The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Any Ruben Fans Out There? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-10-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Any Ruben Fans Out There? "
Ruben is one of the few American Idol contestants ever whose voice gave me goosebumps. I would tape the show and rewind his performances to watch them over again because his voice sounded so good! I am actually surprised that we haven't heard anything about him musically.
Does anyone know where Ruben is and what he's up to these days? I'm hoping for some positive comments here!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? geg6 05-10-06 1
   RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? MollyTV 05-10-06 2
 RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? geekboy 05-10-06 3
   RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? LisaPles 05-10-06 4
       Exhibit #1 why Taylor can not win toddE 05-10-06 5
           RE: Exhibit #1 why Taylor can not w... Glow 05-10-06 6
           RE: Exhibit #1 why Taylor can not w... geekboy 05-10-06 10
               RE: Exhibit #1 why Taylor can not w... Magnolia_Rocker 05-10-06 11
 RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? Magnolia_Rocker 05-10-06 7
   RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? Glow 05-10-06 8
       RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? LisaPles 05-10-06 9
 RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? PagongRatEater 05-10-06 12
 Moved from General Discussion Bebo 05-10-06 13
   RE: Moved from General Discussion PagongRatEater 05-10-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? "
Nope, haven't heard hide nor hair of him.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
And my mom always said if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all. So I will now shut up.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-10-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? "
in march when i was in vegas...they had his pic up on a building that he would be there the weekend we were leaving....so i guess he is doing "vegas baby".
mollytv

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-10-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? "
Ruben who?!

05-10-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? "
>Ruben who?!

I knew somebody was going to say it! You're a geek!
Hee-Hee, Just kidding!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-10-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Exhibit #1 why Taylor can not win"
I liked Ruben. He was sooo popular on AI. Everyone loved him, called him the Velvet Teddy Bear.

Yet, post AI, no one cared. He has been the least successful Idol so far. He just isn't easily marketable. No reflection on Ruben's talent. He just doesn't have an audience.

Taylor is exactly the same. I see his strong fan base on the show, and think "no one will buy his records." He isn't very marketable, and the public is fickle.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Exhibit #1 why Taylor can not win"
This is where I fall. I loved him on the show. I was so sure he would do a Barry White-ish type album and sales would skyrocket. I forgot about him when the show was over. Well, I didn't forget about him but didn't care all that much. I picked up his album a good while after it came out (used) and did not like it. He went all gospel and whatnot. He really should have gone the Barry White route.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-10-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Exhibit #1 why Taylor can not win"
I disagree with you on this note. I don't believe it is a case of people not caring...i think its a case of the record execs and producers getting their hands on the winner...and them "molding" them into what THEY think the public wants and totally disregarding the route they took to get into the winner's circle.

This happened w/ Ruben, this happened with Fantasia.

The execs took them way too far into the 'hip R&B' genre which is NOT what the public voted for.

Kelley's success is the example. Her first CD was very much what the public expected. Same with Clay - he went and made what the public anticipated. Carrie Underwood - same idea. And to a degree, Bo's CD is fringing upon what the fans expected and so he did quite well.

I have high hopes for Taylor. I think he could surprise everyone if they let him make a Taylor Hicks CD.

geekboy

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-10-06, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Exhibit #1 why Taylor can not win"
Disagree about Bo. His CD was absolutely nothing like I expected it was going to be. I still liked it but was very surprised.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-10-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? "
I didn't watch season's one and two but I did see the video of his song "Sorry?", think that was it. Anywho, I thought it sucked. Not my kind of thing.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? "
"Sorry 2004". I actually liked that song and had hopes the whole CD would sound like that. It does not.

05-10-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? "
Remember when he sang "Let's Just Kiss and Say Goodbye"? That was so awesome. Yes, I also thought he would do an album in that style or a Barry White kind of thing.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Any Ruben Fans Out There? "
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-06 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

Always loved Ruben and I actually voted for him. A lot. I knew that he would never be singing songs that were my cup of tea, but I soooo admired his singing skill. To my mind, he is still probably the best pure singer that has ever been on the show.

Interestingly, it seems that he is going the same route as Clay now and has a gospel album coming out. If you are a fan of Ruben you should check out his website www.rubenstuddard.com and you can preview his new song, as well as see the much thinner Ruben (click on bio to compare how the new photo compares to AI Ruben. Impressive).

Heck, I might even buy his gospel album.

But, the four of us had a great time.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Moved from General Discussion"
...since Ruben is an Individual Contestant.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Moved from General Discussion"
Are you SURE about that?

But, the four of us had a great time.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •