The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Re:Saving SO - f rom an NBC programmer.."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

sheriamour 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-28-06, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sheriamour Click to send private message to sheriamour Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Re:Saving SO - f rom an NBC programmer.."
Saving SO-from NBC programmer - 2006/07/25 09:46
Hi all,

We need to locate as many starting over fan groups as possible and organize together if we want to save SO.

This is a message from a yahoo groups- startingoverfans -member posted this week. We all ready know about the first part of the message- that SO has been cancelled. The last line is what is important.

Okay, first, remember the old saying, "Please don't shoot me, I'm just the piano player."

I spoke this morning with a NBC programmer for the affliate station in northern Califoria. Very nice lady that gave me the following information:

There will be no more S.O. after the summer is over and the new season schedules begin in the September. The local affliates have already scheduled replacement shows.

The S.O. is not in production, no shows generated to sell to the networks.

The NBC programmer said networks, and local stations shop/buy the shows a year or more in advance.

They said, NBC informed the affliates last fall that this would be the final run of the S.O. show because the ratings had continued to decline.

"The show just did't catch on," the daytime programmer said. "That was why the producers tied the show up with a reunion and update of past housemates to give the viewers a resolution."

I asked about the efforts to revive the show by dedicated fans, and she said she heard about it, but the bottom line is advertisers wanted a bigger market and the show was not able to produce the numbers.

She said the word they got was the production wrapped earlier this year and closed shop for good. She added that it doesn't mean the producers can't pitch it to another network, or put it in syndication, but all of that requires money, and the show's poor ratings makes a bad sales pitch. She said she checked around, but could not find anything indication the production company is moving forward.

SHE SAID, IF THE FANS ARE SERIOUS THEY SHOULD ORGANIZE, ORCHESTRATE MEDIA EVENTS AND THAT WILL GET ADVERTISERS ATTENTION

Re:Saving SO-from NBC programmer - 2006/07/26 01:24
"We need to locate as many starting over fan groups as possible and organize together if we want to save SO". <<<

I'm responding to the call to come together, 2 groups that are willing are http://startagain.bravehost.com/index.html and http://groups.myspace.com/Sofanclub

We are already in the process of trying to orchestrate media events and get advertisers attention.

I hope everyone will help locate all the starting over groups for our grand finale - this will work! Thank you for the heads up! That's the kind of official news I've been waiting for!

Re:Saving SO-from NBC programmer - 2006/07/26 10:53
Let's listen to the NBC programmer's advice! She said "if the fans are serious they should organize, orchestrate media events and that will get advertisers attention"

"We need to locate as many SO fan groups as possible and organize together"

Whoever knows of any Starting Over related groups, please inform them!! We could all meet at a neutral location, not to join another group, no competition involved, I recommend the newly created website, created just for that purpose, *I WANT STARTING OVER TO START AGAIN! FAN SUPPORT SITE http://startagain.bravehost.com/index.html it may not be able to start again in the fall (who knows), but probably by winter or spring. Come on, let's all join together and see what we can accomplish! Let's not stop now, seconds before the miracle!

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •