The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"10/29 Amsterdam Edition"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-30-08, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"10/29 Amsterdam Edition"
OK, so the girls go to Amsterdam and wackiness ensues. Love their place on the Herengracht (Gentleman's Canal) in Amsterdam. One of the, if not the priciest addresses in the city. The Mayor's house is on this canal as well. I know it well from my days on the Singel canal (one over towards Dam square). Oh the memories, but I digress.

So we now have one less hoochie mama to deal with. McKey did well in Amsterdam, so her chances are looking up. Marjorie continues to amaze us with her contortions (too bad coney island is closed, or she could have worked there). Annaleigh comes into her own body and past, Sam is a chipper as ever, if not clueless. And Elina still has Control issues, LOL.

I am starting to think though that Elina has some fans on panel. This could shake up all the predictions.

So who continues on after next week? I think Elina in the bottom two for two weeks is going to end. I think she will break out, but this is really based only on the panel comments, not her photo's. I think Sam is toast soon. I think Annaleigh may also have some others on her tail, so she really needs to up the personality, IMO.

What does everyone else think?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 10/29 Amsterdam Edition grit 10-30-08 1
 RE: 10/29 Amsterdam Edition realitycoholic 11-17-08 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-30-08, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 10/29 Amsterdam Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-08 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

Other than hootchie-mama, I was pleasantly surprised that this shoot ended up being pretty high-fashion.

McKey was fired up to succeed because she's never been called first and it ended up working for her. I wonder if she can keep up the momentum. Nigel seemed intrigued by her darker side at panel. I wonder if we can read anything into that. She's got a pretty good look, but I am a little scared of her mouth. I'm afraid if I get too close to her she might swallow me whole!

They continue to show Marjorie as this frightened, timid waif. I like some of her contortions, though. It's amazing how this timid thing just comes right out and blows us away with her ability to model. The only problem is when she shows energy or desire, she just ends up coming off as angry most of the time.

I still think AnnaLeigh will make a great Cover Girl model, but I still don't see edgy, high fashion with her. Her edit looks good, though. Ditto for Sam, but I don't think it bodes well for her that they critiqued her soccer mom look and couldn't do a thing to fix it.

My poor Elina. I love her look. I suspect that someone on panel does too. I got a little p.o.'d with that cat fight last week. The girls were telling her to let go and not hold back so much. She was trying to tell them it's easy to say it, but not so easy to do. I have to agree with her. I grew up in a very non-demonstrative family and 25 years after leaving home, I still have a hard time hugging and kissing people other than my husband and kids. It could go either way with Elina. She will either continue to be too controlled and be booted or she will change, her bitch edit will turn into a redemption edit and she will stay. It's really hard to tell from the edit she's gotten so far. I suspect she's on her way out but I hope not.

I think Sam will probably be next. We might see Elina in the bottom 2 or even booted but only if she doesn't pull herself together.

I got sliced!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-17-08, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 10/29 Amsterdam Edition"
Q, I lived in A'dam in 1979 for a college semester and loved it! I lived off Museumplein and would love to live there again. I was excited to see that ANTM used it for their abroad piece and yes, Herengracht is such a beautiful location.

I was surprised to see how poorly Marjorie did in the go-see challenge. Being European and having a map, I would have thought it would have worked to her advantage. I found it exceptionally easy to get around Amsterdam. It's pretty much a bunch of concentric rings.

That said, Annaleigh is my favorite and think she'd do well as the winner. At least I can stand her a lot more than Whitney from last season! I just ff past her Covergirl ads...

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •