The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-16-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Why is everybody saying that Rebecca didn't raise any money? The Yahoo Executives were so impressed by her work that they came to The Season Finale to donate a huge sum of money to charity. The amount donated should be considered to be the amount of money that Rebecca raised.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money ctechic 12-16-05 1
   RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money i_hate_alla 12-16-05 13
       RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money Oscirus 12-16-05 14
           RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money i_hate_alla 12-16-05 15
               RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money Oscirus 12-16-05 18
       RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money Donald Chump 12-16-05 21
           RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money smackermack 12-17-05 25
               RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money Donald Chump 12-17-05 27
                   RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money smackermack 12-19-05 36
           RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money sortinghat 12-18-05 30
               RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money tannl 12-18-05 31
                   RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money i_hate_alla 12-18-05 32
                       RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money CantStandToLook 12-19-05 33
                       RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money tannl 12-19-05 35
 RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money LakerLuv 12-16-05 2
   RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money MasterTech 12-16-05 9
   RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money rojo 12-16-05 16
 RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money shanana banana 12-16-05 3
 RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money Dr_Carla 12-16-05 4
 RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money FairfaxLadybug 12-16-05 5
 RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money CantStandToLook 12-16-05 6
   RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money lindan 12-16-05 7
       RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money ARnutz 12-16-05 8
       RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money geg6 12-16-05 10
           RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money Superduper 12-16-05 20
               RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money syren 12-16-05 22
       RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money shabalaba 12-16-05 11
 RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money brainerd 12-16-05 12
   RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money jbeans 12-16-05 17
       RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money Voltec 12-16-05 19
           RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money Cate 12-16-05 23
 RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money sheplu 12-16-05 24
   RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money mysticwolf 12-17-05 26
       RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money D Trump 12-17-05 28
 RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money sortinghat 12-18-05 29
   RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money D Trump 12-19-05 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ctechic 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ctechic Click to send private message to ctechic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
The event was a charity fundraiser sponsored by Yahoo for Gleaser's Aids Foundation.The purpose of the fundraiser was to raise money and awareness..At the end of the day, NO MONEY WAS RAISED because more attention was given to YaHoo and not the foundation...at the end Yahoo decided to donate $100,000 to be divided between both fundraisers...And if you watched the show you would have heard Donald Trump tell Rebecca that she didn't raise any money...and something to the extent that YAHOO should donate money to the foundation to save face.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

i_hate_alla 20 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail i_hate_alla Click to send private message to i_hate_alla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
I just can't BELIEVE that all of those "big execs" made off with the gift bags and not a ONE sent in money in the envelopes that were provided.

Rebecca had very precise communication with the Yahoo people who made it CLEAR that no one was to ask for donations. Now, what the heck was she supposed to do? Ask anyway??? Yeah, easy for us to say.

The EVENT was the task. The fact that no one opened up their wallet was not Rebecca's fault.

Randal pulled off his event in the end. Which was a complete freakin' SURPRISE. Lucky for him it rained and he ended up with an in-your-face auction. The ENTIRE time Randal made the Outback people and the Autism Speaks people very uneasy and doubtful.

Rebecca, on the other hand, was a smooth, cool and tough cookie. She's a class act. And like Chris said, she's the oldest 23-year-old he's ever met. This was Trump's loss, not hers.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-16-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Randal had the same problem and he had a donation jug anyway.

-Rebecca, on the other hand, was a smooth, cool and tough cookie

I would be smooth and tough too if I had Chris and James doing all of my work for me.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

12-16-05, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail i_hate_alla Click to send private message to i_hate_alla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
What same problem did Randal have? Outback didn't want him to ask for money?? wrong.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-16-05, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Were you even watching the show? Josh confirmed this in the boardroom. So unless you are Outback then you are WRONG.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-16-05, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
>I just can't BELIEVE that all of those "big execs" made off
>with the gift bags and not a ONE sent in money in the envelopes that were provided.

I'm sure thousands of dollars were donated via those mail-in envelopes. Probably more than Randal's $11000. The trouble is that they didn't have a way to track the mailed-in donations back to people who were at the specific charity benefit.

The charity probably receives thousands of mail-in donations every month, and the volunteers or employees who handle the incoming checks most likely were NOT trying to identify which ones came from people who were at that Apprentice event. They probably couldn't identify them if they tried, and it wouldn't be a good use of their time.

Whatever Rebecca raised for them, I'm sure it's more than $0. We'll just never know how much.

smackermack 93 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smackermack Click to send private message to smackermack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
It actually would have been very easy - Write Apprentice on each of the envelopes. And then those that came in in the Apprentice envelopes could have been counted towards her total.

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
It would have been doable if the charity wanted to track it. But to do so would mean having to tell the charity's staff to deviate from their normal procedures and look at every envelope to note whether it came from The Apprentice, instead of doing their usual thing of opening as many envelopes as fast as possible and dumping the envelopes after the contents are removed. They aren't going to want to make their envelope-receiving process slower and more expensive just because Rebecca (with pressure from Yahoo) decided to handle the donations in that way.

It would have also been tacky (and bad PR) for Yahoo or Trump to tell the charity to look out for the Apprentice envelopes.

smackermack 93 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smackermack Click to send private message to smackermack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
I am sure that they have done that with other benefits in the past. I used to work at a non-profit in the accounting department and if we had some special thing to keep track of, the mailroom sorted out the special designation envelopes. Easy as pie.

sortinghat 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-18-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sortinghat Click to send private message to sortinghat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Oh sure, I'll bet people donated untold millions with those mail-in envelopes. Why did Randal bother having a silent auction, asking people for donations, etc., when he could have raised even more money by silently hiding some donation envelopes in the gift bags that they handed out to people as they left? I'm sure the busy VIP's and celebrities went through the gift bags as soon as they got home, saw the envelopes, and were grateful that they could donate money anonymously to the foundation, instead of suffering the embarrassment of giving generously to a worthy cause on national television. I'm sure no one donated extra money to Randal's cause when they got home from HIS event.

tannl 93 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tannl Click to send private message to tannl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
I agree.

I am not surprised that Rebecca did not raise any money for the charity. She conducted the whole affair as a tribute to “Yahoo” the corporation. Very little focus was on the charity. Therefore, no one gave any money. Can you blame them? Who would open up their wallets to give to Yahoo, which is a multibillion-dollar company?

12-18-05, 10:35 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
But weren't they mostly if not all Yahoo execs? I'm sure they knew why they were there and that their money wouldn't have been going to Yahoo.

I think it's just "out of sight, out of mind" at charity events I'm sorry to say. Once they leave and go back to their lives, it doesn't occur to most people to donate after the fact.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-19-05, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
The people at the Yahoo event were not necessarily Yahoo execs. They were VIP clients that spend millions with Yahoo yearly. While not outright soliciting, I think Rebeccas would have done much better to make the envelopes available on the way in or at a drop box or something.

I can't imagine too many of the VIP's really paying much attention to the bags and thus donation envelopes for a day or so after the event.

tannl 93 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-05, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tannl Click to send private message to tannl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
>But weren't they mostly if not
>all Yahoo execs? I'm
>sure they knew why they
>were there and that their
>money wouldn't have been going
>to Yahoo.
>
>I think it's just "out of
>sight, out of mind" at
>charity events I'm sorry to
>say. Once they leave
>and go back to their
>lives, it doesn't occur to
>most people to donate after
>the fact.

True. The event was so pro-Yahoo, that the true purpose for them being there was lost. Most employees go to corporate sponsored events for the free food, entertainment and break from their workday. Since there were no outright reminders and/or solicitations done for the charity, the workers did not feel the need to contribute anything. Apparently, they all acted as if the event were another corporate freebie.

LakerLuv 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
That's a stretch. Yahoo was embarrassed because the Apprentice team did exactly what they asked and it resulted in $0.00 for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids foundation. Donald Trump shamed them into giving that money. The final tasks were over weeks ago and Yahoo could have given that money at any time. Why on the finale night? Shame, plain and simple.

MasterTech 57 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MasterTech Click to send private message to MasterTech Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
<<The final tasks were over weeks ago and Yahoo could have given that money at any time. Why on the finale night? Shame, plain and simple.>>

If they had donated the money weeks before, they wouldn't reap any face time on national television, so it wasn't merely shame that caused them to do it.

rojo 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rojo Click to send private message to rojo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
And just how do you know they raised $.00? Do you know exactly how many people wrote a check when they got home and mailed it in the envelope provided.

This Rebecca didn't raise any money stuff is baloney. Nobody knows exact numbers but I guarantee some money was raised.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-16-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Please --- Yahoo only donated that money to look like the good guys at the end, *after* George trashed them on TV for dictating to the candidates NOT to raise money at the event, and then Trump shames them on TV in the boardroom by saying they better donate money. And lo and behold.....months later, on live TV, Yahoo finally makes a donation to cover their very unsuccessful charity event!! Rebecca didn't raise the money --- Yahoo covered her @ss after the fact. The competition was over.

Dr_Carla 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dr_Carla Click to send private message to Dr_Carla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
I agree, I believe Yahoo is responding to the comment by Trump that they should contribute.
It would be interesting to see, however, how many people do send in those envelopes and how much money ultimately came from the event.
http://spaces.msn.com/members/CarlaPfeiffer/

FairfaxLadybug 21 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FairfaxLadybug Click to send private message to FairfaxLadybug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
>Why is everybody saying that Rebecca
>didn't raise any money?
>The Yahoo Executives were so
>impressed by her work that
>they came to The Season
>Finale to donate a huge
>sum of money to charity.
> The amount donated should
>be considered to be the
>amount of money that Rebecca
>raised.

Simple minded comment. Obviously you missed the big picture. They were EMBARRASSED! Who throws a charity event but doesn't ask for money? They were shamed into doing something. The Yahoo! executives looked stupid!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Assuming I accept your argument.

Rebecca raised $0 the night of her event and Yahoo gave her $50,000 after the fact.

Randall raised $11,000 the night of her even and Yahoo gave him $50,000 after the fact also.

The score is still $61,000 to $50,000 and Randall still wins the Final Task.

That's right , you're fired..get out already

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-16-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
The argument is never a question of who has raised more money. The argument is that Rebecca did not rasied $0.

Rebecca did a great job at the event, which is one of the reason why Yahoo has to make a donation at the end. As other posters have mentioned, shame and guilt are other reasons, but the bottom line is that she still raised money for the charity.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Rebecca did a great job of providing Yahoo! employees with entertainment and a Yahoo! themed party/pep-rally. The event was not supposed to be a corporate fluff your tailfeathers event.

Her task was the "Yahoo! All-Star Comedy Benefit for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation". In my opinion benefit implies that the event is specifically designed for the charity and the money is raised at the event, not months later (for whatever reason)!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Nothing Rebecca did raised one cent for pediatric AIDS. It was the embarrassing comments by George and Trump that made Yahoo! make the donation. And even using your completely flawed logic, Randal still kicked her arse because when all is said and done he got $61,000 for his charity. Hmmmm, that would still have him with $11,000 more than Rebecca.

Guess Randal still wins! So sorry!

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Superduper 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Superduper Click to send private message to Superduper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Hmmm... not so fast there, lets do the math again.

Rebecca raised $50,000 for her charity
Rebecca raised $50,000 for HIS charity
Randal raised $11,000 for his charity

Rebecca not only raised $50K for her own, she also raised $50K for his as well.

She not only beat him by raising $50K against his $11K

She also beat him at his own chgarity and she wasn't even there.

He raised $11K for his and she also raised $50K for his.

Even without the comments from Trump and George, Yahoo would have donated the money anyway because Rebecca did such a wonderful job and followed instructions.

It would not surprise me that when all of the donations that come back will also total much more than Randal's.

He embarresed Trump in front of national Television and he also embarressed himself and the black race as well.

Imagine when he is side by side by Trump and onlookers look at him with disscust and look at Trump as if he is an idiot for hiring him. Do you think people are going to trust a man of that character with their money?

I would be willing to bet that trump is regreating this decision and it would be in his best interest to find a way to get rid of him as quickly as possible.

>is said and done he
>got $61,000 for his charity.
> Hmmmm, that would still
>have him with $11,000 more
>than Rebecca.
>
>Guess Randal still wins! So
>sorry!
>
>
>I'm such a slut for the
>blues.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Okay, I am missing something. Could you please explain how it is seen that she raised the money for his charity, when Yahoo was the one giving the money out of shame? Them giving it out of shame, to save face, does not count as her raising the money, no matter how you look at it. They were trying to save face, because they looked so bad not being able to donate money to pediatric aids. Still leaves her with $0 raised on her own, by her own good work. She failed, and the gave the charity money anyway. That is not her raising the money.

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-16-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
>>Rebecca did a great job at
>the event, which is one
>of the reason why Yahoo
>has to make a donation
>at the end.

Actually, it was a CHARITY event....to raise money for CHARITY. Yes, Rebecca did a great job, as Carolyn stated, in underscoring YAHOO complete with "Yahoo-tinis", purple ice, purple gift bags, etc; BUT the FOCUS was on the CHARITY.
Yahoo made a PUBLIC donation for the attention, for the "Look at US, WE donated $$$" accolades, and finally to save face for rebuking the idea of asking for money (Heaven forbid!) at a charity event!

As of yet, as far as I know, the total sum of funds raised from mailed in donations is still in question...so in answer to the original post/subject line: We really do NOT know if Rebecca "raised A LOT of money".

brainerd 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-16-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brainerd Click to send private message to brainerd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
What was hilarious was George getting toasted by the Yahoo comedians... and was that his wife? cMon George... take some tips from the Trumpster.
It was almost like it was preplanned by the yuk yukkers.
You know he was a bit annoyed although he laughed along.

jbeans 11 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbeans Click to send private message to jbeans Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Rebecca did not raise squat. I am sure they spent $50,000 on the party intending to raise money from rich folks, so for Yahoo it was a double loss.

Voltec 73 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Voltec Click to send private message to Voltec Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
You don't seriously think that all of those execs went to that charity event, went home and threw those envelopes away? I was expecting to hear the total of the mailed donations last night in the live version. We will hear the total soon - it was announced in another thread that the charity will be announcing the total mailed in.

Cate 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cate Click to send private message to Cate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
< You don't seriously think that all of those execs went to that charity event, went home and threw those envelopes away? I was expecting to hear the total of the mailed donations last night in the live version. We will hear the total soon - it was announced in another thread that the charity will be announcing the total mailed in. >

I'm glad to hear that they're going to announce her total. I kept screaming at the TV "What about those envelopes?"

The problem for this contest was that her strategy wasn't about instant gratification. Which this show seems to be focusing on.

sheplu 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-16-05, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sheplu Click to send private message to sheplu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 10:26 PM (EST)

DT - demanded Yahoo make a solid donation. It was not a refection on Rebecca. Also any money donated by those VIPs is now tainted because of the controvercy surrounding it. That is why contests have a time limit. They can not go forever. The idea was to give them an envelope to give money before they leave. Anyone who does fund raisers know that the time to get the money is Now.

Who would not be impressed when you are the one getting all of the attention. Everything Yahoo wanted they got. She ignored the AIDs Foundation. What kind of integrity is that. Because she wanted to win she ignored the fact that she had a responsibility to the AIDs foundation.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
I see your point, and I agree that under normal circumstances (read a real charity event) the envelopes would have, minimally, been passed out at the beginning (or at least made available througout with reminders of their availability).

But, in reality, this was not an AIDS foundation benefit. Yes, that's what it was touted to be. It's what it should have been. But it was a Yahoo! event. Rebecca was hired by Yahoo!. Yahoo! paid for everything there. Yahoo! compiled the invitation list. And, that makes Yahoo!, not the AIDS foundation, Rebecca's client.

The mistake of not actually fund raising at the event was a Yahoo! mistake, imo. As they said they'd never done such an event before, Rebecca did have the responsibility of at least addressing it. But, I think she and her team did try to address it, and were shut down by the Yahoo! execs. more than once. Perhaps they will learn from the experience and, if they ever do another, they will allow their event coordinator to do it correctly.

Bad Wolf! by PM

D Trump 50 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail D%20Trump Click to send private message to D%20Trump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Rebecca's hot and I want to spank her.

sortinghat 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sortinghat Click to send private message to sortinghat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Yes, due to her incompetence at raising money, and her failure to realize the point of the task, the Yahoo executives were so embarassed at looking like cheapskates on national television that they were shamed into giving a large amount of money to her charity. If you want to add that to Rebecca's total, be my guest.

D Trump 50 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-05, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail D%20Trump Click to send private message to D%20Trump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Rebecca Raised A LOT of money"
Rebecca is a good looking girl with a lot of potential and Trump wanted to bang her.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •