The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nnenna a baby doll??? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-21-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nnenna a baby doll??? "
What were those guys thinking? Nnenna is a beautiful woman, but she is kind of androgynous and absolutely nothing like a baby doll. She looked ridiculous! Like a drag queen playing “What Ever Happened to Baby Jane.” I think they did her an injustice in this one. She would have been better as the marionette or mannequin. I know that the models have to be able to embody anything, but if she were a real model, she would never be chosen for a job requiring her to be cutesy baby dollish; it’s not her.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? Snidget 04-21-06 1
   RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? marlaine_vaughn 04-21-06 2
 RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? marlaine_vaughn 04-21-06 3
   RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? Nikro 04-21-06 4
   WARNING - marlaine_vaughn Bebo 04-21-06 6
 RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? ANTMGirl4Life 04-21-06 5
   RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? ginger 04-21-06 7
       RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? LisaPles 04-21-06 8
       RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? Nikro 04-22-06 9
       RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? CouchTater 04-22-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? "
That is one of the differences between "in real life" and "reality show competition" IMO.

Yep, if it were a real shoot she might not have been selected for that role. However, in a competition part of how it works in almost every show is ask people to do something that they might not be good at. See how they handle it. Do they do a decent job anyway, or do they do poorly. How do they react to the situation. Do they take it like a trooper, take responsibility for how they did, or come up with a lame excuse as to why they couldn't do it.

Maybe that shouldn't be a part of these reality shows, but many reality shows are more game show than reality. It is a game and a competition, not a documentary of people doing it the way real people in the world do these things. Part of being in the game for me is the contestants will have to deal with things that aren't their strong suit. They have to do their best with whatever gets thrown at them. Everyone gets a shoot on that show that messes with their strong suit. Giving Brooke the Glamour Doll to see if she could do the confidence that requires is the same as seeing if Nnenna could do the innocence of a baby doll.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

marlaine_vaughn 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail marlaine_vaughn Click to send private message to marlaine_vaughn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? "
>That is one of the differences
>between "in real life" and
>"reality show competition" IMO.
>
>Yep, if it were a real
>shoot she might not have
>been selected for that role.
> However, in a competition
>part of how it works
>in almost every show is
>ask people to do something
>that they might not be
>good at. See how
>they handle it. Do
>they do a decent job
>anyway, or do they do
>poorly. How do they
>react to the situation.
>Do they take it like
>a trooper, take responsibility for
>how they did, or come
>up with a lame excuse
>as to why they couldn't
>do it.
>
>Maybe that shouldn't be a part
>of these reality shows, but
>many reality shows are more
>game show than reality.
>It is a game and
>a competition, not a documentary
>of people doing it the
>way real people in the
>world do these things.
>Part of being in the
>game for me is the
>contestants will have to deal
>with things that aren't their
>strong suit. They have
>to do their best with
>whatever gets thrown at them.
> Everyone gets a shoot
>on that show that messes
>with their strong suit.
>Giving Brooke the Glamour Doll
>to see if she could
>do the confidence that requires
>is the same as seeing
>if Nnenna could do the
>innocence of a baby doll.
>
>
>
>Imaginary friends by Bob!
>

marlaine_vaughn 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-06, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail marlaine_vaughn Click to send private message to marlaine_vaughn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? "
I think you the one trippen because nenna aint no were near a beautiful women

Nikro 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-21-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nikro Click to send private message to Nikro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? "
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-06 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

If Nnenna isn't beautiful, then you are an English scholar, marliane.

She is georgous!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "WARNING - marlaine_vaughn"
Please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page. Bashing and criticizing other posters is not permitted here.

ANTMGirl4Life 57 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ANTMGirl4Life Click to send private message to ANTMGirl4Life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? "
She looked ridiculous!
>Like a drag queen playing
>“What Ever Happened to Baby
>Jane.”

That is hilarious. You got me screaming over here! I agree, she looked a mess.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? "
The photo underscored what may be a lack of range with Nenna. If she can only do "no makeup natural" shoots, she is limited. Also, I'm sure they are anxious not have this season be an out and out Nenna cakewalk, so perhaps deliberately threw that challenge out there. Sort of like the "7 Deadly Sins" type challenge.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-21-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? "
I do think Nenna is attractive, but not a cute baby doll!
When they said they would have Nenna dress as a doll, I thought for some reason it was because she is bald. When I saw her with the wig it was all wrong!
Everybody has their bad days, I guess!

Nikro 58 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nikro Click to send private message to Nikro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? "
>The photo underscored what may be
>a lack of range with
>Nenna. If she can
>only do "no makeup natural"
>shoots, she is limited.

>
>
>
>

Valid point.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-22-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Nnenna a baby doll??? "
>The photo underscored what may be
>a lack of range with
>Nenna. If she can
>only do "no makeup natural"
>shoots, she is limited.
>Also, I'm sure they are
>anxious not have this season
>be an out and out
>Nenna cakewalk, so perhaps deliberately
>threw that challenge out there.
> Sort of like the
>"7 Deadly Sins" type challenge.

I have to agree with you on this. Nnenna doesn't have the range to portray certain types and this might be the reason that she might not win. I don't know if she could have pulled it off if she tried, because I don't think she really tried. But in this case she looked shockingly bad. Her bone structure just didn't fit. I really like Nnenna and find that when she is on the screen I'm drawn to look at her, but she is rather limited and maybe not top model material. Still, I would like her to win!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •