The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

princessleo03 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princessleo03 Click to send private message to princessleo03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
I saw the preview to the second season which will air in the very near future and one of the Joes looks a lot like a guy, David Daskal, that I went to high school with. He was possibly the biggest dork and he wanted to go 4 years with perfect attendance, so he came to school with the chicken pox and gave it to me. Anywho ... I can't be e-mailed directly at sandrakay003@msn.com if anyone knows about these guys or David. The curiosity is killing me.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... psykostitch 12-16-03 1
   RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... princessleo03 12-17-03 2
       RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... JustMe2001M 12-17-03 3
           RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... superstepmom1 12-17-03 4
               RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... JustMe2001M 12-17-03 5
           RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... heracane 12-19-03 7
               RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... JustMe2001M 12-19-03 8
           RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... Agman2 03-09-16 15
 RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... Giovanni 12-17-03 6
   RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... Giovanni 12-19-03 9
 RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... CyberCooties 12-22-03 10
 RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... SurvivorBlows 12-23-03 11
   RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... CyberCooties 12-26-03 13
 Article about the casting process diamond 12-24-03 12
 RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics... caseydog 01-06-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

psykostitch 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail psykostitch Click to send private message to psykostitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
Yup it is David is in Average Joe 2. He's a brother in my fraternity and it's been a thing people in our chapter have been talking about since last week when some of the older brothers/alums noticed he was in the preview.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

princessleo03 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-03, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail princessleo03 Click to send private message to princessleo03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
OMG - Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to spread the word. Fraternity huh, I never would have pictured David in a frat. Can I ask what frat and where he went to college? What's he doing now? You are welcome to e-mail me directly at sandrakay003@msn.com. I plan on digging out my yearbooks tonight and scanning some pics of him if you want copies.

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-17-03, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
I've heard rumors that there's going to be a surprise additional female halfway through the show this time.....her name is supposed to be "Jasonella Thunder".....never heard of her.....

superstepmom1 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-17-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail superstepmom1 Click to send private message to superstepmom1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
Jasonella?

Really?

COME ON! What kind of name is Jasonella!

12-17-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
I don't know....I have to admit....it sounds a bit freaky and fake.

heracane 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-19-03, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heracane Click to send private message to heracane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
jason storms sister?

12-19-03, 09:25 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
LAST EDITED ON 12-19-03 AT 10:59 AM (EST)

Hmmmmmmmmm, now that you mention it....she did look alot like Jason.....

Agman2 2298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-09-16, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"

She's a pole dancer and sells fake passports etc.

Giovanni 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-03, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Giovanni Click to send private message to Giovanni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
One of my employees is an Average Joe Hawaii contestant. He is from New Orleans, and is not the typical contestant as he is slim and has a likeable personality. He did not apply but was "discovered." I won't divulge his name now. And he does not discuss the show at all. Based on the time away from my office, I think he made a few episodes. Time will tell.
-Giovanni

Giovanni 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Giovanni Click to send private message to Giovanni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
Reference my earlier response .... my employee who is an Average Joe Hawaii contestant is named Robert Guichet, a 2000 civil engineering graduate from the University of New Orleans and a Rummel High School grad. I will leave it up to his friends to comment about his personality as I must have 8hrs of dedicated work from him daily. But I believe I have seen him signing photos of himself.
-Giovanni

CyberCooties 162 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-03, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
NBC has the AJ2 in Hawaii site up, but they don't have pics or bios of the guys yet. They probably wont until after the premiere.

http://www.nbc.com/Average_Joe:_Hawaii

CyberCooties

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-23-03, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
Check out the below link -- I just put the photos up this afternoon:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=559

CyberCooties 162 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-03, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"

I think I saw this guy
getting hauled away to County Jail
the other day. Scarey dude!

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-24-03, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Article about the casting process"
Apparently we're very average here (who knew?), so half of the Average Joes are from Boston.

NBC looks to Boston for more `Average Joes'
By Suzanne C. Ryan, Globe Staff, 12/24/2003

Boston is renowned nationally for its hospitals, its universities, its beloved Fenway Park.

Now add mediocre-looking men to the list.

For "Average Joe: Hawaii," the new season of the hit television reality series -- in which 18 ordinary-looking bachelors will woo a former beauty queen -- NBC deliberately targeted Boston and selected almost half of the show's contestants from the area.

The eight Boston Joes who'll vie for the top prize include an administrative assistant, a sewer contractor, an environmental scientist, and two accountants. All of them are big in the personality department, but they'll probably never land on the cover of "GQ."

As the series sets to debut Jan. 5, area residents are left to wonder: Is this the home of the homely?

Don't feel too bad, says Brandeis University film studies professor Thomas Doherty. He figures that NBC was probably drawn here by Boston's "blue-collar mystique."

"Think of `Cheers' or `Mystic River.' Boston's image is a blend of the blue-collar and the savvy," suggests Doherty, who says the city has every reason to be proud of its image. "We're not `Below Average Joe,' " he says. "Our men are the kind of guys who pull over if they see your car has broken down. Even if some of us don't have the money or the looks, we're still decent."

Joseph Boskin, a professor emeritus of American culture at Boston University, has a different explanation. He points his finger across the Charles River.

"This is MIT's fault," he says. " are honing in on MIT's nerdiness. Boston is the hub of academia, and theoretically, academics are supposed to be the opposite of Tom Cruise. I have news for NBC. Underneath our glasses, we are all Cruises."

To be sure, the show's producers say, they never meant to offend anyone. "We were looking for larger-than-life personalities, people who are memorable. Boston is one of those urban meccas which breeds people who say what's on their mind," says Stuart Krasnow, an executive producer.

In the last "Average Joe," which concluded Dec. 8, there was just one contestant from the Boston area, accountant Dennis Luciani of Quincy, who was cut in the second round.

In this series, Larissa Meek, an artist and former Miss USA contestant, will spend several weeks getting to know the regular guys before eight hunks arrive to join the competition. Where did NBC recruit them?

Miami and Aspen, Colo., Krasnow says. "Those are cities where people who want to model end up."

Mary Lou Andre, an image and wardrobe consultant based in Needham, says she travels nationwide doing corporate seminars and finds that Boston's reputation universally is one of a "conservative, geeky, high-tech area."

"That's the image out there even though I think Boston has come a long way. With so many European students here, I think Boston is very hip. But people are intrigued with Harvard and MIT. They can't get past that."

Brian Worth was recruited while sipping beers with a buddy last May at Ned Devine's/Parris in Faneuil Hall.

"My reaction was, `What are you talking to me for?' " says Worth, who at 5-foot-9 and 155 pounds ranks himself a 7.5. "I'm no supermodel."

Worth listened carefully as the recruiter spent 30 minutes selling him on the idea of a free vacation in a tropical setting. "Would you have a problem getting in a hot tub with women on national television?" he was asked. Worth replied, "That's what I'm all about!"

Seven months later, Worth, a 31-year-old East Boston resident who works as an auditor for the US Department of the Treasury's Office of the Inspector General, is preparing to watch the series. Although he can't reveal whether he was eliminated from the show or became Meek's final choice, he will admit that he didn't have a "very good vibe" when he met her the first night.

"I thought she seemed unhappy and very rehearsed. At that point, I went to the bathroom and left all the guys standing around her. I looked in the mirror and said, `What is going on here? Is she going to be acting or is she genuine?' I don't date women who are fake."

Worth won't say what happened next.

Anthony Calandra landed on the show after impressing a casting agent with his sideburns, cut in the shape of stars, and his friendly personality as a bartender at Encore, a lounge in the Wyndham Tremont Boston Hotel. "I didn't want to say, `Oh, let me get on your show!' but I wanted a part," says Calandra, who was unaware of the plot twists involved. (The show was taped before this season's "Average Joe" aired.)

When he arrived in Hawaii and saw the cast, Calandra wasn't too thrilled, he says. "I was a little bit offended that I would be grouped in with these guys," says the 24-year-old North End resident who is also a dental technician and graphic artist. "I don't consider myself a 10, but I'm not a 3 either. I really considered leaving."

Calandra stuck around, however, and is now happy he did. "I think it was a very original concept. It will bring to light how people obsess about looks. It definitely challenged the girl. And when I was there, I worried about not looking like a dork."

For his part, Phuc Lee, a 26-year-old Brockton resident and accountant, says he had the time of his life on the show.

Spotted at The Rack during a pool tournament, the boisterous Lee couldn't resist the chance to appear on TV. He arrived in Hawaii knowing there would be a twist to the show. "I was expecting someone who didn't speak English," he says.

When he saw the group he was lumped in with, all he could do was laugh. "Society judges a book by its cover, which is a shame," he says. "But life isn't fair. Hey, this is who I am America. If you don't like me, whatever."

caseydog 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail caseydog Click to send private message to caseydog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Average Joe 2: Looking for pics/names of the joes"
Hey I went to High School with David too! He was a big dork and he was kinda mean at times.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •