The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"First impressions..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-09, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"First impressions..."
...aren't all that good.

The personality problems are being thrown at us early, and we're clearly being asked to deal with them for a while. Say, all the way until the absolute end of the series. (And in the case of Donald's issues, read that however you like.)

In order to keep from recapping the entire too-long episode in all its lack of glory, I'll just give my first impressions of each contestant in their predetermined alphabetical order.

* Clint Black

Seemed relatively sane. May last simply because someone has to seem relatively sane, if only to give Donald a five-second haven in the Boardroom.

* Andrew Dice Clay

Just what he's always been: a megajerk whose only concern is preserving his public image -- and his public image is 'I'm a megajerk'. Mission accomplished.

* Annie Duke

I guess it makes some sense that if the main aspect of your life is determined by luck, you'd be a total control freak about every other bit... Has some definite skills, but none of them relate to dealing with other people.

* Tom Green

Disturbingly stable. We know not to expect this from him and I don't know why we're getting it now.

* Natalie Gulbis

There -- barely. Got just enough screen time to verify her existence and vanished until next week.

* Scott Hamilton

Fairly steady, but had several moments of deliberate silliness, not all of which worked out. Was only targeted by Clay because Clay, among his other many established qualities, is a giant homophobe.

* Jesse James

Not quite out of his element yet, especially as a small business operator who knows something about how the real world works -- but he'll be killed as soon as his black book is required.

* Claudia Jordan

Can probably be trusted to frost cupcakes without supervision.

* Khloe Kardashian

Should have a better idea how to deal with the cameras than everyone but Melissa, but will still insist on hanging herself in confessional. So far, just here to fill out a firing slot.

* Brian McKnight

Already cultivating an under-the-radar strategy. Will die accordingly.

* Joan Rivers

Becoming genuinely disturbing to look at for any length of time. Has some clear business skills, but didn't exploit any of her own connections and was too willing to let Melissa and Annie run the show. Steers the ship, but refuses to put her hands on the wheel: they might break off.

* Melissa Rivers

Really needs to get away from her mother for a couple of weeks. Say, in a camera-laced jungle with a dozen other low-tier celebs.

* Brande Roderick

Succeeded where our last Playmate failed by using whatever connections she had, but may not be able to dip into that well twice. Kept from having Joan insult her all episode, which is an achievement in itself.

* Dennis Rodman

Utterly useless. Only woke up in the Boardroom and will forget where he is once he hits the suite. Did not attempt to use any of his own connections, but it's not as if Michael Jordan ever spends money on anyone but Michael Jordan, so...

* Herschel Walker

Somewhat competent. Didn't really deserve to be fired and thankfully wasn't. Needs to quarterback up and get better control of his team: riding herd on Dennis can only help. May be more comfortable taking orders than giving them.

* Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins

Again, just enough camera time to verify her presence. Story arc will come along when needed -- eventually.

And of course:

* Donald Trump

Total DAW.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: First impressions... byoffer 03-02-09 1
 RE: First impressions... aquariaqueen 03-02-09 2
 RE: First impressions... Loree 03-02-09 3
   RE: First impressions... byoffer 03-02-09 4
   RE: First impressions... mindy23 03-02-09 5
 RE: First impressions... jbug 03-02-09 6
 RE: First impressions... Belle Book 03-02-09 7
   RE: First impressions... Wasabi 03-03-09 8
       RE: First impressions... Belle Book 03-03-09 9
           RE: First impressions... Estee 03-03-09 10
               RE: First impressions... Belle Book 03-03-09 13
                   RE: First impressions... Wacko Jacko 03-17-09 21
                       RE: First impressions... qwertypie 03-17-09 22
 RE: First impressions... Jims02 03-03-09 11
   RE: First impressions... qwertypie 03-03-09 12
       RE: First impressions... krismiss2us 03-04-09 14
           RE: First impressions... qwertypie 03-04-09 15
               RE: First impressions... krismiss2us 03-04-09 16
               RE: First impressions... krismiss2us 03-08-09 19
 Dice Ricky 03-06-09 17
   RE: Dice krismiss2us 03-08-09 18
 RE: First impressions... cahaya 03-09-09 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-09, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: First impressions..."
* Donald Trump

Let me add to that. I hate how on these celebrity apprentice editions of the show The Donald finally makes his decision on who to fire and then proceeds to kiss their a55 about how great they are. Andrew Dice Clay is not such a great guy and deserved to be fired for being incompetent also.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-02-09, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: First impressions..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-09 AT 10:03 AM (EST)

I like your assessments.

I was worried about everyone calling up their money guys too early. You can't exhaust all your options this early. But like last year, Trump was ticked that the Playmate didn't call Hugh! Hopefully, they didn't use all their money guys, yet.

ETA: Agree, too long of an episode. I guess we were supposed to get a feel for all the players, but like already said, some where left out almost.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-09, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: First impressions..."
Why is Don Jr following in his dad's creepy hair style?

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-09, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: First impressions..."
I was thinking the same thing last night. As good as Ivanka looks (and I mean good), Don Jr looks really creepy.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-02-09, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: First impressions..."
Only other thing I have to add is: never mess with Ivanka! THAT is the kiss of death! Was last time, and will be forever. Any time you insult, diss, or otherwise treat her less than that princess she has been groomed to be, you are sure to be axed.

In this case, so glad A.D.C. could not contain himself. Not only is he 'homophobic', he also feels women should be left home, barefoot and preggo's. I can't see him contributing zilch to anything in society!

Just one more thing: LOVE Clint Black's dimples-always have!!! Hope they help him make it through for a very long time. He alone could keep me watching longer than usual.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-09, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: First impressions..."
It would be interesting to know how much each one brought in.
We heard Tom list some of his; Hershal claimed more but didn't list them. I'd like to know how much the gambler actually brought in.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-02-09, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: First impressions..."
I didn't know -- or maybe I forgot -- that Scott was gay. That doesn't matter to me, of course -- I love figure skating, so he's one of my favorites!

Glad to see that Dice is gone. I'm not certain he really intended to quit, but it sure sounded that way. Besides, he did the least of the male celebrities.

Belle Book

Wasabi 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-03-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wasabi Click to send private message to Wasabi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: First impressions..."
I'm pretty sure that Scott Hamilton is married to a WOMAN and has a son.

03-03-09, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: First impressions..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-09 AT 04:27 PM (EST)

Unfortunately, Estee said that Dice was a big homophobe, so I assumed that it meant Scott was gay and that's why Dice wanted Scott to go. If that was a mistake, mea culpa.

Belle Book

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-09, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: First impressions..."
It's an ongoing debate: any search engine will show you people on both sides of the issue. He is married to a woman and has children -- but he's displayed enough of what many people think of as the distinctive mannerism to call up the question a few hundred times. And to someone like Clay, any level of that display will immediately set all his fear alarms off at top volume. You don't have to be gay in order to trigger homophobia: you just have to be, in the view of the terrorized, 'less of a man'.

03-03-09, 07:44 PM (EST)
13. "RE: First impressions..."
Ah, I see. So it was more of a perception issue than anything else.

Belle Book

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-17-09, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: First impressions..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-09 AT 02:04 PM (EST)

Scott Hamilton is not gay. I think it is of poor taste just to label a guy gay because he figure skates.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-09, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: First impressions..."
UMMM, Rereading the previous posts, I don't think that is what is going on. JMHO

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-09, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: First impressions..."
When I heard Annie Duke was on the show, I thought it would be an interesting fit. She's pretty bright, making it to the Final 5 on "1 vs 100" in the Last Man Standing contest.

That being said, I'm not surprised at how much she's not vibing with the women's team. For her job, she plays poker all day with (mostly) men, so it might be a definite shift for her. This is someone who skipped the WSOP ladies event a few times.

She definitely needs to be more self-aware regarding what she's saying, though. Hopefully, as a poker player, she'll get a good read that they're pissed off at her now.

A 2003 IceCat original

03-03-09, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: First impressions..."
Yeah -- I was surprised at her lack of reading her team.

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-04-09, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: First impressions..."
Agree with all assessments thus far. Though, I think some are being too hard on Annie. Why is it that when a man is aggressive in the way that Annie was, he's a "go getter" or whatever but when a woman does it, she's a #####? I mean, you're right, she really did not need to go into such great detail about how to frost a freakin' cupcake and she could have been nicer, but the fact was that neither happened. She is who she is and like it or not, that's how she is. I don't think there's anything wrong with her...excuse me while I instruct my husband on how to eat his dinner.

03-04-09, 11:22 AM (EST)
15. "RE: First impressions..."
excuse me while I instruct my husband on how to eat his dinner. LOL!

I had more issues of her being rude in front of the playboy guys that were going to donate a huge check for the cupcakes. That was poor, socially inept behaviour independent of gender.

03-04-09, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: First impressions..."
I absolutely agree. There's nothing wrong with being aggressive (and right, just ask my honey). But that's no reason not to be nice...especially if you're trying to sell something...speaking of which, I'm selling a husband real cheap...heck I'll throw in my son for free (j/k)

03-08-09, 06:20 PM (EST)
19. "RE: First impressions..."
SO I made the mistake of reading the previous post to my honey and he seems to think I'll be digging his size 12's out of my a55. He thinks our life should be a reality show...and I tend to agree!

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-09, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Dice"
* Andrew Dice Clay

Not a good match for the show. Please keep in mind that he is putting on an act. Kinda like Henry Winkler is not really Fonzie.

In a radio interview Dice did have a good line. When Joan Rivers said "This face cost $150K" Dice said, "You should get your money back!".

My PIN number is 7232. Please don't tell anyone, I'm just putting it here so I won't forget it.

03-08-09, 02:49 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Dice"
Dice is everything us westerners believe a new yorker to be...all stereotypes rolled in to one guy and he filled it perfectly. He is such a primadonna....good thing he was fired/quit because he wouldn't have made it very much longer.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-09, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: First impressions..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-09 AT 00:19 AM (EST)

Nice riffs there by Clint Black to close the show - for me by far the most memorable highlight of the first episode. He'll be around a while, I think. Not only is he sane, he's cool in every sense of the word.

(eta)

Hey, hey hotrod
Burnin' up the back streets tearin' up town
Hey, hey hotrod
A hound for glory and the glory bound

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •