The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Piers and task strategy."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-08, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Piers and task strategy."
As I currently see it, his tactics have one of two motives behind them.

1. He wants to be on the record as disagreeing with everything and presenting alternate options for each move, every thought, each and every word spoken, just in case something goes wrong. That way, he can immediately start on 'We would have won if only they'd listened to me' and potentially keep himself safe for another week.

2. He's a do-nothing, know-nothing, interrupt-everything pretentious jerk.

Pick your favorite.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Piers and task strategy. mistyrose52 01-11-08 1
 RE: Piers and task strategy. Snidget 01-11-08 2
   RE: Piers and task strategy. Estee 01-25-08 3
       RE: Piers and task strategy. mindy23 01-25-08 4
           RE: Piers and task strategy. qwertypie 01-25-08 5
           RE: Piers and task strategy. Snidget 01-25-08 7
 RE: Piers and task strategy. kingfish 01-25-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-11-08, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Piers and task strategy."

I kind of pick number 1. With reservations, because I really haven't gotten to know him that well yet, and I'm still trying to figure out his little British mind. He reminds me so much of Simon Cowell. PLUS, he's constatly in the shadow of Gene Simmons, I do feel that anything he tries to project, automatically gets thrown off the table. So, he really hasn't had a chance to bring anything to the table yet.

So, IMHO, that makes him look argumentative. But in fact, he IS trying to cover his butt, add a bit of his own feedback, all the while, he's basically being ignored-by most people.

In last night's edition, he had Tito to side with, because Tito was already up in the air about the guys in the editing room taking things upon themselves. Now, I have to agree with Tito and Piers about that-they were all on the line, and it's not an easy task to put blind faith in people you really don't know all that well. And Stephen Baldwin?? Come on-what has been his greates challenge? Surreal Life, or Cowboy Whatever? I honestly don't know. I know he's done some B-movies, and a few other honorable mentions, but to be a PRODUCER?? And after watching Gene go off on the BOSS'S daughter?? I'd be a little wary, too!

So, to answer your question, which I probably won't, anyway (LOL-I'm still doing the drinking game this morning!) I'm keeping an eye out for Piers. I think he could bring some intellegent leading, if given the chance. Because of his personality, and reputation-the Simon Cowell of whatever-he is being micro-managed, and because of the super power personalities of Gene and Vinnie-not too many others are having much choice in many other things.

Time to let some of the others step up to the plate. Piers wasn't the only one disagreeing last night! Tito had a melt-down, child-like, tantrum! The CW Singer was not a happy boy,either, until they utilized his 'god-like voice-overs', and I'm sure there were others in that category that were edited out.

I personally feel that Piers is being focused on, and we are being led to believe that he is the MALE OMAROSA. I really don't think he is. Time will tell, right??

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-08, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Piers and task strategy."
I think mostly #2 but with enough awareness that since that is who he is he might as well use that in a way that might get him ahead in this game.

I'm waiting to see if he has anything other than "I told you so" to contribute.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-08, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Piers and task strategy."
A suit of chain mail and absolutely no sales technique might be a start.

Realistically, Piers, most people in any city would have fled at the sight of you.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-25-08, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Piers and task strategy."
>A suit of chain mail and
>absolutely no sales technique might
>be a start.
>
>Realistically, Piers, most people in
>any city would have fled
>at the sight of you.

>
>

LOL-you got THAT right! Just don't send that 'knight in shining armor' anywhere near the south-they'll shoot him just for the fun of it!

But, he DID deliver, right under the wire, and caused the men to win, once more. Mostly fate and good timing, but he got the credit, non-the-less. How many of those other celebrities would have thought of calling Sir Richard Branson?? They all looked pretty impressed, I have to say!

Anyway, I have always kind of leaned on his side, because I think he's the underdog that no one has liked, going in, and now that Gene is gone, maybe someone will finally see he has some potential. Only time will tell.....

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-08, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Piers and task strategy."
I wonder if Sir Richard knew this was for the Apprentice. I seem to recall that Donald Trump called him a loser because Rebel Billionaire did not do as well in the ratings as that season of the Apprentice.

If he did, he has more class than I thought.

and I am still giggling at the thought of some Good Ole Boys taking pot shots at Piers....(I was aiming for the bunny, honest!)

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-08, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Piers and task strategy."
LAST EDITED ON 01-25-08 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

hey mindy, I resized the picture if you want to use it as a signature for all your posts. It was too tall per the guidelines (max 60 pixels tall)

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-08, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Piers and task strategy."
#2.

He wasn't an editors favorite this week, either.

One team or the other should have made a big move to sell tickets to Ivanka, Vince#2, and/or The Hair himself. (Is there a rule expressly forbidding the offering of BJs as swag?)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •