The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Next Apprentice Spin-Off Hugh Heffner???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-25-05, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Next Apprentice Spin-Off Hugh Heffner???"
Who thinks this one would be more successful than Martha's spin-off?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Next Apprentice Spin-Off Hugh H... Estee 12-26-05 1
   RE: Next Apprentice Spin-Off Hugh H... lrlr1 12-26-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-26-05, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Next Apprentice Spin-Off Hugh Heffner???"
PTC, line two...

NBC would never put it on the air. FOX might, but it's hard to see Mark Burnett dealing with two different networks for what would essentually be the same series. E! would grab it in a heartbeat.

Beyond the sex, sex, and did we mention bikinis? aspect to drive up the ratings, the show would have a few problems. Playboy's just not that big an enterprise. They have a magazine and they have a DVD division, plus maybe a few licensed shirts, lighters, and a small in-house book publisher. I think that's about it. As such, the prospective winner really doesn't have much to take over. With Donald and Martha, there was always another division or project to shove a new hire into. With Hugh, not so much. It also sharply limits the tasks the contestants can work on, especially in a business-related aspect. Magazine layout, sure, coordinate a model show, okay, tinker with an ad to get it to magazine standards, fine -- and then you're in trouble.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-26-05, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Next Apprentice Spin-Off Hugh Heffner???"
And who would say "You're fired!"? The over-the-hill and pretty much retired Hugh? Or his daughter, who actually runs the businesses that carry her father's name? Not much celebrity-driven drama there.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •