vote. I thought this show used to be run be the teenybopper demographic. That cannot be the case anymore.

I hope that Tommy Motola signed Chris on his way out the door.

kcp 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kcp Click to send private message to kcp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
Now that you mention Tommy M. -- hmmmm --- could this be the reason he was himming and hawing over Ryan Seacrest asking him what he would do if he signed with Fuel??????

I got the distinct impression something BIG has been offered to Chris - esp. for him not to jump at the offer by Fuel.

Yup. He's already been snatched by someone else.. LOL

This will be interesting.

As for Bo Bice - recently, a professional athlete ran into him at a bar, and he asked Bo if he was the guy on AI -- Bo's response was to belt him one. \

My guess is that Bo - who was promised BIG THINGS by that famous producer guy (gads, can't think of his name) LIVE ON AIR -- was duped.

I do hope Bo finds himself a hit... you have to have the right song though... it's SO EASY to fade away after the hoopla of AI..
This could happen to Chris is he doesn't play his cards right.

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
Chris, I think once he gets a perspective of what he has accomplished he will be glad that he is out at this point. As soon as the AI tour is over he can go on with his career. He will have a contract with someone before the AI tour is over and have a little more control than he would if he had to sign an AI contract. In saying that, I agree that the demographics must have changed and an older group of people have to be pushing Elliot and Taylor Along because all the kids including three I still have at home from 14 to 22. And none of them are even a little bit moved by either Taylor or Elliot. I am still of the opinion that they will all have a career, but it will be hard to measure them against each other because they will all be in different genres of music.
jags

amandatees 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amandatees Click to send private message to amandatees Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
Personally, I agree with the vote. Though I feel Kat was the weakest performer this week, I do not feel that Chris should have won. (Taylor fan!!). As far as Chris is concerned, I think that he looks and sounds like 20 other lead signers of bands out there. I think that the AI winner should bring something unique compared to what is currently out there in the music world...and his genre has already been done. A lot. Especially in the late 90's.
I liked Chris' personality from the beginning. I like that he was a family guy, and took on the responsibility of being a father at such a young age. As time when on though, he seemed like a lifeless robot that spouted common phrases at the appropriate time with a fake smile. I can't pinpoint it exactly, just like I could predict what he was going to say, like he was reading from a script.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
How can Elliot get more votes than Chris? How can the worst singer of the four, Katherine, get more votes?

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-06, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
the world may never know.....

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-06 AT 10:50 PM (EST)

"How can the worst singer of the four, Katherine, get more votes?"

That's YOUR opinion. Others of us would postulate that Kat is most probably the BEST singer of the four.

If you were having to judge your guy off of two Barbra Streisand songs (equiv of Kat having to do two Elvis songs) would you think he had the best night?

Everyone is more than welcome to their opinion. But realize that not everyone will agree with you.

lorikhoward 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lorikhoward Click to send private message to lorikhoward Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
I would also like to know, what in the heck was everyone thinking? I suppose that having just another "cookie cutter" American Idol is what everyone wants, NO WAY!!!

I usually don't even watch American Idol, Chris is the reason I did start watching it this time.

He is very talented and will go very far!! You will hear from him again. The 3 that are left, you will be saying "oh yeah, they were on American Idol weren't they".

notcrazjusalilunwell 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail notcrazjusalilunwell Click to send private message to notcrazjusalilunwell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Chris?? What is wrong America?"
I voted too and I feel Chris was ripped off!! I refuse to watch the rest of the season!! Good things are in store for him....He is AWESOME!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •