The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"some joes are actors?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

muddy 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-03-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail muddy Click to send private message to muddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"some joes are actors?"
http://www.lacasting.com/TalentShowcase.asp?TALENTID=182971

I thought he was a mail room clerk.
There is another for Dennis from last year too.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: some joes are actors? Howard Dean 02-03-04 1
   RE: some joes are actors? lmgatgsu 02-03-04 2
       RE: some joes are actors? Sagebrush Dan 02-03-04 3
       RE: some joes are actors? Howie 02-04-04 4
           RE: some joes are actors? Wacko Jacko 02-04-04 5
       RE: some joes are actors? mookiemeister 02-04-04 6
 RE: some joes are actors? SurvivorBlows 02-04-04 7
   RE: some joes are actors? Howard Dean 02-05-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-03-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: some joes are actors?"

Yeah. Someone else uncovered that fact a while back too.

Knowing that he was an actor restored my faith in humanity. It was hard to believe that anyone could really be that geeky.

If you find out that anyone else is an actor, I'd sure like to know.

>http://www.lacasting.com/TalentShowcase.asp?TALENTID=182971
>
>I thought he was a mail
>room clerk.
>There is another for Dennis from
>last year too.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

lmgatgsu 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lmgatgsu Click to send private message to lmgatgsu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: some joes are actors?"
I thought I saw him in "Win a date..."
I am disappointed! I thought (naively) that this was for real. I thought they were giving chances to regular guys. (Or geeky ones!) Actually they have someone playing a role. Boo.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-04, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: some joes are actors?"
An actor!?!?! Boo hiss boo hiss. Here, I was feeling sorry for the guy (and also tempted to send him to the Queer Eye... people for a half-decent look). Does whats-her-name know this is a hoax too? I don't think I'll watch this anymore.

Howie 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 04:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howie Click to send private message to Howie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: some joes are actors?"

Well as far as we know, he is the only actor. Most of the guys on the show are real.

>I thought I saw him in
>"Win a date..."
>I am disappointed! I thought (naively)
>that this was for real.
>I thought they were giving
>chances to regular guys. (Or
>geeky ones!) Actually they have
>someone playing a role. Boo.
>

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-04-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: some joes are actors?"
This was discussed before. On the first Average joe's: Dennis and Tariq were actors also.

Makes me skeptical. Just because Average Joe is hiding the fact that these guys are acting. If NBC said that David was a Mailroom Clerk/Actor I might think that he wasn't acting on the show but they said mailroom clerk.

I knew this all I still watch.

It's very easy to notice the similarities between Dennis and David. Both were the most will liked guys and offered positive perceptives on everything. I don't think this is a coincidence. And both were too good to be true.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-04-04, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: some joes are actors?"
I seem to remember that at the end of the Average Joe, the announcer mentioned that some of the people may have consulted with the producers on what to say and do. Might be a good indication that some of them are 'actors' in the show.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-04, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: some joes are actors?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-04 AT 08:18 PM (EST)

"Aspiring actor" or "wanna-be actor" would be more accurate. Looking over his "credits," just about every character role that he's had haven't even have proper names (they're all "Sandwich Geek," "High School Geek," "Prom Student," etc.)

"TV/movie extra" would be a more accurate description -- very few 20-something mailroom clerks, copy clerks, Starbucks employees, etc. in Los Angeles aren't wanna-be actors of some type.

The "mailroom clerk" job isn't a cover story -- it's what he does (similar to Dennis the accountant from the first season) to pay the bills while waiting the months between landing such unimpressive small roles (these types of "roles" are all pretty much one-two scene things that require a day or two of work and pay minimum scale.)

-SB

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-05-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: some joes are actors?"

All very true.

>"Aspiring actor" or "wanna-be actor" would
>be more accurate. Looking
>over his "credits," just about
>every character role that he's
>had haven't even have proper
>names (they're all "Sandwich Geek,"
>"High School Geek," "Prom Student,"
>etc.)
>
>"TV/movie extra" would be a more
>accurate description -- very few
>20-something mailroom clerks, copy clerks,
>Starbucks employees, etc. in Los
>Angeles aren't wanna-be actors of
>some type.
>
>The "mailroom clerk" job isn't a
>cover story -- it's what
>he does (similar to Dennis
>the accountant from the first
>season) to pay the bills
>while waiting the months between
>landing such unimpressive small roles
>(these types of "roles" are
>all pretty much one-two scene
>things that require a day
>or two of work and
>pay minimum scale.)
>
>-SB

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •