The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

JustMeAndMyShadow 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-13-06, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMeAndMyShadow Click to send private message to JustMeAndMyShadow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
They both need to be tossed off the show. She made me sick on my stomach with that shot-grabbing, disgusting comment and running around tossing a nasty kleenex. Wow....what a class act....NOT!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... SOfan0221 04-13-06 1
 RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... Kipp 04-13-06 2
   RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... LisaPles 04-13-06 4
       RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... nailbone 04-13-06 8
 RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... geekboy 04-13-06 3
   RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... LisaPles 04-13-06 5
       RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... prosecutor 04-13-06 6
           RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... Magnolia_Rocker 04-13-06 7
           RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... nailbone 04-13-06 9
       RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... okaychatt 04-15-06 17
   RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... Iconoclastic 04-13-06 10
       RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... CBailey 04-13-06 11
           RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... LisaPles 04-13-06 12
           RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... tamarama 04-17-06 22
 RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... priestdi 04-14-06 13
   RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... nailbone 04-14-06 14
       RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... archon 04-14-06 15
           RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... nailbone 04-14-06 16
               RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... archon 04-17-06 20
           RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... aquariaqueen 04-17-06 21
               RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... archon 04-19-06 24
   RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... okaychatt 04-15-06 18
       RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag... priestdi 04-15-06 19
           RE: Kellie, Please Don't Put Us Thr... LisaPles 04-19-06 23
               RE: Kellie, Please Don't Put Us Thr... sica077 04-19-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-13-06, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
wahl, back home y'al we always calls em snot rags. is they another namefor em? I jes can't unda stand Simon cause he's got that there accent....... Hmmm, funny I can understand Simon much more than lil ole kelli pickler.

dumb hick chick neds to go home and take her snot rag with her.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Kipp 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-13-06, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kipp Click to send private message to Kipp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
I agree,,,,that little showy stunt with the 'snot rag' was definitely not something that gave her any brownie points,,,she was trying to be 'too cute' and blew it (excuse the pun)

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-13-06, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
Given my current opinion of American Idol (bored, disgusted, and ready to stop watching), I think it would be great if Kellie won and she could be the "spokesperson" for American Idol. She is the perfect representative for this stupid azz show.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
You and VoteForTheWorst.com.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-13-06, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
Kellie is someone who each week continues to amaze and confuse me. I didn't mean 'amaze' in a good sense.

First, when we saw her in teh auditions, i was impressed. Then we start to see the family story, and you know the producers are doing a good job at pimping her for teh hollywood rounds and beyond. So, you also know she will be in teh top 24. No question.

Now, at the Top 24, the hick side starts to show and initially its pretty darn cute. She makes it through to the top 12.

This is where, for me at least, it starts to get old. Also, she is one of those contestants who doesn't seem to grow at all. One week she can be incredible (country week, for example) then the next you wonder how she got to Hollywood (remember Stevie week?).

Also, week to week, you wonder if the hick thing is real or a show? I've flip-flopped many times on my opinion of that.

But what really really bugs me is WHY people are obviously voting for her in huge numbers? WHY???

How did she make it through Stevie week and not be in the bottom three? Why would Mandisa go before her? Why would Bucky go before her? Why has Elliot been in the bottom three more than once, and she hasn't?

Is it teenage hormonal boys loving her midriff? Is it young girls looking at her as the second coming of Britney in a country mold? Is it Carrie Underwood II syndrome? I don't get it!!!!

geekboy

04-13-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
I hear you Geekboy, I just don't get it either. I really think that the majority vote is coming from teenage girls. It defies explanation as far as I'm concerned. I have really come to realize that this show is not for me. If I could tune in and get excited by some real talent being discovered, I would enjoy it. It has obviously turned in to some kind of F'd up popularity contest. I don't know why anyone would even audition for it after this season.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-13-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
I thinkshe is getting the votes of her entire hometown

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-13-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
And don't forget VFTW is backing her also.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

04-13-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
I thinkshe is getting the votes of her entire hometown

All 16,000 of them.

Sig by Arkie!!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-15-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
<It has obviously turned in to some kind of F'd up popularity contest

Hi LisaPles.

I think AI has ALWAYS been that kind of contest. It's been more about the IT Factor with a little singing talent thrown in.

AI is not a contest to find the best singer. Never has been.

That said, I agree with you all on Kellie Pickler, though her Grandpa and brother give an indication of her background. She may be genuinely backwoods, but it's a bit hard to believe she isn't milking the role of hick as far as it will take her.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
But what really really bugs me is WHY people are obviously voting for her in huge numbers? WHY???

A lot of her appeal is that she pi$$e$ people like you off. Her core fans love the fact that so many people get worked up over her continued consumption of oxygen. She's playing the same role as Scott Savol and John Stevens. The harsher the criticism becomes, the more determined they are to thumb their nose at you and keep her on the show. And I'm not talking about VFTW, they just fan the flames of this phenomenon. (And for the record, I can't stand this gimmicky b!+ch either.)

CBailey 274 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-13-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CBailey Click to send private message to CBailey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
I happen to like Kellie. I think the whole snot rag thing is being taken out of tense. The reason why she stood up and gave the rag to Ryan was because he had previously asked for it from her and she told him that she was going to need it. Then after her turn when finding out if she was in the bottom three she didn't need it anymore therefore giving it to Ryan who she thought still wanted the snot rag. Ryan just played up the instance for publicity. This had nothing to do with Kellie she was just giving the rag to someone she thought wanted it. She was not putting on a show or faking anything.

04-13-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
I don't think Kellie's actions are in question as much as her lack of good judgement with the language she used.
Clue For Kellie: Do not say things like "snot rag" when you have a TV camera and millions of TV viewers looking at you. Duh

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-17-06, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
>>Ryan just played up the instance<<

What we saw was not (for once) RYAN playing up the incident...that was all Kellie -- being gross, and being an attention whore by GETTING UP, WALKING ALL THE WAY DOWN TO RYAN, and COMMENTING UNNECESSARILY on it.

Even if the hick part of her is genuine, the spotlight hungry stage hog is not a myth.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-14-06, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
hey my background is snobby, snotty (hah) upper-middle class NE stock, and I personally am liking Kellie more every week.

the more I see her, the more i think she IS for real. and half the dissing she gets is just a bunch of regional arrogance. people who need to boost their own self esteem by looking down their noses at the white trash.

I thought she was cute.

I was much more offended by Ryan, who acted like a hanky with a few shared tears on it was the most disgusting thing he'd even had to fling away. That was really pathetic the way he did that. Is he really that much of a wuss? And I mean that in his own metrosexual wussy way. If he were really gay, he'd be cooler.

didn't one of the contestants on the line actually pick it up? I think so.

04-14-06, 10:06 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
a bunch of regional arrogance.

I think this is some of it. Folks like to look down on people from the South with accents as stupid hicks, something I'm particularly sensitive to, and tired of.

Sig by Arkie!!

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
Yes, some folks do like to look down upon those from the South.

But, this Yankee married a SC Peach.... And I have to tell you, I bought Kellie's story hook-line-and-sinker... At first... As the contest has progressed, it is become ever so clear that its all a schtick - playing upon the typical stereotype of a backwoods southern woman.

I ain't buyin' it anymore...

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

04-14-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
I ain't buyin' it anymore...

That'd be "I ain't buyin' it no more..."

Sig by Arkie!!

04-17-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
Stands corrected!

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-17-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."

>But, this Yankee married a SC
>Peach....

lol...you may have married by misrepresentation, I thought it was a Georgia peach.

I think you got yourself a palmetto!!

04-19-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
True -- peaches are a GA thing. But SC produces far more than GA does... And besides, drive on i-85 -- in Gaffney -- there is a HUGE peach on a tower (i think its a water tower made in the shape of a peach). Looks like a big butt on a pole!

Cant call Mrs. Archon a palmetto -- thats what the call teh big water bugs in florida!

Archon

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-15-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
<I thought she was cute.

Hi priestdi.

I have a hard time making the "I'm so naive" act coincide with her "naughty little minx" polish.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-15-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kellie and her Snot Rag..."
yeah, I know. I'm curious about what she really is too.

but I don't think she's coming across as "naive," actually.

it's more about what she's been exposed to, in terms of culture and city life, than the sort of naivete that would be contradicted by her minx thing. to me her minx thing is more about sex, which works just fine in the backwoods, lol.

she's not doing a big-city minx thing, the younger girls on my other board think she's awful because she doesn't have any sophistication or a polished sensuality when she sings, they don't like the way she stands, etc. it's way too ... I guess tomboyish? it doesn't quite feel "polished" to me, to use your word.

And for me, that reinforces the notion that she's more or less what she's presenting herself to be.

Now I can guarantee that idol is milking it, and encouraging her to play it up. So it's exaggerated, probably. But one of the recent musical guests -- was it someone from Queen? I forget now where I saw it -- said she was the real thing, more or less.

So I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, anyway. Until something convinces me otherwise.

04-19-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Kellie, Please Don't Put Us Through The Torture! "
How about when Ryan said something like too bad you can't sing it again (and hopefully not suck as bad), Kellie said "I wouldn't put you through the torture". How can she expect anyone would vote for her when even she knows she's terrible!
How funny Simon said she should have just stuck to "Bewildered"! Even Paula was like, "why don't you try acting".
I (almost) felt bad for her making such a fool of herself.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Kellie, Please Don't Put Us Through The Torture! "
I will admit that although I am not a huge Kellie fan, I try to accept her. But it almost seems like she purposely tries to look uncomfortable/nervous as an excuse for the songs she just doesn't prepare for well. I get irritated when anyone blames their nerves for a poor performance. They have been doing this for enough weeks now that this should no longer be an excuse. And if it is an honest excuse, should this person really be the next idol? As for the fact that this week's song choices were out of her realm...well, Chris is not known to sing these songs and he did a very good job of holding his own. As for her comments referring to her uneasy performance, "I'm sorry," and "I wouldn't put you through the torture," just makes me feel like she is trying to get the "emotional" votes (i.e. "Oh, I feel so bad for Kellie because even SHE admits she did badly...). I am tired of the excuses...put up or shut up!

Sorry for venting!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •