The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Raising Caine?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-24-06, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Raising Caine?"
How can Christie "decide" that she is going to raise Caine? How will she get custody? Is it okay with the mother? Is it okay with Caine??? I find it all very strange. Not to mention that a 12 year old is more than half "raised" anyway. Then there is the issue of if Christie will be good for him. I can't see her caring for a goldfish. Also, is Tata Toadie going to just send checks or are Christie and Caine moving to Georgia?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Raising Caine? Sumrsno 05-24-06 1
   RE: Raising Caine? watches too much 05-24-06 4
 RE: Raising Caine? eire_heart74 05-24-06 2
   RE: Raising Caine? staceeturner 05-25-06 10
 RE: Raising Caine? creepyoldwoman 05-24-06 3
   RE: Raising Caine? Juliejo 05-24-06 5
   RE: Raising Caine? tac_2 05-24-06 6
 RE: Raising Caine? tac_2 05-24-06 7
   RE: Raising Caine? Cinnamongirl30 05-24-06 8
       RE: Raising Caine? tac_2 05-24-06 9
       RE: Raising Caine? beckettrep 06-08-06 18
 RE: Raising Caine? 26mitogo 05-25-06 11
   RE: Raising Caine? Zoey 05-25-06 12
   RE: Raising Caine? petmama 06-07-06 13
       RE: Raising Caine? c_ya_so 06-07-06 14
           RE: Raising Caine? phlinky 06-07-06 15
               RE: Raising Caine? standinmytruth 06-07-06 16
                   RE: Raising Caine? petmama 06-08-06 17
                       RE: Raising Caine? beckettrep 06-08-06 19
                       RE: Raising Caine? Seabisquit 06-08-06 20
                           RE: Raising Caine? petmama 06-09-06 21
 RE: Raising Caine? JustBNMe 06-09-06 22
   RE: Raising Caine? smokeysmom 06-09-06 23
   RE: Raising Caine? Cinnamongirl30 06-09-06 24
       RE: Raising Caine? SeasonedRefinement 06-09-06 25
           RE: Raising Caine? BimBo 06-10-06 26
               RE: Raising Caine? Seabisquit 06-11-06 27
                   RE: Raising Caine? SeasonedRefinement 06-11-06 28
                       RE: Raising Caine? EMTBGRL 06-11-06 29
                           RE: Raising Caine? snowflake2 06-11-06 30
                               RE: Raising Caine? SeasonedRefinement 06-11-06 31
                                   People... mysticwolf 06-12-06 32
           RE: Raising Caine? 26mitogo 06-12-06 33
               RE: Raising Caine? SeasonedRefinement 06-12-06 34
                   RE: Raising Caine? staceeturner 06-17-06 35
                       RE: Raising Caine? lyingchristie 06-17-06 36
                           RE: Raising Caine? staceeturner 06-17-06 37
                           RE: Raising Caine? tac_2 06-17-06 38
 RE: Raising Caine? maryellennaco 06-21-06 39
 RE: Raising Caine? petmama 06-26-06 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sumrsno 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sumrsno Click to send private message to Sumrsno Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Raising Caine?"
>How can Christie "decide" that she
>is going to raise Caine?
> How will she get
>custody? Is it okay
>with the mother? Is
>it okay with Caine???
>I find it all very
>strange. Not to mention
>that a 12 year old
>is more than half "raised"
>anyway. Then there is
>the issue of if Christie
>will be good for him.
> I can't see her
>caring for a goldfish.
>Also, is Tata Toadie going
>to just send checks or
>are Christie and Caine moving
>to Georgia?

In the beginning Christie seemed to want no part in raising her brother. Who, I wonder brought Christie around to decide she would be taking on parenting?
I raised my sister from 14 years old, and there was a court order
in place, deeming me her legal gaurdian.
I think, even if the boy's mother gave her consent, Christie would want to have it in writing, unless Christie wants to "see"
if she is capable before commiting herself to raising Cain.

I also find it strange for a person barely more than a stranger,
(Jodi) to offer financial help, unless there is a deeper
relationship here, namely Jodi and Christie being involved
romantically. If they are, than good for them.However, I just hope that all things can be managed with Cain's welfare being the number one priority.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

watches too much 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-06, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail watches%20too%20much Click to send private message to watches%20too%20much Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Raising Caine?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

>I just hope
>that all things can be
>managed with Cain's welfare being
>the number one priority.

I am worried that Christie, although well meaning may not be ready to take on the responsiblities of parenthood. Yes, she with help, organized a 5k run but it does not mean that she is ready to raise a child. Can she put his needs first? What happens when the "honeymoon" phase is over and he acts out like all kids do?

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-24-06, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Raising Caine?"
I find it hard to believe that she could even get custody. I am sorry but the courts are not going to reward custody to her with her track record. Just out of rehab for both drugs and booze? Yeah right!

Not to mention she talked about the incident with her and an exboyfriend getting into it and her throwing a hammer at him. I am sure there is a police report on this. Who knows if that is the only one she has?

Background checks are done in these cases. You just don't walk in and say I want to raise this kid. I would like to think she means well but she needs to be realistic about it. It might be a while before that could happen.

I hope whatever happens that they both go into therapy together as brother and sister. It would be a good thing for them both.

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Raising Caine?"
>I find it hard to believe
>that she could even get
>custody. I am
>sorry but the courts are
>not going to reward custody
>to her with her track
>record. Just out of
>rehab for both drugs and
>booze? Yeah right!
>
>
>Not to mention she talked about
>the incident with her and
>an exboyfriend getting into it
>and her throwing a hammer
>at him. I am
>sure there is a police
>report on this. Who
>knows if that is the
>only one she has?
>
>Background checks are done in these
>cases. You just don't
>walk in and say I
>want to raise this kid.
> I would like
>to think she means well
>but she needs to be
>realistic about it.
>It might be a while
>before that could happen.
>
>I hope whatever happens that they
>both go into therapy together
>as brother and sister.
> It would be a
>good thing for them both.
>

You are so right about back grounds being done, as I have said before I lost my girls and my Daughter got custody of them Thank God for that but there was extensive and I mean extensive background checks and inspections of her house and her husband's background and it took the state of Nevada 2 in ahalf months to do this and in the mean time my girls was in a nice foster home. they are not just going to legally hand Caine over to Christie, not legally anyway, JMho

short&sassy

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Raising CAINE?
I don't think she's ABLE.
lol.

Miss Thang is already on another reality show and busily pimping her charms and candles over the net. I saw her signing other HG's my spaces and hawking her goods in their comments. She's also busy falling onto leather couches and really looking high with cotton mouth to boot and stringy greasy hair.

So, how does she think she could possibly care for a young teen? Maybe this is just a play for sympathy to bilk us naive fans out of our hard earned dollars to buy her stuff.

Or perhaps this is some dangerously misguided rhonda suggestion that in order to get over the ideal mommy concept that Crusty had, she has to get over any guilt about leaving her brother with said mother. So, Crusty the clown, will now be the hero in Caine's life, when Crusty had no hero and nobody to save her in her childhood. Maybe this was some psychological self forgiveness exercise or something. I don't know. Jodi would be good for Caine. She's not a drug addict and she has a good head on her shoulders. Perhaps Caine can fill her empty cup of not having kids herself.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-24-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Raising Caine?"
I dont' think Chrisite is one bit qualified to raise her brother and I ask you where her help has been for the past 12 years while her brother was living with her drug addicted mother? What took her so long to see that this kids' life must be pure hell. She should know that first hand God knows she Pi$$ed and moaned about her life when she was a kid because her mother was a drug addict. Christie just got out of rehab and the chances of her returning to that old life style as soon as she gets out of the SO house are mighty big.
Relapse, I see it all too clearly. Cain needs a stable environemnt and one without booze and drugs and crazy people like Christie in it. She may have been Rhonda's pet because she had addiction problems but she sure wasnt' and isnt' mine.
She is the last person on earth who needs' this child to raise. She has no home, no job and no place to even take the boy. What makes her think the courts' are just going to hand this boy over to her because she has decided she wants to impress Rhonda and the other staff at the SO house. It is all CRAP, I dont' think for one minute that Christie is telling the truth. She is saying what she thinks' they want to hear. It will never happen.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-06, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Raising Caine?"
I didn't see yesterdays ep (by choice) so I missed Jodi's announcement of financial aid for Cain. I'm wondering, how could she make such an offer not having even met the boy. Or did she?

How sickening, Cain becomes not only a hook for Christie to plug her merchandise, and a tool for Jodi to portray herself as a heroic benefactor, but for also the show.
Another kid exploited for SO, just like Dustin.

Jodi's blog: 5/23

I love you my sweet girl! Here is to the next page of our unwriitten journey. I am so blessed I get to do it by your side! SO Sista's forever! All my heart.....

xoxo

Christie

(The dope and the doper together forever. How heartwarming.
Which one of them is moving? I'll guess Jodi, to keep an eye on her christie-investment, Cain.)

Christie is just plain dumb so anything she does wouldn't surprise me but Jodi? I'm seeing a master manipulator here and how pathetic she feels the need to buy love.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what chances Christie has of taking legal custody of Cain but I will assume the State of California will require details she'll be unwilling to share. Like her employment history for starters. And I would hope they require a sufficient period of time where Christie proves she's clean of alcohol and drugs. And what about her history of domestic violence - something about using a hammer on her boyfriend that turned into as I gathered from her mumblings a "big ol' court thang". The girl is not just stupid but violent, how safe would Cain be in her care the first time she gets annoyed?

Jodi can continue to support Christie and Christie can continue to kiss her a$$ for financial gain and, personally, I feel they deserve each other, but Cain sure doesn't need either of them in his life based on what I've seen of their behaviors on SO and beyond.

05-24-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Raising Caine?"

>Also, is Tata Toadie going
>to just send checks or
>are Christie and Caine moving
>to Georgia?

TaTa? lol!

Now I'm sort of regretting I chose not to watch Christie's graduation. Hearing her say that might have been worth it.

Jodi gets my vote as biggest deceiver SO has ever seen. Talk about controlling - she'll probably rename Cain. Poor kid.

Cinnamongirl30 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-24-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinnamongirl30 Click to send private message to Cinnamongirl30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Raising Caine?"
IMO the best place for Cain would be with family. His mother has proven to be a severe drug abuser who put her kid in harms way time and time again. Putting him in a foster home could have horrible lasting affects. No, She is probably the best option by far. There are so many foster parents who don't give a sh*t about the kids or their issues and just want $$$. Not a gamble any sister would be willing to take. Kids should only be sent there as a last resort. Poor kid I hope it works out for them he's probably been through hell already. What's with Jodie though??? I'm dying to know how she has all of this money to spread around. To offer that kind of support on national t.v. it really doesn't sound like she's bullsh*ting.

05-24-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Raising Caine?"
What's with Jodie
>though??? I'm dying to know
>how she has all of
>this money to spread around.
>To offer that kind of
>support on national t.v. it
>really doesn't sound like she's
>bullsh*ting.

I wasn't under the impression Jodi had a lot of money, just more money than the rest of her unemployed and broke housemates. So, in comparison, maybe Iyanla considers her wealthy. ;) After all, IV's been known to leap conclusions.

And, people who brag about having a lot of something often times are lying or using what little they do have to control others. Like Jodi, perhaps. What else could Jodi use besides money to attract people to her -- quite honestly, I can't think of a single thing.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-08-06, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Raising Caine?"
> IMO the best place for
>Cain would be with family.
>His mother has proven to
>be a severe drug abuser
>who put her kid in
>harms way time and time
>again. Putting him in a
>foster home could have horrible
>lasting affects. No, She is
>probably the best option by
>far. There are so many
>foster parents who don't give
>a sh*t about the kids
>or their issues and just
>want $$$. Not a gamble
>any sister would be willing
>to take. Kids should only
>be sent there as a
>last resort. Poor kid I
>hope it works out for
>them he's probably been through
>hell already. What's with Jodie
>though??? I'm dying to know
>how she has all of
>this money to spread around.
>To offer that kind of
>support on national t.v. it
>really doesn't sound like she's
>bullsh*ting.

Foster parents have to undergo a thorough background check and granted there may be occasion for a foster parent to slip through the cracks but over-all the vast majority of good fostering homes by far out-weighs the bad. As with any system, a bad apple will slip by but they are the exception not the rule. Cain would be much better off in a loving foster home and the odds of him landing in a good one as opposed to a bad one are slim to none compared to his odds with his own family. Piss-T will be back on the junk in no time, IMHO, and lord only knows what would happen to Cain if he was with her - she'd probably wind up prostituting her own brother for a fix.

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Personally, I think it's all a big made-for-TV SO b.s. farce. I have a suspicision Christie will be using her "Raising Cain" bit the same as Allisham using her "need help paying my cancer bills" bit ... all in the name of scamming shopping $$ out of others and milking their DAW days on SO for all they can.

First of all, do you really think Christie has set up a seperate bank account for the massive funds she is collecting from the sale of those exceptionally blessed good-luck candles? I'd be surprised if Christie had the smarts to calculate 10%, much less the ability to open a special account for charity purposes. And God forbid the IRS ever look into her financial situation. Pay taxes? Christie? I thought when you got to such stardom as Christie the IRS would put you on the "Superstar - need not pay taxes" list ... or at least that would be the case in Christie's mental world.

I see Christie justifying her own use of every cent she scams, thinking of it as an investment that will pay off in huge sums in the future, of which there will be plenty to go around when she becomes an international beauty superstar if Cain should ever attend college (is he even in school?) But more likely than not, my prediction is that Cain will never come live with Christie (isn't she alread off whoring herself on another reality show?) If he does, the reality of raising a teenager, especially one who has been raised in a homeless, drug-infested world, will be more than Christie will be able to manage. I don't see her even managing her own day to day existance without cameras and a home provided by someone else (a la Cassie). She was so overwhelmed by her 5k "to do" list that she became incapacitated. And that little "to do" list for the run was NOTHING compared to dealing with life, job, and a child of any age. Even dealing with a perfectly healthy teenager who has grown up in a loving, supportive, stable environment would send Christie quickly back to her various bottles. Think about a kid who has lived his life in the environment it sounds as if he's lived ... then uproot him and force him to live with Everything-Has-To-Be-All-About-ME-Christie and TaTa-Touchie-Feelie-Jodie. This kid would START taking drugs just to survive.

Nah, I think Christie is pulling her "compassion" farce to milk all she can out of good hearted, trusting people. Then when she becomes nothing but a long-lost never heard from again DAW no one will be the wiser. Allison just happened to make the mistake of coming back on SO for MORE attention and got busted.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Raising Caine?"
I thought she had a place to live (The place she made her boyfriend move out of shortly after entering into the house).

I wonder if maybe her and her mother will live together? I don't think Christie is prepaired to be a mother either but if her drunken, drug addicted mother is doing it, maybe Christie can be helpful - either alone or with her mother. It has to be better to have someone who's sober in the child's life, I'm guessing.

Unfortunately I missed Christie's graduation and Jodi's promice of financial support. This doesn't tell me that Jodi is incredibly generous, it tells me that she's still holding on to the old her, a part of her that she needs to let go of.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-06, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Raising Caine?"
One of Christie's MySpace friends is soliciting donations for Caine's college fund. This gal sells Avon online and says 10% of her proceeds will go to this fund. And, says when Christie sets up a bank account, she'll let us know. So we can send our donations there. Sounds like Allison's "medical expenses" fund, doesn't it?

c_ya_so 53 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-06, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail c_ya_so Click to send private message to c_ya_so Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Raising Caine?"
>One of Christie's MySpace friends is
>soliciting donations for Caine's college
>fund. This gal sells Avon
>online and says 10% of
>her proceeds will go to
>this fund. And, says when
>Christie sets up a bank
>account, she'll let us know.
>So we can send our
>donations there. Sounds like Allison's
>"medical expenses" fund, doesn't it?
>

i sent christie a comment asking about her "cain fund" and one of the things she said in her reply is that she started this LONG BEFORE SHE ENTERED THE SO HOUSE.

okay, my question to her now is if that is TRUE than why doesn't she already have an account set up for him? where is that money going? so as for this money going to his FUND, bogus!!! the money is going staight into the CHRISTIE FUND!

who sets up a FUND without a bank account. christie, most people would of already had that set up BEFORE asking for donations! christie do you THINK were STUPID? that's not hard to figure out!

so with all the integrity you say that you have, how come it is that you aren't BEING YOUR WORD! your no better than allyscam and taking people's money under false pretense. don't LIE about it, just say what your doing and be your word on that, hey their might actually be people who really do feel sorry for you and give you money anyway. hey, look at your Luuuuva jodi.

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-06, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Is this the same account she is using to get the boy pedicures?

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

06-07-06, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Raising Caine?"
is cain showing ANY sign of being college material? how could he be?

06-08-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Raising Caine?"
I doubt any male who gets his toenails painted is college material.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-08-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Raising Caine?"
>I doubt any male who gets
>his toenails painted is college
>material.

LOL - there's always Beauty College, Culinary College - the guys that go there (for the most part) would probably just LUVVVVVV a pedicure .....LOL

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-06, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Raising Caine?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-06 AT 07:29 PM (EST)

No disrespect to you petmama, but I just don't see how having your toenails painted has anything to do with being college material. One of my son's friends came for a visit last summer and his toenails were painted blue. He will be graduating from UCLA next year. Kids these days do this kind of thing for fun. I don't have a problem with it.
However, with Piss-T and Cain, I think she should be spending her money a bit more wisely. If she wanted to have her brother's toenails painted, go buy a 99 cent bottle of nail polish. Or, Piss-T you can continue to blow his college fund on pedicures, which obviously, you choose to do. It's all about making good choices, spending your money wisely, or you can continue to BEG for donations and make a giant fool of yourself. BTW, how's this chick going to prepare anybody for college.

Get yourself a job girlfriend.

06-09-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Maybe blue is UCLA's color. On TV football games, I see guys painted up with their favorite college, or pro, team's colors.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-09-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Raising Caine?"
I have a hard time imagining Christie taking care of a 12 year old when she can't even run her own life with any success. Besides she is always so tired how will she keep up with him? The mere act of beathing wears Christie out. I would still like to know where Caine has been all this time before Christie decided to care for him.....

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-06, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Raising Caine?"
JustBN -- I agree, I found the story to get more and more confusing as time went on.

Never mind that the plasma screen with concrete steps that HGs were to take seemed to disappear -- the goals and stories themselves seemed to get blurrier and blurrier.

Christie was married? Broke up with her boyfriend? or both? Was working with Rhonda on body image? or just got back from rehab? or both? Didn't want to make the mistake of taking on her brother? But now does? Had the Cain college fund set up a long time ago? or not? Her story seems especially cloudy -- which is doubly odd since we find out that she was somewhat of "Rhonda's girl" prior to the show.

Has TaTa Jodie been in the picture at all on C's blogs and in her bother's life etc.? No doubt, we will never "know".

And you are right, toward the end of her stay, it really did seem that it took every last ounce of energy C had to speak / breathe. And this in a house where one did get to focus on oneself without having to work, etc.

Bleh. I'm sincerely hope that it will work out for the best, and that at the very least Social Services will become involved if need be. JMHO.

Cinnamongirl30 75 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinnamongirl30 Click to send private message to Cinnamongirl30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Okay, my problem with the nails was that she is asking for handouts for the boy while showing a pic of him getting a pedicure??? I don't care if he paints his toenails and fingernails pink but it's an odd pic to post considering she is making it out like he is so poor and needy. My son still thinks its weird though. Where's this money going anyway? 90% to her and her scam artist mommy to spend as they see fit. Oh my, 2 girls with a bad drug history each and poor choices are gonna use it wisely??? Bull Christy is sitting, no laying back somewhere laughing at the suckers who have donated money with a bottle of tequila in one hand and a joint in the other oh and a crack pipe for mommy too. She needs to be shut down. I said it before she is as phoney as a 3 dollar bill. Poor kid, I really feel for him and hope that he makes something of himself better than his mom and sister. Christie is gonna make him feel like a charity case with her stupid raising caine fund and that is dangerous with all that he has probably been through allready.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-06, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Raising Caine?"
You know, I haven't paid much attention to this Cain College Fund because I thought it would fade away. But the solicitation for this thing has stepped up. Apparently, it's not a joke - Christy is expecting strangers to subsidize her brother's college education.

Why should a stranger assume even a minor burden in this case? I just cannot understand how people can part with a dime based on Christie's word. She's a stranger to them! Does she really deserve a ticker-tape parade for doing the decent thing and taking her brother into her home and off of the street? What's the alternative? The foster care system? The boy is not a stranger - he's her brother. When did looking out for your own become such a noble thing to do? Isn't it just the decent thing to do, and barring any serious afflictions the boy may have that would require round the clock care, isn't it just the right thing to do?

If the issue is their lower income status, aren't there a limitless mass of kids who can't afford the expense of a college education? Doesn't the government know that, and doesn't the government make reasonable provisions for them? And what's so hard about a young man working his way through school? If Christie wants to put money away for her brother, that's an excellent idea -- but soliciting money from strangers through the sale of over-priced trinkets is nonsense.

I've heard of efforts to provide college educations for the children of fallen military personnel. I've heard of similar efforts to benefit the children of fallen police officers and firefighters - most recently for the 9/11 victims' children. I've even seen private donation appeals set up for specific children who are in dire circumstances. But I don't think I can recall the last time I saw someone solicit donations because the child's mother, who appears to be able-bodied, didn't want to fulfill her responsibilities. And what about Cain's father? Does anyone know who he is? Christie and Cain probably don't have the same father, since he died years ago at the young age of 28.

There is something so annoying about the "10% of the proceeds" angle. I think it's the method Christie chose because it looks so needy, and so hopeful. It's so manipulative.

Cain would be better served if his sister impressed upon him, through word and deed, the importance of doing his absolute best in school. There are scholarships available for high performers. Grants, monies that do not have to be repaid, are available to California students who leave HS with a mediocre 2.0 GPA. The state of California makes it more than possible for a low income student to get a bachelor's degree. California Grant A, Grant B, and Grant C are all available to residents who've graduated from a California highschool or have a GED. Competitive versions of those grants are available as well (meaning the grant is awarded based on need and performance as opposed to just need). You can use state grants at public and private colleges. And what about student loans - does Christie have any idea how many students HAVE to take out student loans?

My parents were solidly middle-class. They had a savings account and good credit, but my mother was a stay-at-home mom, and they lived paycheck to paycheck. My sister, a woman who wouldn't take a handout, used loans and scholarships to get through college. She made a lot of sacrifices in terms of having fun, but at the end of five years, she had her bachelors and masters, and those school loans were paid off early. She worked (and worked and worked), both at her studies and at her P/T job to pay her own way. Through her strong work ethic and the opportunities this country affords its citizens, she is now a millionaire several times over at the age of 44.

There's no reason that Cain can't do the same thing. The liklihood that 10% of candle sales, jewelry sales, and Avon sales being significant enough to put a dent in Cain's college expenses is so remote that we're laughing about it. (BTW, c_ya_so makes a good point: does the account exist or not?) The solicitation does, however, attract enough attention from the on-line community for it to finally trickle back to Cain's classmates. When will she stop humiliating this kid? Perhaps when his peers are throwing quarters at him in the lunchroom while shouting, "Here Cain, give this to your sister - it's for your college fund".

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-06, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Raising Caine?"
SR,...I DO hope that christy reads these posts because she sure could learn a lot from you my friend!!! And no, I would'nt spend a dime on Rhonda's books, but I would DEFINATELY buy one of yours!!!

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-06, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Raising Caine?"
I'm with you Bimbo...I'd buy SR's book the first day it hit the stores. She just blows my mind...absolutely brilliant I tell you.

06-11-06, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Bimbo & Seabisquit,

I'm gonna hold you to that, LOL...

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-11-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Raising Caine?"
>Bimbo & Seabisquit,
>
>I'm gonna hold you to that,
>LOL...
>
>Hey! I want a book, too! Wouldja sign it, and EVERYTHING?! ::squeals with happiness and does a little Flemenco dance::
Now that I've danced for you---start writin' that book!! (consider it payment for the Flamenco lesson)

In all seriousness? The world deserves your insight and brilliance. Really. I join the ranks of "Well, Gee, I am impressed, and wonder what Seasoned Refinement has to say on THIS and THIS and THIS and I can't wait for more of THIS"

chime in here SO and OT peeps.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-11-06, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Raising Caine?"
AHEM...I think it's common knowledge that I am SR's BIGGEST FAN. (LOL, but don't worry, SR, not in a Kathy Bates/Misery type of way.)

Now get writin'...

06-11-06, 11:42 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Wow guys...."thanks" seems inadequate. But thanks!

Writing is in the plan - now that the offspring can survive quite nicely without me hovering over them 24/7! (wouldn't have missed that, but now I'm free - for the most part, anyway).

BTW, Kathy Bates is a fantastic actress, isn't she? Actually she won several major awards for her incredible portrayal of Annie Wilkes in that movie back in 1991 -- an Oscar and a Golden Globe, to name a few. You picked one of my favorites, SF. If you guys haven't seen it - you should!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-06, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "People..."
Bring it back on topic.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Sheez ... I try to wean myself off the board for a few days and ... voila' ... there's brilliance & thought provoking discussions all over the place!! ... this thread & others. I read the hotly debated "Christie on welfare" thread just as it was being locked. I would have enjoyed being in on the conversation .... oh, and maybe a bite of that awesome cake, Sharnina!!! WOW!!! If there's any crumbs left ... ahem ... EMT, SR, SF, others??!! ... can I have a taste??

And back on topic ... SR, thank you for your comments about the "college fund". Christie's laziness, scamming, & general attitude has bothered me all along, but her "college fund" scheme really piss-t'd me off (notice my little - VERY LITTLE - play on words??? OK, not too funny, but I try!) IMO Christie is using the "college fund" routine just because it sounds good. But your points show she has no clue & either isn't smart enough or doesn't want to put any effort toward finding out (#1) what Cain actually needs now, & (#2) IF he gets to the college stage, what it will take.

Much like your family, mine was in the middle-class range ... maybe not so "solidly" since they more or less hovered in the lower-middle category. I wanted my independence so refused even the meager amount my parents could have added to funding my education. Like your sister, I "used loans and scholarships to get through college" and "made a lot of sacrifices in terms of having fun". I didn't go on to get my masters and I'm still waiting on those millions but I know the opportunity to get a college degree is still alive for anyone who strongly desires it and is willing to work hard and make the sacrifices. My husband returned to school after age 30 to embark on a new career. Our daughter had just turned 1 when we sold over half of everything we owned, "loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly" ... almost literally! (Actually, we moved south of LA but "Fullerton" just didn't fit the song lyrics very well.) And I too was one of those "stay at home moms". We didn't want hubby's career change to impact our child-rearing decision so we found ways to fulfill his dream and maintain our personal convictions. We moved cross-country from an area we LOVED and from friends who were closer even than family. I'm not sure if we were naive or incredibly brave at the time but I'd like to think brave ... & adventuresome, and convinced that we could always find a way. And being a post-graduate private school, it was very expensive. But we had what Christie is missing ... a dream and a willingness to work hard & do WHATEVER it took to make it happen. Hubby busted butt and did 7 years of schooling in less than 5. Then we moved BACK to Atlanta to start over .... and begin the hardest part. Hubby established a patient base, then within a year of returning, bought his own practice, equipment, etc. In the past 15 years he's expanded twice, built a building, set up a large Medical/Chiropractic/Physical Therapy practice (the dream) then dismantled it after a few years (tiring of the personnel hassles & lack of time for patients) and has reestablished his own one-man practice within a larger Orthopedic/PT practice where he gets to interact with all his patients.

I paid my college debt ASAP after graduating, then quit to start a family. Hubby will be paying the remainder of his while we now pay for our daughter's college … and we'll be paying for it all for many more years. But that never mattered. What matters is that we all three have dreams and are willing to WORK to make them happen. And what comes from this that REALLY matters is (1) the knowledge that "when the going gets tough" we know we can keep fighting; (2) the SELF-ESTEEM that comes from fighting thru the tough times to achieve something worthy; (3) the satisfaction of having made it on our own.

I read EMT's account in the "Christie on welfare" thread and will venture to guess that she probably has a much stronger will and inner strength than she ever thought possible; always knows she can "do what it takes"; has a high sense of self worth and inner pride (the good kind); an even stronger moral strength & conviction having fought off any suggestions &/or temptations to take the easy way out; has a daughter she can be proud of and who will probably appreciate her mother more & more as she truly comprehends what her mother has accomplished; and has the love & admiration of many. I know she has mine! EMT, I wouldn't know you if you rang my door bell but I, for one, would be proud to know you and honored to think of you as a cyber-SO-message-board "friend". And isn't this exactly what all the women who appeared on SO, and the thousands who applied, deep down inside really want? When their souls cry for self-esteem, pride, & strength they think feeding their egos will do. And SO taught them nothing different.

My point? If SO was honestly there to help Christie (or anyone), they would have helped her find a do-able passion and helped her KNOW all she really needs is the GOAL (vs. a dream) and the willingness to DO WHAT IT TAKES.

Now, where are my cake crumbs?!?!?!

06-12-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Yep, there's no doubt that the sky is the limit if Cain just applies himself and develops a strong work ethic.

Does anyone know if Cain's mother had to terminate her parental rights in order for Christy to become his legal guardian? I may have missed it, but was it ever really made clear on the show that this was a legal arrangement? I hope it was -- I would hate to think that this flakey woman could bounce in and out of his life and play mom whenever she felt so inclined (or whenever she needed to dip into the $25 college fund, lol).

And has anyone heard anything about his father? Alive, dead, MIA?

He's got an uphill climb, and I'm sorry that so much of this has been made public. Let's hope his classmates' moms aren't SO fans.

06-17-06, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Raising Caine?"
I just read on her myspace, that he was living with his Dad at the time she took over.. And she said he got a new bike for his grades being better, but do you think that she bought it? that's right no she did not someone else donated it, hmmmm,what else do they donate? well just thought i'd give you the update.

lyingchristie 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-17-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lyingchristie Click to send private message to lyingchristie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Interesting. On the SO show I was led to believe that Cain was living with his Mom in her car. I just can't figure out at this point what is true and what is a lie according to Christie...

06-17-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Raising Caine?"
Well let's see, We do know that she is depending on other's for finacial support, we know that she still seeks some kind of stardom, if not she would not be posting EVERYTHING on myspace, and selling junk on E-Bay, we know that she still can not spell, we know that she still is a "PISSED" off person, I know that I feel very sorry for Cain his past and his future. What I want to know is did she gain custody legally or just through family? Cause I believe there should be some type of home check..JMHO

06-17-06, 06:40 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Raising Caine?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-17-06 AT 06:44 PM (EST)

>Interesting. On the SO show I
>was led to believe that
>Cain was living with his
>Mom in her car.
>I just can't figure out
>at this point what is
>true and what is a
>lie according to Christie...

Yes, I'm confused about this, too.

Seems to me Christie was consciously seeding her scam well before she even entered the SOH. However, the lies and deceit she used to do that will eventually rain havoc on her and sadly, the brother she's used to scam money from literally strangers.
And I don't place Toady "TaTa" much higher than that since their relationship was borne in front of camera's pretty much 24/7 in a fantasy environment.

My guess is once Christie has drained her fans she'll latch on to a man to support her and return to her addictions. If she already hasn't.

eta: And "Cain" will, no doubt, be returned from whence he came and if it's a car or neglectful father, Christie isn't going to give a darn after she's used him for all she can get. The girl is truly evil, imo.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Raising Caine?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-06 AT 10:15 PM (EST)

It DOES get curiouser and curiouser, doesn't it?? We never heard ONCE about Cain's father, but yet, now we hear the kid was living with HIM and NOT the car-residing Mom. I'm thinking that this whole fiasco is Piss-T's way of scamming the "little people" who think she's some big hearted "COMPASSIONATE" woman, and want to help. But if you really read those blogs of hers, and all that twisty wording of hers ("help me love Cain" comes to mind), the whole weird sordidness of her life shines through!! THAT, and her complete lack of an editor OR a dictionary, just shows her TRUE colors and that, my friends, is MAJOR SCAM ARTIST.
On another note, I would like to add my two cents, and say, Seasoned, you are one of the most erudite people on this message board. Please continue writing!!! YOU ARE A GREAT WRITER!! Do you just sit down and it flows out like that, or do YOU have an editor??

06-26-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Raising Caine?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-06 AT 06:55 PM (EST)

According to her new website http://www.christieduran.com Christie had has "custody" of Cain for the past four months.
And, she's also had time to gain "an extensive background in family services" working "as a family specialist and an employment specialist to provide support and advocacy services to people in need" during these same four months?
She, who told Jodi she didn't even have a job. And, kept using her lack of a college education as an excuse why she couldn't organize a simple 5K charity run.
Something really STINKS in Denmark.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •