The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Paula makes me laugh!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

tioluis100 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-18-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tioluis100 Click to send private message to tioluis100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Paula makes me laugh!"
I'm sorry but whenever I hear her tell someone "your voice isn't as strong" "you may be one dementional" "you have a powerful voice but you need more work" etc... If Paula actually had the ability to sing maybe it wouldn't be an issue, BUT SHE CAN'T! She couldn't when she was making albums and she still can't! It's just hilarious hearing her give vocal advice when she never had the ability to sing herself! LMAO! Talk about calling the kettle black! I know it's her job blah, blah, blah but dang, her singing voice was horrible!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Paula makes me laugh! okaychatt 01-18-06 1
   RE: Paula makes me laugh! tioluis100 01-18-06 2
       RE: Paula makes me laugh! okaychatt 01-19-06 3
 RE: Paula makes me laugh! EnfanTerrible 01-28-06 4
 RE: Paula makes me laugh! tamarama 02-01-06 5
 RE: Paula makes me laugh! geekboy 02-02-06 6
   RE: Paula makes me laugh! tamarama 02-02-06 7
       RE: Paula makes me laugh! Jadens Mommy 02-12-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-18-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Paula makes me laugh!"
Hi tioluis.

I agree that Paula's voice isn't as good as some, but she sure made a lot of money from singing pop tunes.

I think part of her attraction back then was her personality. Now that I've seen her on AI, I realize she's a total dimbulb, but I enjoyed her videos and hits back in the 80's.

Memorable? Probably not. But at least she's been there, made lots of money, and with her AI contract, can retire in clover.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tioluis100 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-18-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tioluis100 Click to send private message to tioluis100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Paula makes me laugh!"
She made money yeah but not from her voice but rather for the package. A sexy woman who danced and sang to pop tunes. That doesn't make her a good singer, Britney Spears isn't a great singer either but she sold millions. Being able to be a sucessful artist doesn't always mean your a good singer, there are PLENTY of artist out now who can't sing but make money because they have the look and can perform well. Paula was one of them. Good performer horrible singer. IMO

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-19-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Paula makes me laugh!"
<That doesn't make her a good singer, Britney Spears isn't a great singer either but she sold millions. Being able to be a sucessful artist doesn't always mean your a good singer, there are PLENTY of artist out now who can't sing but make money because they have the look and can perform well. Paula was one of them. Good performer horrible singer. IMO

No argument.

I'd add Madonna to that list. She's one heck of a self promoter, and that has helped keep her at the top of the charts. She understands her public, and she delivers good entertainment. But as you pointed out, entertainment doesn't necessarily mean memorable, stop you in your tracks, talent.

I think there are a good number of moderately talented artists making lots of money, due to good marketing.

Of all the popular singers out there today, how many will be remembered with respect?

Which ones do you think have true talent?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-28-06, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Paula makes me laugh!"
Do you suppose Paula's jaw is wired shut? She never seems to open her teeth.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-01-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Paula makes me laugh!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-06 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

Agreed!! I have long wished for a judge with actual vocal talent and knowledge. (my personal choice would be Cyndi Lauper.)

Simon (apparently) knows the business end, Randy (apparently) knows the studio angle, and Paula...knows how to choreograph videos.

I was particularly annoyed with her last night when she was dismissive of "Red Necked Woman" because the melody is too simple.

Huh?

No, it's not Mozart, but it's certainly not any more simple than most pop songs -- and that woman was terrific!! A crappy singer could not have sung that 'simple' melody nearly as well as that woman. (Can't remember her name, but I really liked her.)

(edited because I'm having difficuly with English today.)

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Paula makes me laugh!"
Since when do you have to have a good voice to judge who does or does not have a good voice? Can you sing? I suspect not, but you are judging Paula's singing ability.

geekboy

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Paula makes me laugh!"
If it's possible, I simultaneously agree and disagree with you.

No, you don't have to be a good singer to be able to judge good singing (you don't have to be a brain surgeon to know if the operation was a success.)

However...I do believe you need to be a good singer to advise or teach people to sing. Would you take tennis or piano lessons from someone who can't play?

Poor singer though Paula is, I'd be happy to listen to intelligent critiques from her -- but she rarely says anything really useful.

And she should NEVER offer any advice stronger than "you have a nice voice, find a good teacher"...because she doesn't know anything about what it takes to produce good sound.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-12-06, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Paula makes me laugh!"
Paula seems to be cranky this season. She is usually too nice saying yes to people who were just alright singers. This time around, however, she's said quite a few no's to people who I thought were pretty good and yes to people who were not as good (ex-cowboy never been in public. He made it thru tho cuz of his cuteness and his story).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •