The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Andy, please sit down and shut up!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-24-06, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Andy, please sit down and shut up!"
I love how they cut Andy off. She was about to expound on things as though she was a life coach instead of the make over queen that she is.

She took it as a joke and the LC's made it out to be, but it really wasn't.

I also liked it when Cassie(first year) answered Dr Stan that she did not know him since he wasn't there. This was after he said something to the effect of his SO.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Andy, please sit down and shut ... snowflake2 05-24-06 1
   RE: Andy, please sit down and shut ... 26mitogo 05-25-06 3
 RE: Andy, please sit down and shut ... shawnar 05-24-06 2
   RE: Andy, please sit down and shut ... SeasonedRefinement 05-25-06 4
       RE: Andy, please sit down and shut ... BimBo 05-25-06 5
 RE: Andy, please sit down and shut ... eire_heart74 05-25-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Andy, please sit down and shut up!"
I thought Andy's speech was very condescending. It seemed to boil down to : Just remember, girls, no one else on earth is as evolved as we are! Everyone else is just like we were before we entered the SOH and got our superpowers!

Personally, I think Andy should have been scared to be among that crowd of past graduates. I would have liked to have seen them all collectively issue Andy a beating for those horrible makeovers she inflicted on them!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-25-06, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Andy, please sit down and shut up!"
~ Snow ~ >>"I thought Andy's speech was very condescending."<<

I agree .... but I think Andy talks down & condescending to the other women all the time.

Your summary Snow sounds like something Andy would think every day of her life >>"Just remember, girls, no one else on earth is as evolved as we are! Everyone else is just like we were before we entered the SOH and got our superpowers!"<<

She did say the biggest issue she had to work on during her stay in the SOH1 was that she didn't have women friends, doesn't get along with other females. Maybe she uses a little Christie-ism when she does the makeovers -- a little passive-aggressive uglyfication. And she certainly did see herself as the 3rd LC ... "if you don't let me do what I want to you in this makeover, you are resisting the process and I'll just use my powers with Rhonda and have that little graduation you think you are getting tonight taken away. I am important, you know? I am superior to all of you little HGs, you know? I am Rhonda's bff, you know? I am a beautiiful model, you know? I am the star you wish you could be so DO AS I SAY & wear this ugly dress, & shut up while they cut your hair off and style it sticking out everywhere, & let me layer on this clown makeup before you go to your little graduation ... Because I am SUPER ANDY ... revered by women the world over, inciting rages of jelousy every move I make"

So if they cut off Andy's speech, I don't mind, she has said enough this year, none of it worth a dime. A few more worthless words wouldn't have done any good nor would it have been pleasant to listen to more of Andy saying THEY are *the chosen ones* ... better than all others.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-06, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Andy, please sit down and shut up!"
Actually I thought it was kind of rude that they cut her off. I am in no way sticking up for Andie Paige I hated most her makeovers and had seen enough of her the first season, but makeovers aside she did have a compelling story that brought her to the house I would have liked to hear her talk a little more about her experience in the house.

And as far as Cassie1 I thought her comment showed that she is still the crass rude kid she was before her graduation. (Maybe I would of thought that it was funny if she would of said that to Rhonda but Dr. Stan is the man.)

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-25-06, 04:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Andy, please sit down and shut up!"
I agree. I would have been interested in Andie's personal experience in the house. I wasn't watching the show yet when she was a HG, and I've only heard about her bio through other people.

The confusion was in Andie's head. Andie saw herself as one of the leaders. And we can thank Rhonda for that. She used her influence to give her friend a job. She was invited to participate as an alumnus of SO. They didn't put a fourth chair out for her in "leadership row", lol.

Andie wasn't prepared to talk about her particular journey. She had prepared a speech that was intended to help the women use all of their enlightment back in the world. Silly Andie...2/3 of those women transitioned back into "the world" quite a while ago. She was instructive, not personal, and she was about to get more instructive. Who knows, maybe she was planning on taking some questions.

I was glad that she was told to wrap it up and sit down. Actually, with all the tears and stories, it sounded like SO was being eulogized at its own funeral.

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-06, 06:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Andy, please sit down and shut up!"
SR,....I would have had a question for her; Andy, what will you do now that you're un-employed?????

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-25-06, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Andy, please sit down and shut up!"
Well I have a feeling she may have been rambling on a bit and they edited alot of that out. She was probably told to wrap it up because it was just getting to long.

I really feel for Andy. As much as I questioned her style choices, you knew from season 1 that doing make overs on tv is exactly what she wanted to do. There she was doing it. Yeah it was on the show she was on but at least she got her goal. Where will she go now? Who knows? But her website has booked at dozens of places for her "Cents of Style" workshops so she doing her goal of working in beauty and fashion.

She had, and I quote because I never forgot, "an utter disdain" for women when she entered that house. Takes a big person to say that. I am curious to see how her personal life is now. I know she is still best buds with Lori. Even in her wedding. But I wonder who else she has let into her life.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •