The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bryce??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Keepsitreal 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-04-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Keepsitreal Click to send private message to Keepsitreal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bryce??"
I see many posters praising Bryce for trying to get tough with Trump and identifying him as something special.

I'm wondering if I'm watching the same show as everyone else or whether the quality of the candidates is just so bad that we see not-so-bad as good...

Bryce has proven in earlier episodes to be a ill-tempered and overly-macho'ed kind of guy. Remember when he got aggressively angry with Lenny in the episode where he had to get the generator? He spend the whole task following the PM around while Lenny was setting up the entire outdoor area, the least he could do was make the one phone call to get the generator. I remember thinking after that task that he might be the worst of the candidates... a hot-headed, frat-boy who I couldn't wait to self-destruct.

Self-destruct he did too. He lost his temper in the board room and I think Trump could have really made him look silly if he had wanted to. Bryce was so mad, he couldn't put together a coherent thought towards the end last night... I think Trump took it easy on him. Bryce talked himself into the realization that he was indeed the correct one to be fired, which Carolyn pointed out so well... even if folks felt she was dumping on him.

He was not a good apprentice candidate... and the right guy was fired last night.

He doesn't hold a candle to the past winners in temperment, poise, intelligence or ability. Unfortunately, none of the other candidates this season do either.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bryce?? Wacko Jacko 04-04-06 1
   RE: Bryce?? Keepsitreal 04-04-06 2
 RE: Bryce?? LIVEURBESTLIFE 04-04-06 3
 Locking - duplicate topic Bebo 04-04-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-04-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bryce??"
We can all disagree. The argument many are making is that Trump condones people to not offer ideas or do any work while he also condones Project Manager's to throw those doing the work under the bus.

I ask you, if you were asked to write a song could you do as good of a job as these people did? I don't know what you do, but I work in marketing and I would sure as heck hate being fired because I didn't write a good jingle.

Charmaine and Tarek stepped up. So did the girl who no one knows her name. The project manager unified a team that was falling a part. Lenny tried but his ideas weren't good. And Lee took the day off for religious beliefs. Hard to pick the right person. Personally I think none of them should've been fired. They all did there job writing a decent song considering I bet none of them had ever done this before. Arby's would never hire a person with no jingle writing to write one and Trump never should ask people to do something he would not do himself. I bet Trump never wrote a jingle in his life. I bet none of Trumps Executive are ever required to write one...so why is this non-sense happening here. I say Bryce should not of been fired because his team wrote a nice jingle considering and he unified a team that no one else has been able to do.

Keepsitreal 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-04-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Keepsitreal Click to send private message to Keepsitreal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bryce??"
I don't think Trump can be held accountable for many of the inconsistencies that seem to pop up on the show. Even though similar, every one of the situations is actually different and should have varying conclusions. Trump also uses varying reasons to weed out candidates he doesn't feel would mesh in his organization... although viewers may disagree with him.

Yes, the jingle-writing was a silly task... but then again, are any of the apprentice tasks realistic? They aren't displaying true skills, but they do display true character.

Since the experience is about whittling down to one final candidate, it wouldn't serve the show well to have a week where no one was fired. A team lost, someone will be fired! In this particular episode, the team actually did perform. If Bryce had brought the other two "performers" into the boardroom, niether of them would have been fired... it still would have been Bryce. Throughout the series, being project manager increases your chances of being fired. It may be unfair, but a series of wins as project manager also positions a person well at the end of the series. With high risk... high reward.

What would have made this week really hard to judge would have been if they had been on time to that meeting.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-04-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bryce??"
Personally, I think Bryce is an ok leader but he is not a good player of the Apprentice game.

Someone from the losing team has to be fired. Since everyone did well this time around Bryce should have brought back people who have been poor performers overall.

Someone has to go and since everyone performed well on the task the next obvious option is to look at overall performance.

Bryce knew Lee wouldn't be fired that's why he brought him in. Bryce was hoping Trump would fire Lenny since Trump said last week that Lenny was on thin ice.

Even though Bryce looks noble he still tried to throw Lenny under the bus. Lenny and Lee were not the reason the task was lost.
Bryce lost focus of the game.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Locking - duplicate topic"
When there's already a discussion of a contestant going on, please join the existing discussion instead of starting a new thread.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •