The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-30-06, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to send private message to SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
In more ways than one too! I don't get why she is on the show. She is rude and talks without thinking of others and their feelings and that is about it. She said she ran her own business so how much of a social misfit is she in real life? I find her situation the most bogus of all. Teaching her to make friends is ridiculous.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... petmama 06-30-06 1
   RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 06-30-06 2
   RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... techstyle 06-30-06 3
       RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 06-30-06 4
           RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... shawnar 06-30-06 5
               RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... lyingchristie 07-01-06 6
 RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... Nance61 07-01-06 7
   RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 07-01-06 8
       RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... lyingchristie 07-01-06 9
 RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... maryellennaco 07-01-06 10
   RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 07-01-06 11
       RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... slickeronstate 07-02-06 12
           RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 07-02-06 13
       RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... EMTBGRL 07-03-06 18
 RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... JustBNMe 07-02-06 14
   RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 07-02-06 15
       RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... techstyle 07-03-06 16
           RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... staceeturner 07-03-06 17
               RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... Lela 07-03-06 21
           RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... EMTBGRL 07-03-06 19
               RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... 26mitogo 07-04-06 22
                   RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... staceeturner 07-05-06 24
 RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... Lela 07-03-06 20
   RE: No one talks about TJ could it ... slickeronstate 07-05-06 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-30-06, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I felt exactly as you did about TJ when she first entered the SOH. And, by the time she graduated, I found her one of the most improved HG's in SO history. Keep watching the reruns. Maybe you will, too!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-30-06, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to send private message to SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
Thanks petmama. I hope you are right.

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-30-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
Research on her issues also may help. Her story is in no way the most provocative but it does shed light ( very little light) on ADHD and learning disabilities in general which can come up in anyones family. Today I watched Lisa tell a story without giving TJ eye contact even though TJ was the one who seemed to be listening. TJ also sheds light on that uncomfortable feeling you get when you speak your mind with a group of women who don't want to let you in. Soon TJ's story will hardly be mentioned as the house works on other issues that are probably more exciting to most.

06-30-06, 07:28 PM (EST)
4. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
Interesting. Maybe I was unfair to call her a bore. I do recall the mention of her ADD but I don't understand why that makes her a SO HG. I think she would have benefited by a therapist with that as a specialty instead of a life coach making her chit chat with strangers. I think she is fading into the background like you said which was a mistake of the production people.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-30-06, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I love Tj she is my favorite guest of all time. I think the other woman treated her unfairly and it would of been better for her to have more time with Dr. Stan, but in the end she really doe reach all her goals

lyingchristie 47 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-06, 04:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lyingchristie Click to send private message to lyingchristie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I loved in reruns yesterday when she was saying how Lisa1 was so upset about her Mom and how her Mom is driving her crazy. TJ said "Lisa is stressed about her Mom and how she is driving her crazy. Can anyone say "Mirror, sucks to be you?" LOL OMG just made me bust up. If you really look deep inside she has a great sense of humor. TJ walks out of the house really changed. You can see it throughout the season especially after she graduates and comes back for others graduations.

Nance61 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-01-06, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nance61 Click to send private message to Nance61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
No one talks to TJ because she is clueless!!!!! I liked it when Lisa was on the computer and TJ wanted her to look at her - why would Lisa want to look at her. DUMB!!!!!! Her remark about the mirror yesterday was really stupid - she should take a good look in her mirror. She might be amazed at what she sees.
I can see why Lisa acts the way she does (to a certain extent) when her mom brings her fancy panties and talks to her about Tampax. I think she did that to embarass her and she did. I'm hoping that she will go off on her mom!!!!!!! Her dad acted like a wimp.

07-01-06, 09:14 AM (EST)
8. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
LOL! I feel the same way and I agree about Lisa. I think that the problems she has are definitely rooted in her parents and I really think the attempt of the LC's to brush that under the carpet proves they are incompetent to deal with emotional issues. On the one hand they are all about healing relationships with mom and then they turn around and say don't tell your parents what they did wrong. It is inconsistent. Lisa is victim of sex abuse and has wacko parents. How could she be anything else but troubled?

lyingchristie 47 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lyingchristie Click to send private message to lyingchristie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I agree with what you say about Lisa, but when does it come to a point in life that as an ADULT you quit blaming your parents or those around you and take control of your own life. That's one thing that bothers me, when others just keep blaming. Staying in the problem and not the solution. Get counseling to work through these things. Come on...Lisa accountability. Since you gratudated from college you have had opportunities to make a life for yourself, but in my opinion you chose the easy way out. Your parents.

I had a tough childhood, became an alcoholic. Could have blamed my Dad and other family members for giving sips of beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages as a child. Once I became an adult, I CHOSE to keep that going. Happily now I am 8 years sober and wiser. Because I made the choice to change my life not based on how others thought I should or shouldn't do it.

As far as TJ of course we could ALL look in the mirror. She is annoying at times because of all the questions. She reminds me of a child asking a ?? and then many times asking "but why." Yes she is controlling but many women in that house are in their own way. I just thought it was funny TJ putting up her hands like she had ears, her eyes get real wide. It was just humorous

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-01-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I like TJ!! It sure seems like out of all DAW's this season, at least she's REAL! Just wait until that DAW OF ALL TIME, Piss-T enters the house!! You will be amazed at her ego and the lack of ANY progress she makes. YUKKIMOTO!!!!

07-01-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
11. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I'm with you on the not blaming the parents forever approach. It really solves nothing. It's just that Rhonda seems to belittle Lisa sometimes for the flaws she has which are a result of a life long journey. Putting her down is so unproductive. In fact, dressing her like a baby was hazing. That's what's missing in SO, a real start! They are spending too much time focusing on the problems and not enough time on the solutions. I wanted the life coaches to be something else.

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-02-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
TJ has no basic spelling skills - blame it on ADD or ... on the fact she didn't complete high school?

I noticed in re-run this week how TJ's eyes opened up when she heard the bashing Christina took over not completing high school.

Yet - not one of the whatever they are called - SO coaches asked her about this. When she was in that box and had to write down her feelings she could not write out basic words and the penmanship was indicative of a child.

She has no issue really - I never understood why her hub came onto the show in that leg cast - did he fall down the stairs and sprain something, or is he handicapped?

07-02-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
13. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I remember that incident with the box and the spelling did catch my eye which really makes her mean comments to Christina about not having education even meaner. However, there were times,many times, I felt TJ was talking to the camera, trying to show how she really GOT it. Those comments might have been about that. At the time it looked petty, like she was insecure around a confident, smart and gorgeous young lady.

In fact, there are many HG's talking to the camera and I don't really fault them for that it is part of the show.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-03-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
>I'm with you on the not
>blaming the parents forever approach.
> It really solves nothing.

Yeah. I know people in their 40's and 50's still rambling on about how much about their lives are their *parents'* faults. (Mind you, some of their parents are dead, and have been for years.) they also know nothing about the people they are talking to, when they whine on about the "poor me mom and dad were --fill in blank--and that's why I'm--" and I don't have the nerve to ask what I am usually thinking,

"Would you like some cheese with your whine?"

I know people have terrible childhoods. (In fact, I'm no exception) That's no excuse for figuring out how to move on, and not share life stories with total strangers about your parents in inappropriate places and settings. (C'mon, we've all been THERE, right?) The last person I had to shut off? Was at a bridal shower, while the bride was opening gifts! I looked at her and said, "Are you aware that I am completely ignoring you?" (This didn't help. She apologized and kept talking!)

You're right. Parent blame solves nothing, and is a poor excuse for inappropriate behavior. TJ is on this show because someone had to teach her how and when and where to speak up. AND, how and when and where for Shhhhhh!

They (LC's) are spending
>too much time focusing on
>the problems and not enough
>time on the solutions.
>I wanted the life coaches
>to be something else.

I'm with you 100% on that one. I think this shifted after Season 1.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-02-06, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I like TJ. Yes she has trouble spelling and has ADHD and dyxlesia which can make writing, spelling etc challenging. I have ADHD and dyxlexia and have trouble with my handwriting and spelling at times and I have a Bachelor of Science degree so being uneducated and not graduating form HS can't be the blame of all TJ's issues. I think TJ is one of the most genuine HG SO had on it season 3. If anyone is rude, inconsiderate talks over others, is a bore and appears uneducated it is Lisa1 (this season anyhow) and Jill. They are idiots and neither one of them appears to have learned anything from their eternal stay in the house. TJ changed the most in season 3 and I think she is doing well and wasn't on the show for ratings purposes nor to try to become a celebrity or make money off being on tv. Learning to connect is a better goal than Lisa1's goal of grow up.

07-02-06, 11:43 PM (EST)
15. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I find TJ self centered and insensitive.

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-06, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I'm pretty sure TJ's business helps adults with learning disabilities, or that may be her not-for-profit that does that. I'm not sure. Being able to spell is no real indication of how intelligent you are.

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
I think that out of all the HG, this season TJ is one of them that "finally" got it! she does do some changing for the better in my opionin.

Sig by Sharnina

Lela 9 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lela Click to send private message to Lela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
You are so right! She is a unique, honest, caring, compassionate person who cares a little TOO MUCH about what negative people say! So she has a problem with reading, puzzles, etc. Maybe she is artistically inclined. That doesn't however make her stupid! They should have helped encourage her, not laugh at her! Thay are all very non supportive of TJ, and she constantly tries to help them grow EVEN when they treat her nasty!

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-03-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
Being able to spell is no real indication of how intelligent you are.

In fact, there are studies that show that since the English language doesn't make a lot of sense, that intelligent people tend to be poor spellers. The logic of how something should be spelled doesn't follow.

Poor spelling is also a sign of dyslexia, which is not any indicator of intelligence or stupidity. It's an indicator that your eyeballs are elongated and light hits them in a way that screws up processing letters and numbers. Flips them around. If you are not dyslexic, try looking at your reflection in the curved bowl of a silver spoon. You will see what I mean. That's what happens to dyslexics when they look at letters and numbers.

The other side? I was a statewide spelling champion. I'm not a genius. I can spell circles around most adults. However, I know plenty o' people smarter than me.

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-04-06, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
EMTBGRL ~ I haven't been around the SO boards in a long time (but I'm bored out of my skin this am ... or rather, I'm sad & upset bec I didn't get to run my fav race of all - the Peachtree Road Race) so came to boards to see what's up. Didn't intend to post, but after reading this post - along with your other great ones elsewhere - came to say a big "THANKS - great post" as are most every one I've read of yours. I miss reading them actually.

I didn't like TJ at all when this season began but she became my favorite. Plus, I can soooo relate - especially with the spelling thing. I have the ADHD & dyslexia ... & can't spell worth a flip! And I have 2 bachelors degrees & was 1/2 way thru a masters when sidelined with injuries & illness. I'm always embarrased about my spelling - or lack thereof. I loved your discription of what words & letters look like for dyslexics. It's #s that kill me ... copying #s from credit card, ins card, etc .... YIKES!! To me (& other fellow dyslexics) it's as if #s & letters are constantly moving - it's like trying to write the names, in order, of a room full of puppies that won't sit still!

I also love the next post from Lela ... "Teaching to her make friends with negative self centered whiney ##### women is USELESS. They should send the others home if they don't want to get out of their pity holes and drama! TJ is just trying to understand, non-understandable people!"

BINGO!

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
Welcome back 26mitgo, sorry about your race, my Aunt is a runner and has run the boston marathon and she say's it is not easy so good for you for at least trying, I have missed your post's you have a way with words that just work I never ever would of guessed that you have adhd, And I have alot of compassion for TJ, just being willing to be disliked to be liked, hope that mak's sense. anyway I really do have alot of admiration for TJ.

Sig by Sharnina

Lela 9 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lela Click to send private message to Lela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
Teaching to her make friends with negative self centered whiney ##### women is USELESS. They should send the others home if they don't want to get out of their pity holes and drama! TJ is just trying to understand, non-understandable people!

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-05-06, 05:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: No one talks about TJ could it be because she is a bore?"
She scares the daylights out of Allison - based on this skill alone she is OK to me. The fact that her spelling is non-existent is another issue....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •