The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will Chris win??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will Chris win??"
Vote here.
a thread to talk about all things chris, good or bad.
Love him, or don't love him quite so much. I mean, does anyone even dislike him?? That doesn't mean his style - that may not be your thing. But the guy gives his heart & soul in every show, just like Taylor.

He's praised by the judges and an audience-pleaser as well.

Is he the current front-runner?
Can he/should he be compared to Bo?

discuss.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will Chris win?? Magnolia_Rocker 03-02-06 1
 RE: Will Chris win?? geekboy 03-02-06 2
   RE: Will Chris win?? Magnolia_Rocker 03-02-06 3
 RE: Will Chris win?? Glow 03-02-06 4
   RE: Will Chris win?? bicbic911 03-02-06 5
   RE: Will Chris win?? emydi 03-02-06 6
   RE: Will Chris win?? brvnkrz 03-04-06 13
 RE: Will Chris win?? CattyChat 03-02-06 7
 RE: Will Chris win?? pinkytiffy23 03-02-06 8
 RE: Will Chris win?? shanana banana 03-02-06 9
 RE: Will Chris win?? Kattrikk 03-03-06 10
   RE: Will Chris win?? indyblu 03-03-06 11
 RE: Will Chris win?? OklaBlue 03-03-06 12
 RE: Will Chris win?? dragonflies 03-05-06 14
 RE: Will Chris win?? aquariaqueen 03-06-06 15
 RE: Will Chris win?? nailbone 03-06-06 16
 RE: Will Chris win?? Reeflex7 03-06-06 17
   RE: Will Chris win?? aquariaqueen 03-07-06 18
       RE: Will Chris win?? shawnar 03-07-06 19
       RE: Will Chris win?? Reeflex7 03-07-06 20
       RE: Will Chris win?? nailbone 03-08-06 22
   RE: Will Chris win?? tamarama 03-08-06 21
       RE: Will Chris win?? miss lissa 03-10-06 23
       RE: Will Chris win?? nailbone 03-10-06 24
 RE: Will Chris win?? Glow 03-13-06 25
   RE: Will Chris win?? prosecutor 03-14-06 26
 RE: Will Chris win?? hplotr251 03-20-06 27
   RE: Will Chris win?? LisaPles 03-21-06 28
 RE: Will Chris win?? daninLA 03-22-06 29
   RE: Will Chris win?? frankz 03-22-06 30
 RE: Will Chris win?? shanana banana 03-22-06 31
   RE: Will Chris win?? hplotr251 03-22-06 32
 Chris's Voice CSHS79 03-25-06 33
   RE: Chris's Voice geg6 03-27-06 34
   RE: Chris's Voice Glow 03-27-06 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will Chris win??"
Love, Love, Love me some Chris. I think he can and will win this year. He's got the complete package, looks, presence and a killer voice. I voted Bo all the way last year and was disappointed he didn't win. Comparison for the two?....for me only in the fact of how much I love them both as performers and rockers. Bo was southern rock all the way. Chris, to me, is more modern rock. Both rock it out in different ways.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-02-06, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I think Chris is an incredible rock singer, but i have my doubts if he can win this thing.

What is Chris going to do when they have Country night? or 'big band' night? Or when he has to stretch that rock voice into places its never gone before?

I will be very pleased if he can do it, but I do believe that the front runner to win this thing is Taylor (if he gets better with song selection).

geekboy

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Will Chris win??"
Let me preface this by saying I love Taylor also, he's number 2 in my book but....I think Taylor has just as much potential to bomb on Big Band or Disco night as Chris has. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these boys will choose just the right song for them in any genre that's thrown at them. They can do it but will they is the question.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Will Chris win??"
*gets out pom poms*
I love Chris. Love him.
Will he win? I have no idea.
Should he win? In my opinion? Absofrigginlutely.
Can he be compared to Bo? Sure.
Should he be compared to Bo? Nope.

Go Chris!

bicbic911 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bicbic911 Click to send private message to bicbic911 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Will Chris win??"
We watched the show again this morning, and I told my husband I wouldn't be surprised if he won the whole thing if he continues on this road. Bo did really well last year on the theme nights, picking just the right songs.

Chris's performance was .....AMAZING. Still giving me chills after repeated watchings.

I still love Taylor, he's my favorite, and I want him to stay.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I hope so and after last nite he is def front runner.

But he'll get a recording contract out of this

He'll do fine in the other genres (same with Taylor) now Bucky, if he makes it, may have some trouble...

I'm no. 1

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Will Chris win??"
That's a really nice cheer, Glow. But it didn't rhyme.

An awesome Arkie siggie

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-06, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Will Chris win??"
With AI voters, not sure if he'll win. He's my fave right up there with Taylor -- the two best in the competition IMHO.

"Is he the current front-runner?" -- I sure as heck hope so.

"Can he/should he be compared to Bo?" -- No, NO, NO. Two very different genres, first of all. Secondly, I think Chris both outsings and outperforms Bo.

I LOVED Bo last season, but I think part of his appeal was that finally AI broadened the pool and brought in rockers like Bo. He had an edge and maturity over the contestants last year. Overall, I don't think he is that great and if he were competing against Taylor & Chris this season, people would be saying Bo who???? After watching a season of RockStar I realized how Bo didn't quite cut it compared to the rockers there, either. Sorry, Bo.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

pinkytiffy23 18 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinkytiffy23 Click to send private message to pinkytiffy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Will Chris win??"
Chris to me...has it all. Nice, laid-back personailty, cute, not too young or too old, With the best wow voice.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-06, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Will Chris win??"
*Love* Chris. With a capital L.

I am interested to see how he does on the different show nights, but I think he can pull it off and make each song his own. It's going to be interesting to see how any of the guys do on the varying theme nights -- each one of them has a particular niche carved out already.

I love Bo, but Chris is totally different than Bo. Rawer and harder. I.love.it.

(I love Elliott, too, but I know this is a Chris thread. lol)

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I absolutely love Chris. He is by far my favorite. I also love Taylor but Chris (like Bo) has real life stage experience to draw from and boy, does it show. Chris seems very pleasant, and Plus, he's hot. Not pretty, mind you. I am not a fan of the pretty ones. I like the edge.

Can he win? I really hope so, but I don't know if voters are ready to crown a rocker yet. All I know is that I have already found my favorite. I hope at the very least that he makes it really far!

indyblu 16 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail indyblu Click to send private message to indyblu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I really liked Chris performance the other night. He nailed that song!

If he doesnt win (I dont think he will really its Taylor's to lose) maybe he can geta movie deal with his twin brother....Vin Diesel!!!LOLOLOL

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-03-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I hope he does! I'm a grandma...he reminds me of my son a bit in looks. Don't take this wrong, but even for an old lady...he is HOT! I love Chris. I hope he wins! Will be interesting to see how he handles other music. He's great to look at, and a nice, clean, family man. His smile is captivating. His voice was the best of all the guys. Better than Bo! He probably already is getting contract offers put together. Even if he doesn't win this AI, Chris will be a winner!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Will Chris win??"
Yes, he should.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-06-06, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I hope he goes far....in my book, he's top 3.

However, I have little faith in those who vote....namely the little pre-teens. They just don't get it. And they have more ambition to keep redialing---I try my best as a 40+ gal.

I love that he wears a wedding ring, and is proud of the fact of being married with children. That's darn hot to me!!!!

And his chiseled muscles are steamy too.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-06, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Will Chris win??"
Can he win? You bet! He's definitely one of the top 3 as far as talent, personality, "it" factor.

Will he win? Who knows? I hopes he does, but every season we're surprised by someone that advances that shouldn't, and someone that gets booted that shouldn't.

He can be compared to Bo because this early on, he stands out head and shoulders above the other guys, like Bo did last season.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-06-06, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Will Chris win??"
Right now he is being very smart with song selection, but it is too early too tell with him. I want to see how he handles those curveballs like "Songs from Musicals" theme night first, before I start placing odds on him. He's extremely talented, but I see him as more of a one-trick pony at this point...once he ventures out of that modern rock comfort zone I think he's going to struggle a little bit.

I hope I'm wrong, because he IS fun to watch.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Will Chris win??"
Musical night....hmmm....Jesus Christ, Superstar?????

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-07-06, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I love him and he's so hot!!!! I also like that he's a family man and proud of it! I think he will be in the top three mabye the top two but I still think Taylor will take it. I think at the very least he will get a great contract.

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Will Chris win??"
"Musical night....hmmm....Jesus Christ, Superstar?????"

I'm thinking "Hair"

03-08-06, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Will Chris win??"
Tommy?

Sig by Arkie!!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-08-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I agree that it's too early to tell.

Taylor, Elliot & Chris (probably in that order) are my personal top 3, but we've all seen things change a ton once they move into the top 12.

My ONLY complaint about Chris is that he seems to be holding back. I want to see him really let go like the Rock Star contestents did. I feel like he's toned it down because it's primarily a pop contest.

miss lissa 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-10-06, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail miss%20lissa Click to send private message to miss%20lissa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I like Chris alot, I think he has a great voice and picks all the right songs to sing. He will go far in this competition.

03-10-06, 12:08 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Will Chris win??"

I agree. I hope Chris sings something a bit more lively soon. Stevie Wonder Week will definitely be his first real test.

Sig by Arkie!!

03-13-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Will Chris win??"
For anybody that's interested.
Chris' band's website
The Chris Crew
The second link plays an Absent Element song, "Breakdown", with Chris on vocals. Very cool song. Cool guy. Lots of pictures. *swoon*

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-14-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Will Chris win??"
Honestly, I hope Bucky sneaks in there to take it
all the way to the win. Hahaha.
I mean this guy what's the deal? Am I missing something?
I am not a fan.

hplotr251 14 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hplotr251 Click to send private message to hplotr251 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Will Chris win??"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-06 AT 11:36 PM (EST)

I cannot describe how much I love Chris. He will win, or should win just like last year Bo should have won. But I don't compare them in any other way except they are both rockers. Chris is more modern. I don't understand why everyone is worried about him on theme nights, but not worried about Taylor.

Has Taylor gone out of his comfort zone yet? I've been watching from the beginning and I can't remember a time. So far he has done all that easy listening bluesy, soul-y kind of stuff that he loves. So can Taylor do better than Chris on say musical night? I doubt it. what has happened to make anyone believe he could do better? nothing.

Chris Rocks, Chris should win. He's got it all.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I think Chris is very talented and I think he will only do better as he gets more comfortable with the whole production. I'm not sure yet if I will be voting for him all the way, I'm still trying to find out who my favorite is.

Will he win, I'm not sure. Not everybody out there are cool rock fans like oursleves! Let's not forget that Carrie Underwear was able to win the competition last season. Lame! Makes you wonder who the heck is voting! I was voting for Bo, but was glad for him in a way when he didn't win. He doesn't need Idol.

daninLA 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-22-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail daninLA Click to send private message to daninLA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I am getting a little tired of his turning everything into a rock song. Getting too predictable and stale. I didn't care for the way he changed "Walk the Line." It sounded alright, but really didn't go with the lyrics. Sounded more like he was going to a funeral than promising another to be faithful. It was way too melodramatic. He has not shown much range so far. He would be good as the lead singer of a rock band, but I have serious doubts about his success as a solo singer.

frankz 1210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-22-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I couldn’t disagree more. I thought Chris’ version of Walk the Line was great. I’d buy that album today.

Reminds me of Johnny Cash doing Rusty Cage. I love genre bending remakes. A very good job IMO.

Wheelie by RollDdice
There are plenty of businesses like show business

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Will Chris win??"
LOVE Chris.

I have nothing else to say.

hplotr251 14 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-06, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hplotr251 Click to send private message to hplotr251 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Will Chris win??"
I have heard a few people criticize Chris for turning everything in to a rock song, but I don't understand why that's a bad thing. He IS a rocker first and foremost so why should he veer from that. Even the judges themselves, including Simon, commend him for not budging. I think if all of the sudden he sang something in a pop way, his fans will feel slighted like he sold out or something. It's so obvious people love him just the way he is. Listen to the audience during the show and results-people go nuts over him!! I thought his version of Walk The Line was awesome. He took a song from the fifties and didn't try to sing it just like Johnny Cash, he made it his own and I too would have bought that from him in a heartbeat! KEEP ROCKIN' CHRIS!!

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-25-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Chris's Voice"
I'll give you that he has a nice voice. But what bothers me is that he can't step away for more than a few seconds from the mike
stand. In fact during Higher Ground he carried the mike stand all
around the stage with him, what's up with that? Until I see him move away from the mike stand and I mean for more than a few seconds, the jury is out for me with Chris.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-06, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Chris's Voice"
What!?!?!? Carrying the mike stand around while singing is a problem? I really don't get that. Loads of rock singers do that. I guess I simply don't understand how that is relevant.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Unless you're kidding, in which case, sorry!

03-27-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Chris's Voice"
As I rewatched (and rewatched and rewatched) his performance from last week, I thought of this post (posted in the forum a few times), as I watched him walk to the front of the stage without the mic stand.

glowie chris

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •