The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-19-06, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
I can't remember which set of twins this was, but I think it was the two guys who sang Superstar to Paula. I hope it wasn't the first set of twins we saw cause I really liked those guys a lot (one of them was bald with a goatee). Anyone remember which was which?

Anyway, here's the story.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - They sang like angels for their audition on Tuesday's 'American Idol' premiere, but a pair of Memphis twins may sound more like jailbirds by the time the show goes live from Hollywood.

Terrell Brittenum, 28, has been in jail since Jan. 10 on an outstanding warrant for charges related to the illegal purchase of a car in Rockdale County, Ga., east of Atlanta.

He and his brother, Derrell, are accused of using another man's identity to buy a 2005 Dodge Magnum in June.

Derrell was expected to turn himself in on the same charges of forgery, theft by deception and financial identity fraud, The Commercial Appeal newspaper reported.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20060119/D8F7KAT81.html?PG=home&SEC=news

But, the four of us had a great time.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins m... Snidget 01-19-06 1
 RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins m... thndrkttn 01-19-06 2
   RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins m... PagongRatEater 01-19-06 3
 RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins m... CattyChat 01-19-06 4
 RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins m... lambdabunny 01-19-06 5
 yup, definitely your twins cqvenus 01-19-06 6
 RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins m... batts 01-19-06 7
   RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins m... tamarama 01-20-06 8
 RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins m... batgirl2good 01-23-06 9
 update PagongRatEater 01-24-06 10
   RE: update SOfan0221 02-09-06 11
       SHUT UP emydi 02-09-06 12
       RE: update PagongRatEater 02-09-06 14
   RE: update thndrkttn 02-09-06 13
       RE: update nazpink 02-09-06 15
           RE: update tamarama 02-10-06 16
               RE: update CattyChat 02-10-06 17
       RE: update brvnkrz 02-15-06 20
 RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins m... SOfan0221 02-15-06 18
   RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins m... DearAbby 02-17-06 22
 Shame about their impending elimina... Rhyn 02-15-06 19
   RE: Shame about their impending eli... SOfan0221 02-17-06 21
       RE: Shame about their impending eli... Phxazgirl30 02-19-06 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
This was the first set of twins, Sang something together than the one sang "My girl".

Not the pair that sang up at the table holding Paula's hands.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-19-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
Unforunately PRE, it was the first set of twins. The super-likeable guys wearing white shirts. Randy asked if their last name was Brightman and they corrected him.

Such a shame. I really liked them as well.

Call me simple but I loved they fact that they giggled a lot.

01-19-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
Dammit! I really liked those guys. I agree the fact that they didn't take themselves too seriously and seemed to enjoy just being there worked for me.

Of course it sounds like they didn't take the law to seriously either...and to buy a 2005 Magnum? Maybe they should have stolen the identity of someone who made a little more moeny. I mean if you're going to go for it, get a Jag or at least this years model.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
NOOOOOOOO! I really liked those guys. It's definitely the first twins who really sang great & had personality-plus. Such a shame & waste of talent.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

lambdabunny 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-19-06, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lambdabunny Click to send private message to lambdabunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
>I can't remember which set of
>twins this was, but I
>think it was the two
>guys who sang Superstar to
>Paula. I hope it
>wasn't the first set of
>twins we saw cause I
>really liked those guys a
>lot (one of them was
>bald with a goatee).
>Anyone remember which was which?
>
>
Unfortunately it is probably the twins you like with the goatee the other black male twins were 16 years old. The goatee twins were 28. Sorry

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "yup, definitely your twins"

per TSG:

(click photo for TSG story)

~ cq

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-19-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
Sorry All..... those were the twins I didn't care for. That was Derrell... and Terrell, wasn't it? I liked the other set of twins, but I can't remember their names.... the other 2 black guy twins they had on the show. Now THEY were pretty good. Beautiful voices.
But the goatee twins...... pshttttt..... away with them.... send em to jail!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-20-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
Wow.

Totally opposite of how I felt. The 16-yr-old, second set of twins that (barely) sang 'Superstar' were painful.

Really nice voices, really terrible singing.

batgirl2good 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-23-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batgirl2good Click to send private message to batgirl2good Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
One of them sang "Too Proud To beg." I can't remember what the other one sang. They were on Tuesday night.

01-24-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
10. "update"
First of all, just to be totally clear, it IS the goatee twins - which is sad, cause I liked them. However, I did want to post this update that AI has said that they will remain in the competition in spite of this allegation. Personally, it changes my perspective on the guys and I won't be pulling (or voting) for them as the competition moves on.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-09-06, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: update"
I agree with you.

And after watching their little twin diva antics in Hollywood, I definately think a lot less of them than before.

Just because you can carry a tune does not make you a superstar.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "SHUT UP"
and go call your probation officers...

I hate them, I hope they both get booted in the group section

Dissing my little turkey boy like that...hmmmmph

02-09-06, 06:09 PM (EST)
14. "RE: update"
Wow! They sure were a couple of jerks last night, and the previews made it look like they get worse next week. My first impression was totally wrong, that is for sure. Can't wait until they are gone - although even if one gets to the vote I can't see him going too far.

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: update"
Get them off of my screen now. They need some immodium ad for their mouths! GAH! Shut up the eef up already!

P.S. News Flash: Beyond your audition song? Neither of you can sing.

There goes that Rude Tkit Doll again.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-09-06, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: update"
I was surprised to see them on the show. I thought that they were uninvited. As for their singing, well audition really good, Hollywood really bad. Not only were their voices not up to par (maybe they stole those too) but their attitudes were terrible. They were such divas it drove me nuts and the fact that they told the other set of twins to give them their number so they could hook them up....why don't they use their info to hook themselves up or are they assuming they will have connections?

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-10-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: update"
Check out this interesting interview with American Idol Producer Ken Warwick:

http://www.foxesonidol.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article1827.art&page=1

In it he has this to say about our favorite twins:

<<Q: Well, earlier this week, I spoke with the attorney representing the Brittnum twins from Tennessee, the ones who were arrested for auto theft. They said they were part of the final 36 but were “disinvited to go to Idol recently for the cut down to 24, and they weren’t given a chance to become part of the final 24.” Why did you disinvite them? Was it because of this arrest?

A: Well, obviously yes. Those issues were prevalent. We do background checks on all the kids when we get that far down the road. And if there’s anybody that has done anything that would bring the show into disrepute, and obviously, there’s a lot of money and a lot of kids watch this, a lot of demographic—

Q: And this was all recent. You’ve let people go who have had problems in the past like Bo Bice and Scott Savol.

A: We’re not judgmental. If it’s something that’s not ongoing at that particular moment. I mean, I remember a serious one, Nikki McKibbin, I think used to be a stripper. We can’t be judgmental, and if there are things that happened in the past, I mean, everybody’s got skeletons in their closet. If it’s something that is of no danger to the show; but obviously it’s not just our decision. The network and attorneys and everybody…

Q: Right. But did you agree with that decision not to--

A: I think from what I heard, under the circumstances, I’d probably think it was a prudent decision, but how we handle it, you’ll have to wait and see on Wednesday. We just don’t take them out and not mention it, put it that way.

Q: We’ll see them on the screen?

A: Oh, you will.>>

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: update"
Great post.

I'm not sure how long ago the Hollywood week auditions were held before all this trouble with the law came out with the twins, but I was wondering -- especially given your post whether the producers went back and re-edited Wednesday's show to highlight on the negative of the "bad twins." This way, the viewers would see their attitude and get a dislike for them and be happy that AI dropped them from the show.

Boy, was I duped by their audition. I thought they sounded great together & seemed like "nice guys."

And I also wonder, if the editing were different -- cutting out all their smart remarks about the other contestants -- and we were only shown their Hollywood audition, where they did that little comedy routine, I think we all still would have been under the belief that these guys are just funny, nice guys without attitude.

Something to think about.

One more thing -- that stinks that they made the top 36, taking two spots from two others more deserving.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: update"
I agree, Tkit. I wanted to b!tch slap the talky one. The other one isn't as whiney but ack, they need to go away. I'm surprised that Simon has put up with them and continues to put up with them.

How do I order a Tkit doll?

02-15-06, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
I can't beleive how p!ssy both the twins acted last night. One blaming his performance on the other two, promising the partner that stayed with him.........blech!!!!! And then his twin little diva goes off on the judges, quits and shashays out like the little prince where he is met by little prince #2 who instists he goes back and apologize.

Why did Simon let him back in????? He certainly is not that good.

Oh well, all reality shows must have dramatic comdey and I think these two nitwits are it.

DearAbby 2959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-17-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Hollywood bound Memphis twins may be prison bound, too."
Today on "Live with Regis & Kelly," Simon said he knew the twins would never make it to the top 24, but he kept them in so he could "torture" them. He likened it to pulling legs off a fly!

Deer Abbey sig courtesy of tribephyl 2005

The reason a dog makes so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-15-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Shame about their impending eliminations..."
I would kill for them to stay in the contest.

I think they should have to go up for a vote. It would be so outstanding for them to be snubbed by the entire viewing public. By this elimination, they will claim an unfair rap, and that they would have (one or the other) won the whole thing if only they could have competed.

I bet, though, that they wouldn't have a whole lot of defense if the voters basically ignored them. That would have been poetic.

02-17-06, 06:48 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Shame about their impending eliminations..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-06 AT 06:50 AM (EST)

While your post is true, I would have voted them out I can't help but LOL *snark, *snark when they stood side by side and gave that little perfection speech 'Our conduct has been exemplary' and 'we are faultless' when by that time most of the viewing audience was aware of their little faultess, exemplary act of ID theft, fraud and other felonious accounts they are accused of doing.

Too funny that some people think they are above the common laws that bind us all. Edited to add this part - I realize at this point they are only accused of the felonies listed by AI and will be judged in a court of their peers.

Ok boys here is my last words to you. Buh-bye, hope the judge is good to you and lets you share a cell.

Phxazgirl30 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-19-06, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Phxazgirl30 Click to send private message to Phxazgirl30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Shame about their impending eliminations..."
These guys are a disgrace to American Idol!! They think they run the show and everything that goes on there!
I knew before the new American Idol even started that they had been in trouble with the law for stealing the man's identity and going off to jail since I get People and Us Weekly every week. I was wondering every week when exactly it was going to happen because I kept seeing them on the show, then finally they were gone!!
It really pi**ed me off when he threw a fit saying that he was resigning from American Idol because he was so hurt. What the hell made him think his brother got voted off to begin with?!!? As I told my mother, I don't think EITHER of them deserved another chance on there! They both have bad attitudes and think they run it all. I would NOT have let them come back, I mean, who's the say that if his brother didn't get voted off the next week that he wouldn't do the same thing?!!? They don't even sing that good!! Not to me anyway! The judges must have been in a pretty good mood in order to allow them back because I know there's a lot of people who wouldn't have. I'm just glad they're gone.
It just seems to me that there is so much more drama on American Idol this season, I know there has been drama before but this one just seems over the top. It seems like anyone and everyone is arguing about anything! I love the show and I will always watch it but some of these people need to grow up.
I'm just glad the twins are gone, I don't think they would have made it too much further anyway. That had their time in the spotlight. Now they can sing for their cell mates

What Doesn't Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

Phxazgirl30

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •