The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-15-07, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 2"
Wow, surprised no one has commented on last night episode. I am waiting for the folks to say Donald is prejediced by firing two African-American candidates the first two weeks. Week ones firing was debatable, but I personally don't see how week two's firing was. it was so obvious that that Carey should of been fired last night. I was shocked to even hear Donald say that it was a tough one. I did not see why Michelle was so hard to work with...unless it was edited to purposely lead us all to thinking Carey should've been fired than maybe. But what is it with price point always being the excuse. Both tasks were very very close. last week they it was not the price but they just needed to get a couple more sales. THis week the men's suit only made $300 of the $20,000 total. Price is not the issue to any loses yet this season.

You could say that it is always the project manager's fault and to a certain extent it is always their fault. But you can not just fire the losing PM every week...at least the project manager is stepping up. I do howver agree with the one guys statement that the project manager deserved more blame than they were getting. If the project manager did not like the suit it is their responsibility to shoot it down. So I ranked this weeks worst in order: Carey, PM (name?), and I don't even think Michelle should've been there.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 2 byoffer 01-15-07 1
   RE: Week 2 DarwinianAtheist 01-15-07 2
       RE: Week 2 byoffer 01-15-07 3
           RE: Week 2 mistyrose52 01-15-07 6
               RE: Week 2 foonermints 01-15-07 8
           RE: Week 2 lindan 01-15-07 9
           RE: Week 2 geg6 01-16-07 12
           RE: Week 2 gymmy139 01-19-07 16
 RE: Week 2 AZ_Leo 01-15-07 4
 RE: Week 2 foonermints 01-15-07 5
 RE: Week 2 cainiacs 01-15-07 7
   RE: Week 2 HistoryDetective 01-15-07 11
 RE: Week 2 gymmy139 01-15-07 10
 RE: Week 2 Cyndimaus 01-16-07 13
   RE: Week 2 amea_gari 01-17-07 14
       RE: Week 2 gymmy139 01-19-07 17
 RE: Week 2 iltarion 01-18-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-15-07, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 2"
Hey WJ

There is some discussion about the pink bathing suit from last night's show over in OT...
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID6/27108.shtml

As for who should have been fired, I couldn't disagree with the choice. I may not have seen the whole show though. Did they get a chance to speak to the buyers (or anyone from the company) about what the buyers were looking for? Carey seemed to think he knew the designer's style, and eas just emulating that. If he got burned by matching the designer's normal style, but a style the designer was not using on this task, then I think he got burned.

But if the challenge was just to design a line of swim suits that America would buy, then he was way off mark and should have been canned.

I never considered it as a black/white thing. I was surprised Donald was so quick to point out "you are gay" in the boardroom. I don't think this had anything to do with the firing, but I would not have wanted to bring this up if firing might be involved.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DarwinianAtheist 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-15-07, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DarwinianAtheist Click to send private message to DarwinianAtheist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 2"
I just don't get how the group could have ok'd that particular suit- I just don't get it! I think that Ivanka ( sp? ) really hit the nail on the head when she said that the suit was too narrowly targeted to certain consumers. That suit is something out of a gay pride parade!! Not that is wasn't nice, not that it wouldn't sell to those consumers, but that wasn't the group being marketed for. I am still not sure if it was more Carey's or the PM's fault. I realize that Carey was very aggressive, but there is NO way as a PM that I would have agreed to that suit. No way. I like Carey- he is energetic and I am sorry to see him go.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-07, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 2"
I missed the start. Did they tell the teams that the swim suit lines would be judged by the celebrity designed, or by purchases from a buying panel?

If the latter, then no question that Carey is fired. But if the instructions were not clear, then I don't think he was totally at fault. Most fashion shows seem to be full of clothing that wouldn't be worn by 90% of the population, and shouldn't be worn by 95%! I don't really understand this, but I gather that the idea is for the fashion shows to show off the extremes, from which the fashions you and I wear are moderately derived.

Maybe Carey thought that the task was to come up with something that the fashion designer would feel was part of those shocking fashion shows.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-15-07, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week 2"
The suits were to be critiqued, as well as bought, by the consumer. Simple as that-not by the designer(s).

Carrey was way out of line thoughout this whole task. And the thing that is really ticking me off, and that I just do NOT get is this: Just because they are in California, why do the majority of them think they have to all of a sudden swing all their talents to the gay side?

This has been their theme since day one. Something that I've noticed on both episodes. So what that they are in So. California-there are no more gays there than in NY! I don't get it. But that aside, these tasks are just getting so out of focus, ridiculous, and the 'prizes' are sickening. So what-the GIRLS got to spend the evening at the Playboy Mansion. WOW-WHOPPEE!!

Donald Trump is just showing the world what a giant, sexist creep he really is, and feeding fuel to Rosie, IMHO. Not to mention a few comments he made at the bathing suit expo.

I'm just getting really sick and tired of this show-why would anyone who is already a successful business person, with a huge salary, subject themselves to the crap that is being thrown at them for this?? Again, I say-I dunno.....

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-07, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 2"
>I'm just getting really sick and tired of this show<

I hereby declare this show "Jericho, season 2". I can't stop watching, but now I'm starting to appreciate how Frank feels.

foonermints - making yuckly sigpics nobody wants

YeeHaw! You GO Donald!

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-15-07, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week 2"
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-07 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

>I missed the start. Did
>they tell the teams that
>the swim suit lines would
>be judged by the celebrity
>designed, or by purchases from
>a buying panel?
Trump made it clear in the beginning that the team that made the most profit wins.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-07, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week 2"
The instruction to the teams was to design a swimsuit line under the designer's name (thus in the typical style of the designer). The buyers would determine the winner (just like at a real fashion show in that the designs everyone copies for us poor people later are the ones they purchase most for the upscale clientele) by doing what they do: buying for the retailers who sell to the general public. The team that sold the most to the buyers would win.

Carey's much-too-on-the-edge men's swimwear was the killer for his team. The women's swimwear for his team was actually the more attractive collection. But the men's wear, espcecially the pink suit, were never going to sell. Carey may have thought he knew what the designer would want (but she wasn't the audience, remember?), but he didn't even seem to take time to check out her website before he began sketching his designs in the car on the way to meet with the design team and bullying people into going along with him.

I have to say, though, had I been project manager there would have been no way he'd have gotten his way. No way.

The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone. — Henrik Ibsen
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Henry David Thoreau

gymmy139 4 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-07, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gymmy139 Click to send private message to gymmy139 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Week 2"
Teams were judged on who made the most money - isn't that crystal clear that there would've had to be a buying panel?????

Carey deserved to be fired. He was egotistical, aggressive and didn't care one iota that the team members did not like his design. In fact, it is my opinion that his design led to his Team's downfall.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-15-07, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 2"
I have been trying to watch it but it seems that after only a few minutes I start to feel nausea and have to turn the channel. I try to go back but, assuming I don't hit a commercial which is more than half the time, I start feeling sick again. It isn't too bad if DT isn't on the screen but that is very rare.

A tribephyl original

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week 2"
I think Carey really got what he wished for.

foonermints - making UGLY sigpics nobody wants

cainiacs 7 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-07, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cainiacs Click to send private message to cainiacs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 2"
did I actually hear trump ask the gay man if he ram rodded his ideas down the throats of his teammates.....

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-07, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week 2"
Good thing he didn't say that to a straight man, cuz we all know that hetero guys never have oral sex with women...

01-15-07, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gymmy139 Click to send private message to gymmy139 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week 2"
Mere coincidence that 2 African-Americans were fired. Carey deserved to be fired after that 'pink' swim-wear blunder. It was a disaster. And quite frankly, I think had it not been for that particular swim-wear, the team would've won. Carey was also too forceful and if you observed the other team members, they did not like his idea but he was too into himself and his idea to notice!!

One Love...

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-16-07, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week 2"
I agree that if Carey's suit hadn't been there then this team would have won or at least had a good chance at it.

Yes, the project manager should have never let that suit go through. But she seemed more focused on motivating her team rather than really leading it as she should have. (motivating people is what she stated to us was her strength as a leader, which is good but can't be your only strength) She motivated her team alright- right back to tent city.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-17-07, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Week 2"
I guess I am going to have to be the one person who disagrees with the firing.
Carey didn't force his ideas on anyone. The project manager herself said that the team was behind his ideas, with maybe one or two dissenters (The guy at the beginning, in the van, and Michelle). No one else, NO ONE else was showing making alternate designs. Carey was the only one who stepped forward to do that, the team accepted his ideas...
Yes, the pink bathing suit was a blunder. But it wasn't solely Carey's blunder. As the PM said, pink is the new black, we all thought it was the right colour.

As to the 'gay thing', it's true that Carey never made any secret of his sexuality, but according to the edit, Trump was the FIRST to bring it up in the boardroom, by saying "Carey, you're a gay man right?" Wow. Extremely unprofessional. Whether a man is gay or not is not a predictor of his taste. Heck, from the German people I know, that suit would have been the rage in Europe, for straight men. Trump outed the guy in a professional (ha ha) setting during a business meeting. If this were the REAL world, I'd say Carey should sue Trump's toupe off. But it's not. It's a special magical hell in which money means you're right.

01-19-07, 03:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Week 2"
I cannot agree that Carey stepped in to do it. If you saw the episode, the second that Mr. Trump outlined the project and each team left in the van, Carey became soooooo excited at a swim-suit design project that he started designing from inside the vehicle. No one else was given a chance to step forward because Carey hugged the entire idea!!!! The weaknesses of the other team members was not being BOLD enough to say outright that that tight skin hugging swim-wear FOR MEN would not cut it. But then again he would have scoffed since he made it clear that his target was homosexual men!!!

Carey deserved to be fired and thumbs up to Donald Trump !!!!

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-18-07, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Week 2"
Michelle should not have been in there. She was a victim of the clique-system which is apparently arising on that team. Tim and Aaron talk like they are in highschool for godsakes. Michelle was the most vocal opponent of Carey's ideas; so Carey and Nicole tried to shift some responsibility on her by asking her about the price point. Michelle didn't vascilate at all, despite what Carey said; she didn't agree with the suits and therefore refused to price them. How is that being indecisive? Carey deserved to be fired, not only for the one horrendous suit, but also for the other two, which ALSO failed to sell much. Here is a tribe that is mostly men, and they couldn't come up with decent male swimsuits? Where was Aaron or Tim or James to say those suits sucked? You have one suit that no straight male outside the French Mediterranean would wear, one that looked like boxers, and one that covered most the leg but clinged in the groin area? ALL 3 were horrible, not just that one. All the men in the tribe deserve some blame. Nicole certainly deserved blame and should have taken more heat. Michelle deserved the most credit for being one of the only disident voices to Carey's horrendous fashion ideas. I think it is obvious that Michelle is falling victim to the fact that she is just older than the other members of her team. She has been out of school too long for Tim, Aaron or Nicole to relate to her.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •