The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Allison may have turned to the cloth"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-13-06, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Allison may have turned to the cloth"
I posted a link in the link compilation thread. Dopey Dwarf suggested I post reference to it here because people will want to read about it. She's probably right and that thread is pretty tedious and long.

It is about Allison, who may or may not have become a minister type. It goes to a church, in her hometown. The site lists an "Allison Stanley" . She is giving a sermon this Sunday called 'Truth and Dare". I can not find a photo of her on the site. All of the staff is there, except "allison Stanley" , go figure. There is an e-mail though. an AOL e-mail. Perhaps someone with AOL can check out the profile on aol, see if there is one.

The head Rev also mentions Allison Stanley as an asset to the church or something.

Perhaps this is why we haven't heard from her except for the 5k race?

Seems like those who go on and have something to do, just sort of disappear because they are busy. more power to them.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Allison may have turned to the ... EMTBGRL 06-13-06 1
 RE: Allison may have turned to the ... GoodnightLittleBear 06-13-06 2
   RE: Allison may have turned to the ... EMTBGRL 06-14-06 8
 RE: Allison may have turned to the ... Labyrinth 06-13-06 3
 RE: Allison may have turned to the ... snowflake2 06-13-06 4
 RE: Allison may have turned to the ... sharnina 06-13-06 5
   RE: Allison may have turned to the ... Labyrinth 06-13-06 6
       RE: Allison may have turned to the ... GoodnightLittleBear 06-15-06 12
 RE: Allison may have turned to the ... maryellennaco 06-13-06 7
 RE: Allison may have turned to the ... eire_heart74 06-14-06 9
   RE: Allison may have turned to the ... petmama 06-14-06 10
       RE: Allison may have turned to the ... sweet cheeks 06-14-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-13-06, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
It is also possible that Allison Stanley was approved to give a sermon in her own church as a layperson, without being recognized as "clergy." ("the cloth")

It depends on the religion as to the "rules" of who is allowed in the pulpit for a Sunday sermon. It would also explain why Allison Stanley isn't listed anywhere in the "staff directory." She is probably listed in the "membership directory." My guess is Allison is an active member of her congregation that either requested to speak, or was invited to do so by the Religious Services Chair and the Reverend.

This could be a one-shot deal, too. Also, some congregations will pay members for a sermon, but some do not. For Allison's sake, I hope she is in one of the churches that pay for guest speakers (a lot of work goes into a sermon--a good sermon especially.)

OK, admittedly, there is a part of me that would like to see Allison give a sermon---the same part of me that cheers for the underdog, and the part of me that knows how hard it is to stand in a pulpit and see a congregation in divided attention.

(I do that several times a year. It's not easy.)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-13-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
I'm surprised Allison hasn't broadcasted to the world regarding her upcoming "sermon". I'm surprised NBC Nightly News hasn't picked up on this...

"I wanna preeeeaaaacccchhh!"

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-14-06, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
>I'm surprised Allison hasn't broadcasted to
>the world regarding her upcoming
>"sermon". I'm surprised NBC
>Nightly News hasn't picked up
>on this...
>
>"I wanna preeeeaaaacccchhh!"

OK. That's a LOL here!
I just hope that's not the sentence Allison uses to start her sermon!

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-13-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
If she is a member she will talk for free. Or she may be friends with a member. It's not that unusual. So sorry not that impressed.

Besides we already know that Allisham loves to talk and share her story. Remember she is studying for her Spiritual Psychology degree at the unaccredited program at the Univ. of Santa Monica. Always amazes me how people who don't want to get a real degree go into the religious or counseling fields to put some alphabet behind their name.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-13-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
Sorry to be cynical here, but I think Allison is doing this to kill 2 birds with 1 stone...she'll probably add this to her "public speaking" resume, plus by being affiliated with a church, she is probably hoping to erase her public image as a scammer.

I'm not exactly sure how well what she's learning from Iyanla and USMC fits in with a Methodist church...she must take a different "angle" with her "sermons".

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-13-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
LAST EDITED ON 06-13-06 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

The church is a United Methodist Church and they often use lay persons to fill in for the pastor on occasion.

Lay Leaders are church members that oversee various ministries in their church. Usually they are required to be church members. Allison is listed in Witness/Evangelism. This means that she oversees the area of witnessing and evangelism in her church. This ministry is the one that organizes door to door visits within their community (a very southern thing). She probably also coordinates outreach type events.

Lay Leaders are not paid staff members.

The beauty of this is that she did NOT advertise this, she did not boast about it. She is quietly serving in her church - as it should be.

God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
Yeah I'm from the South too - and I have a word for everyone to watch for the word "evangelism".

From the land of Oral Roberts, I can very much tell you to be afraid, be very afraid.

Oh and I'm sure the "praying to the universe" can be blurred to fit Igauna or Allishams' preaching words. After all it's all the same rhetoric -- "standing in your truth" "being authentic to your real self" - yeah it would be real interesting to read a transcript of Truth and Dare and see how much was lifted straight from a SO episode. Or this could be her trot out the "I survived cancer speech" from her on the road dog and pony show where she bills herself as a professional next to college graduates with more then two degrees (in terms of refernce you will have to go back to an earlier post where she spoke to the medical community).

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
I think Allison could be more aptly compared to Robert Tilton. She's out to make a buck and get the attention she so desperately craves.

I just hope she doesn't take to rolling around in the pulpit.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-06, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
LAST EDITED ON 06-13-06 AT 10:43 PM (EST)

I have a relative who is a breast cancer survivor, a Methodist, and a TALKER... She's done nothing but get out the mammography and early detection message and I say, reluctantly, that if Allison is spreading THAT message, MORE POWER TO HER! Make a difference instead of being some old DAW, already....

Edited for speeling

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
If she is getting women to go get a mamo, than fine by me for her talking on the pulpit!

I always thought her little number at the Vegas fundraiser, that she seemed comfortable and good at being the "MC" for the event. But I hate to say it, once her massive debt was shown as being alot of her shopping sprees at WalMart and such, I lost so much respect for her. Esp since she was begging on line all summer for funds.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-06 AT 05:35 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-14-06 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

Since I buy most of my tops and blue jeans from Wal-Mart, I'm familiar enough with their items to know that very few of the clothes Allison wore this past season came from there. The blue blouse she wore the day everyone posed for full body pictures is the only item I recognize as coming from Wal-Mart. And, it only cost $9.92. Which is why I bought four or five of them myself. I think much of her debt is due to her indulgence in expensive wine.

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-14-06, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Allison may have turned to the cloth"

Ya know Mama you could be right about Allison.
She may be spending most of her money on WINE.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •