The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"christina has hit a bottom low!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

c_ya_so 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-21-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail c_ya_so Click to send private message to c_ya_so Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"christina has hit a bottom low!"
christina is now selling used leg warmers from her grandmother. apparently she is calling them "vintage" and she is sewing on buttons and stuff.

she wants you/us to buy them for her son's "party fund" she is having a big b-day bash for him and she is begging us to buy them.
you can see these "used items" on her blog.

i think she is running out of things to sell. her barbie went for $10 , her last 2 hats went for $15 and $20. ooops christina, i think your 15 minutes are soooooo OVER!! !!!!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: christina has hit a bottom low! talker67 06-21-06 1
   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! staceeturner 06-21-06 2
       RE: christina has hit a bottom low! 26mitogo 06-21-06 3
       RE: christina has hit a bottom low! Labyrinth 06-21-06 4
           RE: christina has hit a bottom low! Seabisquit 06-21-06 5
               RE: christina has hit a bottom low! Juliejo 06-21-06 6
                   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! petmama 06-21-06 7
       RE: christina has hit a bottom low! petmama 06-21-06 8
           RE: christina has hit a bottom low! shawnar 06-21-06 9
               RE: christina has hit a bottom low! petmama 06-23-06 16
               RE: christina has hit a bottom low! petmama 06-30-06 31
 RE: christina has hit a bottom low! maryellennaco 06-21-06 10
 RE: christina has hit a bottom low! eire_heart74 06-22-06 11
   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! slickeronstate 06-22-06 12
   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! maryellennaco 06-22-06 13
 RE: christina has hit a bottom low! kawyar 06-23-06 14
   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! Incognito 06-23-06 15
   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! mysticwolf 06-23-06 17
 christina's new ebay item! c_ya_so 06-23-06 18
   RE: christina's new ebay item! SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 06-28-06 21
 RE: christina has hit a bottom low! sharnina 06-24-06 19
   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! staceeturner 06-25-06 20
       RE: christina has hit a bottom low! Sandra4677 06-28-06 22
           WARNING - Sandra4677 Bebo 06-28-06 23
               RE: WARNING - Sandra4677 Sandra4677 06-28-06 24
                   RE: WARNING - Sandra4677 Bebo 06-28-06 25
           RE: christina has hit a bottom low! SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 06-28-06 26
               RE: christina has hit a bottom low! mistyrose52 06-29-06 27
                   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! staceeturner 06-29-06 28
                       RE: christina has hit a bottom low! Sweeti 06-29-06 29
                           RE: christina has hit a bottom low! SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 06-30-06 30
                               RE: christina has hit a bottom low! Cleverone 07-03-06 32
                                   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! MovinOnUp 07-03-06 33
                                       RE: christina has hit a bottom low! Cleverone 07-03-06 34
                                           RE: christina has hit a bottom low! MichaelB 07-20-06 35
                                               RE: christina has hit a bottom low! carriem 07-21-06 36
                                                   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! bootsie 07-24-06 37
   RE: christina has hit a bottom low!... Denalio 07-31-06 38
 RE: christina has hit a bottom low! dasboot 08-01-06 39
   RE: christina has hit a bottom low! Mr Black 08-17-06 40
       RE: christina has hit a bottom low! dasboot 10-11-06 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

talker67 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail talker67 Click to send private message to talker67 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
Christina's goal was learning to drop the hustle. By selling things on Ebay, it looks like to me that is what she is doing. She is doing whatever she can not to go out and hustle anymore. She is honest on where the things came from and what she is going to use the money for. I think it is great what she is doing, she is using her tools that she received on the show, how to make money without selling yourself. She is starting out small, but most people do. Legwarmers are not interesting to me, but some may like them. I say go Christina.

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
After watching today's episode, I'am now wondering what happened with her becoming Karrine's writing assistant? I do have a different opionin on what she is doing, I think that getting a job would stop the hustle some good old fashioned hard labor or maybe just a job any job but a job. because by saying things like I need this money for my son is a manipulitive way of saying help me support my son. and folks that is just my honest opinion.

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-21-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
staceeturner said "...because by saying things like I need this money for my son is a manipulitive way of saying help me support my son."

I tend to agree with your take on begging for the care of her son. It sounds as if she is being more manipulative than simply being honest.

My feeling: What happened to a good old fashioned E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N?!!!

Somehow they just forget to mention the well known statistics about the average incomes with vs. without an education.

Oh sure, we all know someone who is doing well with just a high school degree but we also know that is very unusual. Besides, given the very rare successful individual's circumstances, creativity, work ethic, and other qualities, what might he/she be making if they'd had that education ... might be doing even better or have arrived sooner. Who knows. However, statistics show ... GET THEE TO SCHOOL! Shame on SO & the LCs for not stressing this!

Christina seemed smart enough to do fine in college and there is plenty of grants, scholarships (based on need), and low interest rate students loans available ... especially for single moms. There is also free child care at many colleges. There is no reason she couldn't get a college degree. It would also help her self-esteem.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-21-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
In regards to being Karrine's assist. go view the spoilers for Christina in that forum. There is a long discussion, mostly unsubstantiated rumor, as to her and Karrine.

Besides who ever thought she would afford to live in LA (or vicinity) in the first place with no education, no skills and no job?

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-06 AT 04:56 PM (EST)

Well, if I still owned any leg warmers, I probably wouldn't even give them to Goodwill, I'd toss them in the trash. Why doesn't Christina sell her artwork...she doesn't have to ask crazy prices like she did when she was on SO. If priced reasonably...somebody might buy them. After all Christie is selling those gawd awful ugly candles. I'm not falling for the Jackson's birthday party sympathy ploy. Give me a break...she's already sold 2 hats and her Ken doll for $10...that's enough money to throw a little kid a birthday party.
Edited: typo...what else...LOL

sig by sharnina

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
I agree for heaven sake get a student loan and get back in school and get a degree while you are young enough to still do it. Then you wont have to beg for people to buy your wares. Without an education she is never going to make enough money to support herself and Jackson. I feel sorry for her but she needs to get with it. Selling stuff on Ebay is not going to pay the bills.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
I wonder if Christina realizes that the IRS considers Ebay proceeds taxable income?

06-21-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
I wonder if Karrine was expecting Christina's assistance with that trashy "give head and tell" book she hawked on the Tyra Banks, and other, shows.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-21-06, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
oh my was that really the name of her book or was that a joke?

http://www.123glitter.com/glitter-maker/>

06-23-06, 05:29 PM (EST)
16. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
Usually, such books are called "kiss and tell" books. But, because Karrine called herself "Superhead", I called it a "give head and tell" book.

06-30-06, 05:11 PM (EST)
31. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
I'd forgotten the name of Karrine's book. Until yesterday, when I saw a rerun of her first appearance on the Tyra Banks show. It's "Confessions of a Video Vixen". It's funny that Karrine was whining that everything written about her in the media is all "lies", but asserting that everything she wrote about everyone in her book is the truth. And, naming names wasn't her idea, but the publisher's? Yeah, right!

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
Do you think Christina got wind of Christie and all her "raising cain" scam and decided she wanted in on that action?? And maybe she thought,"well, if they'll give THAT skank money to educate her little brother, perhaps these fools will give ME $$$ so my kid can have a clown at his birthday party"???? Just a thought.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-06, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-06 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

I live right by two high school so most of the current fashions trends that I see these gals sporting are anything but leg warmers. Is it a regional thing? Am I just so out of the loop that I didnt' know that came back? Is that Lohan chick wearing them?

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-22-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
To have to beg from strangers to pay for a birthday party is low. That she thinks this is a necessity is telling. I am sure her mother raises the boy and if he needs a party she will fund it - since when is it necessary to have a birthday party? Get him a trinket at the dollar store and a cake from Safeway and good enough. Enabling this dependency can't be healthy for the child or the family...

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-06, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
Eire, you haven't missed a thing!! I don't know ANYONE (high school or otherwise) who wear leg warmers in the SUMMER, hello??? It's 95 degrees outside!!!
I actually DO know a real live BALLERINA, and SHE wears leg warmers in the WINTER, when it's actually COLD outside. It's NOT a regional thing, either!!
Unless it's REALLY, REALLY BBBRRRRRRRR cold in the hall where she performs, the girl just wears the normal ballet attire.
PLUS, the entire ballet company is on VACATION here after about the first part of May. Start back up in late August for first performance in September.

kawyar 58 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kawyar Click to send private message to kawyar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
They had leg warmers in her GRANDMOTHER's heydey??! Just how old is this grandmother? Leg warmers were popular during the 80's. That's not THAT long ago!

Incognito 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

06-23-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito Click to send private message to Incognito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
And clutch yer knickers gals - leggings are a hot item on the runway for this fall!

Was Christina selling these on eBay? I didn't see the listings and they aren't there now.

I hope she gets herself into some schooling this fall. That girl has ambition, is smart, and has a sweetie for a son. I'm glad she's back home. BTW, she has a pretty impressive painting highlighted in one of her latest blogs.
Incognito

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-23-06, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
Have news for you... Everything that goes around, comes around. Leg warmers got their start way before the 1980's. There once was a time when girls were not allowed to wear anything but skirts. And, little girls were not allowed to wear long skirts, any more than little boys wore long pants. Even then, depending upon where you lived, it could still get cold.

My grandmother was graduated from college in the mid-1800's. Leg warmers were not unheard of even then. And, were certainly known when she was a little girl. (Although, I doubt any of these women have grandmothers born that long ago.)

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary
And, no... I'm not that old. I'm a late baby to a late marriage.

c_ya_so 53 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-06, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail c_ya_so Click to send private message to c_ya_so Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "christina's new ebay item!"
christina is NOW selling a painting she did ... pretty darn ugly if you ask me. and it is already up to $61 looks like some fool fan of hers is going to spend some $$$ for this UGLY UGLY painting!

SneakingSallythrougtheAlley 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-28-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to send private message to SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: christina's new ebay item!"
I don't have any problem with Christina selling stuff on ebay tons of people do it. I didn't see on her myspace blog that this was her main form of income because it says she has a job. I like her and I think she comes off as a strong survivor. I doubt the show really did much for her other than give her an experience to talk about for the rest of ther life. As far as wanting attention, all the woman on the show are there for this reason and that is fine. Christina was in the adult entertainment business, so why not do a reality show?

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-24-06, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
Ya know...
I went to Christina's myspace to see if she is selling her stuff there and here's what I found...

She has posted about things that she is doing and selling but there is an element missing that you will find with Jill and Christie. It seems to me that she is being creative and resourceful. She doesn't sell her stuff or herself in the name of Starting Over. She doesn't try to make you feel that you just have to have this item because it was made by Christina of Starting Over fame (where have we heard those words before?).

We all know that she isn't all that well spoken and not the best writer but - well - it looks to me like she is trying and trying hard. She is actually making the items she is selling, not buying them for a few cents at the dollar store and then hawking them in the name of celebrity.

I went to ebay and looked at her stuff. Again, she doesn't sell her stuff in the name of Starting Over fame.

Here are the descriptions of the items she has sold.

I personally hand made this hat out of a special yarn that matts up when you wash it and dry it. It has already been pre shrunk. I have had this type of hat in my personal collection for months now and am constantly getting comments from people on how much they love my hat. The greatest thing about this hat is it looks great on everyone. NO JOKE. I have yet to find anyone that says they don't like the way it looks on them. This specific hat is a multi colored yarn mainly brown with highlights of pink, yellow, blue and green.

This is the 1994 holiday barbie with gold dress in perfect in box condition! Brand new! Minor dent on side of box.
Email me with any questions.

I hand made this hat out of multi colored gray yarn, it is so soft and isn't a very thick hat so it will be breezy enough to wear in the summer. There is a cute pink button on the very top center of the hat to give it a very chic look.

I don't know if she has slipped back into her old life and frankly, I don't really care. But it looks to me like she is working hard, being creative, being resourceful and honest which is much more that anyone can say for Jill or Christie.

And the painting... meh. It's really not that bad and someone will enjoy having it in their home.

JMHO

God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

06-25-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
You have a very good point there. where Christie is doing every thing and I mean everything to stay a star, so she thinks.

Pics by sharnina

Sandra4677 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-28-06, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sandra4677 Click to send private message to Sandra4677 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
I have no idea where you read about funding her son's birthday party. I was just to her MySpace page and read this:

Saturday, May 27, 2006

My first BLOG
Current mood: excited
Category: Fashion, Style, Shopping

Hey you guys!

This is my first blog ever.

I am living in NC and working at my father's store part time and making clothes the rest of the time. My dream is to have my own clothing line one day.

As some of you may know I have been making clothing and accessories and selling them on ebay. I am also making custom orders for hats and purses. I am coming out with a few other styles of purses I am working on a hobo style purse with an antique flair to it. If you would like to put in an order just email me. They are affordable and super stylish! Nothing I make will ever be plain!

Love and Light!!

Christina

So she DOES have a job people! I think she is selling things on EBAY for fun and not for income. She also is a very talented artist and sells some of those on Ebay, too. What's wrong with that? You all can't tell me that you would like to hold onto your 'fame' as long as you could - if you ever had it? I really think she is trying to find new outlets for her creativity. There are so many rumors about each HG and they are just that... RUMORS! You all need to grow up and stop being so damn immature and catty.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-06, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "WARNING - Sandra4677 "
And YOU need to read our community guidelines, since your post violates multiple guidelines.

First of all, we permit bashing of the show and its participants here, but bashing other posters is not permitted.

Second of all, copying entries from other sites is a violation. Both this site and MySpace have rules against inappropriately copying content posted by another person.

There's a link to our guidelines at the top of this page - I advise you to read and follow them if you want to be allowed to continue posting here.

Sandra4677 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-28-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sandra4677 Click to send private message to Sandra4677 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: WARNING - Sandra4677 "
So someone can copy and paste about her ebay listings and they don't get a warning?

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-06, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: WARNING - Sandra4677 "
If you think a poster has violated our guidelines, then alert the moderators. The guidelines spell out the appropriate way to do so. Alert the specific post that causes a problem using the alert button at the bottom of the post.

06-28-06, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to send private message to SneakingSallythrougtheAlley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
I'm a big fan of Christina. I saw some of Season three the first time but I am watching most of it on reruns. I read that she is working in her father's store. I think that shows she was serious about her plan to make changes in her life. Working with her father who she said she did not have much of a relationship with growing up is a big change. I'm really happy for her and I have no problem with ebay sales. Loads of people sell things on ebay and it is usually for fun.

Christina comes off as a really strong and intelligent and very beautiful young lady and I have no doubt her future will be bright. I think she put up with an enormous amount of crap on the show, and even though all the participants did she was at times treated with cruelty. That was very, very wrong IMO. Leaving her past really should not have been played up as an issue of honor as much as moving foward into something more productive, safe and rewarding with a future. Her manipulation and hustling from her past look more like skills to me than it does personality flaws. After all, she succeeded in what she did and she survived where many women do not. That girl is strong as nails in my book and given the opportunity, she will go places.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-29-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
I don't understand why it would be such a big deal for her to be selling things on ebay.

I became disabled 2 years ago, and ebay has become a nice hobby as well as a way to bring in a little extra money for me. Does that make ME some kind of hustler? I think not!

I say kudos to her that she is trying to rebuild a very broken and shameful past, by doing things that are honest and upfront!

And hey, if someone wants to buy used pantyhose, homemade hats, or whatever-to each his own! You'd be surprised the things that I have sold that I never thought would sell!!

As long as she's staying clear of the pimps, and doing things legally, why can't we just be happy for her??

06-29-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
28. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
I have had a few things negative to say about Christina in the past and shame on ME, I think I just wanted to join the band wagon so to speak, I was pregnant and married at 14, I did some not so nice things when I was using heroin, things only God and I know about, shamefull things, and before I say one more negative thing about someone else, I better take a look-see at my own life! I e-mailed Christina to see if she would respond and to say good job and she e-mailed me back almost immediatly.
so maybe I better look in my own back yard before I step in theirs, and this is not meant for anyone who has there own opionion cause I believe in the freedom of speech, I'm just saying that I'm ashamed of my own behavior towards Christina...

Sig by Sharnina

Sweeti 138 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-06, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweeti Click to send private message to Sweeti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
while Christina may sell odd things on eba, I do have to agree..she very easily could have gone back to hooking/pole swinging and she didn't. Good for her! she has a real job. hope she has fun ebaying!

06-30-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
30. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
Wow Stacceturner! What a wonderful post!

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-06, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
Hi Everyone....I've been off the boards for a while....and after reading your comments concerning Christina's new projects, I have to wonder why is it that she can't see that she's still young and can alter her life as it has been suggested by going back to school and obtaining some type of career training if she's not interested in pursuing a college degree....there's nothing wrong with sells on E-Bay, however, it's not steady income....if she's working for her dad in the computer store...(she seemed to be computer literate on the show)... why not entertain this as a career choice?

It seems to me that she's lazy and manipulative and looking for the easy route to success....(that roads paved with wannabees who are still waiting on opportunity)...the best thing she can do for her son is educate herself...she's back in the fold with her family and should use this opportunity to pursue a legitimate career while she has help with Jackson...when will she learn that she can't live like she desires without first putting forth the effort to prepare herself for future job opportunities....afterall, preparation is the key to success. Peace!

"I walk in my own shoes..."

MovinOnUp 28 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-06, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MovinOnUp Click to send private message to MovinOnUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-06 AT 06:07 PM (EST)

I have to wonder why is it that she can't see that she's still young and can alter her life as it has been suggested by going back to school and obtaining some type of career training if she's not interested in pursuing a college degree.

I've seen this question from a couple of people, and I wonder what makes people think she's not. Remember, the girl has only had her GED for less than a year now...AND that wasn't why she came in the house. IMO sometimes it takes people awhile before they understand the value of education AND school is not the best path for everyone. You also have to bear in mind that it's just been over a year since she was stripping. I guess I see it as one step at a time. The fact that she's doing anything other than using her body to make money right now...I see as a win.

It seems to me that she's lazy and manipulative and looking for the easy route to success....

Now, I have to say I just don't agree with you on this one. I think the fact that she has a job AND is working on other projects trying to make money is pretty impressive.

...afterall, preparation is the key to success.

Have to agree with you there...the thing of it is that we have no idea what she is being prepared for...so who knows, she just may be exactly where she needs to be.

I have had friends who were strippers and saw what they went through to get out of that lifestyle...and seeing it firsthand, I have to say to Christina (and anyone else who is or has been in that position) way to go.

So I say sell those legwarmers, hats, art pieces and whatever else you can find Christina. Better them than you!

Edited to add: I just realized what the title of this thread is and thought..."No...I'm pretty sure the stripping and hustling were probably a bit lower." I guess "low" is in the eye of the beholder.

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-06 AT 06:38 PM (EST)

Hi MovinOnUp...I understand that it's been only a year, however, that's a lot of time wasted in the education ring. The best time to start her classes would've been as soon as she finished the GED...I guess she wasted time with her "mentor" and although she's working now, she can attend school at night or fit classes in between her job and other activities.

Selling on E-Bay is much better than selling herself on the streets...but, she needs to aspire to do more with her life if she wants to become successful and not have to depend on others for the welfare of her self and her son.

I think manipulation is still very much a part of Christina's character and it makes her lazy (IMO) because she's good at it and uses it as a tool to get ahead instead of putting her nose to the grind to get what she wants with a sense of accomplishment. I initially liked Christina, but soon saw her manipulative ways and it was a big obstacle for me.

Having a job with her father isn't exactly where she wants to be...she could've had that before she became a stripper or escort....she definitely (IMO)wants a life with little effort on her behalf...compared to her previous life, it is progress, but she could do more to secure her future....JMHO...nothing more.

...afterall, preparation is the key to success.

Have to agree with you there...the thing of it is that we have no idea what she is being prepared for...so who knows, she just may be exactly where she needs to be.

That's a possibility, however, some opportunities only knock once and she needs to figure out which direction she would like for her life to take at some point in time and "today" could be a great day to decide.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

MichaelB 74 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-06, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MichaelB Click to send private message to MichaelB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
At the risk of sounding chauvinistic, with her looks Christina could find a husband that makes a good living to support her but from the sound of that baboon that answered the phone at her boyfriend's place she only hangs out with slobs. Grown men who don't own a car and start their day with a few bong hits. And as for getting married that prostitution thing is going to haunt her.
When a prospective husband asks how many people she's "been with" she'll have to pull out a big shoe box full of receipts.

carriem 91 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carriem Click to send private message to carriem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
ROFLMAO!Maybe Christina should design a line of hoochie mama clothes like the ones she turned tricks in.She could let people know that the clothes really work.Anything is better than getting a job, evidentley.

bootsie 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-24-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bootsie Click to send private message to bootsie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
I'm sure this may be going out on llimb here, but I guess I don't get off bashing people. It dosen't matter if they are someone on the show are somone write what they think. I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes but I think what Christina is doing is great. At least she is not out there stripping or having sex with men for money. And If she needs to raise a few extra dollars for her son's birthday by selling her stuff on e-bay then I say more POWER to her.

Denalio 903 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-06, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low! NOT AT ALL "
I agree with what you have posted Sharnina!

And as far as the title of this thread is concerned, it seems to me that selling stuff on ebay hardly should be considered a "bottom low" compared to what Christina has done in the past. I wish someone could explain to me how selling items on ebay rates as "lower" than stripping or selling your body....

I also think selling a few items on ebay is something many, many people are perfectly capable of doing AS WELL AS pursuing other goals such as working in a full time job or taking classes. I find it interesting that people assume this is the ONLY thing Christina is doing to raise money.

I say, good luck and best wishes to Christina! She never seemed like she wanted a lot of media attention, but was truly in the house to change her life and move forward.

Awe inspiring Tribe sig!!!

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
>christina is now selling used leg
>warmers from her grandmother. apparently
>she is calling them "vintage"
>and she is sewing on
>buttons and stuff.
>
>she wants you/us to buy them
>for her son's "party fund"
>she is having a big
>b-day bash for him and
>she is begging us to
>buy them....

YIKES!!! How old is grandma anyway? Are there moth holes in them? Do they have that "wonderful" mothball smell? Did grandma have a bladder problem? Have they been washed or are they full of dead skin flakes? Ewwww.

Did grandma still need those leg warmers? Winter is a comin' and ex-lilho has absconded with grandma's leg warmers?

I'll do anything I can to help keep her off the street but she's really pushing it...sewing buttons on everything she can get her hands on.

Well, I'm still here. Partial mastectectomy and sentinel node biopsy on June 6th. Was looking forward to (huge eye roll) 4 months of treatment (radiation and chemothery) starting mid-July but had another mammography before starting the brachytherapy during which two more spots showed up. Radiologist says he can't do anything until the new areas are biopsied. So tomorrow I get to undergo two back-to-back biopsies. Hoping they are benign but my luck ran out when I got the original diagnosis so.....whatever happens happens. If cancerous, maybe another partial mastectomy before the chemo and radiation or just tempted to get a mastectomy and reconstruction to get it over with. In the words of Allison, it's not good. But guess it could be worse. Tired of the doctors...and all of the drama of waiting for the pathology reports.

So with the new spots it's like starting from the beginning. Can't seem to get past go. But at least I know what to expect cuz I've done it all before.

My goal is to be the world's worst patient. Owwww, I say before even being touched.

What'd I'd like to say to the doc tomorrow : Doc, I need morphine STAT! She'd respond : Are you having pain? Then I'd say : No, I just need some morphine.

Well, take care.

Mr Black 29 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Black Click to send private message to Mr%20Black Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
DASBOOT...GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK!!!!

Does anyone know Christina's last name?

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: christina has hit a bottom low!"
Thanks Mr. Black. It's a looks to be a long road back to health. A day at a time proposition.

Both of the biopsies came back positive, one DCIS and the other invasive. Not what I had hoped for, but what I got. The Dr. recommended a full mastectomy and lymph node removal, the most aggressive treatment because my cancer is high grade. I was angry because I had been taking my mammograms yearly in order to catch the disease early so I hopely wouldn't have to undergo such drastic measures. It hasn't turned out that way, so I felt shafted. SHAFTED! I looked for every alternative to the mastectomy but common sense prevailed : Diseased flesh must go. So I dawdled in order to have some extra time with my breast. I wanted to take it to Mallorca, but there wasn't time or money, so I wined and dined it (my breast), wooed it at home. The last week was the most poignant as I was very mindful of every activity being the last time with my breast. And I apologized to it over and over and over again.

So the twins are no more (and I'm not talking about the twin towers!). September 18, I went on the chopping block. Had a right mastectomy with a latissimus flap and a silicone implant. 5 drains after surgery (ouch)! Recovering slowly....headed for months of chemo treatment. Just hope to get it over with so I can have some fun next summer because this one was wasted fooling around with the doctors. Also will have to have a breast reduction on my left breast so it will match the right. The only good news is that I got to keep my lymph nodes, my decision, which I could regret in the future. The mastectomy sight looks hideous. It will be interesting to see what it eventually turns out to be.

I went abstinent from alcohol in April but have started to drink a glass of wine daily as it is supposed to be helpful in fighting cancer. (laugh, giggle, snort) I deserve some fun with this bitchin' disease, don't I? (and mixing the wine with the oxycodone isn't so bad either)

So that's it. Soon to be titless and bald. Can it get any better? Where is the oxycodone? I need another oxycodone. But people lose body parts everyday and losing a breast is no different so...I'm not that special.

Well, thanks for listening. Keep taking your mammograms even though they may not bring good news.

I found myself missing the show last week. Found myself missing LazyLisa, Allisham, SnootyRhonda, ShrillIyanla..... everyone. This cancer is making me infinitely wise and I have seen the need to take total responsibility for one's life. And if you can't or don't, you shouldn't show up on national tv whining about dis or dat expecting the world to feel sorry for you. And if you are a goof-off or thief or whatever then accept it, but don't expect others to get caught up in your personal drama, internal struggles. Donald Trump was on Larry King last night and he said there have been a few successful Apprentice candidates who became so enamored of the cameras that they were more interested in getting into the movies than in working in his organization. Guess they were seduced by the bright lights which I am sure happened on Starting Over too. "Sure I'll cry on cue", just put me on camera. And this just cheapens life...and the therapeutic process. Only tolerable if you take it all with a grain of salt.

I thought that new fellow, Dr. Ablow, would be a replacement for the show but it hasn't really. The only thing he is blowing is chunks. Maybe his name should be IBlowChunks. A psychiatrist doing therapy? When did this happen? Of course, he is in the process of writing a book. And the show is probably just a launching pad for it. More salt please.

Well, it's all off topic. Forgive me. Take care.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •