The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Posters - Please Read Before Posting"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-04, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Posters - Please Read Before Posting"
First off, welcome to the forums. I'd just like to give you some quick pointers to make your time here enjoyable, and to spare any "Hey, y'all aren't very nice to newbies" sentiment cropping up.

Please read the guidelines. You want Cliff Notes? Join in existing discussions instead of starting new ones wherever possible, and don't bash other posters. Oh, and for those of you new to message boards, typing in all caps in considering shouting, and there's no need to do that either.

You'll see a lot of threads (and possibly some of your own) with little locks beside them. That's because we try to cut down on duplicate threads. After all, we want discussion here, so we're trying to encourage people to join in existing discussions instead of just starting a new one.

Oh, and if someone doesn't play nice, hit the Alert button (found at the bottom of each post) to let the Mods know so we can handle it.

Enjoy the forums!

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Posters - Please Read Befor... KScott 03-02-04 1
 RE: New Posters - Please Read Befor... SilverStar 03-02-04 2
 The day after the finale is a speci... Howard Dean 03-02-04 3
   RE: The day after the finale is a s... SurvivorBlows 03-02-04 4
       RE: The day after the finale is a s... Howard Dean 03-02-04 5
   RE: The day after the finale is a s... Bebo 03-02-04 6
       RE: The day after the finale is a s... Howard Dean 03-02-04 7
 RE: New Posters - Please Read Befor... rayxtwo 03-02-04 8
   RE: New Posters - Please Read Befor... Bebo 03-03-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Posters - Please Read Before Posting"
Thank you Bebo!

Guidelines are your friend!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Posters - Please Read Before Posting"
Is it time for a bump?
SilverStar
Proud Member RBBRTFHLA

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The day after the finale is a special case"
I think the large number of posts here today is symptomatic of the fact that Average Joe 2 has just ended.

The same thing happened the day after the original Average Joe finale.

After any finale, there are just so many things to disect and analyze. Just look at what happens the day after a Survivor finale.

What we have to say about Brian deserves a seperate thread, just as does what we have to say about Larissa, Gil, etc etc.

They can't all go under "Fabio." Not any more than everything in Survivor can go under "Richard."

This situation won't last long. Once the dust settles from the finale, things will be back to normal.

Yes .... Some of the threads are duplicates, and some of them are started by newbies who don't know the rules.

But just as many of them were started by those of us who have been around here for at least a little while and know the rules well.

I for one would appreciate the respect , or at least the courtesy, of those who run this bulletin board in that regard.

Thank you.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The day after the finale is a special case"
Obviously the finale has the forum on overload, however I don't think anyone is saying to discuss everything in the world in the "Fabio" thread.

But we also don't need three topics on Brian's chat.

All we're asking for is the the people who use the board give the respect, or at least the courtesy of not blindly starting threads left and right -- there's no need for several of the duplicate threads that have been showing up.

-SB

03-02-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The day after the finale is a special case"
I agree completely with you on that.

03-02-04, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The day after the finale is a special case"
Yes .... Some of the threads are duplicates, and some of them are started by newbies who don't know the rules.

But just as many of them were started by those of us who have been around here for at least a little while and know the rules well.

I for one would appreciate the respect , or at least the courtesy, of those who run this bulletin board in that regard.

That's EXACTLY why the title of the post asks for new posters to read, as opposed to saying all posters. It obviously doesn't apply to, nor was it meant for, posters who've been on these forums for awhile.

Yes, the first day after a finale is typically a busier day than normal around these forums. It's also the day that some new posters find us and enjoy their time here so much that they stick around. I've gotten a lot of feedback from old and new members alike that messages like these are a great way to help newer posters get a quick version of the rules so that they can feel a part of this community. In the past, there have been complaints that new posters don't feel welcome by the older posters, and that older posters are frustrated that suddenly the forums they've grown to appreciate are being rendered a waste of time. Posting messages like these have helped to prevent that sort of animosity.

03-02-04, 09:40 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The day after the finale is a special case"
That makes sense. I appreciate the explanation.

rayxtwo 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rayxtwo Click to send private message to rayxtwo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Posters - Please Read Before Posting"
You'll see a lot of threads (and possibly some of your own) with little locks beside them. That's because we try to cut down on duplicate threads. After all, we want discussion here, so we're trying to encourage people to join in existing discussions instead of just starting a new one.

OK then, why was the thread that I started that asked if Larissa was with Fabio when he got nailed on the roller caoster locked out then????? I didn't see anyone asking anything like that anywhere on this bored.

'Splain dat one to me Lucy????

03-03-04, 00:00 AM (EST)
9. "RE: New Posters - Please Read Before Posting"
We don't need multiple threads about Fabio on this forum. There was already a discussion of Larissa and Fabio in full swing in which your question would have been appropriate.

And in the future, if you have a question about a locked thread, please contact an moderator privately, per the guidelines.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •