The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kelly Clarkson"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-09-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kelly Clarkson"
Did not watch AI lasr night (boo hoo) watched the grammys instead. All I can say is that Kelly Clarkson is an ungrateful beotch. She won her grammys and thanked everyone except the fans or AI what a beotch.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kelly Clarkson StarryLuna 02-09-06 1
   RE: Kelly Clarkson mysticwolf 02-09-06 2
       RE: Kelly Clarkson prosecutor 02-09-06 3
           RE: Kelly Clarkson Tahj 02-10-06 4
       RE: Kelly Clarkson shortcakes2005 02-16-06 19
 RE: Kelly Clarkson DooWahDitty 02-10-06 5
 RE: Kelly Clarkson nailbone 02-10-06 6
 RE: Kelly Clarkson Tahj 02-10-06 7
 RE: Kelly Clarkson Ijustsharted 02-10-06 8
 Incorrect strid333 02-11-06 9
 RE: Kelly Clarkson eduardo02 02-12-06 10
 RE: Kelly Clarkson butternut 02-12-06 11
   RE: Kelly Clarkson shortcakes2005 02-16-06 20
 RE: Kelly Clarkson Buggy 02-14-06 12
   RE: Kelly Clarkson SurvivorBlows 02-14-06 13
       RE: Kelly Clarkson LakerLuv 02-15-06 14
           RE: Kelly Clarkson nailbone 02-15-06 15
               RE: Kelly Clarkson LakerLuv 02-15-06 16
       RE: Kelly Clarkson Buggy 02-15-06 17
           RE: Kelly Clarkson LakerLuv 02-15-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-09-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
I didn't watch, but I'm curious as to how many other winners thanked their fans? Yes, the fans are the ones that make them popular, but the fans don't vote for who wins the Grammy.

And Kelly's year of servitude with American Idol has long been up. Obviously, she is distancing herself from the show, but I notice the show seems to be distancing itself from former winners also. The former winners didn't even appear on last year's finale like they did the previous two years. Do you really expect her to thank AI for every single thing she gets throughout her career? I think that would get pretty old.

Luna's Eclipses

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-06, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
DH watched it all. By his recollection, not many did. Only one he recalls did - U2.

And, Kelly is so far from AI that she's left the company they signed her to. (Simon's isn't it?) Seems they refused to allow her to write any songs, or have any input, whatsoever, on the song or production.

I believe the song she won her Grammy for was on her new label, and was a song that she wrote.

A Syren Spring

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-09-06, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
StarryLuna I know all that but puhlease. Any way I believe Avril Lavigne writes most of Kelly's material.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-10-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
Avril Lavigne was one of three writers on the song Breakaway. That's the only one she's credited for on both of Kelly's albums.

Moves courtesy of Syren

shortcakes2005 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-16-06, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shortcakes2005 Click to send private message to shortcakes2005 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"

>
>I believe the song she won
>her Grammy for was on
>her new label, and was
>a song that she wrote.
>
>

no her album breakaway was produce by 19 entertainment that is the idol contract she did not breakaway from her management team till aafter album was produced.dont know wich she wrote if any.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-10-06, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
What everyone in here answered already. In addition, Kelly is by far the best vocall, and the most charismatic and popular. Really, it's going to be hard to measure up to her level. It's just as well she's distanced. Not surprising.

Try to put yourself in her shoes. Would you keep milking your AI fame after 4 years? Especially after her contract kept her under tight wraps without enough creative control (the story of most musicians' lives)?

A whole lot more people would be creeped out by her mentioning AI, than by her distancing herself from AI. She's got a real career now. Yes, thanks to AI she's got it. We don't need to be reminded of that fact - or the fact that she's grateful to AI - every time she speaks publicly.

pachyderm powered by syren

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-06 AT 03:27 PM (EST)

She did thanks her fans. More than once.

As for AI, they gave her the initial exposure. What she's done with it, up to and including the Grammy, is all her...see Clay, Ruben, Justin, et al. who HAVEN'T.

Or did you also slam Britney (or was it Christina) for not thanking the Mickey Mouse Club for her fame? Or Alanis Morrissete for not thanking "You Can Do That On TV" or whatever that show was called?

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-10-06, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
Let's face it. Every time we see Kelly Clarkson we think AI. AI didn't make her successful, they just gave her exposure. She's had to earn her success. It didn't come automatically.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Ijustsharted 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-10-06, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ijustsharted Click to send private message to Ijustsharted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"

I saw her hug Paula and then asked Madonna for her thighs>>>>LOL Kinda nerdy but likeable.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-11-06, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Incorrect"
She did thank the fans. She just didn't make a huge deal out of it.

Three is the perfect number.

eduardo02 5 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eduardo02 Click to send private message to eduardo02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
>Did not watch AI lasr night
>(boo hoo) watched the grammys
>instead. All I can say
>is that Kelly Clarkson is
>an ungrateful beotch. She won
>her grammys and thanked everyone
>except the fans or AI
>what a

I think Kelly is NOTHING but GRATEFUL, but she remains just horribly stunned she's getting accolades and awards against bigger, more established, "traditional route" stars and has just so much trouble keeping composed when she gives her speeches, maybe we can give her a pass for not mentioning AI by name. For someone who's seen a lifetime of "I hate my parents", "We need to call our attention to the plight of the Ridley sea turtles" and anti-Republican/war/America speeches. . .Kelly has shown us refreshing lessons in humility, grace, and gratitude.

It also seems like since Kelly doesn't do drugs, drink or party excessively, become a 75 lb anorexic stick and doesn't engage in tabloid-style publicity-stunt relationships like Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears, the media seem desperate and are gratuitously digging for negative crap like the "she wont let us use her songs" bull. Give me a break!

butternut 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-12-06, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail butternut Click to send private message to butternut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
I watched, and Kelly did thank her fans. And we could also say that American Idol won for best reality show, did they thank Kelly for making the show a hit?

shortcakes2005 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shortcakes2005 Click to send private message to shortcakes2005 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-06 AT 07:21 PM (EST)

she did not make the show a hit! they won this year she was no where around the show.

that said i dont think she meant to dissed idol because i saw melissa & joan on tv guide interview her before show and she mention idol and in one of her speeches she referred to crying on tv before meaning idol.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-06, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
Kelly is from North Texas, so local radio was all a buzz over her win.
She did thanks her fans, she didn't mention AI in her acceptances speeches.
One station I was listening to on the way to work, played an interview that was taped right after she won. ( The backstage interviews they do)
Kelly was asked why she didn't thank Idol, and she said didn't mean to forget, she was just overwhelmed by the moment. She said she forgot to thank her Dad too, and was mostly trying to stop crying and remember to speak. She said very nice things about Idol and all they did for her. They asked how winning a Grammy conpared to winning Idol, and she said Idol was great, but winning a Grammy was her dream, from the time she was a little girl.

( None of that was a direct quote, just what I remember her saying from listening to the radio)

She wasn't being a beotch, she was just excited and overwhelmed to be receiving a Grammy. I can't imagine what that moment would be like, how do you even remember your own name, much less to thank everyone who made that moment possible.
She is a real girl with an enourmous talent, I am happy for her to have achieved such success, and happy we get to enjoy her music.

And I think she paid her dues to Idol already, afterall they made her do that terrible movie.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
I agree, the "she didn't thank Idol" thing was a 100% media-made story. Like she noted, she also didn't thank her Dad -- why didn't the media pounce on that (like they did with Hilary Swank re: Chad Lowe or Sarah Jessica Parker re: Matthew Broderick a few years ago) -- probably because it doesn't sound as juicy. The girl has the composure of Jell-O. MOST.OVERBLOWN.STORY.EVER.

LakerLuv 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-15-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
I don't think Kelly has to spend the rest of her career thanking American Idol but I did think it was odd that during her first Grammy win, she never mentioned the show. It's understandable if she meant to but forgot. The bottom line is this: without American Idol, Kelly Clarkson WOULD NOT have had a BUILT-IN audience to give her career a HUGE boost.

It is because of her win on American Idol that 1) she even got a recording contract 2) she's able to sell millions of records because her AI audience followed her into the record stores and 3) that she even has a name in the music industry. THAT's why for her firts Grammy win, she should have at lest mentioned the show.

I don't htink she's a B*^%c but I think that whatever issues she has with the show and it's producers should be set aside when giving credit where credit is due. Sure Kelly is very talented and is the most comercially successful Idol winner so far. And since getting the opportunity to sing professionally, she has worked hard at her craft, but bottom line, without AI, she very well may still be waiting tables or singing in the mirror with a hair brush. So whenever she gets the chance, she should thank her lucky stars for a show like AI. Without it, her climb to the top would have been a lot harder.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
Did you read the rest of the thread, or are you just here to bag on Kelly? She said that she gives the credit to AI and realizes that AI is why she's there, but just got overwhelmed and forgot. And any issues that she's had with the show have been worked out.

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

02-15-06, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
>Did you read the rest
>of the thread, or are
>you just here to bag
>on Kelly? She said
>that she gives the credit
>to AI and realizes that
>AI is why she's there,
>but just got overwhelmed and
>forgot. And any issues
>that she's had with the
>show have been worked out.
>
>
>
>
>
>Sig by Cyg

>>size=1] Holey carp! My >blog!> MySpace!
>Official OT Tassel Adjuster
>
> o-

>

There's no need to be rude to me. If you don't like what I wrote, skip it and keep moving. I'm stating an opinion, not bagging on Kelly. Did you read my entire reply? I said I don't think she's a B***h. My comment was a general statement about my opinon regarding Kelly and her gratefulness for AI. It's not a fact. Just my itty bitty opinion. I don't hate Kelly or love Kelly so please back off. Thanks.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"

The girl has the composure of Jell-O. MOST.OVERBLOWN.STORY.EVER.

I agree Webby, the story was taken way over the top. Trying to portray Kelly Clarkson as a Diva or a Beech, just doesn't fly.
She seems so genuinely grateful for everything. Of course a nice girl making good isn't the most exciting story, even if it's true.

( Okay, so maybe I am a little biased, Kelly is a Homegirl, grew up about 30 miles from where I live.)

02-15-06, 08:02 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Kelly Clarkson"
What I like about Kelly is she's seems so genuine. She hasn't bought into the whole "Hollywood" diva thing. She has real talent and she relates to the real world fan. She seems like cool people.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •