The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-21-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
I know there is another post out there about Chris, but this is a different topic, so I started a new thread.

First off, before I get attacked, I really really like Chris. That being said, I don't see him being the "American Idol". I would rather him be in a band. I heard on the radio that after he sang the Fuel song a couple of weeks ago they called him and asked him to join their band. Being under contract, he had to turn them down. How cool would it be for a well known band to sign a VERY well known guy to front their band?? I could see myself saying, "Have you heard the new fuel song??You know that's Chris from American Idol that is their new singer!" I would totally buy that album. On the other hand, I don't see myself buying a "Chris Daughtry" album. Maybe it's just me, but I hope he does NOT win AI!!!!

Please let me know how you feel about this. I can't be the only one!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... nailbone 03-21-06 1
   RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... angelworth29 03-21-06 2
       RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... LisaPles 03-21-06 4
 RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... geekboy 03-21-06 3
   RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... LisaPles 03-21-06 5
   RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... tamarama 03-21-06 6
       RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... nailbone 03-21-06 8
   RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... nailbone 03-21-06 7
       RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... geekboy 03-21-06 9
   RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... hplotr251 03-22-06 14
       RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... anotherkim 03-30-06 19
 RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... Glow 03-21-06 10
   RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... CattyChat 03-21-06 11
       RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... Glow 03-21-06 12
       RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... geg6 03-21-06 13
       RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... Sues 04-07-06 20
 Step Away from the mike stand CSHS79 03-25-06 15
   RE: Chris's Performance Last Night LisaPles 03-29-06 16
       RE: Chris's Performance Last Night Glow 03-29-06 17
           RE: Chris's Performance Last Night nazpink 03-29-06 18
               RE: Chris's Performance Last Night daijahvoo 04-09-06 21
                   RE: Chris's Performance Last Night Glow 04-10-06 22
 RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... momof4inVA 04-11-06 23
   RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... LisaPles 04-12-06 24
 RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... MizJazmine 04-12-06 25
   RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... hoazi 04-12-06 26
       RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... Magnolia_Rocker 04-13-06 27
   RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... LisaPles 04-13-06 28
       RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win..... MizJazmine 04-13-06 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-06, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
Nope, can't do it. For me, he's in the "I'll buy whatever he puts out" category with Bo Bice and Kelly Clarkson.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."

In my opinion, he's better than Bo. He could actually sell some albums. IF he was in a band. JMO

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
Angel, I totally see what you are saying. I feel that I haven't seen enough of Chris to know whether or not he can stand on his own. I do hope that others are eliminated before him, but I don't think that will be a problem. In this stage of the competition, I am looking forward to seeing Chris perform and will see how my opinion of him develops.
I am a huge Bo fan and I after a few of his performances last season I thought, this guy is a STAR! I hope I am going to feel like that about one of them this time around!

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-21-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
Let me start out by saying i like Chris. He's an amazing rock singer, but I have to agree and say that I don't think American Idol was the right choice for Chris to make.

For me to vote for someone on AI, I need to see some creativity, some flexibility, some adaptability, some risk taking AND some originality. Chris can sing rock, and has sung every song so far quite well.

BUT...

Has he given the songs the "Chris Daughtry" touch? So far, one could argue that he's done a damn good Karaoke version of all his performances so far. I'm thinking back, and although i was impressed, i don't recall him making any song "his own". The one exception would be that very brief audition where he sang "The Letter" and sang it very well with a ROCK edge to it. But since then, i see a pattern.

I want to see him go far, but at the same time i want to see him push himself out of his comfort zone.

geekboy

03-21-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
I agree with you geek. Chris needs to serve up some originality in the upcoming weeks. I am looking forward to it!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
>>I need to see some creativity, some flexibility, some adaptability, some risk taking AND some originality.<<

Amen, Geek.

This is why I'm surprised by Bo fans that think Chris is better. Not vocally, not in personality, not in performance.

Right out of the gate Bo was much more of an individual. Chris looks & sounds like every shaved-head rock singer fronting the band at the corner bar. Eh.

To me, I prefer to look at TAYLOR and Bo.

03-21-06, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
To me, I prefer to look at TAYLOR and Bo.

I like Taylor a lot, too, but while I can see him being GREAT in concert cuz he's so fun, I don't think he'd translate to video, or even radio, as well as some of the others.

Sig by Arkie!!

03-21-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
But since then, i see a pattern.

That pattern is what I was referring to in the "song Rumors" thread. I think he needs to sing a song that's not been covered by a current artist, a la the Chili Peppers doing the Stevie Wonder song.

Sig by Arkie!!

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
Agreed. 100%.

geekboy

hplotr251 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-22-06, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hplotr251 Click to send private message to hplotr251 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."

>
>Has he given the songs the
>"Chris Daughtry" touch?

Uh, the answer to this question is YES!!! Even the judges say so every week that he makes all the songs he sings his own. the song he sang tonight "I Walk The Line" was absolutely nothing like the original, that was all Chris. He puts himself in everything he sings and that is why Simon said he will be in the top three.

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
No, it wasn't all Chris. It was another band's interpretation of Walk the Line that Chris had heard.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--he is a good mimic. Damn good.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
Nope. I've said I don't want him to win. Just like I didn't want Bo to win last year. And like Bo, I think he just needed the exposure for his existing band. He's gained enough fans that he could quit now and gain a gazillion fans for Absent Element. Too bad their obligations, contracts, whatever won't allow them to do that.
hmm. They should have a show for that. Do they? Have they?

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-21-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-06 AT 02:13 PM (EST)

I'm right there with you, Glow. I think it's in Chris's best interest not to win, but I think a few more weeks would further bolster his fan base and will give his future career a better chance. Either way, I think he has his ticket, solo or as a front man.

I also think Taylor is in the same boat as Chris -- a few more weeks to get his fan base secure & cut him loose to a better career. Taylor is 100% solo artist I can see him on TV & cameos in movies -- his personality is bigger than life. I think AI will only slow him down.

So, what I'd really like is Taylor & Chris to make the final 3 and for someone like Katherine to win, who really needs AI to jumpstart her solo career.

ETA -- Would have loved to see Chris compete in the next RockStar to front the "SuperGroup" in the making. He'd have a great shot & it would be even better to see him compete against others more in his genre of music. Then we'd really see if he has what it takes. (I think Dave would love him, too )

Kind Creation of ARNutz

03-21-06, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
Yep. A few more weeks. I'm not done watching him yet. I think Chris is more of a frontman (Bucky too for that matter) for a band. Taylor is all solo artist. You're right about that for sure. I agree with everything you said actually, CC. But the problem with a show like the SuperGroup competition is that he already has a band. It would suck to have to leave them in the dust.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
Hell, now that information on the new Rock Star season has finally come out, I'll bet Chris is kicking himself.

Rumor is that Suzy McNeil is definitely coming back. Chris would fit right in. And probably walk away with it. And, if not? He'd at least be competing with a talent pool with comparable abilities.

I'd only put two or three of the AI contestants in the same level of talent category. But that's AI. It's so often not about the talent at all.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
exxxaaaacccctttttlllllyyyyy....you said every little thing I was thinking!

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-25-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Step Away from the mike stand"
Until Chris can step away from the mike stand for more than a few seconds, the jury is out for me with Chris.After all how can
you really connect with the audience if you don't get near them like the other contestants do?

03-29-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Chris's Performance Last Night "
I thought Chris's song choice last night was horrible. Even if he had picked a different Creed song it would have been better.
I believe that he doesn't want to win American Idol. I think he is using American Idol to showcase his rock vocals hoping that he will get offers to front a band after the show is over.
I think Chris is very talented, but I am increasingly unimpressed with his performance on the show.

03-29-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Chris's Performance Last Night "
He already fronts a band. I hope all he's wanting to do is get recognition for them.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-06, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Chris's Performance Last Night "
I love Chris and I love Taylor, the most, and I don't know what winning AI will do for them. The only one that actually seems to be benefiting from winning this show is Kelly Clarkson and I guess Carrie has been doing good, but the others are no names. These guys only really needed the competition for exposure.

daijahvoo 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-09-06, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail daijahvoo Click to send private message to daijahvoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Chris's Performance Last Night "
oh please I totly disagree with what u said

P.S Glow how do you get movindg photos in there

04-10-06, 07:54 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Chris's Performance Last Night "
We have a group of amazing sig pic makers. Arkie made this one and the moving Chris one. I would have absolutely no idea how to do it.

an arkie work of art

momof4inVA 120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-11-06, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."

Angelworth,

I realise that I am so late at posting this but,I think that Chris has the "it " that record producers are looking for. Randy Jackson would be happy as a clam to have him. Of course you can throwe out my opinion(By the way whether you believe it or not) I voted for Bo (he has a new album in the top 10.) And Ruben was the best.

04-12-06, 08:26 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
I think the reason why Chris probably won't win is because he doesn't want to. I thought he was good last night, but again proved that he won't perform the type of songs that everyone thinks he should at this stage in the show. He is standing by his desire to perform rock music and I admire that.
With the success of Clay and Bo I think the contestants are realizing that they don't have to win the competition in order for it to help launch them into a successful career in music. It is interesting to see how that knowledge changes the dynamic of the show.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
From day 1 it has always been my thought that Chris should be in a band. When he sings I feel like there should be other people there on stage with him like a guitarist, bassist, drummer, etc.

In having said that, let me say...well first preference it by saying I'm an old school rocker. I've seen bands such as Led Zepplin and Aerosmith when they were in their prime, and many more. Okay...while I like Chris, there is just something about him that is just not authentic. I can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't add up for me with Chris. Maybe it's him trying to mainstream when he's obviously not.

Now I didn't have this same feeling with Bo, and he was my pick from day one. But with Chris something isn't quite right for me. I don't know....

hoazi 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-12-06, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hoazi Click to send private message to hoazi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
Is Chris really that special? I mean, really? He can sing, but so can hundreds of other rock singers. I think he's on the wrong show, and I really can't forsee a successful solo career for him. He's so cocky and one-dimensional. I swear, would it kill him to smile?

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-13-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
I just had to point out after reading your post that Chris has not shown an ounce of cockiness since he's been on the show. What has he done to make you think he's cocky? Also, the man smiles all the time on the show cause it gives me goosebumps every time he does it.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

04-13-06, 08:56 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
I didn't have this same
>feeling with Bo, and he
>was my pick from day
>one. But with Chris something
>isn't quite right for me.

I totally agree. Bo had such a great presence when he was on stage performing. I would actually get excited when he sang. I think it's the performance and connection with the audience, not only talent that gives someone that "star" quality. I don't feel that with any of them this season.
I don't intend to insult the Chris fans because I would still agree that he is one of the best left in this competition.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Why Chris SHOULDNT'T win....."
You could be on to something...maybe that's what is. Yes Chris can sing, but I don't "feel" anything when he does. I hear him, but I don't feel him. For me it's like after Chris sings, it evaporates. There's no lingering emotional sensation for me. Bo was fully present and his "acapella" performance was one of the best in the history of the show IMO. I still remember that performance. I'm not having that experience with Chris. Bo and Chris can both sing in their own right I'm just saying for me....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •