The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-03-04, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
Wow what a great episode tonight! The Joes really seem to make a comeback. Larissa tells Tony he's still #1 with her, and she has a great date with Brian too.

Larissa also says later that she's not sure if she trusts the studs (jerks), even Todd.

And then later at the house some of them get exposed for what they've been up to.

And Theo gets booted!!! (Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!) lol

You couldn't ask for much more if you are a fan of the Joes.

..... But what's up with the previews for next week? They bring in another girl to compete with Larissa????

Is she another blond bimbo like Malena who throws herself at the jocks????

And what's with these guys blowing up Larissa and Tony's date???

Then Larissa says she's been bad???

What happened? Did the producers get upset with her because she is being so nice to the Joes and giving the jerks a lot of second thoughts?

I like twists .... but I hate twists that change the course of the game just because the producers don't like the direction the contestants are taking it in.

Sure hope that's not what's happening here ...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... mookiemeister 02-03-04 1
   RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... Howard Dean 02-03-04 2
   RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... Schnookie Palookie 02-03-04 3
       RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... Howard Dean 02-03-04 5
 RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... SurvivorBlows 02-03-04 4
   RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... Howard Dean 02-03-04 6
       RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... leogirl_21 02-04-04 7
 RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... Shakespeare_Thompson 02-04-04 8
   RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... Howard Dean 02-05-04 13
 RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... D 02-04-04 9
   RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... Chrissy gal 02-05-04 11
 RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... mookiemeister 02-04-04 10
   RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... Howard Dean 02-05-04 12
       RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... D 02-05-04 14
           RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joe... Howard Dean 02-05-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-03-04, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
I'm also glad Theo got booted. His sketches is definitely not cool. But I'm also surprised by his sincere interview where he mentioned he was the one who got bullied when he was in high school.

I'm speculating that the reason why the producers introduced another pretty girl is to see if any of the guys will start flirting and courting the new girl. This will give Larissa another piece of information to decide who to boot. If those jocks can't keep their hands off the new girl, the jocks will tell each other about it and someone will leak it to Larissa. Remember the beaver incident where one guy ratted? Same thing will probably happen when the jocks just can't keep their eyes off the new girl. Larissa is not going to pick guys who don't have their hearts set on her already.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-03-04, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"

Yeah that part surprised me too. Apparently he does have a sensitive side. Not all the studs (jerks) are inhuman. lol But maybe the real problem is that he's still in high school -- considering those juvenile sketches he did.

Larissa probably booted him because he was the one who was making trouble in the first place by telling her about Michael's beaver comment.

>I'm also glad Theo got booted.
> His sketches is definitely
>not cool. But I'm
>also surprised by his sincere
>interview where he mentioned he
>was the one who got
>bullied when he was in
>high school.
>

Good point! I never thought of that. But what about all this stuff where Larissa says she's been naughty?

>I'm speculating that the reason why
>the producers introduced another pretty
>girl is to see if
>any of the guys will
>start flirting and courting the
>new girl. This will
>give Larissa another piece of
>information to decide who to
>boot. If those jocks
>can't keep their hands off
>the new girl, the jocks
>will tell each other about
>it and someone will leak
>it to Larissa. Remember
>the beaver incident where one
>guy ratted? Same thing
>will probably happen when the
>jocks just can't keep their
>eyes off the new girl.
> Larissa is not going
>to pick guys who don't
>have their hearts set on
>her already.
>

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
So glad Theo is gone. I was furious when I saw his tearful confession. To admit that you got bullied in highschool, then do the same to people when you are an adult is even worse. He was not sincere at all. He just kept making excuses to try to cover up his mistakes.

02-03-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"

Well stated. I agree.

Looks like he does have some artistic ability with those sketches of his. It's a shame he can't grow up and channel them in a positive direction. He might actually have been able to relate to Larissa.

>So glad Theo is gone. I
>was furious when I saw
>his tearful confession. To admit
>that you got bullied in
>highschool, then do the same
>to people when you are
>an adult is even worse.
>He was not sincere at
>all. He just kept making
>excuses to try to cover
>up his mistakes.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
The previews for next week had me in stitches... first you see Larissa getting jealous, then you see them blowing a hole in the boat... LOL -- this show is increasingly so over the top!

-SB

02-03-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"

LOL Yeah it is. I think it's the people on the show that keep me watching. Otherwise, I wouldn't.

I'm now thinking that what happens with Larissa and Brooke is that Larissa gets jealous when she sees Brooke coming out of nowhere and flirting with the guys. She probably doesn't know who Brooke is. In the clip, all the Joes are having fun lifting her up, and playing, and so on. They probably know who she is and realize it's harmless. Then the producers tell Larissa who Brooke is, and she's embarassed, apologizes, and we see that clip where she says she's not proud of how she has behaved.

But the explosion in the middle of Larissa and Tony's date ... that's just wacko! Good grief! lol

I'm guessing that whoever it was that pushed down the plunger gets eliminated by Larissa. Either that or Tony gets elimated by the show. Who knows! loooooool

>The previews for next week had
>me in stitches... first you
>see Larissa getting jealous, then
>you see them blowing a
>hole in the boat... LOL
>-- this show is increasingly
>so over the top!

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-04-04, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
Hmmm.... interesting preview.

It seems as if the 'hunks' are kinda losing out now....even Brian Worth made a huge comeback...everyone already knows that Larissa likes Tony. Larissa said that she's is not sure about Todd and someone said something about Michael Kleine (think it was Brian W.)and so far she hardly even knows the other 'hunks' other than these two so yeah, I think that it is safe to say that the Joes are making a comeback!

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited. - Plutarch

Shakespeare_Thompson 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-04-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shakespeare_Thompson Click to send private message to Shakespeare_Thompson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
I agree I thought this was the best episode yet!

I think she definitely has a REAL connection with Tony, you can't underestimate the importance of similar interests.

I didn't think that the Brian W. date was all that great. It seems to me that she likes him personally but has no attraction to him. I think she would like to be attracted to someone who would treat her nice(then I guess most women think that).

Theo- yes glad the looser has hit the highway, maybe he could do charcter sketches on Venice Beach.

I can't wait to see how Larissa deals with a little competition. I love the line of her saying "I can't beleive she is hanging on MY guys." Oh, how funny, I guess everyone wants something more once they see other people going after it. It reminds me of a little kid who gets mad when another kid starts playing with a toy they weren't even interested in.

BTW- I love your posts HD- you rock!

"I'm the kid that no one knows.
I live a life I never chose.
But these thoughts in my head
Are my own, my own"
"Little Know it All" by Iggy Pop and SUM 41

02-05-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"

Thanks

>BTW- I love your posts HD-
>you rock!
>

D 12 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail D Click to send private message to D Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
I missed episode 5. Heard the rundown for the most part. Little disappointed that Daskal got run, happy about the churchy guy getting the boot, little upset about the overweight guy getting the heave-ho, but I heard he's lost 70 lbs since the show. Maybe this reality thing ain't so bad. Nah, it's still bad, but here's to his health.

Any hunks beginning to show signs of decent personality's?

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-05-04, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
Any hunks beginning to show signs of decent personality's?

Not that I have noticed!!

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-04-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
>Wow what a great episode tonight!
> The Joes really seem
>to make a comeback.
>Larissa tells Tony he's still
>#1 with her, and she
>has a great date with
>Brian too.
>
>Larissa also says later that she's
>not sure if she trusts
>the studs (jerks), even Todd.
>
Did anyone notice how Larissa teared up when she hadto send a joe home? She didn't have the same problem when she booted the jocks. Together with her statement to Tony that he's still her #1. I wonder if she will surprise the viewers and pick a joe at the end. She seems to have the heart in the right place.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

02-05-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
Well, that's what I've been thinking. We'll see

> I wonder
>if she will surprise the
>viewers and pick a joe
>at the end. She
>seems to have the heart
>in the right place.

D 12 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail D Click to send private message to D Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
She'd have to be as stupid as Melena to pick a hunk. Anyone with half a brain (and I'd venture to say Larissa has a half) realizes that this isn't about "true love" it's about media exposure. Good media exposure- pick a Joe. Bad media exposure-take a himbo.

Simple as that. The miracle is that they found someone as myopic as Melena in the first place. I'd also guess that's why Melena's "Joe Show" ran first. Keep us wanting to see a Joe as the "winner."

02-05-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 5 - Comeback Of The Joes?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-04 AT 03:54 PM (EST)

Yes, good points all.

Average Joe 2 is different in a very important way ... it's all about character.

This time around, the Joes are nice and the himbos are mean. In Average Joe 1, the overall character of the two groups was more or less the same.

So when it comes to character, picking a Joe appears to be an easy choice for Larissa. That's very different from Average Joe 1.

Add to that the fact the Larissa seems to put a much greater value on character than Melana did, and her picking a Joe seems quite likely.

At least that's the way it appears to be at this point in time. What happens between now and the final episode is anybody's guess.

>She'd have to be as stupid
>as Melena to pick a
>hunk. Anyone with half
>a brain (and I'd venture
>to say Larissa has a
>half) realizes that this isn't
>about "true love" it's about
>media exposure. Good media
>exposure- pick a Joe.
>Bad media exposure-take a himbo.
>
>
>Simple as that. The miracle
>is that they found someone
>as myopic as Melena in
>the first place. I'd
>also guess that's why Melena's
>"Joe Show" ran first.
>Keep us wanting to see
>a Joe as the "winner."
>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •