The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Vonzell 4/12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-13-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Vonzell 4/12"
am i the only one not all that impressed w/ Vonzell? Yeah, she can sing, but unlike others (Const, Bo, Nadia) i think she's doing more karaoke than being Vonzell interpreting songs.

I especially think that last night she was mimicing the original, and i thought she was straining herself a bit. I didn't think it was one of her better performances.

I'm not saying she hasn't improved, just that she hasn't improved to the level that i'm seeing around here in the forums.

geekboy

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Vonzell 4/12 tamarama 04-13-05 1
 RE: Vonzell 4/12 Ellehcar71 04-13-05 2
   RE: Vonzell 4/12 geekboy 04-13-05 3
   RE: Vonzell 4/12 tamarama 04-13-05 4
       RE: Vonzell 4/12 ginger 04-13-05 5
           RE: Vonzell 4/12 tamarama 04-13-05 6
           RE: Vonzell 4/12 Tahj 04-13-05 7
               RE: Vonzell 4/12 phantomphan 04-23-05 13
       RE: Vonzell 4/12 tarmaq 04-29-05 14
 RE: Vonzell 4/12 TeamJoisey 04-13-05 8
   RE: Vonzell 4/12 geekboy 04-13-05 9
 RE: Vonzell 4/12 BriarRosie 04-13-05 10
   RE: Vonzell 4/12 TARugh 04-16-05 11
       RE: Vonzell 4/12 BriarRosie 04-19-05 12
           RE: Vonzell 4/12 ginger 04-29-05 15
   RE: Vonzell 4/12 kahanasunset 05-12-05 24
 RE: Vonzell 4/12 charmed_1102 05-11-05 16
 RE: Vonzell 4/12 okaychatt 05-11-05 17
   RE: Vonzell 4/12 mtopaz 05-12-05 19
 RE: Vonzell 4/12 scottyg124 05-11-05 18
   RE: Vonzell 4/12 geekboy 05-12-05 20
       RE: Vonzell 4/12 FLORIDAGAL 05-12-05 21
       RE: Vonzell 4/12 sososad 05-12-05 22
           RE: Vonzell 4/12 scottyg124 05-12-05 23
           RE: Vonzell 4/12 Bebo 05-13-05 25
 RE: Vonzell 4/12 babym91 05-19-05 26
   RE: Vonzell 4/12 nailbone 05-19-05 27
 RE: Vonzell 4/12 coleslaw 05-22-05 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
Amen, Geekboy.

Vonzell, to me, is alot like Carrie...

Great voice, great vocal skill....and nothing else.

No personal style, no fire, no....*yaaawwwnnn* ooh! excuse me.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
But she's just so "cute!" Can you think of a cuter contestant ever?

Yeah, she was straining a bit, I don't believe it was an octave higher, just harder for her to reach than it was for Denise, so it sounded like it must be higher.

But, gosh, isn't she cute as a button?

04-13-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
Yeah, she's cute, but not as cute as my precious Nadia!!!

mmm

geekboy

04-13-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
>>I don't believe it was an octave higher<<

Just further proof that Paula has NO CLUE how to read music.

Proof that Paula doesn't even know what an OCTAVE is!!!

Just like a few weeks ago when she said something about "you even hit that high Eb that Barbra doesn't even do!" (about "People")

Wha?

OK, I don't have perfect pitch, so I have know idea what notes Vonzell was singing...but I would bet my life that Paula doesn't either!! At the time I thought maybe the judges have the music in front of them, so she could see that it was an Eb, but now after the octave comment, she clearly couldn't have read the music if it was there.

Besides, whatever the note was, it wasn't that high, and I'm quite certain that Ms. Streisand could hit it quite easily.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
The note wasn't that high; Paula was.

Vonzell is adequate.

04-13-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
Ohhhh!!!

Gotcha. Sorry, my bad.

(tee hee)

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-13-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
The note wasn't that high; Paula was.

*snort*

Exactly. I've never been that impressed with Vonzell. Always sounds screetchy.

Moves courtesy of Syren

phantomphan 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-23-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phantomphan Click to send private message to phantomphan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-05 AT 11:31 PM (EST)

>Exactly. I've never been that
>impressed with Vonzell. Always
>sounds screetchy.

I agree. IMO, her voice doesn't stand out.

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
<OK, I don't have perfect pitch, so I have know idea what notes Vonzell was singing...but I would bet my life that Paula doesn't either!! At the time I thought maybe the judges have the music in front of them, so she could see that it was an Eb, but now after the octave comment, she clearly couldn't have read the music if it was there.

Besides, whatever the note was, it wasn't that high, and I'm quite certain that Ms. Streisand could hit it quite easily. >

Actually - it WAS an Eb. I went and checked it on my piano after I heard Paula's remark. I was a bit surprise she was right on; figured maybe she checked it out ahead of time when she was figuring out what to say. (Don't the judges see these people in rehearsals as well?)

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-13-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

Vonzell continues to improve.
Nadia does not.
Bo does not.

Vonzell is much like Kimberly Locke, who got better and better each week, and surprised folks when she was there for the final three.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

04-13-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
Vonzell _does_ improve, i never said she didn't. The main problem i have with Vonzell is - as Randy would say - she "doesn't make the song her own". Kimberly Locke did. Bo does. Nadia does.

geekboy

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-13-05, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
I thought Vonzell performed the best of the three females.

But if you compare Vonzell to Carrie, I thought Carrie was
singing exactly like Pat Benatar more than Vonzell was singing
like Deniece Williams.

And Vonzell seems to gain a personality, where Carrie does not.

It's a pity, because I like the three women remaining a helluva lot more than Scott and Anthony combined.

TARugh 159 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-05, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TARugh Click to send private message to TARugh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
<<It's a pity, because I like the three women remaining a helluva lot more than Scott and Anthony combined. >>

So, what you're saying is that the three women were better than 9 men?

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-19-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
Are you saying that Scott counts as 8 1/2 men?

Anthony seems to be an MIT - Man In Training.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
Does that make Anthony the remaining 1.5?

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-12-05, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

I thought Vonzell performed the best of the three females.
But if you compare Vonzell to Carrie, I thought Carrie was
singing exactly like Pat Benatar more than Vonzell was singing
like Deniece Williams... and Vonzell seems to gain a personality, where Carrie does not.

OMG Rosie, nobody sings like my Pat Benatar, but I agree the style is reminiscent.... and agreed with everything else you said.

charmed_1102 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail charmed_1102 Click to send private message to charmed_1102 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"

First of all I am a big Carrie fan...

I do agree with you, I was never impressed with Vonzell just like you said she sounds like she is straining herself...

As far as for last night's performance when she started crying...As for my opinion that is just to get more votes in...

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-11-05, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
I missed all the performances last night, but it seems to me that Vonzell has been improving over the course of the competition, as has Anthony.

Those kinds of contestants are fun for me to watch. Carrie started huge, but has stayed the same while the others passed her by.

I'm not particularly attached to any of them this year, but if I had to choose one, it would be Bo. He's been consistent, and he has a terrific rapport with the audience. He has the most entertainment value and IT factor of all the contestants.

(Bo simply must take a lesson from Joyce (TAR) and brave the scissors at a salon, though.)

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-12-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
Bo simply must take a lesson from Joyce (TAR) and brave the scissors at a salon, though.)

When they showed his audition video, I thought his hair looked much better then. Less split ends, less stringy looking. Maybe is the water in Hollywood or something, but I agree - that long hair needs trimming and cleaning up. Lanky = good as in "tall and lanky"; lanky = bad when in reference to hair.

Sig pic by JSlice

scottyg124 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-05, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scottyg124 Click to send private message to scottyg124 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
I actually think vonzell is probably the best entertainer of them all, she sings and is very charasmatic....she's the only one left I want to see win, carrie is too country, bo is to rock and anthony....lets just leave it at that

05-12-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
I do have this fear that V may be the underdog that could take it all, depending on how the final shows go.

I'm personally rooting for Bo for a couple reasons.

1 - I just like the guy, like his performing, like his style, etc
2 - I think it would do the "AI Machine" a lot more good to get someone fresh like Bo, as opposed to another Beyonce/R&B wannabe like Vonzell. I'm not bashing her skills, which she obviously has.

Carrie, V and Bo all will get deals - no question - but after the dismal sales of Ruben and Fantasia, they do desparately need another Kelly, or dare I say someone who could outsell Kelly, and all these factors point to Bo.

geekboy

FLORIDAGAL 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-12-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FLORIDAGAL Click to send private message to FLORIDAGAL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
I am rooting for Vonzell. I for one actually think she is a great singer.

sososad 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sososad Click to send private message to sososad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
The thing is, geekboy, that this is a society dominated by a particular group of people (wont say who) that prefer a certain type of entertainer, based on the style of music and yes by the way they look. Fantasia and Reuben were deserved winners, and Vonzell would be, also. What you mean is, America needs another white girl, talented or not, to win so that the 70% of the US population can buy her albums.

scottyg124 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-05, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scottyg124 Click to send private message to scottyg124 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
I think what he ment was that we need someone with the personality, talent and appeal that kelly clarkson has....which vonzell has and why I hope she wins! She will most likely have the highest album sales because of her style compared to carrie (country) and bo (rock, I like the whole 3, but vonzell tops them imo.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
Oh, I'd love to see your statistics saying that 70% of the American population would only buy CDs from white artists.

Those kind of sweeping generalizations are walking a slippery slope on these forums. First of all, since there is NO WAY you can back up such baseless claims and second of all, since those old, tired discussions have been played out over and over here. And if our demographics and prior postings are any indication, it's completely false.

And as a moderator, I strongly advise you to be careful of accusing other posters of having biases when you have no evidence whatsoever of backing it up. That poster did not say one word to deserve that implication you made. We're quite serious about how posters treat each other on this forum, so don't make baseless accusations on their motivations.

babym91 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail babym91 Click to send private message to babym91 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
yea u r the only one. she has the best voice. she shouldnt have went home

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
Nah, he's not the only one. Lots of Baby V fans around here. I'm HUGE Bo fan, but I wouldn't have been totally disappointed to see V win, or Carrie either for that matter.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

coleslaw 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-05, 04:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coleslaw Click to send private message to coleslaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Vonzell 4/12"
no you definetely are not the only one that isn't that impressed with Vonzell. she has a really great range, but she's too whiny. i think she's really immature and that effects her singing, and it makes her tone whiny. she deserved to be where she was, but she's nothing compared to bo and carrie.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •