The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Your smile bothers me""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-23-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Your smile bothers me""
Simon often comes up with some pretty good put-downs, but every once in a while he comes up with a real gem that can be applied in everyday life. I'm using this as my motto for the time being.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Your smile bothers me" shawnar 02-23-06 1
 RE: "Your smile bothers me" irishrose 02-24-06 2
 RE: "Your smile bothers me" evepal 02-24-06 3
 RE: "Your smile bothers me" dragonflies 02-24-06 4
 RE: "Your smile bothers me" SOfan0221 02-25-06 5
   RE: "Your smile bothers me" loretta54 02-25-06 6
       RE: "Your smile bothers me" deededell 02-25-06 7
       RE: "Your smile bothers me" Kattrikk 02-27-06 8
           RE: "Your smile bothers me" zipperhead 02-27-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-23-06, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Your smile bothers me""
I loved that comment!!Thats why I love Simon is that he usually speaks the same thing that I'm thinking.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

irishrose 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-24-06, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail irishrose Click to send private message to irishrose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Your smile bothers me""
Loved that line, and it was so true.

evepal 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-24-06, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evepal Click to send private message to evepal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Your smile bothers me""

It's a good thing that Gedeon can smile. He just recently lost his father.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-06, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "Your smile bothers me""
Usually Simon and I are in agreement, on principal. But these kind of comments are completely useless. What is he supposed to do, never smile? I think Gideon has a very nice smile.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-25-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "Your smile bothers me""
I just chalked it up to Simon being Simon. He has an image in his head of what an American Idol is supposed to look like. Ruben nor Clay came even close to his ideal. I know Madeka is not his image nor Taylor Hicks, so he has to find something to pick at with Gideon.

Of course these comments come from a man with man boobs and nose hairs hanging out of his close up pics. Go figure.

loretta54 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-25-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail loretta54 Click to send private message to loretta54 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "Your smile bothers me""
I quite agree with you Simon can be a pig, i guess if you are not blond, thin and blue eyed you don't stand a chance of winning american idol according to Simon but thank God american can and do look further then what he thinks is beautiful. now i am all for telling people the truth "no you can't sing" and your family should stop encourging you. but to be mean just to be mean is not the way to go. Simon should engage his brain before he opens his big fat mouth. JMHO

deededell 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-25-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deededell Click to send private message to deededell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "Your smile bothers me""

If ya'll remember on Wednesday Ryan Seacrest finally got really nasty with Simon and made what I believe the most profound statement ever made on AI. He was asking the judges if at this stage of the contest wouldn't it be better to share contructive critisism than to just tear down the idols? There was some jabbing among the 3 stooges and then Simon got nasty with Ryan. Then Ryan said the best thing ever "I think that this is the first vote of the season and I think that these kids could use more constructive words than just mean words".

I was a vocal performance major for a few semesters in college. When I listen to Simon and read between what he is saying he really is spot on. If he would just try not to be a comedian and really give them something to work with his words would be more effective. This past Wednesday when Randy and Paula where gaga over Sway, we were home thinking "Are you kidding me?? Are you kidding me? Did you hear him?" Sure enough Simon says-- "I must be hearing something different?" His words could be helpful.

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-27-06, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: "Your smile bothers me""
but to
>be mean just to be
>mean is not the way
>to go. Simon should
>engage his brain before he
>opens his big fat mouth.
>JMHO

Based on results, I think 20+ million people would disagree. Simon knows exactly what he's saying at all times, IMO. People love it!

I do understand what you're saying. I felt a pang of sympathy when Simon said that. But MAN that smile bugged me, too. I just hope he's not really self consious now. I guess that's part of being an AI contestant, though.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "Your smile bothers me""
I just wanted to say that, after looking at your sigpic, I have never wanted to be a pussy more than I do right now.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •