The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Trump showed great character in the finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-17-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Trump showed great character in the finale"
Example 1. Standing behind Randall's wishes.

Though I can't believe Randall was so selfish and insecure after he had already won, I agree with Trump's decision to stick by his man. For a guy with his name on everything he does (from Trump buildings to Trump water), Trump showed that he listens to his people and stands behind them. These are traits that everyone wants in their boss. Kudos to Trump for supporting his new employee Randall on Randall's first day on the job.

Example 2. Pointing out that Yahoo should make a nice donation.

This is also a defense of Rebecca btw. There is a critical difference between Yahoo and Outback Steakhouse - the corporate sponsors for Rebecca and Randall's events respectively. Yahoo's clients (the people who pay yahoo the big bucks) are corporate chiefs and heads of marketing for big companies that pay Yahoo millions of dollars for advertising placement on their site. Outback Steakhouse's customers are typical people off the street who are in the mood for steak. Consequently Yahoo needed to demand that Rebecca not openly solicit their premier clients on a special night out. At Randall's event, the donators were people off the street that had no special standing with the sponsor Outback. I wish Rebecca had done this but Trump made the right call and didn't bash Rebecca for not raising money at the event. Trump recognized the difference in the two events and rightly called for Yahoo to make a donation. Yahoo listened to Trump since Trump was completely in the right.

Example 3. Bashing Toral (maybe not great character but great salesmanship)

Trump recognizes that you need a villain to make great Reality TV. Even though most of us don't care about Toral aymore, Trump constantly points out Toral's evilness to remind his audience of the drama on his show. Martha could take a pointer here from DT.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Trump showed great character in... i_hate_alla 12-17-05 1
 RE: Trump showed great character in... jbeans 12-17-05 2
   RE: Trump showed great character in... freakusmaximus 12-17-05 3
       RE: Trump showed great character in... i_hate_alla 12-17-05 4
           RE: Trump showed great character in... prosecutor 12-17-05 5
 RE: Trump showed great character in... DooWahDitty 12-17-05 6
   RE: Trump showed great character in... singer 12-17-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

i_hate_alla 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-17-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail i_hate_alla Click to send private message to i_hate_alla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Trump showed great character in the finale"
Very good points. And once again, I think it was very clear that he really liked both Randal and Rebecca equally. I, for one, wish he had just hired them both instead of putting it on Randal (who now looks bad to a lot of people)...but, oh, well.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbeans 11 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbeans Click to send private message to jbeans Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Trump showed great character in the finale"
Why should have Randal after repeativly explaining to Trump why he should NOT hire Rebecca have changed his mind in the end? Rebecca was not experience enough or a good enough leader for the job. Randal being named the apprentice did not change that fact. I admire him for standing by he word.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-17-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Trump showed great character in the finale"
Thats really not addressing my point about Trump but since you asked - it looked like Randall and Rebecca had a friendship all along. Randall got into a fierce kill or be killed mode which is OK but not really magnanimous. Randall would have really won over the crowd by asking DT to hire Rebecca too.

But my main point - again - is that Trump was a stud on live TV. He is successful not only because of his background but because of his great salesmanship and character.

i_hate_alla 20 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail i_hate_alla Click to send private message to i_hate_alla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Trump showed great character in the finale"
You're right that he did the respectable thing by standing by Randal's wishes. I just wish we knew what he was really thinking when Randal said "no" to Rebecca. Trump didn't get his way that night...but he rolled with it anyway. Which, again, backs up what you're saying.

I have to admit, though, I hope Trump is sorry he lost Rebecca. I believe he is.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-17-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Trump showed great character in the finale"
I saw Trump and Melania on the TV show Extra, Trump said he was all set to hire Rebecca as well. He also patted Randall on the shoulder and said he was proud of him. DT also looked like he wished he had just said both of you are hired all two are hired.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-17-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Trump showed great character in the finale"
Trump can turn on the charm, the common decency and pull decent sound bytes, and it seems he did that on at least one show yesterday. (Extra)

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-17-05, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Trump showed great character in the finale"
I.Abhor.The Donald.

--Singer

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •