The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Oh The Make Overs.................."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-26-06, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Oh The Make Overs.................."
I always seem to like them better before. At least most of them.

I really feel for the girls when they have to do dramatic hair changes.....even though they know they signed up for that possibility......

And they really sensationalize it for TV like cutting off a few feet of hair in front of all the others........What does Tyra care?? IT's not hers and she can flip wigs whenever she wants!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Oh The Make Overs................. ginger 09-26-06 1
   RE: Oh The Make Overs................. Sagebrush Dan 09-26-06 2
       RE: Oh The Make Overs................. ginger 09-27-06 6
   RE: Oh The Make Overs................. eire_heart74 09-27-06 7
 RE: Oh The Make Overs................. Das Mole 09-26-06 3
   RE: Oh The Make Overs................. deweydrop 09-27-06 4
       RE: Oh The Make Overs................. tamarama 09-27-06 8
 RE: Oh The Make Overs................. Magnolia_Rocker 09-27-06 5
 RE: Oh The Make Overs................. arkiegrl 09-27-06 9
   RE: Oh The Make Overs................. nazpink 09-28-06 10
       RE: Oh The Make Overs................. deweydrop 09-28-06 12
           RE: Oh The Make Overs................. LisaPles 09-29-06 16
   RE: Oh The Make Overs................. Boettcha3 09-29-06 18
 RE: Oh The Make Overs................. Savahnna 09-28-06 11
 RE: Oh The Make Overs................. Magnolia_Rocker 09-28-06 13
   RE: Oh The Make Overs................. ginger 09-28-06 14
       RE: Oh The Make Overs................. tamarama 09-28-06 15
 RE: Oh The Make Overs................. pinksparkleguitar 09-29-06 17
   RE: Oh The Make Overs................. Boettcha3 12-12-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
I think it's funny. It's one of my favorite parts of the show.
I guess a willingness to change one's hair does signify a willingness to adapt and be flexible.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
Either that or you're just weird.

Spawned by Tribe.

If we bring a little joy into your humdrum lives, it makes us feel as though our hard work ain't been in vain fer nuttin'.
-Lena Lamont, Singin' in the Rain

09-27-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
But you knew that already.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-27-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
>I think it's funny. It's
>one of my favorite parts
>of the show.
>I guess a willingness to change
>one's hair does signify a
>willingness to adapt and be
>flexible.

Oh yes I can't wait to see what they come up with. Cause i do think some of them are amazing what they do to them. Like send them my way, I could use the makeover too! But sometimes they miss. Like Miss Beauty Queen like another poster said. It may of been her asking the hair stylist though to stop cutting. (which if they did do it they it was suppose to it might of been ok. Instead it looked like a bad soccer middle age mom)

It always makes me laugh when they don't realize however that the attitude about it will get them no where. They are clothes hangers with heads. Don't they get that the clients dictate how they are going to look?!?!? I mean I am sure once they get to a Cindy Crawford/Tyra level yeah they can say don't cut my hair but seeing as I have yet to see a winner get there yet. They better just smile and bear it.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-26-06, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
I love the makeovers, I think they always look better afterward (well...except maybe not Furonda with those weird extensions that looked like crap).

Das Mole - PQM Host

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-27-06, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
>I love the makeovers, I think
>they always look better afterward
>(well...except maybe not Furonda with
>those weird extensions that looked
>like crap).

Miss Beauty Queen who had her hair bleached and cut short like Mia Farrow? And then Tyra said it wasn't short enough and to go shorter...Beauty Queen refused and left the show.

Yeah - her makeover was HORRIBLE...I thought she looked like crap as a blonde and the short hair did NOTHING for her. I did feel bad for her at first...but she really was a prettier girl with longer hair. (and, to be frank, she was ONLY a "pretty" girl...not a 'model pretty' girl.)

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-27-06, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
oooh -- disagree.

I thought the Beauty Queen's makeover was MUCH better than how she came in.

She arrived as just another pretty girl with long brown hair. After the cut, you could see how strong her face was.

I LOVE the makeover episode AND the makeovers themselves.

It tells us alot about these girls. It's often our first sign of attitude problems to come (Keenyah).

And please -- these girls are expected to wear whatever hair & makeup their client wants them too. You'd better smile while they cut it off & stitch it back on or get a different career.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-27-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
The make over show is usually one of my favorites of the season. Tyra & Company usually hit it spot on with the girls and what looks good on them. Plus! There's always that girl(s) that has a fit about her new look. Goody!

A Tribe Original!

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-06, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
I'm disappointed with what they did with the twins. I expected their makeovers to be much more different from each other.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-06, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
I too love the makeover episode although this year I was slightly disappointed. I thought that the makeovers were quite underwhelming and that more drastic changes could have been made. I too would have liked to see the twins get different style cuts. Eugena getting longer hair didn't improve her look, in my opinion. Monique could have had a bit more change.

I was also rolling my eyes the entire time at the girls who whinned and boo hooed the entire time. I thought it was ridiculous of Jadea or whatever her name is to go on and on about how they could shave her head for all she cared and then did her childish fake cry when they were cutting her hair. I don't understand why Melrose cried about getting her hair dyed blonde and Monique cried just because she wasn't getting attention. If I was Jay I would have been just as irritated with the attitude some of these girls displayed. I was also disappointed that none of this seemed to come up at panel when it usually does. I am also disappointed that Megg was made to look like one of those girls in hair commercials with out of control hair.

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-28-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
Megg's new "hair" is atrocious! Worst. Extensions. Ever.

No stand out "wow's" for me...although I think AJ looked AWESOME with her Linda Evangelista "smoothed down" hair. I think she looks great both with the "smoothed down" and "spiked" hair...which is a good sign. However I don't like how she whined about going lighter.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-29-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
>Megg's new "hair" is atrocious! Worst.
>Extensions. Ever.

I totally agree. They took an unattractive girl and made her look worse. I do not understand how she is there. I think she is homely!

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-29-06, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
I totally agree! I thought for sure that they would cut one's hair off or make them blonde or something, they still look so much alike. Disappointed.

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-28-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
lol. I guess I'm comfortable being in the minority. I thought the make overs were actually great this year. I loved the twins makeovers. Both.

I thought Jadwhatever......could have looked better with fuller a little longer adn darker hair.....but all in all I thought they were pretty good.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-28-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
Good grief! There was so much whining going on last night that I expected a plate of cheese to come out any moment.

Overall I think the make overs were an improvement when comparing the before and after shots. I agree with the poster that said they wished the twins would have gotten more dramatically different looks. Now all we'll have is light red twin vs dark red twin. Joy. I think the one I disliked the most was Brookes. I think she looked better blonde than brunette. I also think they could have raised Anchal's hairline a tad more. Having Tyra forehead myself I can't imagine having a ity bity one like she did originally. Higher I believe would bring out her eyes even more.

Loved, loved, loved the extreme hair concept. Very cool!

A Tribe Original!

I would just like to add that I hope someone jacks Monique across the room.soon. What a biatch!

09-28-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
I would be very happy to have Tyra's team make me over. They could cut or extent or whatever. I think every single one of those girls looked better afterward. I actually liked what they did with the twins because I think the curly v. straight worked with their personalities. And because now I can tell them apart.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-28-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
AMEN Ginger!

'Specially if it meant having someone like Frederic Fekkai do my hair!! Holy Crap!

He's a huge-name, superstar, $300+ per haircut dude.

Bring it on! I wouldn't care what he did.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-06, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
I lov ethe makeover show, because that helps the girls stand out from each other. I think perhaps that Jaida didn't like her cut because Tyra described her as 'handsome' and 'manly' I'd be a little upset about that too, that Tyra wants to highlight my manlyness, even if I understood what she really was saying.

It never fails though, they change at least one or two brunettes into blondes that I hate. This year it was Melrose. Her blonde hair was really brassy and yellow, which I though was a sign of a bad lightening job.

I liked when Jay told them all they were being divas.

Sig by Cyg!

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-06, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Oh The Make Overs.................."
did anyone think that eugena looked better BEFORE the makeovers? i thought the long hair was good and all cuz she's pretty, but i thought she looked more mature adn more like a model before they gave her extensions

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •