The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

tinkerer 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-10-06, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-06 AT 10:09 PM (EST)

When the kids came in to judge the rooms, they smiled politely at the room that won. When they came in the room which lost, their eyes lit up and they could barely contain their joy and enthusiasm.

Forget about the fancy theories of the Ace people. The kids loved the room which lost. And if I were 14, I'd think it was cooler too.

This damn show is descending into lunacy. Either that, or Trump has gone off the deep end and now believes he can browbeat the audience into believing that black is white, good is bad.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... kidflash212 04-11-06 1
   RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... RonReports 04-11-06 3
 RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... iltarion 04-11-06 2
   RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... realitytvwatcher 04-11-06 5
   RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... pines6217 04-11-06 10
 It was weird... singer 04-11-06 4
   RE: It was weird... kidflash212 04-11-06 6
 RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... nicaragua 04-11-06 7
 RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... LIVEURBESTLIFE 04-11-06 8
   RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... Reality_Tv_fan_90 04-11-06 9
       RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... LIVEURBESTLIFE 04-12-06 11
       RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... kidflash212 04-12-06 12
           RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... halfpintlemon 04-19-06 13
               RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... Twinkles 04-22-06 15
 RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who buil... Casandra 04-20-06 14
   What Did Michael Get From His Meeti... tinkerer 04-23-06 16
       RE: What Did Michael Get From His M... Twinkles 04-25-06 17
           RE: What Did Michael Get From His M... tinkerer 04-25-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-11-06, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-06 AT 02:16 AM (EST)

I have to disagree - sure the kids were more excited by Lenny's room but children don't really always know what's best for themselves. Think about this, offer a group of kids two meals - a extra greasy hamburger, fries and soda with ice cream for dessert or grilled chicken breast, fresh vegetables and fruit cup for dessert. Which meal would the kids be more excited by and which meal would be better for them?

I almost never agree with DT but Lenny room was too one note (not intended as a pun) and Michael's had more varied activities and encouraged the kids to play together more. It was the right decision IMHO.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-11-06, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
>LAST EDITED ON 04-11-06
>AT 02:16 AM (EST)

>
>sure the kids were more excited
>by Lenny's room but ...

Lenny should have mentioned how happy the children were with his team's room. The real reason Lenny's team lost could be that the other team included a plaque that gave credit to Ace Hardware for paying for those improvements, and they even included Ace's idiotic slogan. That said, I agree with the decision to fire Lenny. He should have been prepared to ask the judges good questions at the team's first meeting with them and he should not have said to Trump that he did not value the opinion of the judges.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-11-06, 04:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
And what? Music isn't good for kids? Music isn't collaborative or a team effort??
I completely disagree with the Execs as well. Giving kids access to musical instruments and music is a hell of a lot more beneficial for them than putting them in a room with video games and board games. The execs basically said the room would be too loud in discounting Gold Rush's room.
And what was Carolyn's point? The instruments would be too expensive to replace? Well, and what if that fricking $2000 TV gets broken? Who is going to replace that? And all the pieces to those board games will be lost in a week.
I thought Synergy came up with the least imaginative room ever.
Lenny's idea was clearly the more creative idea. However, Lenny was a terrible leader, and the idea of him being The Apprentice is laughable. He basically played the same role as Brent in this season. They were entertaining, odd characters who had no chance of ever being the Apprentice.

realitytvwatcher 77 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvwatcher Click to send private message to realitytvwatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
Giving kids access to musical instruments was a good idea, however, it was the only idea. It limited the fun to only music. Not all kids are interested in playing an instrument. That was the problem with Lenny's room. The layout of the room wasn't conducive for musical collaboration either The majority of the instruments were setup against the wall. It's obvious that the children would have picked an instrument and sat there alone and played with it.

And what was with the dance floor? Exactly what music were the kids supposed to dance to? Assuming no one has headphones one, the sound of 5 keyboards, 3 drums, and somebody already singing to karaoke would have been great to show off their moves. Apparently, Russia is still playing reruns of "Fame" and Lenny assumes that kids can come into a room and start playing different instruments and make a great song together while the other kids perform a group dance down the dance floor.

That would be a musical collaboration!

pines6217 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-11-06, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pines6217 Click to send private message to pines6217 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
I was so glad someone brought up that HDTV thing - if Carolyn thought $99 was too expensive, I'd hate to see what she gets her own kids for Christmas!

When Lenny first appeared on the show, he seemed like he was full of fire, but on his last two shows it appered more like he was "putting on an act" of not knowing enough English, and then not knowing what to say, etc. - his 180 degree turn of character appeared extremely unnatural - therefore, I'd have to say that this show is "scripted"!!

The judges did say that it was a very tough decision of who won the task - but I think I have a pretty good idea of what was the deciding factor for Synergy's win - the fact that they had the Donald Trump board game on the table!

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-11-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "It was weird..."
that the judges apparently ignored the kids' responses when deciding on the winning project.

In the toy design task from an earlier season (the season when Pamela was on the show), the judges paid close attention to whether the focus group children responded well to the action figures that the teams created. The kid responses informed the judges' decision in picking a winner.

That is why last night's decision seemed kind of subjective and weird to me.

That being said, it was completely right for the viceroys to tell the competing teams to ask sponsors what they wanted. Michael was smart to make this his focus.

--Singer

04-11-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It was weird..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-06 AT 01:14 PM (EST)

The judges did not ignore the childrens responses, they were just looking at the bigger picture. One room had only one activity the kids could engage in while the other room had music but also games, a sitting area and was generally better set up. Gold Rush's room didn't even have any comfortable places to sit - just musical instruments lined up against either wall and a big empty space in the middle. The instruments at the very least should have been turned around so the person playing would face the dance floor not the wall.

nicaragua 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-11-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nicaragua Click to send private message to nicaragua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
I totally agree with you. This show is getting bias. My God, the kids were just so happy and excited about the room that Gold Rush did for them. Beside the point of Lenny not being able to ask questions, his team mates should have stepped up knowing that his command of the english language is not that excellent. Beside, Mr. Trump already express his "dislike" on Lenny so he would defintely not make it as the Apprentice.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-11-06, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
Lenny's room lost because it only included one activity. Children get bored and distracted fairly quickly.

Once they were finished fooling around on the instruments what else would they be able to do. I couldn't imagine kids hanging out in that room once the newness and the excitment wore off. Unless a child is very interested in music many children would not use this room on a regular basis.

The other team's room included activities for all kids no matter what their interest are. If you just want to sit and talk with friends, play music, play boardgames or video games, or just watch tv it was all there. I could see kids hanging out in the winning room everyday.

Reality_Tv_fan_90 75 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-06, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to send private message to Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
I think that maybe the execs should have paid attention to the the kids (basically the consumers) of this product. I think they made the decision on what SEEMED like what the kids would like and not on what they actually liked. The judges thought Synergy's room was better (I actually thought so too). But the kids seemed WAY more impressed by Gold Rush's room. You have to appeal to what your consumers what, not what you think they will want. To me Synergy should've lost SO badly. For me (If i had been an exec) after seeing the kids reactions I would've been like I think Gold Rush should win by a mile.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-06 AT 00:06 AM (EST)

The point of my post is that even though the kids seemed excited you have to look at the long term use of the room. If I don't like playing instruments or get bored with it there is nothing else left to do.

Today they are excited. After playing all the instruments in the room and the newness and excitement wear off. Then what. A room that nobody uses or only uses on occasion. And a bunch of kids complaining that they have nothing to do.

Most kids that I know have varied interest some like playing instruments some like to read still others want to play video games. Most kids like just hanging out with friends and gooofing off.

Being that the consumer is the kids the right room won. The fact that they were excited over the music room only tells me they were excited about something new. It doesnt tell me if they will actually use the room on a regular basis.

Also the boys and girls club is a social organization that attracts many different kinds of kids with varied interest. It is not a musical organization therefore there is probably not an overwhelming number of kids that have only one interest like the music room would suggest.

04-12-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
There are other factors to consider than just the kids reactions - which could have been edited so as to leave some doubt in the viewers mind as to who would win - Bright, shiny, expensive, new musical instruments might illicit a strong response but that doesn't necessarily mean it must be the better room. Children are impulsive and make bad choices all the time. It is the responsibility of adults to teach children and make decisions that the children might not agree with but in the long run are better for them.

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
I think musical instruments are better for kids than a giant screen TV. Even if they are by themselves, it's better for kids to be playing a musical instrument than watching tv or playing the trump board game.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
Lenny lost because he needed to pander to and impress the judges who already had ideas of what mattered for the kids. Their list might have included the first impression factor.

If Lenny has posed "what do you need" questions he wouldn't have created the room that he did. And then he wouldn't have abandoned me to Lenny-less competition. sniff.

As far as his all-music, Wow room, I thought it was a good guess. If they had time to measure interest over time, I bet that karoake would get quite a workout and the dance floor would be a big hit if the kids figured out which music to use for it. My sister can't dance at all and never could but she loves music and during her junior high dances she'd watch all the other kids and come home and tell me all about the latest moves. It's hard to find someone who isn't interested in singing or dancing either they want to do it, think they're great at it, or enjoy spectating.

In the other room there was variety, but kids get bored with everything except maybe themselves. (applies to above music room, too)

I thought the most significant difference between the 2 rooms was the number of seating clusters. The activities were secondary because the kids will lose interest and end up talking if they are sitting in groups, anyway.

I foresee the TV being dominated by the boys and the girls sitting in the other chairs. I wasn't thrilled by the idea of "let's make something that looks girly" for a separate corner, either. It only invites separation, even between types of girls.

I don't know any kids who are excited about board games unless they had Dungeons and Dragons or Warhammer type RPGs.

Eventually it seems kids just laze around. In one room it would be around the tv. In the other, they'd probably regroup the chairs or sit on the floor or leave. I wonder if they have older teens volunteer to help provide some direction in these lounges. Seems like it would really help to have someone hang out who could play but also provide a little direction when needed.

Casandra 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Casandra Click to send private message to Casandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Brain Damage: The Guy Who builds The Room The Kids Love Gets The Ax"
I agree completely with you...brain damage galore this show. The kids loved Lenny's room. The executives were wrong... and Donald should smarten up and start looking like a man who actually makes good decisions, which at this point he doesn't.

I guess it just goes to show you that executives make bad decisions...its why so many community centers fail...dumbasses running them.

I really wish Donald wouldn't have fired Lenny, instead I would love to have heard him saying 'You know what? I think they were wrong, and that its suppose to be for the kids, and those kids picked Lenny!' It would have been nice to see him show why he gets the big bucks for a change.

I just have to mention that Caroline had a nerve saying to Lenny the keyboards at 99 bucks were too expensive. Did she lose her brain somewhere? I was glad Lenny noted to her the other team had a big screen tv an easy 2 grand lady...Caroline lately has not shown me why she has the position she does...given her big time job I expect wayyyyyy more. She really isn't very smart with her remarks this whole show...

The lack of talent, now that Lenny is gone, on the show makes me ask can they actually not hire anyone? I mean omg Andrea is horrible and so stupid...Sean pretentious and dumb as they get and the other women just fawning all over him give women a bad name...Lee is about the only one with a brain but he is a lawyer not a manager...This group is truly the worst of the worst as I said here before. (And thanks for those who replied and agreed!) Donald, Cut your losses now...lol the show made you money, but you don't have to have some dumb bell working for you, I think you have enough of them...

Hey Bill how do you spell lapdog? lol

Cas

04-23-06, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "What Did Michael Get From His Meeting With The Execs?"
If Lenny has posed "what do you need" questions he wouldn't have created the room that he did. And then he wouldn't have abandoned me to Lenny-less competition. sniff. Twinkles

Michael has gotten credit for meeting with the execs of Ace and the Boys & Girls Clubs for 45 minutes and using that in his room. My question is: did anyone actually hear him get any useful information from these people? I sure didn't.

Trump has been hitting on the same theme for several seasons: you have to get an idea what the company, (judges), want so you can give it to them. Well, I sure didn't hear any execs tell Michael, "We want the room to have multiple purposes, not just one purpose", or any words to that effect. All I heard from Michael's meeting was blather about the program, and their hopes for the program in meeting the needs of kids, etc etc. All generalizations.

If there were any snatches of conversation where one of the execs told Michael of the need to have multiple activities in the room, it was not emphasized. And you can be sure that bit WOULD be emphasized, for Trump has been amplifying for years the necessity of finding out what the customer wants.

By all evidence, Michael and his team came up with the idea of multiple purposes for the room by themselves, not from anything the execs said. Trump just harped on Michael's 45 minute meeting with the execs as a cover to counterbalance the fact the kids liked Lenny's room much, much better. Trump was trying to give the viewer the impression Michael deserved to win because he found out specifically what the execs wanted and gave it to them, when in fact Michael apparently left the meeting without any specific ideas of what the executives wanted at all.

Which brings us to the reason Lenny did not spend much time with the execs. Lenny is a man of action. We saw him get up and leave a meeting Lee was having about the right way to do text messaging in order to hit the street and get people text messaging. Lenny doesn't waste time blathering, he goes right to work.

When, in the first five minutes of the meeting woth the execs, Lenny ascertained that no really specific guidelines were going to be forthcoming as to what they wanted the room to look like, Lenny didn't have anything more to say.

Maybe it wasn't great form, and could have been done smoother, but the fact remains that I saw no evidence that Michael got any more specific ideas or info from the execs in his 45 minutes than Lenny got in his 5 minutes.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 03:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What Did Michael Get From His Meeting With The Execs?"
I thought I heard him get the ideas for interaction between the kids. The execs talked about interactivity being a priority. I remember scanning through the room and thinking - oh look, they're meeting the requirements by having all those things to do. Perhaps I inferred it from the priorities they stated but it sounded clear to me.

We didn't hear them specify which activities, though.

They also gave Ace Hardware credit with the sign, which is something they got from the meeting.

I realize that meeting went poorly because it droned on endlessly and could have been the achilles heel for them if the room itself had been poor. After the first few informative statements of the execs the editing seemed to be done for the effect of showing how poorly Michael was getting signals to end the meeting.

04-25-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
18. "RE: What Did Michael Get From His Meeting With The Execs?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 09:13 AM (EST)

I don't know if interaction betyween the kids necessarily translates into multiple activities in the room. Kids can all interact doing one activity, and inded interaction can be used to justify a music room.

I wouldn't expect the execs to come right out and say which activities, I'm sure they were cautioned to not to get too specific in their meeting. It is the Apprentice candidates' job to come up with the room, after all. Although I think some well phrased questions might have gotten them somewhat closer to specific.

If Michael elicited from the execs the idea of multiple activities, then he definitely deserves credit for largely being responsible for the win, even if he did need a push from someone else to get it done on time. As it stands, even if the decision to go multi-activity was made by the team, it was made under Michael's direction at the beginning, so he gets credit for it anyway.

Since Trump has been emphasizing the need to pay attention to what the execs say for years, and Michael won because his room was multiple purpose and Lenny's wasn't, then I would be very, very sure the editing would show-even emphasize-the part where the execs told him or implied a multiple purpose room. All the other times the Project Manager lost because he didn't pay attention to the execs, the clip where they told him what they wanted was brought out front. So I would think it is a good bet that the execs never said that, or else we would have seen it.

Just as an aftermath, I do believe Andrea's running down of Michael for a winning effort was the major component of her trip home the first time the team lost. So in a sense, Michael gets sweet revenge-he only had to change teams, Andrea's out of the running.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •