The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tyra Unethical?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

gerggco 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gerggco Click to send private message to gerggco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tyra Unethical?"
I'm really concerned that Joanie wasn't fully advised when she got her teeth fixed. Her teeth were not straight - a problem usually fixed by braces, which leave her perfectly good teeth intact.

But since Tyra wanted the quick fix-it for the show, the dentist PULLED OUT and FILED DOWN Joanie's perfectly good teeth in order to put on veneer to make it look like her teeth are okay. Now Joanie has to live out the rest of her existence without all her teeth and fake veneers. What's she going to do if they need to be fixed, if she doesn't end up doing well financially?

What the heck?!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tyra Unethical? ANTMGirl4Life 04-20-06 1
 RE: Tyra Unethical? shaaker 04-20-06 2
   RE: Tyra Unethical? gerggco 04-21-06 5
       RE: Tyra Unethical? marlaine_vaughn 04-22-06 8
 RE: Tyra Unethical? Das Mole 04-20-06 3
   RE: Tyra Unethical? LisaPles 04-21-06 4
   RE: Tyra Unethical? gerggco 04-21-06 6
       RE: Tyra Unethical? ILOVEMERCEDES 04-21-06 7
       RE: Tyra Unethical? marlaine_vaughn 04-22-06 9
       RE: Tyra Unethical? pinksparkleguitar 04-23-06 11
 RE: Tyra Unethical? nique1281 04-23-06 10
   RE: Tyra Unethical? Twinkles 04-24-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ANTMGirl4Life 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-20-06, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ANTMGirl4Life Click to send private message to ANTMGirl4Life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
Her teeth were jacked! Those canine teeth were on top of each other and had to be pulled. Let's face it, she can't be a Top Model with braces.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

shaaker 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shaaker Click to send private message to shaaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
She wasn't being unethical. Veneers are a definate option when braces have not been used in childhood. In fact, they are the reason I had a set of 4 veneers done to correct a very bad overbite. My family could only afford braces for one kid and so they did it for the one that needed it the most. My sister had a problem that was so severe she would not have been able to chew sphagetti at 16. Mine was more a case of an upperjaw that was quite overcrowded so other than removing wisdom teeth almost before they came out nothing was done. I decided as a young adult to get the veneers done. They lasted for approximately 10 years and then had to be replaced. Unless technology has changed and who knows I'm coming up on the 10 year cycle pretty soon. I've had no trouble whatsoever with them and no regrets. In fact the veneers boosted my self-esteem markedly. The only complaint....... lipstick and coffee STICKS

04-21-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gerggco Click to send private message to gerggco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
Ah... I didn't realize that braces were not a viable alternative. Is it because adult teeth are too set? That it would be too painful to realign them. I guess I missed the exact description of Joanie's teeth condition - I thought it was just not straight. Someone said her teeth were right on top of each other. I just hope she was advised ... but she was really happy about it so for that i'm glad

I still find that I dislike Tyra more and more with each season and each show.

marlaine_vaughn 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-22-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail marlaine_vaughn Click to send private message to marlaine_vaughn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
THATS NOT TRUE ABOUT THE ADULTS TEETH BEING TOO SET TO GET BRACES BECAUSE MY MOM JUST TOOK HER BRACES OFF LAST YEAR AND SHE TOLERATED PROBABLLY LESS PAIN THAN I DID AND WHILE IM WRITING THIS I REALISE YOU ARE ONE OF THE PEOPLE ASSUMD MY POSTING WAS RACIST SO LIKE I TOLD EVERYONE ELSE.

to everyone who thought i was being racist they need to chill out because little do you all know i am black myself so how am i disciminating against my own race yall are the ones being racist because you assumed that i was some white girl who didnt like black models.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-20-06, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
I don't find there to be anything "unethical" about it at all. Had she gotten braces, they would've needed to stay on for years before anything happened. Joanie also had a "snaggletooth" that was literally on top of another tooth of hers, which I don't think is fixable by braces.

Veneers were the way to go.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-21-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
gerggco, I think I understand your concern. Getting the veneers is a serious procedure and Joanie should have given it very careful consideration before agreeing to have it done. Everything seemed rushed due to the production of the show and I was also thinking that I hoped she thought it over well. I also thought it was really drastic, especially watching the procedure (ouch!).
I agree with the others who say that braces probably would not have corrected the tooth that was sitting above the rest.
Maybe Joanie had looked into having it done previously, but even if she did the cost was obviously prohibitive.
I think her teeth looked good and I was glad that in the end she seemed happy with them.

04-21-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
Aren't there those braces that are invisible? Behind the teeth instead of in front?

I'm willing to be enlightend about dentistry - it's just my initial impression about Joanie having to get her teeth filed down was one of horror.

ILOVEMERCEDES 21 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ILOVEMERCEDES Click to send private message to ILOVEMERCEDES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
I too was questioning what would happen after the show if Joanie doesn't win...who will pay for the up keep? what if she had gotten booted before the real ones were put in? WOAH!!!

"silence is golden"

marlaine_vaughn 17 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail marlaine_vaughn Click to send private message to marlaine_vaughn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
THEY ARE NOT INVISIBLE BEHIND THE TEETH BUT THEY ARE A MOLDING THAT GOES OVER TOP OF YOUR TEETH BUT THEY ARE CLEAR SO YOU CANT SEE THEM THEY ARE CALLED THE INVISI-LINE

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-23-06, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
Tom Cruise had them (invisiline braces)and he seems to still be around, it didn'tkill his career. Now the scientology stuff might have made him creepy . . .

nique1281 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-23-06, 04:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nique1281 Click to send private message to nique1281 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-06 AT 05:17 AM (EST)

They did mess her teeth up. I think they took full advantage of how desperate she was to get her tooth fixed. Major dental work like that takes time to think about all of the risks, the pain and the future.
I applaud Danielle for saying no to them closing up the gap, but at the end when Tyra handed her the picture it looks like she convinced her to do it. She could get a fake piece to put there instead of surgery. My grandmother has one and you could not tell the difference.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-24-06, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Tyra Unethical?"
I was worried about Joni feeling pressured to get her teeth fixed instantly. I wouldn't want my teeth filed away but the veneers are a quick, relatively long-lasting fix! And if she wants to model (whether she wins this competition or not) this was a great thing for them to do for her. It's over in a couple of days. Invisalign would still take time.

(I had braces from 16-18 when it seemed every other kid was already done. The orthodontist thought my teeth were so jacked up it would be impossible to straighten them in less than 4 years but they started moving easier than he hoped.)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •