The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Donald Copying Martha's Style"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-13-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Donald Copying Martha's Style"
Has anyone noticed that this season of the Apprentice borrowed some of the elements from the Martha Stewart Apprentice?

For Example:
He has his daughter on the show-- Martha had her daughter on her show

The rewards are more community based instead of indulgent-- Most of Martha's rewards were some activity that gave back to the community

Besides these two things I can't think of anything else. But then again I have only seen 1 episode of the new season.

I liked Martha's show. Considering the put downs he gave Martha I am surprised he would copy her show.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Donald Copying Martha's Sty... newsomewayne 03-14-06 1
 RE: The Donald Copying Martha's Sty... RonReports 03-14-06 2
 RE: The Donald Copying Martha's Sty... LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-14-06 3
   RE: The Donald Copying Martha's Sty... newsomewayne 03-14-06 4
       RE: The Donald Copying Martha's Sty... ARnutz 03-14-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-06, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Donald Copying Martha's Style"
Since, apparently, noone but you watched Martha's show, then I would say no, noone has noticed similarities (if any) between the two shows.

And actually, I think your comparisons are pretty weak. Ivanka was on a show, big deal. And the rewards being more community focused? Let's see: 1. Lunch with Donald. 2. Career gear giveaway. 3. Swimming with sharks. That's one out of three. Unless you want to count the possibility of Brent being eaten by sharks as community service, I think you're severely lacking in evidence to make this assumption.

You may be right, though. But this season has only just begun. We've only seen three episodes (or fewer). That's too early to make these "comparisons".

Exorcised by Syren, 2005

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-14-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Donald Copying Martha's Style"
Now that they aired another episode, we see that even Martha Stewart's rewards were much better than Trump's rewards for the past two episodes. "Swimming with the sharks" does nothing for the community and it does nothing much for the team. Maybe Trump wanted more variety in his rewards but there should be something good about a reward. Not being sent to the board room was the real reward but the winning team deserves at least a meal with Trump or his assistants. Besides the food, they and we could possibly hear something interesting.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-14-06, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Donald Copying Martha's Style"
At the time of my post I had only seen one episode and I noticed the similarites immediately. Like one of you mentioned noone else would notice since noone really watched Martha's show except me.

Martha also had a "reward" of spending the day with her. The winners toured her home, had lunch or breakfast with her, and got to ask her questions and whatnot.

So thank you to the poster who supplied me with another similarity.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-06, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Donald Copying Martha's Style"
Actually, then, that would be Martha copying the Donald, as Donald has done this many times over the last 4.2 seasons.

Exorcised by Syren, 2005

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Donald Copying Martha's Style"
Yep! You are correct, Wayne! In one season (was it 1 or 2? It was the one with Jenn C.), the reward was dinner in Donald's apartment with him & Melania. Of course, there have been many other dinners with Donald at various places. At least one each season.

Also... As I recall, every season of the Apprentice has had at least one reward, or sometimes a task, that had to do with community service (I can't recall what they were offhand, but I know they happened). So therefore, Trump is not copying there either.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •