The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-16-05, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Remember the ballyhoo about Trump's BIG surprise? From the TAPED edit on the show, it was clearly to name R&R joint apprentices. On TAPE, R & R were equal on everything. But in the LIVE (thank God for live!) portion, things took a different turn.

Everyone with the exception of the incompetent friend, Toral, said Randal was better at everything than Rebecca (it turns out that only DT and people on the Message Boards actually liked Rebecca). And Alla said what many have been saying all along: Rebecca is not even in the same class as Randal! But the topper was when Randal looked back at the losing wannabes and said: "Everybody who thinks I should be the SOLE apprentice, stand up!" and hot diggity, they stood up (cute how the crew never put the spotlight on the wannabes, wasn't it? Still, I saw the outlines of those standing, plus if they hadn't stood, DT would have, if not shown them, made some comment that only Randal's team stood up. ROFLMAO!)

But why do I say Trump got Trumped? Because, IMO (and obviously half of this board), Trump wanted joint apprenticeships, but even he couldn't discredit Randal's clear superiority (especially after no one other than Toral, the buddy Incompetent, supported Rebecca). So what did he do? He declared Randal the Apprentice.

But DT had a "Plan B" trick up his sleeve. Randal, of course, elated, ran over to garner the hugs and congrats of the losers. THEN, while Randal is rejoicing and in the throes of elation, Trump asks Randal, if he were Trump, would he hire Rebecca?! Now of course, happy people are generous, so imagine Trump's surprise when Randal says, "This is the Apprentice, not the Apprentii!" WOOOO!!!!

So the upshot is that DT thought he was slick - he would get Randal to do his dirty work for him as in a magnanimous spirit, Randal would say, "Sure, I'd hire her."

He got Trumped!

For all his 'niceness', Randal proved to be the tougher competitor. "This is the Apprentice," he says, "not the Apprentii!" You go, Randal!

P.S. Not only is Randal going to make Trump HUGE amounts of money, but not to worry about Rebecca, either. She's a reporter for Crain's Business Review, a small trade newspaper in the Midwest, making no more than $30,000/year. Trump is most definitely going to offer her a job -- just not as his Apprentice!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... kashanti 12-16-05 1
   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 2
       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... maxer 12-16-05 3
           RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 17
           RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... OklaBlue 12-16-05 63
       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... mythmargaret 12-16-05 6
           RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 16
           RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... Kelly Dawn 12-16-05 56
               RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 57
       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... MizJazmine 12-16-05 10
           RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... singer 12-16-05 27
               RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... MizJazmine 12-17-05 69
                   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... singer 12-20-05 70
 RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... CantStandToLook 12-16-05 4
   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... maxer 12-16-05 5
       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... CantStandToLook 12-16-05 7
           RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... maxer 12-16-05 8
               RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... alyse73 12-16-05 9
                   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... N305AS 12-16-05 13
                       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 59
                           RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... corinthian10 12-17-05 68
                       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... corinthian10 12-17-05 67
                   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... singer 12-16-05 29
               RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... CantStandToLook 12-16-05 11
                   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... maxer 12-16-05 12
                       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... CantStandToLook 12-16-05 14
                       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... singer 12-16-05 30
                       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 38
                   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... buckeyegirl 12-16-05 24
               RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... cycles2k 12-16-05 15
               RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 37
 RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... shanana banana 12-16-05 18
   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... ScorpioRising 12-16-05 20
   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... justcallmemom 12-16-05 21
       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 39
 RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... Dr_Carla 12-16-05 19
 RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... vickis 12-16-05 22
   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... justcallmemom 12-16-05 23
       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... vickis 12-16-05 26
           RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... justcallmemom 12-16-05 28
               RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 41
           RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 40
   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... singer 12-16-05 32
 RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... NanaWolf 12-16-05 25
   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... broncbuster 12-16-05 31
       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... Ren Fisk 12-16-05 33
       RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-16-05 43
   Did Randal do the right thing? Flairmarq 12-16-05 34
       RE: Did Randal do the right thing? justcallmemom 12-16-05 35
           RE: Did Randal do the right thing? DooWahDitty 12-16-05 36
       RE: Did Randal do the right thing? joeshmoe 12-16-05 42
           RE: Did Randal do the right thing? lrlr1 12-16-05 45
               RE: Did Randal do the right thing? joeshmoe 12-16-05 54
 Lack of vision... joeshmoe 12-16-05 44
   RE: Lack of vision... justcallmemom 12-16-05 46
   RE: Lack of vision... lrlr1 12-16-05 47
       RE: Lack of vision... joeshmoe 12-16-05 53
   WARNING - joeshmoe Bebo 12-16-05 49
   RE: Lack of vision... Jealousy 12-16-05 65
 I WISH TRUMP WOULD TRUMP US ALL DooWahDitty 12-16-05 48
 RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... irenie 12-16-05 50
   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... ARnutz 12-16-05 51
 RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... Oscirus 12-16-05 52
 Hey halfpintlemon 12-16-05 55
   RE: Hey prosecutor 12-16-05 58
       RE: Hey lrlr1 12-16-05 64
   RE: Hey lrlr1 12-16-05 62
 RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lloyd 12-16-05 60
   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... CantStandToLook 12-16-05 61
   RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump ... lrlr1 12-17-05 66

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kashanti 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kashanti Click to send private message to kashanti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Hmmm, nice conclusions, I hadn't even looked at that way.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-16-05, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Hi Kashanti. I kept waiting during the show for that Big Surprise we had been hearing about on TV for the past two weeks. When Trump announced NO surprise, it hit me. DT was trying to manipulate Randal into doing his dirty work for him.

maxer 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 02:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maxer Click to send private message to maxer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"

randal f*ck*ed up his first assignment given to him by trump

"should i hire this asset, whom you have already vouched for REPEATEDLY throughout this competition"?

apparently, trump didn't stroke randal's ego enough to convince him that he had already won

randal's ego prevented him from making the good business judgment of adding a talent like Rebecca to the organization

trump better hope it was just the cameras which made randal stupid with fame

12-16-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
17. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>
>randal f*ck*ed up his first assignment
>given to him by trump
>
>
>"should i hire this asset, whom
>you have already vouched for
>REPEATEDLY throughout this competition"?
>

Well, of course, Randal wouldn't 'dog' Rebecca DURING the competition. She was from the outset Trump's PET.

>apparently, trump didn't stroke randal's ego
>enough to convince him that
>he had already won
>

Yes he did. He told him "You're Hired."

>randal's ego prevented him from making
>the good business judgment of
>adding a talent like Rebecca
>to the organization
>

Maybe we were looking at different shows. I don't recall Trump ever offering Randal the position of Director of Personnel. That's who hires people, not candidates on Trump's reality shows. Except, of course, Trump himself can hire people, but he chose not to.

>trump better hope it was just
>the cameras which made randal
>stupid with fame

The cameras made Randal 'stupid with fame'? I had a different perception: The cameras showed Randal trumping the tricky Trumpster.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-16-05, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Exactly. Proves the point that Randall does not see the big picture, lacks vision. Even with his 5 degrees. He could have been gracious and suggested that DT hire Rebecca for any of Trump's other projects, yet still maintain that he, Randall, is "The Apprentice". He would have put the DT organization ahead of his ego, and garnered some positive press for himself at the same time. It would have been so easy. And he would have shown grace under pressure. Why wouldn't DT want to hire Rebecca? Out of all the applicants these two made it to the finals. And he had repeatedly vouched for Rebecca previously. What a short-sighted, egotistical, non-visionary thing he did. There are smarts and there are smarts.
On a second note, DT had no reason to ask Randall to make that call. Why didn't he ask his personal advisors George and Carolyn? Why didn't he just make the call himself? And, he could have easily overruled Randall and hired her. She didn't have to come on board as "an apprentice". Surely there are tons of openings at DT organization for qualified candidates, and how many job applicants go through a 13 week trial such as this. The beauty of it is that Rebecca comes off on the high note, and she will get (or as I understand it already has) way better job offers in the long run.

mythmargaret 10 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mythmargaret Click to send private message to mythmargaret Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
You use the phrase "dirty work" - - doesn't make sense to me. Hiring two people is a lovely, happy surprise, like an early Christmas present. Almost to balance the surprises of firing groups of people this season. It would have been a NICE thing to end with. A warm and fuzzy thing. Trump DID expect Randall to be magnanimous - and Randall should have been. Trump thought he would be generous, but not to be manipulative, but to give him the opportunity to be the HERO. But, in his moment of greed, Randall squelched good feelings about the show with millions of viewers. Yes, he did "trump" Trump. Sad.

12-16-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>You use the phrase "dirty work"
>- - doesn't make sense
>to me. Hiring two
>people is a lovely, happy
>surprise, like an early Christmas
>present.

Perhaps Trump didn't feel like playing Santa Claus. After all, it's his show and his companies. He fired 4 people at one time. He could have hired 2. But he chose not to. That's what makes it 'dirty'. He obviously wanted to, but as Randal was clearly superior to Rebecca, he couldn't. So what does he do? He tries to MANIPULATE Randal into doing what he wanted all along. He got Trumped! ROFLMAO

Almost to balance
>the surprises of firing groups
>of people this season.
>It would have been a
>NICE thing to end with.
> A warm and fuzzy
>thing.

An Apprentice Winner/Loser competition as a 'warm and fuzzy thing'? Interesting concept. First time I've heard that expectation in the 4 years the show has been on the air. But then, it was the first time a black person won, as well.

Trump DID expect
>Randall to be magnanimous -
>and Randall should have been.

Why? No other Apprentice has been expected to be magnanimous and share his win with the loser. Why the black man?

> Trump thought he would
>be generous, but not to
>be manipulative, but to give
>him the opportunity to be
>the HERO.

Get Real! Trump wanting ANOTHER to be a HERO when he's on the same stage?

But, in
>his moment of greed,

Excuse me for pointing out your error. I'm sure you meant GLORY. Winners get GLORY.

Randall
>squelched good feelings about the
>show with millions of viewers.

But not the good feelings of the millions of viewers who believe in the American way.

> Yes, he did "trump"
>Trump. Sad.

Sad?! He trumped the Trumpster! You go, Randal!!!

Kelly Dawn 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly%20Dawn Click to send private message to Kelly%20Dawn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
> Yes, he did "trump"
>Trump. Sad.

I agree with you Margaret...sad indeed. I lost a little respect for Randall for his decision. He was already clearly the winner. He wasn't asked to share the title but to backup his own words when he said time and again that Rebecca was a great and tough competetor.

Was it ego? Or was it insecurity knowing that he'd be constantly compared to Rebecca for the next year?

12-16-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
57. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 09:11 PM (EST)

>> Yes, he did "trump"
>>Trump. Sad.
>
>I agree with you Margaret...sad indeed.
> I lost a little
>respect for Randall for his
>decision.

I am sure Randal deeply regrets the loss of your respect, Kelly.

He was already
>clearly the winner.

Yes, he was. And still is. And will forever be for the year 2005.

He
>wasn't asked to share the
>title but to backup his
>own words when he said
>time and again that Rebecca
>was a great and tough
>competetor.
>

Randal had a great education. He went to elementary school. In elementry school he learned not to rile the teacher when she asks what you think of her PET'S essay. Just never got over it, I guess.

>Was it ego? Or was
>it insecurity knowing that he'd
>be constantly compared to Rebecca
>for the next year?

Well, you don't get to be a self-made millionaire with no ego, so that's probably what it was. It certainly wasn't fear of being compared to Becky. That wouldn't faze any of the contestants -- unless it was the teach... eh, DT who was doing the comparing.>

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Irir1 you're absolutely right! I saw the same thing. Trump just wasn't bargaining on Randal saying NO...but I'm glad he did! Oh and Rebecca will be fine. Of course Trump will find something for her. Afterall Trump put her in the final 2 didn't he.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-16-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 01:35 PM (EST)

MizJaz and lrlr1, I know that this is a bit off-topic, but have you heard ANYONE suggest that Tyra should have chosen both finalists to be America's Next Top Model? Granted, there were visceral reactions to the person that she did choose, but I'm wondering if all of this Equality of Choice Love would ever extend in the other direction?

From a process-standpoint, I'm still still trying to figure out how hiring suddenly became a Randal responsibility, rather than a Trump responsibility. Thoughts?

At any rate, Trump definitely got Trumped last night.

--Singer

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-05 AT 03:48 PM (EST)

Hey singer! Hiring was Trump's responsibility and Trump's alone. Randal had already stated how he felt that Rebecca was not ready for such a responsibility as the Apprentice right now and he didn't change his mind. Trump was trying to use Randal plain and simple and Randal right to not allow him to do so. All Randal had to go on was Rebecca's performance in the competition which really wasn't much IMO. I'm sorry but a broken foot was not enough. Rebecca's record didn't hold up in this competition. I have always felt that Rebecca should have never been in the final 2 to begin with. That she was IMO was favoritism on Trump's part. Based on Rebecca's performance in the context of this game, Randal was right to say no.

I could easily see how if Randal would have said "yes" to Trump how Trump could have turned that thing around soooo fast on Randal and with the arbitrary way Trump fired people this season, he could have fired Randal right there on the spot and hired Rebecca. Trump could have used everything Randal said about Rebecca against him and I wouldn't have put it pass Trump to do something like that.

For whatever reason's, to me it was like Trump was trying to convey that Randal's being nice meant that he was weak and a pushover and that Trump could exploit it. Trump found out that that was not the case. This is business and I think had Randal said yes to Trump's suggestion to hire Rebecca, Randal would not be respected in the business world. People would have really saw him as weak. No matter how much they smiled in his face. Randal is not Trump's boy. He is a MAN, and he had every right to say no and to say it the way he chose to whether people liked it or not. Sometimes people have to say something their way so they can stand in it.

By Randal saying no, it put the responsibility squarily back in Trump's lap where it belonged. Randal was not the culprit here, Trump is. If Trump had wanted to hire Rebecca, he should have. Apparently he didn't want too. He just gave the appearance that he did so he can make it look like he tried. Oh puhleeze! And just to think some people are falling for this mess. Trump did what he wanted to do as he always does, and in truth Randal really wasn't a factor. It was just made to look that way. I would like to know how all the other teammates felt it.

singer what do you think?

PS. We both knew that Trump was not to be trusted and IMO we weren't wrong.

PSS. Yes there are some "real undercurrents" that have come to the surface, but it's not like we didn't see that either.

12-20-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
"singer what do you think?"

Well, MizJaz, since you asked, I think you're right.

The Donald tried to do damage control on Larry King last night. King interviewed him with Randal and Rebecca. It was interesting how the slant of the Larry King interview was to highlight Rebecca's many job offers post-finale. Trump said that questions of race were "inappropriate," and it was obvious that King and others had been reading these blogs.

Randal was emphatic in his belief that he was sure that The Donald could find something for Rebecca to do in the organisation if she were offered a post-finale job. He was clear that he would support such a decision. It was also clear that these types of decisions were best left to The Donald, and appropriately so.

Randal received strong training in verbal argument in Oxford. (That is my school as well, so I know how the programme is structured.) I am thrilled that a very urbane Randal remains adept at getting his positions across clearly and concisely. Those are the marks of a truly great orator and leader. I am proud of him.

BTW, The Donald acknowledged that business people would see that Randal is capable of making tough decisions and standing by those decisions. That strength is something that is respected, especially in a business environment. And even if The Donald does not like Randal, my guess is that he has a grudging respect for his fearlessness.

--Singer

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-05, 02:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
I sooo agree with you. If you're the boss and you want to hire both, hire both. Dont ask the winner to hire the loser and set him up to look like a big boob because he doesn't.

12-16-05, 02:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maxer Click to send private message to maxer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"

maybe, but it doesn't hide the FACT that randal placed more importance on his ego than his business judgment

12-16-05, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
If you're so big on ego vs business judgment, please enlighten us and provide the business case for Randall hiring Rebecca.

If Trump had given him more notice or made it plain that Rebecca would be Randall's apprentice, I'd agree with your argument. Since that wasn't shown, all we can assume (that's me assuming as well) is that Trump was wanting Randall to say Yes Hire her, so he could give her the other project which would have nullified the 13 week competition.

It was Trump's call to Hire Rebecca if he wanted her so badly, not Randalls.

12-16-05, 03:22 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"

in case you missed the last 13 weeks of the apprentice (and it sounds like you may have), you probably also missed the talent level of rebecca, her consistent and constant support from trump, RANDAL and others, and even randal's own admission immediately before trump asked him if he should hire her too that she performed extremely well and had much to be proud of

also, it sounds like you missed the fact that REBECCA WAS A BETTER CANDIDATE THAN 16 OTHER PEOPLE

would her potential benefit to the trump organization, a good business decision which would have been made by randal were it not for his ego, have rendered the whole season meaningless?

try again

alyse73 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-16-05, 03:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alyse73 Click to send private message to alyse73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Randall was Rebeccas biggest supporter, next to Toral, then he f&*cked up. I WAS a Randall fan. Of course, he planned to hire them BOTH-why else would they get to pick their jobs.

N305AS 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-16-05, 03:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail N305AS Click to send private message to N305AS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
My fiancee and I noticed EXACTLY the same things this evening while watching the West Coast not-so-live taped ending - no spotlight on the candidates when Randal called them out, etc.

Bottom line? Sure, Trump got Trumped - but not because he wanted Randal to "do his dirty work for him." Quite the opposite, actually.

Naming Randal the Apprentice and then getting him to hire Rebecca immediately as well would have been the "Perfect Hollywood Ending" and honestly, one that would have revived this franchise a bit. There would have been much more media interest and opportunity for promotion of TWO winners instead of just one. It would have had "Feel Good Story" written all over it, and Trump knew it was a great way to end this season.

Of course the problem was that he didn't account for one variable - Randal not wanting to play ball.

So this put Trump in an awkward spot - while he clearly wanted both Randal and Rebecca in this storybook ending, when Randal didn't quite react the way he wanted and expected I believe that Trump had only a split-second to salvage things. He didn't wish to VERY publicly question and second-guess the man he'd just put all his faith and trust in by hiring him...only to completely ignore his recommendation 90 seconds later. So Trump went along with it, but you could tell he was NOT pleased.

Judging by the looks on the fired candidates' faces while the credits rolled, you could see there was a bit of tension and that some were a bit irritated by Randal's first act as The Apprentice.

Myself included. I WAS a huge Randal fan. WAS. He had everything to gain and absolutely NOTHING to lose by being magnanimous and going along with hiring Rebecca as well. His ego and pride simply got the best of him at the WORST possible time.

Tonight Randal proved he has little class and still has much to learn about people skills.

12-16-05, 09:45 PM (EST)
59. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>My fiancee and I noticed EXACTLY
>the same things this evening
>while watching the West Coast
>not-so-live taped ending - no
>spotlight on the candidates when
>Randal called them out, etc.
>
>
>Bottom line? Sure, Trump got
>Trumped - but not because
>he wanted Randal to "do
>his dirty work for him."
> Quite the opposite, actually.
>
>
>Naming Randal the Apprentice and then
>getting him to hire Rebecca
>immediately as well would have
>been the "Perfect Hollywood Ending"

So one poster wants DT to be Santa Claus, now we have another who wants Randal to be, what? Santa's Little Helper? Why do posters want Randal to wish-fulfill for them?

>and honestly, one that would
>have revived this franchise a
>bit.

Oh, it will be revived. 25% of the show's viewers are Black, and the decline in viewership this season, IMO, was due to blacks individually boycotting the show.

There would have
>been much more media interest
>and opportunity for promotion of
>TWO winners instead of just
>one.

Wouldn't there, have though? Stupid black man shares his glory with mediocre white girl. Ewww! Big headlines.

It would
>have had "Feel Good Story"
>written all over it,

Only for those who wanted Rebecca to win. Incidently, they were in the minority! 2/3 of viewers wanted Randal as Sole apprentice; only 1/3 wanted Rebecca.

and
>Trump knew it was a
>great way to end this
>season.
>

Yeah, his ballied BIG Surprise!

>Of course the problem was that
>he didn't account for one
>variable - Randal not wanting
>to play ball.

You go, boy!

>
>So this put Trump in an
>awkward spot -

I know. Trump got Trumped!

while he
>clearly wanted both Randal and
>Rebecca in this storybook ending,

DT is the boss. He could have hired them both. Don't blame DT not wish-fulfilling for you on Randal!

>when Randal didn't quite react
>the way he wanted and
>expected

That's right. He trumped the Trumpster!

I believe that Trump
>had only a split-second to
>salvage things. He didn't
>wish to VERY publicly question
>and second-guess the man he'd
>just put all his faith
>and trust in by hiring
>him...only to completely ignore his
>recommendation 90 seconds later.

How do you know this? Did you and DT talk? What else did he tell you about his thought processes?

> So Trump went along
>with it, but you could
>tell he was NOT pleased.
>
Of course, he wasn't! He had just got TRUMPED!>

>Judging by the looks on the
>fired candidates' faces while the
>credits rolled,

You mean the ones who shook their heads frantically and mouthed "No! No! No!" when DT asked if Randal felt he should hire Rebecca?

you could see
>there was a bit of
>tension and that some were
>a bit irritated by Randal's
>first act as The Apprentice.

Nah. Tension because of being royally s***wed by DT and irritated that DT would have the GALL to try to get Randal to hire their sworn nemesis - Rebecca! (just joking. She wasn't their nemesis; they just did not like or respect her).>
>

His
>ego and pride simply got
>the best of him at
>the WORST possible time.
That's a matter of opinion. For me, it was the BEST of times!

>
>Tonight Randal proved he has little
>class

No class? Or did Randal prove he was no Uncle Tom?

and still has much
>to learn about people skills.
>
ROFLMAO

corinthian10 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corinthian10 Click to send private message to corinthian10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
I love your analysis. Right on target on all points!

corinthian10 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corinthian10 Click to send private message to corinthian10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
I was looking at the same fired candidates and all, but the ones who recently worked with Rebecca on this last project, shook their heads in the negative when Trump asked Randal if he would hire Rebecca as the Apprentice. Apparently they were as appalled as I was that the idea of two "apprenti" would suddenly come up after a 13 week job interview for "The Apprentice."

12-16-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Then he should have hired both of them. Randal had not rightful place in the decision nor the discussion.

--Singer

12-16-05, 03:39 AM (EST)
11. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
still waiting to hear a sound business case but can see that's not very likely so I'll just repeat, if Trump wanted her hired so badly, He could have hired both.

He didn't say Rebecca You're Hired. Though I have watched watched every episode, I only needed to watch the last 15 minutes tonight to know that.

12-16-05, 03:46 AM (EST)
12. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"

don't let scottie pippen get away simply because you already have michael jordan

if you can't understand the good business judgment missed by randal, then you have no business being given the ability to make such business decisions

12-16-05, 03:51 AM (EST)
14. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
What I saw was a person that said he didn't think Rebecca had the experience to handle the job, stating when asked a second time (which coincidentaly was after he was hired) that he hadn't changed his original opinion.

btw, I didn't have the ability to make such a business decision, Donald Trump did and he DIDN'T make it now did he. If he thought Rebecca should have been hired, he would have done it himself. Why aren't you dissing him?

12-16-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
30. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Randal missed no business judgement opportunity.

The Donald did.

--Singer

12-16-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
38. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>
>don't let scottie pippen get away
>simply because you already have
>michael jordan
>

And who would you be telling that to? Michael Jordan? Or (psst!) The manager of the Bulls?

>if you can't understand the good
>business judgment missed by randal,

When you are chosen one in a million, then we'll take your judgment over THE WINNER!

>then you have no business
>being given the ability to
>make such business decisions

Is this not EVERYONE'S position?! Blame Trump!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

Exactly CSTL. If Trump had really wanted to hire Rebecca he would've. Have you ever know him to be swayed by public opinion? He's probably one of the few people who I can say with out doubt would've hired Rebecca, even if it meant upsetting the entire audience and candidates. Trump does what Trump wants to. End of story. The big surprise was probably just to garner ratings.

Edited to fix a typo.

Holiday Sig By Arkie

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 03:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
I too liked Rebecca and was hoping for a double hire.

Still, one of Randal's strength was his frank honesty. Maybe Randal didn't believe hiring Rebecca was a good business decision. If that is the case, he stood his ground instead of taking the easy way and saying what Trump obviously wanted him to say.

Perhaps tommorow, Trump can hire Rebecca.

12-16-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
37. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>
>
>in case you missed the last
>13 weeks of the apprentice
>(and it sounds like you
>may have),

I thought her comments were spot-on. Maybe you're thinking about another show?

you probably also
>missed the talent level of
>rebecca,

Example, please?

her consistent and constant
>support from trump, RANDAL and
>others,

Yep, you were obviously watching another show, otherwise, why did everyone except Incompetent Toral stand when Randal asked whomever thinks he should be the Sole Apprentice, stand up?

and even randal's own
>admission immediately before trump asked
>him if he should hire
>her too that she performed
>extremely well and had much
>to be proud of
>

Well, of course! That's why Randal WON. He's intelligent! You don't tell a truth that pisses off the boss - especially about the boss' PET!

>also, it sounds like you missed
>the fact that REBECCA WAS
>A BETTER CANDIDATE THAN 16
>OTHER PEOPLE
>

I'm sorry, but even in grammar school you learn the Teacher's Pet will always be elevated above worthier students. Going into the Final 4, Rebecca had ZERO wins. Almost every other candidate had at least ONE win under their belt.

>would her potential benefit to the
>trump organization, a good business
>decision which would have been
>made by randal

I keep telling you, Randal is intelligent! If it had been the intelligent thing to do, he would have done so. After all, there were a MILLION applicants for the job. He WON.

were it
>not for his ego,

Thank God! that Gentleman finally displayed an ego!

have
>rendered the whole season meaningless?
>

Only for those wish the Mediocre Rebecca would have won. Those of us who believe in Merit and the American Way, found this to be THE most satisfying ending to a nerve-wracked season.
>

>try again

Oh, I know you will!

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
I totally agree with Trump getting trumped. He most definitely let Randall take the fall here -- what was his Plan B if Randall said no? If he wanted two Apprentices, it was HIS decision, just like he fired four at a time, to hire two at a time. It really sucks to hire somebody and then to immediately turn around and ask if it's okay to hire the other guy too. If this was the "twist," 2 Apprentices, that's Donald's decision to make, not Randall's. It's totally unfair, what he did.

Donald is the egomaster, greedmaster extraordinare. If any of you think he would sooner share the spotlight with anyone else either, you're badly mistaken!! If Trump was in the same spot, he'd have wanted the sole win as well! Knowing how egotistical he, himself, is, I can't believe he doesn't expect the people he hires to be driven in exactly the same way he is.

Anyone who is a competitor wants to win. You don't want to share the win. This is a business competition, but no different than sports competition. Why don't we ask the Red Sox if they want to share their win last year with the Cardinals since they both fought hard to get to the end? <roll eyes>.

If Randall had said yes, he would NEVER have been known as The Apprentice of this season. His actual win would have been totally forgotten -- all the media the next day and forever more would be pictures of the two of them together and the headline: Donald surprises all by naming Two Apprentices........with a smaller headline or the body of the article going on to explain what really happened.

Donald sucks.

ScorpioRising 92 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ScorpioRising Click to send private message to ScorpioRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
The bottom line is that DT underestimated Randall and thought that he didn’t have business backbone.

Trump’s expectation was that Randall would be a “nice guy” and say “Sure Mr. Trump, lets hire her and diminish my victory which was won after 13 weeks of proving myself on your lovely show.”

Furthermore, Rebecca is full of S#!T. When asked this morning on the Today show, she claimed that she would have hired Randall if she won. Yeah, sure, I believe that as much as I believe ANNA would have done so.

justcallmemom 13 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justcallmemom Click to send private message to justcallmemom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Well, consider this. The whole thing may have been scripted. The Trump show has been in a ratings decline. They announce a big surprise. Randal is hired and asked to make a grand gesture. Randal declines and makes himself (and black people everywhere by inference) look self serving. Trump comes out looking like a disappointed nice guy. We all buzz about it for days. Ratings go up next season. Rebecca is guided into a fat job with a major sponcer.

Randal may have been given his famous quote re aprentici as his first task for Trump.

12-16-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
39. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>Well, consider this. The whole thing
>may have been scripted. The
>Trump show has been in
>a ratings decline. They announce
>a big surprise. Randal is
>hired and asked to make
>a grand gesture. Randal declines
>and makes himself (and black
>people everywhere by inference) look
>self serving. Trump comes out
>looking like a disappointed nice
>guy. We all buzz about
>it for days. Ratings go
>up next season. Rebecca is
>guided into a fat job
>with a major sponcer.
>
>Randal may have been given his
>famous quote re aprentici as
>his first task for Trump.
>

WOW! White man not only has to tell dumb black man what to say, but has to write it down on a piece of paper for him. WOW! WOW! WOW!

Dr_Carla 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dr_Carla Click to send private message to Dr_Carla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
I agree it was Trump's call whether to hire 2 or just one.
What's with his needing the approval of others all of a sudden?
What happened to DT's balls?
http://spaces.msn.com/members/CarlaPfeiffer/

vickis 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vickis Click to send private message to vickis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Trump didn't expect Randall to do his dirty work, on the contrary. He expected him to rise to the occasion, and Randall showed his true colors just 30 seconds too late. Trump is a tough cookie, but I'm not sure he's always the best judge of character. He didn't get trumped, he underestimated the ego of Randall and overestimated his ability to make good business decisions in an instant.

Judging by the polls I've read this morning, I'm guessing Trump is regretting his decision to hire Randall as much as Randall will regret his decision to be an arrogant jerk. Randall has already cost Trump Enterprises a great deal of money in lost television revenues.

12-16-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justcallmemom Click to send private message to justcallmemom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>Randall has already cost Trump
>Enterprises a great deal of
>money in lost television revenues.
>
I disagree. Do you think sponcers are cancelling as we speak? I doubt it. As long as we are talking, our emotional investment in the show increases, and we are more likely to watch next season to view the new madness. Higher ratings equals more ad revenues.

vickis 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vickis Click to send private message to vickis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
I didn't suggest advertisers will cancel NOW, but I think people are looking for satisfying endings, even on reality TV. The Apprentice has seen falling ratings, and this episode will not help. It's a turning point for those of us who have appreciated that the Donald seems to hire people who not only exhibit drive and talent, but principles and honesty. Seeing a jerk get ahead at work by lulling someone else into believing they are championing for them and then screwing them over is just a little too real for me.

12-16-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
I love a satisfying ending, but controversary promotes interest. Randal, as a character, has developed a new and more unpleasant side. Tune in next time to see if he redeems himself or succumbs to his ego and greed. He'll be back as the apprentice we love to hate, or hate to love.

12-16-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
41. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>I love a satisfying ending, but
>controversary promotes interest. Randal, as
>a character, has developed a
>new and more unpleasant side.

Being a "Gentleman" rather than the "Uncle Tom" many viewers mistook him for?

>Tune in next time to
>see if he redeems himself

Weren't you watching? He already did that when he trumped the Trumpster!

>or succumbs to his ego

Succumbs? What SUCCESSFUL exec doesn't have a big ego?

>and greed.

You must know something I don't. He's supposed to get $250,000/yr like every other Apprentice. If you DO know something not published, fill us in on it, will you?

He'll be back
>as the apprentice we

And who does that 'we' entail? Am I included?

love
>to hate, or hate to
>love.

Hey, that's life!

12-16-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
40. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>I didn't suggest advertisers will cancel
>NOW,

Good, because that would say you're naive beyond belief.

but I think people
>are looking for satisfying endings,
>even on reality TV.

And we got it! Randal is the SOLE APPRENTICE! Woo-hoo!!

The
>Apprentice has seen falling ratings,
>and this episode will not
>help.

Oh, believe me, it will! The falling ratings were due to BLACKS tuning out. BLACKS who compose 25% of the viewing audience!

It's a turning point
>for those of us who
>have appreciated that the Donald
>seems to hire people who
>not only exhibit drive and
>talent, but principles and honesty.

Sure you have. As long as the winners weren't black.

>Seeing a jerk get ahead
>at work by lulling someone
>else into believing they are
>championing for them and then
>screwing them over is just
>a little too real for
>me.

Were you as pissed off at Rebecca as I was? Tell me about it!

12-16-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
"Judging by the polls I've read this morning, I'm guessing Trump is regretting his decision to hire Randall as much as Randall will regret his decision to be an arrogant jerk. Randall has already cost Trump Enterprises a great deal of money in lost television revenues."

Trump cost himself all lost revenues. He showed that he is willing to fob off bad decisions on employees.

Randal was not arrogant to tell the truth about Rebecca's limited performance and track record.

If any bad decisions were made, they were Trump's and Trump's alone.

--Singer

NanaWolf 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-16-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NanaWolf Click to send private message to NanaWolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
I don't think Randall was saying never offer Rebecca a job - just not "today" In fact, he used the word "today" in a way that I thought he was deliberately making the distinction. He had obviously planned for this possibility and had his response ready. I thought the emphasis on the word "today" was to show that he is OK with her being hired in another capacity - just as you suggest.

broncbuster 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail broncbuster Click to send private message to broncbuster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
On IMUS in the Morning Randel said he felt he made the right decision and would stand by that decision today. He is a self serving jerk. Even after he won the big prize, he wasn't willing to share a crumb with Rebecca.

Ren Fisk 8 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ren%20Fisk Click to send private message to Ren%20Fisk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Randal turned out not to be the guy we thought he was. It's over... and Rebecca has more oppertunities now then she did 24hours ago.

12-16-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
43. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>On IMUS in the Morning Randel
>said he felt he made
>the right decision and would
>stand by that decision today.

Good for him! I like a man of itegrity!

> He is a self
>serving jerk.

Jerk? I don't think so. Now self-serving, have you ever met a millionaire who wasn't?

Even after
>he won the big prize,
>he wasn't willing to share
>a crumb with Rebecca.

Rebecca was no prize. Why the heck should he?!

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-16-05, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Did Randal do the right thing?"
Here is the question that maybe should be asked...

Did Randal do a favor for Trump by saying no? Show wise, if we had two apprenti, wouldn't that had "cheapened" the show a bit, and the next few season, we would all wonder what two he may pick? I bet the reviews the today would be "now Burnette is just trying anything to get ratings."

I agree that Rebbecca will get a job (probably more towards her writing ability rather than the property she was offered last night). Maybe a Trump the magazine in the furture?

http://headingtothirty.blogspot.com

12-16-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Did Randal do the right thing?"
Agree, except I'm cynical enough to believe Randal was asked to do it. It gets Trump off a promo promise, and frees Rebecca up for the Yahoo exec job.
And Burnett's ONLY job is to get ratings.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-16-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Did Randal do the right thing?"
Now you're talkin'.

joeshmoe 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joeshmoe Click to send private message to joeshmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Did Randal do the right thing?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 03:49 PM (EST)

Naah, Randall and Rebecca could have become the Batman and Robin team of the Trump organization, and effectively milked good PR from it for years to come.

Even more, what's wrong with giving rise to a potential broadening of the series base; how about a TEAM APPRENTICE series?

One word discribes Donald's goal,.... opportunity.

Randal did not deliver it to him.

12-16-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Did Randal do the right thing?"
>LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05
>AT 03:49 PM (EST)

>
>Naah, Randall and Rebecca could have
>become the Batman and Robin
>team of the Trump organization,
>and effectively milked good PR
>from it for years to
>come.
>
>Even more, what's wrong with giving
>rise to a potential broadening
>of the series base; how
>about a TEAM APPRENTICE series?
>
>
>One word discribes Donald's goal,.... opportunity.
>
>
>Randal did not deliver it to
>him.

You know you're right! He didn't. He TRUMPED him!

12-16-05, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joeshmoe Click to send private message to joeshmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Did Randal do the right thing?"
>You know you're right! He didn't.
>He TRUMPED him!

Hmmm,... last I heard Randall's business acheivement is in the millions, while Donalds is in the billions.

And you really think Randall "trumped" the Donald huh?

Okay, if you say so.

12-16-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
44. "Lack of vision..."
(This is a repost from a thread that was locked. I guess I should have posted in an ongoing thread instead of starting a new one.)

Randall is as good as they come, in some things. But he failed at his very first task as an employee of the Trump organization.

Fact is, he let the side down big-time.

Randall could have turned this first task, giving an opinion on the hiring of an employee, into a multi-million dollar positive media blitz for Donald and his organization..... If he had only placed his new employer's best interest first, and not what he thought was his own.

Randall was already hired, he should have conducted himself in the manner fitting the reality of his "win"; this reality being that he, and not Rebecca was the hired Apprentice.

I don't believe that Donald ever said anything about having two apprentices, thus Randall had the opportunity to position first himself in a positive light with regards to the desire of his new boss,... the giver of a job to a loser,.... while at the same time repositioning Rebecca as a secondary hire (read, I'm first you're second, be clear about that Rebecca) below his new position,... and as a bonus, snag a PR moment for his new employer by endearing himself and the Trump organization to the public (instead of alienating sections of his viewing public).

What Randall did though was the opposite, immediately positioning Rebecca as a competitor and threat to his claimed position, rejecting his boss's desire (and wisdom), bringing negativity into the picture and effectively hindering the flow of good PR.

Wrong marketing move; bad business that cost the Donald face and dollars.

Something Donald does not appreciate.

What would have been interesting is if Donald had summed up what Randall had done, and then fired him on the spot.

Easy come, easy go.

Now that would have made good reality television.

But Donald is better than that, and thus he did what a good business man does, he seemingly gave in to Randall's view; but we know, Donald is not one to wash his laundry in public. Randal will hear the real story, when the time is right.

And Randall,....

Perhaps something as simple as, "Mr. Trump, although I would have liked to spend more time enjoying this moment I know from recent experience that you are all about business. So as the newest member of your executive staff, and knowing that you are a man who applauds loyalty and hard work, and furthermore, one who seeks to surround himself with the best and the brightest team, I most definite think that you should hire Rebecca,... with one stipulation,.... that she work with me as my assistant on the Atlantic City project, where she can come to gain the hands-on experience she needs."

(Okay, so its a lot easier to think of what to say when you are not in the middle of a pressure situation. But hey,... 5 companies, Rhode Scholar, degrees out the whaazoo, and a people person reputation.)

Unfortunately Randall will now forever be known as the one who crashed on take-off.

Time will tell if he will ever be able to rebrand himself in the eyes of the public.

12-16-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Lack of vision..."
I'm still not convinced. I doubt sponsor money will decrease as a result of this. And as for good PR...I think we are in the land of "just spell my name right." Buzz is buzz, good or bad.

12-16-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Lack of vision..."
>(This is a repost from a
>thread that was locked. I
>guess I should have
>posted in an ongoing thread
>instead of starting a new
>one.)
>
>Randall is as good as they
>come, in some things. But
>he failed at his very
>first task as an employee
>of the Trump organization.
>
>Fact is, he let the side
>down big-time.
>
>Randall could have turned this first
>task, giving an opinion on
>the hiring of an employee,
>into a multi-million dollar positive
>media blitz for Donald and
>his organization..... If he had
>only placed his new employer's
>best interest first, and not
>what he thought was his
>own.
>
>Randall was already hired, he should
>have conducted himself in the
>manner fitting the reality of
>his "win"; this reality being
>that he, and not Rebecca
>was the hired Apprentice.
>
>I don't believe that Donald ever
>said anything about having two
>apprentices, thus Randall had the
>opportunity to position first himself
>in a positive light with
>regards to the desire of
>his new boss,...

Only if you think DT likes mealy-mouthed Yes Men. LOL

the giver
>of a job to a
>loser,....

That, if DT wanted, he could given himself.

while at the same
>time repositioning Rebecca as a
>secondary hire (read, I'm first
>you're second, be clear about
>that Rebecca) below his new
>position,...

How? DT didn't give him that authority. That's you saying this, not The Boss.

and as a bonus,
>snag a PR moment for
>his new employer by endearing
>himself and the Trump organization
>to the public (instead of
>alienating sections of his viewing
>public).

Read the blurb at the top of this thread: You can't please everyone!
>

positioning Rebecca as
>a competitor and threat to
>his claimed position,

EXCUSE ME! Randal won; Rebecca LOST!

rejecting his
>boss's desire (and wisdom),

What would have been wise was for DT to hire her himself.

bringing
>negativity into the picture

Blame the source. If he wanted Aprentii, DT should have hired Aprentii.

>
>Wrong marketing move; bad business that
>cost the Donald face and
>dollars.
>

Where are you getting this? Cost what dollars?!

>What would have been interesting is
>if Donald had summed up
>what Randall had done, and
>then fired him on the
>spot.
>

Oh, you would have LOVED that, wouldn't you?

>Now that would have made good
>reality television.
>

I knew it!

>But Donald is better than that,
>and thus he did what
>a good business man does,
>he seemingly gave in to
>Randall's view; but we know,
>Donald is not one to
>wash his laundry in public.

Do you know DT at all?! Why are your ratings going down, Mr. Trump? "Because of Martha Stewart!"

>
>Unfortunately Randall will now forever be
>known as the one who
>crashed on take-off.
>

Only to those who spend an awful lot of time wishful-thinking.

>Time will tell if he will
>ever be able to rebrand
>himself in the eyes of
>the public.

I hope he doesn't "rebrand". I hope he stays the man of integrity and strength that he showed himself to be last night.

12-16-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Lack of vision..."
......Only if you think DT likes mealy-mouthed Yes Men......

.......That, if DT wanted, he could given himself......

....... How? DT didn't give him that authority. That's you saying this, not The Boss......

Let me answer the three above comments in one go, Randall did not need for Donald to give him authority, he should have taken authority.

Donald open the way, Randall should have asserted himself in a profitable for all way.

He didn't, instead he "mealy-mouthed" his ego.

........ Read the blurb at the top of this thread: You can't please everyone!.......

Didn't say you could. I'm for Randall, and all I'm saying is that he left some big cookie points on the stage.

...... EXCUSE ME! Randal won; Rebecca LOST!......

The race is run over a lifetime, not eight weeks. Winning a battle does not hand you the war.

..... What would have been wise was for DT to hire her himself......

...... Blame the source. If he wanted Aprentii, DT should have hired Aprentii......

Not necessarily, opportunities come and go and come again. Donald was prudent in letting this one go after it turned out as it did.

....... Where are you getting this? Cost what dollars?!....

Positive publicity translates into financial profit.

..... Oh, you would have LOVED that, wouldn't you?......

Means nothing to me, just an observation, that's all.

..... I knew it!.....

My comment was tongue-in-cheek.

.... Do you know DT at all?! Why are your ratings going down, Mr. Trump? "Because of Martha Stewart!"......

I'm not speaking about his ratings, just his business acumen and way of doing things.

...... Only to those who spend an awful lot of time wishful-thinking......

He crashed, and the public reaction proves it.

.........I hope he doesn't "rebrand". I hope he stays the man of integrity and strength that he showed himself to be last night.......

You missed the point, branding is not a matter of changing who you are, its a matter of changing the perception that others have of you.

Randall's stand was not one of integrity and strength, it was one of pride and lost opportunity, which is weakness in business. Donald himself has said this on one of his shows.

Remember, Randall is working for himself, he's working for Donald. Its a different ballgame now.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "WARNING - joeshmoe"
(This is a repost from a thread that was locked. I guess I should have posted in an ongoing thread instead of starting a new one.)

And that is a violation of our community guidelines. Posting the same message multiple times is not permitted here. Once it's locked, it's locked. Post something new, or don't post.

Jealousy 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jealousy Click to send private message to Jealousy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Lack of vision..."
Now that was a great read that I totally agree with. Thanks.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "I WISH TRUMP WOULD TRUMP US ALL"
by ending this show.

Oh, I forgot. He can't stop. DJT's other initials are Desperate Attenion Whore.

irenie 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail irenie Click to send private message to irenie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
Look out Trump organization -- I'd look out for that one! It's the worst thing to have a VERY SELFISH AND SELF-CENTERED MANAGER! They take all of the Credit and all the Cash and sell their TEAM down the river. I've worked for someone like that before and it is the worst place to be. Someone with find a way to get him out -- cause who is going to want to work with him??? Cold, hard-hearted bastard.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
VERY SELFISH AND SELF-CENTERED MANAGER!

What a great description of Mr. Trump himself!

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
So Randal decided that he didn't want to sshare the spotlight with someone who didn't deserve to be in the finals in the first place. Boo friggin hoo. Randal just showed everybody that he is nobody's b****.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Hey"
you guys that were saying that Rebecca hardly makes anything

check out the thread I posted

or just click here

Rebecca has a huge salary too, now.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-16-05, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Hey"
Honestly, I hope Randal writes a resignation letter to the Donald, saying, While I was elated to be the apprentice, the elation was short lived by asking me if Rebecca should be hired too,a question never before posed to any other apprentice. Not only that but all White America is calling me selfish, I am sorry but I do not want to be in this position so go ahead announce Rebecca the new apprentice.

12-16-05, 10:40 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Hey"
>Honestly, I hope Randal writes a
>resignation letter to the Donald,

Proscecutor, as much as I respect you, this is the absolute WORST thing Randal could do. Several of the candidates were self-made millionaires (Josh, age 24, comes quickly to mind, as well as Alla, in addition to Randal). They did not come on the show to get a good-paying 'job'. The 3 mentioned OWNED their own companies, to boot. (Rebecca and probably, Toral, these 2 needed a good-paying job!) The millionaires came on the show to GET CONTACTS! As big a jerk as DT is, the people he deals with are of the highest financial caliber. Randal would be throwing away an opportunity to increase his company's revenue, possibly expand it.

>saying, While I was elated
>to be the apprentice, the
>elation was short lived by
>asking me if Rebecca should
>be hired too,a question never
>before posed to any other
>apprentice. Not only that but
>all White America is calling
>me selfish,

Who gives a FREAK?!

I am sorry
>but I do not want
>to be in this position
>so go ahead announce Rebecca
>the new apprentice.

So since ONLY 26% of white America (taken from an Apprentice poll of over 7,100 respondants; 62% of those same WHITE respondants felt Randal should be Sole Apprentice!) are mad because he won, fair and square, he should appease his dipsy white detractors and let Rebecca, THE MINORITY CHOICE, have it?! No way!

12-16-05, 10:16 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Hey"
>you guys that were saying that
>Rebecca hardly makes anything
>
>check out the thread I posted
>
>
Everyone knows Yahoo offered Rebecca an exec job after she LOST. However, when she came on the Apprentice, she was a reporter for Crain's Business Review, a small trade newspaper in the Midwest. She could not have earned more than $30,000/year -- and I'm probably being generous at that! Still, good for her. She did what you're supposed to do when you get your 15 minutes of fame - exploit it for all its worth.

lloyd 8 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lloyd Click to send private message to lloyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
as trump said, to him this is business, not a tv show. He saw the chance to hire 2 quality people to help his organizationl. What's wrong with that?

12-16-05, 10:10 PM (EST)
61. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
If thats how he felt, he should have done it. He's the boss.

He asked for an opinion, he got one, it just wasnt the one he was hoping for.

12-17-05, 01:33 PM (EST)
66. "RE: The BIG Surprise? Trump got TRUMPED!"
>as trump said, to him this
>is business, not a tv
>show. He saw the
>chance to hire 2 quality
>people to help his organizationl.
> What's wrong with that?
>

First, it IS a TV show, and secondly, DT's actions show the fallacy of trying to manipulate others into doing your dirty work for you. Trump got TRUMPED!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •