The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-22-07, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
I don't understand why Sarah and especially Jael are still there.
Jael may be tall and slim but her face is unattractive and her skin is horrible. I don't know if she is a junkie herself but she looks and talks like one. ANTM needs to get real, nobody is going to book her for a modeling job!
Sarah is a short and has a pinhead and is not pretty enough to be ANTM. I think her personality is also a dud. She reminds me of that "type A" a-hole that wants to check another thing off her “things I must accomplish in life” list.
Why are they keeping some of these ugly girls when they know they don't cut it? Each season it becomes more and more apparent that this is a reality show not a modeling competition.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... qwertypie 03-28-07 1
 RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... Q 03-28-07 2
 RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... uridev 03-28-07 3
   RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... LisaPles 03-29-07 4
 RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... Das Mole 03-30-07 5
   RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... Vixxxen 04-16-07 6
       RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... lindamaher 04-20-07 7
           RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... LisaPles 04-20-07 8
 RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... cambo 04-20-07 9
   RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... amanda11694 04-20-07 10
       RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... Myantek 04-20-07 11
           RE: What Ever Happened To Models Be... amanda11694 04-22-07 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-07, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
I guess they are going for edgy.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-28-07, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
As Tyra, Ms. Jay, Nigel, etc state over and over and over each cycle:

Pretty girls are a dime a dozen, SuperModels are usually, somewhat unusual in their looks. Not enough to make them look freaky, but enough to set them apart from normal beauty. Then add on top of that the model attitude and how they carry themselves and present themselves, and you have Models that are good looking, somewhat edgy and can carry themselves with pride no matter how they look.

If you want simple beauties, then join a pageant, models need more, IMO.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

uridev 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-28-07, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uridev Click to send private message to uridev Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
I've actually wondered that myself. Especially with all the "ugly" behavior featured in the house. I think personality, intelligence, and humor are a big part of beauty.

03-29-07, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
Like the guest judge (female) said last night in regard to Jael: "If she came in for an open call I would just say, NEXT"! Obviously a model needs to be more than just pretty but I think having a pretty face should be a part of the package.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-30-07, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
I don't really think anybody that's ever been on the show is truly ugly (with maybe the exception of Kathy and Wendy from Cycle 6...*vomits*). In fact I don't think a lot of models are conventionally "pretty", but what matters more is their overall attitude/appearance and whether or not they're photogenic.

As for Jael, I don't think she's ugly. As a matter of fact, she's my favorite model this season, I think her face and bone structure is awesome.

And I have to disagree with the fact that it's "more and more apparent that this is a reality show". It's always been a reality show, the whole point is to get ratings to make money. Every television show has to have an internal conflict, reality television or otherwise. If there isn't a plot (even if the plot is minimal), there isn't a show. That's why the editors have to cut the footage to make someone the b*tch, someone the sweetheart, etc.

Every season has had "the b*tch", even from the beginning: Robyn (or Elyse, depending on how you look at it), Camille...

I don't think they've traded the stereotypes for bad models, though. Even this season, Renee's been typecasted as the jerk, but she still takes good photos.

Vixxxen 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-16-07, 04:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Vixxxen Click to send private message to Vixxxen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
Wow I think the op hit the nail on the head. Jael must've been a former junkie. She had a best friend die of an overdose while she was in the ANTM house. That explains her slow speech and the vapidness in her expressions when she talks. I think she would be a great person to meet but I honestly don't think she will be the winner.

lindamaher 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-20-07, 05:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lindamaher Click to send private message to lindamaher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
>Wow I think the op hit
>the nail on the head.
> Jael must've been a
>former junkie. She had
>a best friend die of
>an overdose while she was
>in the ANTM house.
>That explains her slow speech
>and the vapidness in her
>expressions when she talks.
>I think she would be
>a great person to meet
>but I honestly don't think
>she will be the winner.
>

I absolutely agree, there is something about her that isn't being said. I am glad she is clean now, if she is, which I assume she is seeing how she is on TV being taped at all times. But there is definitely a history I think.

04-20-07, 10:43 AM (EST)
8. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-07 AT 10:43 AM (EST)

Hopefully Jael isn't using drugs but at the party they attended she seeemed to have hit the alcohol pretty hard. I think her brain is fried.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-20-07, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
I agree. If you compare the girls ANTM cast in the first few seasons to the girls cast in the later seasons, there's a HUGE difference! I don't know what happened.

It's even more apparent if you watch the foreign versions of Next Top Model. The majority of the girls on the foreign versions seem to have more model potential.

amanda11694 116 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-07, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
I suppose the judges were sick of "pretty girls" and that they were too safe and commercial.

I was told that some of the girls in Australia's Next Top Model were not very attractive, but i've never seen a international version of Top Model.

Myantek 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-20-07, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Myantek Click to send private message to Myantek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
I watched the first season of Canada's Next Top Model and the girls didn't come across as polished as those on ANTM. There were some pretty ones but they went for the characters - the #####, the girl next door, the misunderstood, etc.

I'm hoping this cycle 2 this summer is better. It's being hosted by Jay Manuel so I'm guessing the photo shoots will be a little more interesting.

amanda11694 116 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-07, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What Ever Happened To Models Being Pretty? "
If Mr. Jay is the host, I wonder who will direct photoshoots? Jay might turn out to be a really harsh judge because he can be harsh during photoshoots if someone really sucks.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •