The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-08, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
Among the many things 'fierce' does not mean, let's add 'quality set design', 'non-campy dialogue', 'passable hairstyles', 'believable model reactions', and 'teleport'.

I honestly don't know if I want the set designer shot or just forced to watch this thing over and over and over and over...

Who approved this mess?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The most hideous first hour in ... Bebo 09-03-08 1
 RE: The most hideous first hour in ... Magnolia_Rocker 09-04-08 2
   RE: The most hideous first hour in ... toddE 09-04-08 3
       RE: The most hideous first hour in ... ginger 09-04-08 4
 Yikesilicious!!! Snidget 09-04-08 5
   RE: Yikesilicious!!! Estee 09-04-08 6
       RE: Yikesilicious!!! Snidget 09-04-08 7
           RE: Yikesilicious!!! catsnotkids 09-05-08 10
               RE: Yikesilicious!!! grit 09-05-08 11
 RE: The most hideous first hour in ... Snidget 09-04-08 8
 RE: The most hideous first hour in ... grit 09-05-08 9
 RE: The most hideous first hour in ... trigirl 09-05-08 12
 Shorthand. Estee 09-05-08 13
   RE: Shorthand. flystorms 09-11-08 20
 RE: The most hideous first hour in ... qwertypie 09-09-08 14
   RE: The most hideous first hour in ... Snidget 09-09-08 15
       RE: The most hideous first hour in ... Estee 09-09-08 16
           RE: The most hideous first hour in ... Snidget 09-09-08 17
               RE: The most hideous first hour in ... mindy23 09-09-08 18
                   RE: The most hideous first hour in ... ZnittyK 09-10-08 19
       RE: The most hideous first hour in ... qwertypie 09-17-08 22
           RE: The most hideous first hour in ... Snidget 09-17-08 23
 RE: The most hideous first hour in ... motormouth 09-15-08 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-08, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
They do get positive points for correctly identifying the Tyra-bot.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-04-08, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
I nominate last nights premiere as the most cheesy premiere ever to grace the genre of reality TV. Stupid isn't a strong enough descriptor.

My future Rockers!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-04-08, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
You say "hideous" like it's a bad thing...

Ok, does being a member of the LGBT "community" give me some leeway?

Because that first hour was beyond gay. The gayness factor was flipped up to 11+.

At least the girls did a good job acting "surprised" etc, during all the special effects and Tyra self-absorption. No matter when one thinks that Tyra can't top herself, she of course mananges to top herself.

Between watching that and some of the new 90210, I have had some serious bizarre entertainment

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-08, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-08 AT 03:37 PM (EST)

I enjoyed it. But then, I watched both seasons of Skank of Love.

We have a good beeyotch, an Aygness (am not going to take the time to google correct spelling) lookalike, the Asian girl who looks like Kimora who will probably win, and a tranny. Who looks lovely and somehow ethereal-yet-ethinic-fierce in photos, a la Jay Davidson in Crying Game.

What's not to like?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-08, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Yikesilicious!!!"
Estee, Bebo, the rest of y'all...

Oh.My.Heck!!!

Y'all did not prepare me for the horror that was the first 5 minutes of the new cycle of ANTM. That's All I've gotten through and the DVR is paused.

Paused out of fear of what comes next.

*hyperventilates*

It gets scarier, doesn't it, oh please don't let it get scarier!!!

*screams*

Medal winning sigs by Agman!

09-04-08, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Yikesilicious!!!"
Just for the record: which part of 'the most hideous first hour in reality show history' were you having trouble understanding?

It gets worse. Oh, does it ever get worse.

09-04-08, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Yikesilicious!!!"
It is the magnitude by which it shattered all records of hideousness.

I was expecting 10% or 15% more hideousness than everything that came before that has hardened me to the horrors of reality TV.

I was not expecting 3 orders of magnitude increase in hideousness.

*trembles*

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-05-08, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Yikesilicious!!!"
It was truly awful. The cheesy "transporter"? And the girls having to act shocked when they "disappeared"?

Gak.

Not sure why they kept the girl who wound up in the bottom two. She is so damned thin she looks revolting. She's skelatal.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-05-08, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Yikesilicious!!!"
Because she was marginally better than the one they booted who kept going around saying she IS America's Next Top Model.

My daughter and I were rolling around on the floor laughing so hard when she got cut.

My daughter can't wait until they cut Clark.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

09-04-08, 06:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
The only thing more hideous than the first hour is how ugly on the inside some of those contestants showed themselves to be during the second hour.

I expected some drama over Isis, but some of those girls are just so ugly about her.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-08, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
The one thing my daughter and I loved about the first half was Mr. J's new hairdo. Then the second half of the show comes on and he's back to that same tired old style. C'mon it's been 11 cycles now. The only other person on that show who's kept the same hairstyle cycle after cycle is Nigel.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-05-08, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
I have never in my life been so happy to have the kids mess up my DVR timer. Caught the first 12 minutes and the last 22. I have been spared....allelluia!!!!

bouncey by Ice

09-05-08, 02:10 PM (EST)
13. "Shorthand."
And here's how our own front page summarizers described the opening fifty percent:

'After a first hour that featured the season's semifinalists being narrowed down to the competition's 14 finalists'

I sense much fast-forwarding.

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-11-08, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Shorthand."
>'After a first hour that featured >the season's emifinalists being narrowed >down to the competition's 14 >finalists'

LOL! I recap for another site and couldn't stomach recapping that first hour either. Too funny. Thank God for Tivo, huh?

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-08, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
Blissfully, I missed the premiere, I guess there is an advantage to not having cable.

09-09-08, 05:22 AM (EST)
15. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-08 AT 06:00 AM (EST)

The CW is broadcast over the air and is not a cable-only network in the US.

http://www.cwtv.com/stations will let you know if there is one in your area, according to wiki they reach about 86% of American homes.

Manga by Slicey!

09-09-08, 08:36 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
This is kind of like the time you tried to spread the Dead Doll Dance around, isn't it?

09-09-08, 08:39 AM (EST)
17. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
Why should I have to suffer alone?

Manga by Slicey!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-09-08, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly glad I have been weaned off ATM!! I gave it up year before last, due mostly to Tyra's love of herself, and nextly, the disappearance of Twiggy, a '60's icon. After that, I'd have to give credit to Ms. Jay, whom I still am not sure is who or what.

Actually, I think this: He and Richard Simmons are one in the same, they just dress up in different gigs for different gigs.

As for the entire show: I have to give it a 10 on the GAG-O-Meter!! (on a scale of 1-9)

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-10-08, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
The show is terrible. I am tired of them trying to act, and think of other stupid things. Tyra trying to be a Robot lol. Give me a Break.

What I disliked the most about Tyra that night was when she tried to make the Ivy League Graduate (I cannot remember her name, nor any of their names) look stupid. Am I the only one that caught that? She started asking her questions (which I believe Tyra studied herself, yes I am saying it Tyra studied those questions herself). Then she has the nerve to say that the girl could not answer questions referring to her major and she did not go to College and she could answer those questions. Okay true, but I still think Tyra rehearsed those questions herself, and planned to test her. This is something that Tyra would do you if you know Tyra as an Entertainer (especially on America's Next Top Model). Tyra is so full of shyt. This is a Modeling Competition (supposedly) not a Intelligence Competition. Maybe she did this because she has had previous Ivy League Grads on her show and they tried to throw their education up in everyones face or something so she had to come prepared this time lol... Who knows but still... She even mentioned it during Judging in the first hour of the show.

I already said I am starting to dislike Tyra Banks. I used to be a die-hard Tyra Banks fan. Its starting to fade quickly.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-08, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
I wonder if being Canadian counts for the 14% ANTM-free zone

Supposedly I should be able to get it, but the channel it's on only gets static (could be that my son keeps biting the antenna off, but that is a whole different story)

09-17-08, 08:57 PM (EST)
23. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
Little hero trying to save you!

Manga by Slicey!

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-08, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The most hideous first hour in reality show history."
First thing I said to my daughter was something to the effect that this was *definitely* going to make it on The Soup. And then it got worse. Ack.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •