The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who will win?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

Carezy 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-18-08, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Carezy Click to send private message to Carezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who will win?"
Who does everyone think will pull out a win tomorrow night?

It's a hard decision because I want Analeigh to win, but when I want someone to win (out of the final girls), they usually come in second. We were also told that the Jay's thought that the winner was obvious when they started the season. I hardly think a Sam win would be obvious, I find her quite plain and forgetful. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like Mckey will become ANTM...I personally don't see the "model" in her, but she does take nice pictures (lately). I wouldn't think she would be able to do any commercials or anything that involves talking. Analeigh is great, she can do commercial, edgy, beauty, anything... she can act, speak well... she's my winner. I really hope that Mckey screws up the catwalk and commercial and beauty shot. I think that Either one of Mckey and Analeigh will win against Sam in the finals (if she's there).

So, I have a feeling it will go like this:

3. Samantha
2. Analeigh
1. Mckey

BUT I hope it goes like this:

3. Sam
2. Mckey
1. Analeigh

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who will win? grit 11-18-08 1
 RE: Who will win? Q 11-18-08 2
   RE: Who will win? flystorms 11-19-08 3
       RE: Who will win? Q 11-19-08 4
           RE: Who will win? flystorms 11-20-08 5
               RE: Who will win? Q 11-20-08 6
                   RE: Who will win? Hoobie 11-20-08 8
 RE: Who will win? grit 11-20-08 7
   RE: Who will win? crs3192 11-21-08 9
 RE: Who will win? Carezy 12-01-08 10
   RE: Who will win? trigirl 12-03-08 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-18-08, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who will win?"
I think that Sam will be in 3rd place - they keep emphasizing the fact that she neither looks nor acts like a model. She will probably have a commercial career.

As for the winner, it could go either way. It depends on whether they judges panel wants to pick a top model or a Cover Girl spokesperson.

Analeigh looks very sweet and commercial in person but has pulled off some very edgy shots. She will make a great Cover Girl spokesmodel. It remains to be seen how she will do on the catwalk.

Mckey always looks like an edgy model at judging, something the judges have commented on the last 2 or 3 panels. She's pulled out some very edgy shots as well. The next challenge will probably be the Cover Girl TV commercial and print ad. We'll see how she does on that.

I would rather see Mckey win this - she's much more modelesque to me.

I got sliced!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-18-08, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who will win?"
I am in the Analeigh camp personally, but I also think McKey can pull the win off. Sam will be 3rd.

What makes me think McKey will win is just like you said, all my favorites come in second also, LOL.

That and the fact that McKey did really well on the go-sees makes me think she can win the walkoff. I also think Analeigh will do well on the catwalk, but not be as 'exciting' as McKey during the walk.

Then look back at all the photo's and I think the edge will go to either of them.

Its going to be close.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-19-08, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who will win?"
I have no doubt that Analeigh will win this. While she's not high fashion, she certainly screams Seventeen mag and Cover Girl. She's very commercial, very young and fresh; and very relatable to the average teen/20-something.

I keep flipping back and forth between Sam and McKey's 2nd and 3rd placings.

Sam has been consistently good in her photos, being more unique than most of the others. She has a good commercial feel and she has a personality. We're mostly made to love this goofball/clown and her antics (I do...she's a hoot!) We've seen a lot of her in the editing this season. Her downfall, like someone already said, is that she's not seen as a model in person as much as the others.

McKey, on the other hand, has grown tremendously in the cycle, going from gawky boxer poses to incredible high fashion poses. She's a standout in what she wears to panel each week; looking like a model Her downfall though, especially in the editing, is that she doesn't come across as warm to the viewers. We've never been made to especially care for her or root for her in the end. She isn't even a villian. Her strong edgy looks are more mature than her young age shows, too, which would be not as good for a Seventeen shoot. Her thin lips and tiny eyes aren't good for Cover Girl commercials I don't think she'll win, but she might just come in second.

This has been Analeigh's season from the get-go. I read in an interview that Jay and Ms J were excited by one girl from day one and had to contain themselves knowing she would end up winning it all. The editing points squarely at Analeigh, especially considering these final three.

Whaddya think?

11-19-08, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who will win?"
I agree with you about J and J, especially since Mr. J is always calling Analeigh 'Supermodel' during his shoots with her.

But at Panel, Miss J is always complementing McKey so I just keep coming back to this is a McKey, Analeigh toss-up.

That said, as I pointed out above, most of my F2 favorites come in second, so I am staying pessimistic about my Analeigh.

And to be honest, I would be happy with McKey, Analeigh or Sam as the winner. Heck, I would even have liked Marjorie.

So this cycle had, IMO, a very strong F4.

I can't wait.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-20-08, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who will win?"
Wow I sure didn't see McKey pulling out the win on this one. She really is high fashion and will do well.

I'm surprised that Analeigh choked so badly in the commercial. The crap Tyra told her about her having a beautiful body and beautiful photos, but too big of features to make it in modeling made me want to just throw something at the TV last night. If she didn't have the right features, why drag her along so long? Better yet, why even have her as a contestant if she just can't possibly win with what she has, despite the good pictures? Man, if Tyra had just said something about having a bad commercial and left it at that, it would've been easier to stomach.

You're right though, Q, any of the girls would've been great in the end.

11-20-08, 09:24 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Who will win?"
I was stunned that Analeigh tanked her commercial so badly. I was even sadder when the two others walked the catwalk without her. I think Analeigh would have rocked that walk.

Oh well. So my favorite came in third this time, not second. My kiss of death continues.

As for McKey, I am glad for her win.

Whitney was such a poor winner though. I don't see model in her at all. I was un-impressed with Whitney in this episode.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-20-08, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who will win?"
I too thought Analeigh would win and Sam should have been 3rd. Your point about Whitney is so true! All season on "My Life as a Cover Girl", I kept thinking she only has 1 look. I really liked her in ANTM 10, but now she's lost the "it" factor.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-20-08, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who will win?"
Well, some of what happened last night was a big surprise. But in the end, McKey won like I predicted.

Cover Girl challenge: Who'd have thought that Analeigh would choke on the commercial and that McKey would shine? Based on the last commercial they did, I wasn't expecting it to go this way. I thought McKey's Cover Girl photo was really, really good. I thought Sam's was terrible and I was surprised that they kept Sam for the final 2 over Analeigh.

Runway challenge: Because we didn't see the girls working on runway that much this season - either in their L.A. house, in challenges, or in one-on-ones with Miss Jay - I had no idea how either McKey or Sam could walk. The editing made it seem like they thought McKey would not do well but she didn't suck like everyone thought she would. I think her long legs gave her a huge advantage over Sam. Sam's legs looked short and muscular while McKey's looked long, long, long and very slender.

I think in the end, McKey looked and performed more like a model than Sam and I'm glad they didn't pick a "Cover Girl" model.

Handcrafted by the incredibly wonderful RollDdice

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-08, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who will win?"
I wanted Annaleigh to win!! I was so sad that she got kicked off third. But she DID choke in the commercial.

I did NOT want McKey to win. I never thought she looked modeleque, I thought she looked creepy all the time. ESPECIALLY at judging after the Covergirl shoot and commercial when her hair was slicked back like that. Yuck.

Carezy 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-08, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carezy Click to send private message to Carezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who will win?"
Pictures of Mckey from In Touch

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-03-08, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who will win?"
link please.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •