The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdard"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-14-09, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdard"
IMHO, I think Teyona's future comapred to Allison's will go the way of Rueben Studdard and Clay Aiken of American Idol. Clay despite coming in second on AI has had more of a career outside of AI than Rueben.

I think the same thing about Teyona, in the months to come the only thing to come of Teyona's modeling career will be the prizes she gets as the winner of ANTM. On the other hand, Allison will be booking magazine cover on top of magazine cover and possibly be the spokesmodel for a clothing line or some new perfume.

So I say okay Teyona you won this competition but Allison's career will outshine yours, just like Clay Aiken's does to to Rueben Studdard.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdar... jbug 05-14-09 1
 RE: Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdar... trigirl 05-14-09 2
 RE: Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdar... toddE 05-14-09 3
   RE: Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdar... ginger 05-15-09 4
 RE: Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdar... dajaki 05-16-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-09, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdard"
I so agree.
And? I was waiting for someone to tell Allison how good she looked with her hair pulled back away from her face! Somehow it changed her whole look. I was amazed that I could see her whole face and not just her eyes. For some reason, with her hair down around her face, her eyes dominate.

I was really surprised that Allison made the progress she did. She really 'grew up.'

Back before the season started, someone commented that they thought Tara was looking for an African-American model this year - there were quite a few in the first large group.
So I was not surprised when Teyona won. Even tho Allison out-modeled her in every way in the finale.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-14-09, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdard"
Allison sure was getting winner's edit in the finale. Although I suspected Teyona was the winner all season, I started to doubt it with all the "Allison has grown so much...stuff". I think that the final three will all be successful. Aminat will have a very strong runway career.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-14-09, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdard"
I have no real beef with Teyona, but she isn't one of the better winners. Allison did much, much better than probably anyone expected on the runway.

I suspect Tyra figured Allison would do poorly on the catwalk, making her predetermined choice of Teyona very palatable. When Allison did so well, they had no choice but to recognize her progress. FWIW.

I agree that Allison will do well, anyway.

I wonder why they ignore some of the other models who've done well. Yoanna has hosted two series and still models abroadm, but never gets a "Top Models In Action" piece.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdard"
Allison and Fo have both signed with the same modeling agency that handles Tyson (and, oddly, Paris Hilton).

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-16-09, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Teyona is ANTM's Rueben Studdard"
I only watched the latter half of the season. From the ANTM website, I think the first 3 shoots (all group) were dreadful for everybody. IMO, they were the poorest conceived photos ever. I also wasn't a fan of the final runway show (though the setting was stunning). That greased bikini orgy thing was stupid. It looked like the souls of the damned trying to escape the inferno.

As for the finale, I thought that Teyona was getting the winner's edit (and for the last several eps, actually). My issue w/ her was that in all her shots, she looked like herself. I don't think she ever transformed. She was just a pretty girl (not beautiful) with a fair pose.

Allison, on the other hand, was amazing in print. Her big eyes, perfect face and pouty lips are fab. I liked all of her photos even if the judges didn't. I think she'll have a great print career even if she's too short for runway (and I don't buy the Kate Moss argument every time a shorter girl walks - there's only one Kate Moss). Allison, however, needs to have more presence in person. She looked like a frightened cocker spaniel in front of the judges. If she pulled her hair back, kept her mouth closed (as opposed to her mouth-breather gape) and gave a bit of confident attitude, I would buy her more as a runway model.

Aminat was a far better walker than either Teyona or Allison, and she should have been in the F2. She was also the most beautiful of the F3. I didn't think her photos were any worse than Teyona's and I also don't think that Aminat looks like Danielle at all (but she did kind of sound like her). In high fashion, Aminat will have a better career than Teyona.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •