The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"To discuss: Is Jade racist?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

LillianG 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-02-06, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LillianG Click to send private message to LillianG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"To discuss: Is Jade racist?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-06 AT 10:23 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-02-06 AT 10:16 PM (EST)

Gina did an interview with Friends of Reality TV, another fan website. Here is the link to the entire interview:

http://www.friendsofrealitytv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53295
(It looks like Reality TV World doesn't let us refer to relevant items on competing sites. When I try to post the link, it turns to hashes. So this is what you want to look for: Friends Of Reality TV, no spaces between each word).

I'm pasting in the part of the interview that makes me wonder if Jade is racist, that she has a problem with asians. I'm wondering what you (all) think of this.

Let’s talk about Jade for a moment. Where did all the animosity start?
They didn’t really show this. The first thing was before the press junket. Someone asked her if she was Asian, or had some Asian in her, and it was just her and me alone in the room. Her answer was, “HELL no.” I thought that was kind of rude, but I didn’t say anything at that point because I didn’t’ want her to jump down my throat about it.

I never had the opportunity to just be with her alone again to talk aobut it. But later we were at the table eating and all the girls were there, and I thought that it really bothered me what she had said about me, so I decided I was just going to approach her about it, you know, just pull her to the side and talk to her about it. When I did that, everyone else was saying, “Oooh, what’s going to happen?” And Jade said that if I wanted to talk about something everyone should know.

I told her that wasn’t true, not everyone should know about what happened. She said I should just bring it up to the table since I already pointed her out. I said I didn’t point her out, but she said, “Just do it.” But before I could say anything, she said, “I know what this is about.” She didn’t even let me explain, and it just went from there. All the other girls chimed in and I guess all the negativity started from there.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist? prosecutor 04-03-06 1
   RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist? Sunder 04-04-06 2
       RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist? ginger 04-04-06 3
           RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist? prosecutor 04-04-06 4
               RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist? Sunder 04-04-06 5
                   RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist? dancemodel 04-13-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-03-06, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist?"
Nah, I don't think she believes she is, she is just being normal for Jade. She is immature for a 26 year old IMO. If she
is perceived as racist I believe she would be shocked since she
is herself bi-racial.Total flake? yes Immature? yes and i believe her immaturity makes her just as vulnerable as Gina that's why she was practically in tears when she got short hair
not long blonde hair. She was probably teased herself by her African American relatives because those eyes of hers, small slanted Asian looking plus she probably thought she was all that growing up. Look at what she said at the interview when she wasn't even picked yet. She said how she turns head in NY because she's so fine etc. sooo Jade why weren't you discovered in NY before?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sunder 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-04-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunder Click to send private message to Sunder Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

>If she
>is perceived as racist I believe
>she would be shocked since
>she
>is herself bi-racial.

(BTW - I'm not picking on you, just wanting to address this one sentance, regardless of who says it.)

I never realized that being bi-racial makes you immune to being a racist. Of course, I'm pretty ignorant on these rules as was pointed out by one of my (black) friends. He explained to me that while a white person saying anything negative to a black person is racist, but a black person saying things bad to a white person is ok, because of .

So now I know - blacks and bi-racial people can't really be racists.

Other than that though, I pretty much agree with you. I don't think she's a racist - just an immature, insecure scared kid.

She also happens to be one of my favorites to watch - I loved that cockroach kiss.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist?"
She's what...28? I don't see her as a "scared kid." However, I also get a kick out of her.

And ANYONE can be racist; bigotry is, sadly, an equal-opportunity failing. However, I don't think Jade's big problem stems from racism. I think she has imbibed too many sour grapes from ten years of NOT making it as a model.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-04-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist?"
O of course a person can be bi racial and racist
especially if rejected by one race over the other.
However I just meant in Jades' case,she did not
strike me as that was her problem, it may have
been misunderstood on the board.Anyhoo she is
way funny.

Sunder 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-04-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunder Click to send private message to Sunder Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist?"
No, I do totally agree with you (the last 2 posters). I don't think I necessarily misunderstood what was said, as I don't believe your intention was to imply that she can't be racist due to being bi-racial. It's just that those words hit a nerve with me since me and a former roomate had an argument over something similar, and I don't want that idea to perpetuate as an accepted norm. (He's the one that argued that it's impossible for Black people to be racist against whites, etc. No need to go any further with that).

Like everyone who posted, I don't really think Jade is a racist. I would think that she's a little more strong willed and forcefully proud of her race(s), but nothing more than that. (I do believe there is a double standard in North America where a white person would be more opt to be labeled a racist if they were just as proud of who they are, but that's another topic).

I'll be the first to admit that I love the Asian culture and am facinated with many aspects of it. I'll also be the first to admit that Gina annoyed the heck out of me, and I thought she should have been booted in the first round. So I can definitely see how anyone living with Gina, would be extremely annoyed with her - and it has nothing to do with race, or sexual orientation or the type of clothes she wears. Gina was annoying, and I only had to see her once a week on tv.

On the flip side, what Janice (is that her name? The old "fake" "1st supermodel" broad) did to Gina was not only mean but unnecessary. She's obviously struggling to ignite any kind of spark she can to keep people interested in her. At least Jade is a more "respectable" villian.

dancemodel 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-13-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dancemodel Click to send private message to dancemodel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: To discuss: Is Jade racist?"
in case any of you have noticed, jade is black and white, not asian. so it is possible for her to be racist against asian people.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •