The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Plus Sized Models"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-01-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Plus Sized Models"
I'm glad that there are at least a few this season. I think Whitney could be a contender as long as she takes good photos. Did you see her in her bikini? Oh my God, what an amazing body! I thought my husband's eyes were going to pop out.
Don't the plus sized women have such a nice glow about their skin? I think they are often more beautiful than the thinner models. My husband still talks about the black woman from a few seasons ago, I think her name was Tocarra. I wonder what ever happened to her, he had a major crush on her!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Plus Sized Models WilmaF 03-01-07 1
   RE: Plus Sized Models jlnagle2 03-01-07 2
       RE: Plus Sized Models prosecutor 03-01-07 3
           RE: Plus Sized Models ginger 03-01-07 4
 RE: Plus Sized Models eire_heart74 03-01-07 5
 RE: Plus Sized Models AshLanie 03-02-07 6
   RE: Plus Sized Models elenaoftheturks 03-09-07 7
       RE: Plus Sized Models AshLanie 03-09-07 8
       RE: Plus Sized Models Everyday 03-20-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

WilmaF 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-01-07, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WilmaF Click to send private message to WilmaF Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Plus Sized Models"
I completely agree with you. If those plus size girls can keep up the good personalities and their spirits then they will be real contenders.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jlnagle2 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-01-07, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jlnagle2 Click to send private message to jlnagle2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Plus Sized Models"
GREAT JOB!!!! TO all plus size girl we real!!!!

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-01-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Plus Sized Models"
Lisaples, Tocarra is always around on commercials doing hosting gigs etc. She has lost a lot of weight though still plus sized.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-07, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Plus Sized Models"
I think she was STUNNING. I agree with a poster who guessed this might be the season Tyra picks the Plus Gal Winner because Tyra is getting all this shite about her own (perfectly respectable but harness those girls!) weight, and I only wish Tocarra would be around for it.

That being said, both of our plus sized ladies seem likeable and at least as attractive, if not more so, than 65% of the others.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-07, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Plus Sized Models"
Ah yes Tocarra had a slamming figure. Looked like a real woman and was a stunner!

Maybe Tyra is finally going to put up. All these years there is at least one episode where she is slamming the other judges for their comments on the girl's weight. Maybe it is because some heat has been on her lately and she really knows the feeling now.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-02-07, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Plus Sized Models"
A little bit bout Toccara:

http://www.pasazz.net/celebs/toccara-jones.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toccara_Jones

I like both plus size models...I do hope both are given a fair shake.....And are't just there because of tyra's most recent drama garbage about weight etc.

elenaoftheturks 8 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-07, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail elenaoftheturks Click to send private message to elenaoftheturks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Plus Sized Models"
I really love Diana and Whitney (although episode three featured a slightly disappointing day for Whitney), so I want one of them to win. More media (not just 2 girls on ANTM...what a travesy) need to portray beautiful, curvy women more often. Nonetheless, obesity is unhealthy and is a public health hazard in the United States (I'm from the Midwest)...but the reality is, we're not all Cassandras. Some of us actually look like real women like Whitney, Toccara, and Diana. Just because a girl isn't anorexic-looking doesn't mean she can't take a great shot and be a commercial success

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-09-07, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Plus Sized Models"
Great post and I agree.

Females need to look within themselves to set the standards and not look towards industries such as the modeling one for confimation as to who they are, etc.

U.S. has two extremes of weight going: The anorexia, blumia, etc and the obese. Seems only the obese are paid any attention to and it's all negative.

Should some lose the weight cause of obesity, yes by all means BUT we need to band together and say enough is enough with being so skinny that many end up with as many health issues as an obese female.

And are we a nation of obesity? Or is that yet another ploy to not address the other extreme I've already mentioned?

Why even call these two females plus size? What is the purpose except to *label* them as bigger than what most feel to be the standard accepted weight.

We, (females) have NOT come a long way, baby.

Ok, sorry got off topic there a bit (Off topic being I didn't discuss the show itself).

As for the two females we are discussing, I surely hope they are given the same advice etc as others are given.

I am looking forward to the makeovers to see how these two ladies look. If not mistaken one of the judges mentioned this about one of them..saying a makeover would be good for her or am I mistaken about that?

I also hope the other ladies and or judges don't play these two against one another for the drama factor. Both of them seem to have it together: maturity, confidence, etc.

Either way, if they go far they surely will get contracts along the way.

Everyday 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-07, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Everyday Click to send private message to Everyday Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Plus Sized Models"
Good point and I agree.

I personally think that Diana is gorgeous, esp. since she became a blond. She looks luscious (reminds me of that quote about Marilyn Monroe when someone said "she looks as if honey and cream would flow if you bit her") but, unfortunately, she's revealed a bitchy, jealous personality by ganging up with Renee to attack Britney.

It's also unfortunate that Diana doesn't seem to be all that comfortable in her own skin despite her claiming how much she loves her body in one of the first programs. She was stiff as a board in the nude photos. It's a shame because she is so beautiful - I just don't get the impression that, deep down, she believes it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •