The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks, Survivor!), But..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-07, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks, Survivor!), But..."
...I saw a lot of the photoshoot via Reality Remix (a dirty grubby pleasure on Fox Reality Network, which is, in and of itself, a dirty grubby pleasure) and WTF?????

I found the pictures really disturbing.

Now, I don't quite understand WHY I was freaked out by the theme. We had the pose-as-your-favorite-sin-in-a-coffin shoot, and I actually really liked the Eating Disorders pix. I also like horror movies, even cheap stoopid ones like the remake of House of Wax.

So, why was I so nonplussed by the faux gore and evisceration? What did you guys think? Was anyone else reminded of The Eyes of Laura Mars (although those fake murder shots were kinda tasteful in comparison)?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks,... LisaPles 03-23-07 1
 RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks,... Das Mole 03-24-07 2
   RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks,... ginger 03-27-07 3
       RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks,... amea_gari 03-30-07 4
       RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks,... toddE 04-02-07 5
           RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks,... ginger 04-04-07 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-23-07, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks, Survivor!), But..."
I was not particularly upset about it when I watched the show but I see what you are saying. I disagree with images of women that combine sexuality and violence.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-24-07, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks, Survivor!), But..."
Really? I liked the pictures when I looked at them online. I didn't see the episode itself (Survivor) but they didn't weird me out. I love the editorrrrrrial, edgy stuff and I'm really not sure why.

I'm can't wait until they put it up on the website so I can watch away.

03-27-07, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks, Survivor!), But..."
That's what puzzles me...I usually like weird edgy gothy stuff, too.

It was certainly funny (I've caught the episode now) to hear Tyra & Co. gush about how "beautiful" Diane looked when she had giant bloody oozing gaping holes and bones sticking out of her.

I am peeved with the elimination (as many of you were).

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-30-07, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks, Survivor!), But..."
Diana was the first one I have been truly pleased to see go. Her personality was fairly vapid, she couldn't even give an answer to why she wanted to be a model. Not to mention I sensed a ##### in her just waiting to come out. She was friendly with Renee until Renee started trying to be friendly with Brittany. We just didn't see enough of Diana for it to really stand out.
I also don't understand why everyone kept saying she was so beautiful. Her pictures were never any good imo either.
Very glad Whitney stayed. She doesn't take great pictures consistently, yet, but she's beautiful and gets a lot of praise for knowing how to move and be graceful, so I expect she'll blossom.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-02-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks, Survivor!), But..."
Ginger...

You actually watched an episode of the unbelievably dull Survivor:Fiji over the totally entertaining "cycle" of ANTM? Shame on you!

Why were you peeved at this elimination? Diana wanted to be ANTM "just cause" and should have actually been eliminated last week anyhow.

04-04-07, 01:55 PM (EST)
6. "RE: OK, I Missed this Week (Thanks, Survivor!), But..."
I was peeved at the Little Tyra elimination - my post actually referred to the penultimate episode.

And I KICKED myself for watching Survivor. I am so braindead after work sometimes that I sort of thought it was Thursday, not Wednesday, simply because Survivor was on. Redhead has blonde moment.

Diane was a worthy boot.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •