The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

annie828 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-23-06, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annie828 Click to send private message to annie828 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
This is just WRONG WRONG WRONG! I felt very bad for Niambi at Christies graduation. What a big slap in the face to Niambi.

So new how much time they had, they brought in way to many "old" graduates, who in my mind already had their shot, and blew it...like Summer...Jill didn't need to come back to meet her dad...That to me took away from Niambi's time with IV.

So screwed her... royally. They could of done something for her.
What a big huge waste. Idon't blame her for feeling left out.
Jill hogged what little time left she had. Jill was wasted space, just so she could come back to regenerate her 15 minutes.

SO is a joke. They let Lisa1 stay for sooooooo long, and than get to come back to graduate. Niambi didn't get that much time.

I like Niambi. SHe just didn't get the time she needed to get all her needs met. JMO

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... soccergrl 05-23-06 1
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... BlueCollar Blonde 05-23-06 15
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... comfygirl 05-23-06 2
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... sedonajade 05-23-06 3
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... uh1uh2uh3uh 05-23-06 4
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... techstyle 05-23-06 5
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... young_black_sista06 05-23-06 6
               RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... beckettrep 05-24-06 60
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... SOfan0221 05-23-06 7
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... fairgame 05-23-06 8
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... JessicaRN 05-23-06 9
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... annie828 05-23-06 10
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... MizJazmine 05-23-06 11
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... sm2 05-23-06 12
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... tozier 05-24-06 32
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... robynrit 05-23-06 14
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Boots12565 05-23-06 16
               RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... SOfan0221 05-24-06 30
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... flower2 05-23-06 13
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... mrspicklepants44 05-23-06 17
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... BlueCollar Blonde 05-23-06 20
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Hunybuny 05-23-06 18
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... isittooreal 05-23-06 19
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Cleverone 05-24-06 21
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... isittooreal 05-24-06 22
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... sweet cheeks 05-24-06 23
               RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Shazbot 05-24-06 24
                   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Boots12565 05-24-06 25
                   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... creepyoldwoman 05-24-06 26
                       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Redbud 05-24-06 41
                   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... slickeronstate 05-25-06 63
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... eire_heart74 05-24-06 27
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... BrenMo 05-24-06 28
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... BrenMo 05-24-06 29
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... carbasmom 05-24-06 34
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... BimBo 05-24-06 31
 Niambi's take on Christie! annie828 05-24-06 33
   RE: Niambi's take on Christie! BrenMo 05-24-06 35
       RE: Niambi's take on Christie! annie828 05-24-06 36
   RE: Niambi's take on Christie! tvfun 05-24-06 37
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... sue2 05-24-06 38
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Shazbot 05-24-06 39
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... butterfly34 05-24-06 50
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Redbud 05-24-06 40
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Juliejo 05-24-06 42
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... mom2bre 05-24-06 43
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... soccergrl 05-24-06 44
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Lanna42 05-24-06 45
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... loretta54 05-24-06 46
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Juliejo 05-24-06 47
               RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... BlueCollar Blonde 05-24-06 48
               RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... tac_2 05-24-06 49
                   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... tmj212 05-24-06 54
                   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... beckettrep 05-24-06 61
               RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... tmj212 05-24-06 53
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... geminirose 05-24-06 51
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... MizJazmine 05-24-06 52
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Juliejo 05-24-06 55
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... beckettrep 05-24-06 56
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... nuseednthegarden 05-24-06 57
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... annie828 05-24-06 58
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Seabisquit 05-24-06 59
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... beckettrep 05-24-06 62
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Juliejo 05-25-06 64
               RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... flower2 05-25-06 65
                   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... sweet cheeks 05-26-06 66
                       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... StubbornPansy 05-26-06 67
               RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... beckettrep 05-30-06 72
 RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... newgirl1 05-26-06 68
   RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... StubbornPansy 05-26-06 69
       RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... tac_2 05-26-06 70
           RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to... Zoey 05-27-06 71

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

soccergrl 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-23-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail soccergrl Click to send private message to soccergrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I completely agree - I felt so sorry for her when those tears just went rolling down her face and she looked like she'd just had the wind knocked out of her. She never, ever got the care or concern that any of the other people got - and I agree w/what someone else said on another thread - bringing back the retreads was just taking time away from her. She had some really major problems that could have been addressed with, perhaps, some different methods than Iguana making her drag that stupid thing around...how dumb was that?

I, also, thought it was mean of Christie to say the insincere things she said during her graduation speech...she doesn't give a rat's ##### for Niambi and was just rubbing it in....what a loser!

However, I looked up her Myspace page and the girl has more going for her than any of the losers that they have recently "graduated". She is an educated, articulate young woman and she'll be fine, in spite of her experience in that pseudo reality house....

Niambi...all the best, girl!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-23-06, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>However, I looked up her Myspace
>page and the girl has
>more going for her than
>any of the losers that
>they have recently "graduated".
>She is an educated, articulate
>young woman and she'll be
>fine, in spite of her
>experience in that pseudo reality
>house....
>
>Niambi...all the best, girl!

You know I couldn't agree with you more here. She isn't pandering herself, a newly made company compliments of SO, or trying to make a quick buck at the expense of the shows fans. Her writing ability is very good. Her blogs are funny and witty yet straight forward in true Niambi style and she actually seems to share "real" feelings, not some contrived muck to appease or scam the fans.

Although I knew she wasn't going to graduate, I am upset and annoyed with the way it was handled. She absolutely got the shaft.....oh, and a cheap a$$ charm bracelet as a keepsake token. How could I possibly forget about that?????

comfygirl 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-23-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail comfygirl Click to send private message to comfygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
SOOOOOO TRUE!!! I just registered so I could say how much I agree!! What a complete joke. In the past, they took a woman who had been miserably abused her entire childhood and got her to graduation. You're telling me they can't help a world class athlete use her experience and inner strength to achieve a new goal?!!! Give me a break!!

And I'm so sick of oldies coming back too! Andy Paige is the biggest farce! She has the fashion sense of a little girl raiding her mothers make up case. Great way to "stand in your own truth"...just paint all over yourself until you're unrecognizable.

Niambi can be cold and closed off, but given the chance and some real devotion (not tv-imposed timeframes), she'd go very far. I'm not a raging Niambi fan, but let HER come back as an expert, maybe a trainer, and send Andy Paige back to the costume shop!

GGGGrrrrrr.....don't insult us, SO. Your audience deserves better.

sedonajade 16 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sedonajade Click to send private message to sedonajade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
While I also feel badly about Niambi, I don't think other house guests returning and taking up camera time had anything to do with her not graduating. I believe her issues -- and I'm still not clear what they are (which may be part of the general problem) -- could not be resolved in the amount of time she was able to stay in the SO house. It seems SO didn't judge that required length of time very well -- or care enough. It's clear they didn't factor in getting canceled.

uh1uh2uh3uh 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uh1uh2uh3uh Click to send private message to uh1uh2uh3uh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
The poor dear visibly FLINCHED everytime someone addressed her today. I think she's too depressed to see straight. Sometimes anti-depressants have enormous value, to get someone ito a frame of mind where they can meaningfully problem-solve their life.
Been there, done that.

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-23-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I feel a lot of Niambi's issues should be worked on OFF camera. I LOVED when she opened up to Jill today, it was insightful, what they talked about was funny and familiar. It is too bad these two women were not in the house at the same time. Niambi should have received a make over also. This may seem silly to some, but I think they owed her that. The high arch in her eye brows make her seem a little harsh - the last thing she needs to appear. I hope she finds the help she needs so she can go back out there open and lightheartedly, finding a better situation. I think she has a miles to go. Still, wishing her well.

young_black_sista06 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail young_black_sista06 Click to send private message to young_black_sista06 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
My favorite part of today was when Jill and Niambi were talking in the bathroom together. I feel so bad for Niambi, and Christie isn't helping the situation any. She takes cheap shots at Niambi whenever possible, and just because Niambi is more of a say-it-to-your-face type of person, Christie feels threatened. I think that Christie could use a few pointer from Niambi when it comes to that, cause Christie will talk all sh!t about people when she is in the confessional, but she won't say anything to anyone's face!

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-24-06, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>Christie will
>talk all sh!t about people
>when she is in the
>confessional, but she won't say
>anything to anyone's face!

Pretty much the same as every other woman in the house has done, including Numb-ambi

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I totally agree. Niambi has some deep seated self esteem issues however she isn't exactly throwing herself into the exercises Iyanla gives her.

SO can't do it all, the HG must do their part. If Niambi worried more about 'getting it' and getting on with her life instead of who can she be pi$$ed off at now and who is graduating when she isn't she would be a lot farther ahead in the game.

I personally would have liked to see her succeed. I would like to see her when she is animated, instead of that dull, lifeless, sadsack, depressing persona she carries around. I would love to see her tell Mr Situation Man to take a long hike off a short bridge because she deserves much better. That would be my wish for her. Too bad we won't get to see it played out on SO, but Niambi has to take some of the responsibility of that not happening.

fairgame 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fairgame Click to send private message to fairgame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I agree..... Niambi was screwd big time. Especially when Christie slamed her with that selfish jab. WTF!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-23-06, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Every year there is a frantic pace to complete the "stories" before the end of the season. These women are trying to work on their lives, but it has to be done in the confines of a TV season. Kind of an odd concept. In the past, they rush through the last ones (like Megg) and carry over one to the next season (Josie, Allison). They put Karen in a rehab facility, never to be heard from again. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyplace for Niambi to continue on to. Perhaps it took too long for Christina to become a woman of honor.

05-23-06, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annie828 Click to send private message to annie828 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Perhaps it took too long for Christina to become a woman of honor.

Or perhaps it took Lisa 1 too long to GROW UP....but who I think held it up the most was ALLY! She hogged the show from the very beginning, therefore it became the "Allison Show" They couldn't seem to pry her out of their!

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-23-06, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I wasn't too surprised that Christie said what she said to Niambi. After all it was Niambi who exposed Christie for the coward and dishonest person that she was and continued to be.

In spite of Niambi's "situation", she really was one to speak her truth in that house when she had to. In that regard she stood heads above Christie. I was glad that she was able to make contact with Kim. In that short moment, I felt that I could see that those two women still had a bond. Niambi trusted Kim, and she was right not to trust Christie.

I didn't see Niambi complain about her exercises. I think it's true that Iyanla didn't know what to do for Niambi. One of the things I thought was why didn't Iyanla bring in about 5 former womanizer's that could simply sit there and tell Niambi what they used to do to women. It's just a thought...

Niambi has some real internal work to do but I think she'll be just fine. In the long run I think she's better off. At least when she does heal, SO won't be able to stake a claim.

Sure it was ugly and then some, but at least that ugliness didn't come through Niambi's hands or from her heart. Nope that ugliness belongs all to Christie, Iyanla, & the SO staff. I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

sm2 130 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sm2 Click to send private message to sm2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
IMHO, Niambi needed Dr. Stan much more than Iyanla's hocus pocus.

tozier 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tozier Click to send private message to tozier Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
So so right. Everything can't be reduced to "it's what Christy reminds you of" If I hear her tell somebody else that I will scream! Niambi hit the nail on the head when it came to that whiny hefer. The only thing Christy reminds me of is the person that I don't want to be. Having said that she is who she is, and cleary SO did Christy a HUGH dishonor to her by not telling her so. IV could say to Niambi, "You's a B***** but not to Christy? Please.

robynrit 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-23-06, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robynrit Click to send private message to robynrit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
What did Christie say to Niambi??

Boots12565 195 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boots12565 Click to send private message to Boots12565 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>What did Christie say to Niambi??
>
Yep_What did christie say to niambi??I missed todays Epi.!!!!Fill me in-Please?????????PEACE AT YA

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
While Christie was at the podium giving her 'thanks to all my fans' speech she talked about her 'love' of Jodi, of how Kelly was the mother figure she always dreamed of and wanted and how Kelly was her ideal mother figure, and then she told Niambi that she was the 'gift' and that at any time if Niambi wanted to talk she was there for her, no pressure, and she loved her. Niambi looked like she would have liked the floor to open up and swallow her whole.

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-06 AT 08:09 PM (EST)

What I saw today was digusting. Iyanla attempted to prepare Niambi for her departure but succeeded only in alienating her further. I believe SO has been irresponsible in thier approach to her "experience" and seem to be planning to leave her high, dry and rejected once again. I realize they had no knowledge of how she'd adapt to the process but they knew when they brought her to the house that time was limited. They should have factored in extra time in the event that this would occur. All of the additional time they used addressing issues of former housemates, could have been used to admit Niambi sooner and give her the time she needed to work on her stuff.

It was unbelieveable that she only got credit for completing one step. (When did they review that??? I had to rewind the tape to see the review from previous show). What was Iyanla working with on if not her steps? All of those exercises should not have been to address only "Identify hurdles of self acceptance." I think she also accomplished "Embracing inner authority." When she found her voice (what, 2 weeks ago?) and created the positive affirmation CD, that sealed it for me. These LCs are ridiculous.

If they conducted any pre-screening interviews, these "experts" should have picked up on her resistance, low self esteem and inability to connect. I am so disappointed in SO. However, I think Niambi is a survivor and will be OK in spite of SO. At least that is my hope for her.

mrspicklepants44 34 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrspicklepants44 Click to send private message to mrspicklepants44 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I hope that Iguana changes how we are all feeling tomorrow or friday. I think shes a neat person and I hope she wouldnt abandon Niambi. She could easily keep helping her from her office etc..Niambi was screwed because there is no season 4. I also think she needs som help for depression, there was another chick that went to rehab or something too.. Maybe Niabmi was sexually abused or something and they didnt want to get into it..

05-23-06, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>I hope that Iguana changes how
>we are all feeling tomorrow
>or friday. I think shes
>a neat person and I
>hope she wouldnt abandon Niambi.
>She could easily keep helping
>her from her office etc..

You make an excellent point here. What happened to "Once your Life Coach, always your Life Coach"?

Personally, I've always liked and admired IV. She is a powerful and motivating individual. I hope she doesn't just leave it like this with Niambi.

Hunybuny 34 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hunybuny Click to send private message to Hunybuny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Oh Flower2, you took the words right out of my mouth! I honestly yelled at the TV today! How freakin pathetic of Iyanla to turn the whole situation back on Niambi, I can't help you cause you don't know what you want? How did they develop steps for her? Stand in your truth Iquana, it's time to wrap this baby up, and your just takin way too long, not enough DRAMA for the MAMA! I quess, SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!! I would like to hear what Dr. Stan has to say about this, that is, if the dragon ladies can cut him some air time. My heart goes out to Niambi, and I must give her credit....I think I would have walked, and not in Princess Chub-rub's race! I wish her all the best life has to offer, she deserves it! Good things come to those who wait......hang in there!

isittooreal 10 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail isittooreal Click to send private message to isittooreal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I totally agree.

It was a royal slap in Niambi's face Big Time:

Been better if they have given her another 'C' and let her be on her way, then surprise her (and the audience) with a 'B', only to tell her that IV can't see her "vision" (not surendering to the process - whatever it is), and just to make her days there at the SOH a complete nil...

Just give her a 'charm' bracelet and we can seal the deal for Niambi. Just downright low for the show to do that.

Along with all the threads mentioning about retreads, they're absolutely right - We Don't Need To See Them Anymore! What about the current housguests that are there now? Try working on their issues and acheiving their goals first before returning back to the old-timers! I bet the first and second seasons were never like this.

That's what drain the series altogether. The returning of former HGs, the lingering of the new housemate's progress and total ignoring of the other housemates. I think the one who had the shortest attention were TJ, and of course Niambi. And, the lengthing of Lisa1 really hit the show in a all-time low as well. Let's not forget the Couples (not really needed at all).

I sincerely wish Niambi best of luck, life, and happiness.

JB

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Just give her a 'charm' bracelet and we can seal the deal for Niambi. Just downright low for the show to do that.

I was very disappointed in SO today. The idea that they couldn't get thru the "Christie support group race" before they knocked the wind out of Niambi with the unpleasant news....it seemed rush....it seemed decisive....and it seemed very cold.

Niambi was cheated out of her chance to thrive with the advent of the returning HG's who can't seem to function without SO...I don't usually speak out against SO because I believe it to be a show with merit, however, today's episode clearly showed no regard for this woman's feelings. The charm bracelet ordeal was an appeasement and not a very good one at that, I was amazed that Iyanla would go along with it, but I guess she wasn't in a position to do much about it...she didn't seem too comfortable handling the situation (JMHO).

Granted, Niambi wasn't making it easy for herself...she's pretty resistant sometimes, but they really made it seem like they were brushing her off....with time (in as much as they've given some of the women) she might have opened up more. Niambi should have been given the respect that the others received and if they knew the show was coming to an end they should have prepared her for wrapping the show up. It would have been more dignified of the producers to have some "COMPASSION" for this woman to leave the show with some dignity as her issues were with "low self esteem"....kicking them while they're already down wasn't the SO way....this is a new low for SO.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

isittooreal 10 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail isittooreal Click to send private message to isittooreal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"

...it seemed rush....it seemed decisive....and
>it seemed very cold...

>
>Niambi was cheated out of her
>chance to thrive with the
>advent of the returning HG's
>who can't seem to function
>without SO...I don't usually speak
>out against SO because I
>believe it to be a
>show with merit, however, today's
>episode clearly showed no regard
>for this woman's feelings. The
>charm bracelet ordeal was an
>appeasement and not a very
>good one at that, I
>was amazed that Iyanla would
>go along with it, but
>I guess she wasn't in
>a position to do much
>about it...she didn't seem too
>comfortable handling the situation (JMHO).
>
>
>Granted, Niambi wasn't making it easy
>for herself...she's pretty resistant sometimes,
>but they really made it
>seem like they were brushing
>her off....with time (in as
>much as they've given some
>of the women) she might
>have opened up more.
>Niambi should have been given
>the respect that the others
>received and if they knew
>the show was coming to
>an end they should have
>prepared her for wrapping the
>show up. It would have
>been more dignified of the
>producers to have some "COMPASSION"
>for this woman to leave
>the show with some dignity
>as her issues were with
>"low self esteem"....kicking them while
>they're already down wasn't the
>SO way....this is a new
>low for SO.
>
>
>
>
>****************************
>"I walk in my own shoes..."
>
>****************************

You're right about that, Cleverone - So, Sooooooo low! If there ever is another Season (with all the yeas and nays on whether it will run or not), and if 'I' were Niambi, I wouldn't dare return, and 'no' I wouldn't accept they're little Trinket either - they can have it if I was in her position. She held on her own, without explaining to herself or going through a nasty tirade; a rather bittersweet turndown, and an unprofessional turn on IV's part.

Despite the fact that she was witholding herself, withdrawing away from her Housemates, the Coaches etc, they (the show) didn't have to bless her out of there in such a state, only to pull in some 'psychobable' about not seeing her 'vision'.

Only to spend more time and energy on past HGs is what really boils me to no end. But it's the so-called May Sweeps and it's only television. It really puts a bad taste in my mouth and I don't see any inspiration from the whole show or learned anything but a lot of nonsense.

All's well that Ends Well...

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"

Yes you know I really felt for Niambi.
I just wish she had of accepted the process .
Bless her heart.
Iyanla actually spent some real critical sessions with her.
She just did not want to go with the process.
And yes it was sad. I felt for Niambi.
I just hope if she gets to come back to the SO house
she will try to relent to the process.
She is really ruined by her Mom I think.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-24-06, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 01:16 AM (EST)

I thought what Iyanla did to Niambi was one of the cruelest things. Come on into this room baby, and while you think I'm telling you a nice story, and putting the charm bracelet on you... really I'm kicking your ##### to the curb, and blaming you for our production deadline.

I mean - didn't this feel like a break-up with a boyfriend. Oh yeah... I'm just not that into you anymore!! The deceit. It sucked. And isn't that the very issue Niambi is struggling with.

----------------------------------------------------------------
To Boots and Robynrit above: Christie said to Niambi "You've taught me a lot since I've been here... and I'm just hoping that there will be a turning point where you look at me the way I look at Jill now. And I'll be waiting here for you... so whenever, that turning point comes... I'll be here, no judgement .... just waiting for you".

Edited to add: I still don't get what it is Christie thinks she has to offer Niambi. Christie, in your egoland, you continuously miss the point.

Boots12565 195 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boots12565 Click to send private message to Boots12565 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Thanks Shazbot-YOU are a lifesaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!PEACE

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I agree with you, shazbot , on feeling this way about Iyanla. I hope that she leveled with Niambi after the cameras were not rolling and placed the "blame" where it should go. Iylana just screwed with Niambi's head, imo. If Kim was able to unlock deep rooted abuse behaviors in the SO season time, then Niambi should have been able to do more work. I agree, Lisa 1 was a waste of time, her stay should have been cut down. Cassie returning over and over like a bad case of heartburn could have been cut off as well. I feel like Iylana abandoned Niambi and is using the blame game. If this were not a tv show and Iylana used these tactics in real life on people, then I would run from her. This just makes Niambi internalize her anger and this will turn to depression. Thankfully, she has her blog to let off some steam. I really can't imagine Iylana being like this in real life. I actually like her.

BTW,if SO does return, can I just say this? The graduations bore me to tears and the Andy Paige shopping sessions make me stop watching. I would love it if they cut that stuff out and focused on Niambi types.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Oh yes, the graduations are a huge bore! I TIVO SOH so that I can fast forward through certain HGs and the graduations. I only like to see the disaster that Andy Paige has created and that's it. It's nothing more than "how wonderful are we" speeches. I still think the idea and process of SOH is fabulous. I just wish it hadn't become so commercial with stupid exercises driven by product placement. More Dr. Stan and less jewelry making!!

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 03:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
What I believe Christie meant in saying she sees Jill when she looks at Niambe - is "an angry black woman". What a vile, racist comment she made - there are no similarities between Jill and Niambi...

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-24-06, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I think we all felt her pain as we watched all the others revel in their graduations and not her. (with the exception of Antonia who I think has actually become her friend)

You can't watch a show with Niambi on it and not feel the weight of her depression and sadness. I honestly feel for her. She really wanted to get away from it all and get her life back on a new track. I really hope she does with private therapy.

BrenMo 22 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrenMo Click to send private message to BrenMo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
The whole thing made me sick. I am so sick of whiney Christie, always wanting to cry about how she's getting done wrong. She's like a little kid in school, doing something bad behind the teachers back and then convincing the teacher it was really her victim's fault. She makes me want to puke.

Niambi got the shaft big time. The show really blew it. A bracelet...give me a break! And Christie being condescending to Niambi, she shoulda got up and slapped her face and said don't do ME any favors girl.

What a way to end the show, now we are all mad. Grrrrrrrrrrr

05-24-06, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrenMo Click to send private message to BrenMo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
How do you find Niambi at MySpace, I don't find her but don't really know how to do it, my first time there. Do other house guests have spaces on here that you know of?

Thanks

carbasmom 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carbasmom Click to send private message to carbasmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Can you please pass on the info re: Niambi's MySpace location? Thanks.

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
There is'nt much I can add to this that has'nt already been said. I could'nt agree more. She got a RAW deal!!! In reference to Christy's nasty little digs, the one that got me was'nt the comment she made at graduation....like that was'nt bad enough, it was the final knife in Niambi's back as she's sitting there falling to pieces, when Christy was hugging everyone saying "WE DID IT, We DID IT, WE ALL DID IT!!!
How obvious was that??? It was clear as day that she was carriying on this way only to make Niambi feel worse. It's her typical passive aggressive way of going about everything.
Christy.....you're nothing but a jealous B####!!!! Every nasty comment you make about people is nothing more than a reflection of your OWN self-image. Every time you open your white-trash mouth, you pollute the air with all the garbage and waste-product that you are made of. You are'nt beautiful,....YOU ARE TOXIC!!!!
So congratulations,Crusty, on your biggest achievment.....You've showed us that Alliscam really ISN"T the most hated HG ever. YOU ARE!!!!!! GOOD RIDDANCE. And good luck with your booming candle and charm business. Have you made enough yet to cover the stamp for Cain's college application???(he'll need atleast .37 cents.)

And to Niambi; I wish you all the best girl!!! One more day in that environment would have been a complete waste of your time.

05-24-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
33. "Niambi's take on Christie!"
On Niambi'e myspace blog, she mentions her take on Christie.

Christies graduation? Well, suffice it to say, I need a break from Christie and her compassion. Tonight almost sent me over the edge. I am so tired of her and that condescending double talk!! But you know what Niambi? It's almost over. It's all almost over!!

The last couple days have been the hardest for me here. It's all starting to make sense to me now. I realize that the producers knew I wouldnt have enough time to finish this process. Or they thought that I'd come in and sail through everything in four weeks!! I knew something had to be done with me, but nobody bothered to tell me until the last night in the house! I feel like screaming. I feel like hiding. I feel like crying. But, no matter what, I was here. I learned some invaluable lessons and gained some very useful tools to carry with me on this journey I call my life! Mama Iy tells me that she wants me to go home and work on some things and then come back for the next season. I will have to think about that one. I'm not sure they have my best interest at heart here. Clearly, this is a TV show first. No matter though, I am going to go home and get strong and continue what I've started here! I cant expect somebody else to do for me what I should be doing for myself anyways.

Their is more, that was a part of her newest blog.

05-24-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Niambi's take on Christie!"
Please tell me how to find her blog cause I am havin no luck. So she is saying there will be a next season then. Interesting.

05-24-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Niambi's take on Christie!"
I can't post her myspace site here, but it is in the GENERAL THREAD under a post ????completion thread. You will find everyones sites their. And NO she didn't say their was a next season. Their isn't a next season.

tvfun 80 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvfun Click to send private message to tvfun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Niambi's take on Christie!"
>Christies graduation? Well, suffice it to
>say, I need a break
>from Christie and her compassion.
>Tonight almost sent me over
>the edge. I am so
>tired of her and that
>condescending double talk!! But you
>know what Niambi? It's almost
>over. It's all almost over!!
>
>
I am so glad Niambi feels the same about Christie as I did. Niambi, you have way more class than Christie. You are far much better off. SO turned out to be a big joke, your better off without it.

Only thing I would of done differently than you is I would of walked out when IY said you weren't graduating and to help support Christie's 5K. That was a SLAP in the face. Shame on you IY!

sue2 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sue2 Click to send private message to sue2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I thought in addition to what everyone's already said, how rude and tacky it was when Rhonda gave Christie the statue and said this statue is ONLY given to the women who gradutate from the SO house. Why not just bring Naimbi in front of everybody and say ha ha look what you didn't get! They should be ashamed of the way they handled this one!

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Yeah - I didn't know abuse and playground behavior was part of being a life coach!

Bad on yah both Rhonda and Iyanla!

butterfly34 72 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail butterfly34 Click to send private message to butterfly34 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>I thought in addition to what
>everyone's already said, how rude
>and tacky it was when
>Rhonda gave Christie the statue
>and said this statue is
>ONLY given to the
>women who gradutate from the
>SO house. Why not just
>bring Naimbi in front of
>everybody and say ha ha
>look what you didn't get!
>They should be ashamed of
>the way they handled this
>one!

I too thought it was rude of Rhonda to say that. I don't ever remember her saying something like that before so why now.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Iyanla's talk with Niambi was pure crap today. That talk about how now that they have properly identified her issue (depression) they can successfully treat it outside the house is BS! Many other guests have had similar or equally serious issues and SOH didn't tell those guests they could be treated outside the house. Christie had serious addiction issues and many other guests were depressed. That was SOH trying to BS us viewers into thinking they were doing the right thing. IV SHOULD have just admitted that SOH was over, and that there was no more time to help Niambi. She should have admitted they misjudged the time and were bailing on poor Niambi.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-24-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I havent' seen todays' episode yet, but yesterday was bad enough. for me. Shame on you Iylanda you let Niambi and all the viewers down. While you and Rhonda parade around handing out undeserved graduations to people like Antonia and Chrisite. Antonia was not ready for graduation and Christie should have been booted out for her lousy attitude a long time ago. The look on Niambi's face says it all and I dont' know why she is still sitting there taking all this crap. She should be on the first plane home. She can get her depression treated by a professional outside the SO house and she can let this be another hard lesson learned. I am Pi$$ed off at the entire thing and think they treated Niambi lousy. Jill and Cassie and Sommer have taken away the time that was needed to help Niambi. I will forever remember Niambi standing up there at the BOR asking with tears streaming down her face for Iylanda to HELP her. Well, she helped her alright, right out the door. My heart is filled with pain for Niambi and I wish her well. She is on the bottom and has no where else to go but UP from here. She is too good for the SO house and she deserves more than she got from them. It was a joke as is her parting gift a stupid charm bracelett, give me a break. I am disappointed in Iylanda and Rhonda and Dr. Stan.

mom2bre 12 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bre Click to send private message to mom2bre Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I can understand Niambi feeling "left out" because she didn't graduate but last season Allison didn't either and she was invited back, too. IMHO Niambi could have gotten a lot farther in her journey to start over if she would have trusted the process a little more. She just seemed too involved in what other people were doing and saying and not what SHE needed to be doing for HERSELF. Kelly said it best, "I'm here for me and no one else." I wish Niambi the best and Situation Man is not it. I truly believe if she could have learned to live without that retched man she would have found herself a lot more healed. And now she's back home pursuing him again. If you need proof, I have the e-mail!

soccergrl 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail soccergrl Click to send private message to soccergrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I truly believe the producers knew she wouldn't be finished when they booked her for the show. They spent entirely wayyyyy too much time and $$ on Antonia and her lame budget issues than they ever did w/Niambi and her REAL problems.

Also, she had to put up w/whiney, lazy a$$ Christie stabbing her in the back at every turn.

I think they (the show) did what they did because they didn't know the show would be canceled...and what a lead in for next season........footage of Niambi from this season...."can she make it?"...."will she forget Situation Man"...etc?????? Please...they just were in it for the ratings and $$$.

The way she was treated was absolutely cruel and unfeeling....

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Yes,Niambi got the shaft alright.She was an emotionally battered woman who got the short end of the stick because she came into the house at the end of the season.But let's face it.This girl had no intention of breaking up with Mr. Situation from day one.She avoided that at every turn.And she needed treatment for Clinical Depression to be able to start making good decisions.I don't think they should have lead her to believe that she would be coming back to the house though.

loretta54 45 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail loretta54 Click to send private message to loretta54 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>I can understand Niambi feeling "left
>out" because she didn't graduate
>but last season Allison didn't
>either and she was invited
>back, too.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought Allison did gruadate and then when on to graduate again. If I am right even Allison said she had two of those gold stautes. But to get back on topic. I feel for Niambi, as for me, myself and I I would have cuss IV out and slap the he!! out of Christie. She was being a snot and where was all the compassion she loves to talk about.

05-24-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
It was my understanding that Allison did graduate and came back to do it again.
MO

05-24-06, 02:27 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Yes, Allison did graduate in Season 2 and then returned to do it again in Season 3 (Ugh!).

As far as Niambi and today's show goes, I was pleased that she revealed her clinical depression to IV because at least she could then begin to get treatment that would really help her.

I was displeased, disheartened, and just plain peeved however that they invited her back for another season knowing there would be none. Don't get me wrong, I realize this was taped 6 months ago, but the rumors were already running rampant then that the show would be cancelled. I also think they owed it to us loyal viewers to tell us that SO was officially no more insteading of ignoring our petitions, phone calls, pleas, rantings, and ravings to save the show. This piece could certainly have been edited in at the end of the tape for the last show at a later date.

Check out Niambi's blog though. She's got a new posting about Christie.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
My feeling is Niambi knew exactly what she was getting into when she signed the SO contract. That she's moaning about not getting her fair share of time in the sun is absolutely ridiculous. Furthermore, after taking a look at her pictures on myspace, I just think she's angry because SO will no longer be her avenue to fame -- whatever fame she had in mind - CD's, singing, acting -- pick one, pick all.

*and she's making a foolish move by b!tching about Christie. Petty stuff like that isn't going to move her forward.

tmj212 44 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tmj212 Click to send private message to tmj212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I think that she handled the situation with grace and maturity instead of ditching the race, kicking the budha, #####-slapping Christie and the LCs, and throwing that damn statue in the pool as she shouted to the Universe that Starting Over is full of #####.

She exposed herself, her personal issues, and sacrificed whatever career/job that she had in an attempt to get healing. What did she get in return? A swift kick in the ##### as the camera crew shouted "CUT!! It's a wrap."

05-24-06, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>My feeling is Niambi knew exactly
>what she was getting into
>when she signed the SO
>contract. That she's moaning
>about not getting her fair
>share of time in the
>sun is absolutely ridiculous.
>Furthermore, after taking a look
>at her pictures on myspace,
>I just think she's angry
>because SO will no longer
>be her avenue to fame
>-- whatever fame she had
>in mind - CD's, singing,
>acting -- pick one, pick
>all.
>
>*and she's making a foolish move
>by b!tching about Christie.
>Petty stuff like that isn't
>going to move her forward.
>

I totally agree with you - Numb-ambi had no intention of leaving situation man alone - maybe she thought if she went on tv he would be impressed or something - who knows - in any case Numb-ambi got out of SO what she put in - NOTHING - and that's the best she can deserve. She has only herself to blame. To me her racism against white women is glaring - other than Kim (and God only knows why) she didn't even try to bond with anyone unless they were black - first Antonia and then she started to latch onto Jill. Given more time she would have probably glommed onto Audrey and Nyanza as well. Numb-ambi is a slut who runs after a guy who'd been spoken for at the time - any other woman doing the same would have been ostrasized on that show. I have no sympathy for Numb-ambi whatsoever.

tmj212 44 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tmj212 Click to send private message to tmj212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 04:55 PM (EST)

I also remember Allisham graduating twice. She practically demanded it the second time.

geminirose 64 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geminirose Click to send private message to geminirose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
what were iyanla, rhonda and dr. stan doing all season if one of them JUST recognizes that Niambi is clinically depressed. they're supposed to be the professionals. i thought a major sign was when she said she felt like God had forgotten her. it's no wonder she hasnt made too much progress in the house. i hope she gets treatment. and maybe that will be the key to gaining her self worth and seeing mr. situation for what he is.

i would say the least they can do is refer niambi to someone who can truly help her since there's not a house to come back to, but maybe she's better off seeking out professional help on her own.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I am sooo proud of Niambi today. She handled everything with such grace. Why wasn't it Dr. Stan who talked with Niambi about clinical depression Iyanla? I think that was their easy out to try and say, "See it wasn't US". Doesn't the show do a medical background check amongst other things?

05-24-06, 05:09 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I have said all along that Niambi was depressed. Why didnt Iguana and Dr. Stan pick up on that? They are supposed to be the professional's. They are the ones who let Niambi down.

Remember when she first came into the house and she was sleeping all the time a classic sign of depression.

Then today when Iguana showed Niambi that statue and told her it was for her (how cruel can you get). I wanted to get into the TV and pull out her hair. Niambi handled herself with gace and dignity and she saw right through that phoney lame Christie and I know it must have been hard for her to stay there and take it. But she did and I was proud of the way she handed herself. God Bless you Niambi and now go get the real help you need. You deserve it.

05-24-06, 07:36 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Niambi didn't do diddly-squat in the house so I have no sympathy for her at all. I don't care if she would have started amongst the first of the housemates at the beginning of the season I don't think she would have progressed enough to graduate - I'd bet money she would have received 2 C's in a row and been asked to leave. I think the only reason they gave her a B was because the house would have been too empty (of live bodies). Niambi was just a big waste of time and should scurry home to situation man and continue her sluttish behaviour.

nuseednthegarden 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nuseednthegarden Click to send private message to nuseednthegarden Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>Niambi didn't do diddly-squat in the
>house so I have no
>sympathy for her at all.
> I don't care if
>she would have started amongst
>the first of the housemates
>at the beginning of the
>season I don't think she
>would have progressed enough to
>graduate - I'd bet money
>she would have received 2
>C's in a row and
>been asked to leave.
>I think the only reason
>they gave her a B
>was because the house would
>have been too empty (of
>live bodies). Niambi was
>just a big waste of
>time and should scurry home
>to situation man and continue
>her sluttish behaviour.

I totally disagree. I don't really see Niambi as being any worse than Kim when she first arrived at the SO. She got on everyone's last nerve, and it seems like it took forever for her to graduate. Dr. Stan and Rhonda jumped through hoops like trained puppies for her. I mean her husband came, her mother, and not to mention the countless projects they had for her. Clinical depression or not, Niambi wasn't given a fair shake. I never heard her say "I'm not going to do that Iyanla", "I don't think my fatha' has anything to do with what's wrong with me", and my favorite the ubber whiney "EEE-YAWN-lah". She was always showing up, listening, and wanting help and support. Now she may not have been able to be as "wullnerable" as Christie, or as touchy feely as Jodi, but I could see progress.

05-24-06, 09:45 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>I totally disagree. I don't
>really see Niambi as being
>any worse than Kim when
>she first arrived at the
>SO. She got on
>everyone's last nerve, and it
>seems like it took forever
>for her to graduate.
>Dr. Stan and Rhonda jumped
>through hoops like trained puppies
>for her. I mean
>her husband came, her mother,
>and not to mention the
>countless projects they had for
>her. Clinical depression or
>not, Niambi wasn't given a
>fair shake. I never
>heard her say "I'm not
>going to do that Iyanla",
>"I don't think my fatha'
>has anything to do with
>what's wrong with me", and
>my favorite the ubber whiney
>"EEE-YAWN-lah". She was always
>showing up, listening, and wanting
>help and support. Now
>she may not have been
>able to be as "wullnerable"
>as Christie, or as touchy
>feely as Jodi, but I
>could see progress.

Exactly. Niambi was in the house less than 4 weeks....everyone else besides Antonia were in the house 4 mths! Give me a break.
Look how many times Lisa1 failed her attempts to finish assinments etc. etc. etc.... Christie has been their 4 mths, and just exactly what has she done?

SHe still gossips, complains, has others do her asignments etc etc. Who knows what Niambi could of accomplished if SHE got to stay for 4 mths. Cassie got 2 graduations, sommer got a second chance, Alley got 2 graduations....Cassie even got a 3rd time in the house, Jill got to come back....a waste of time that could of gone to Niambi.

Yeah, maybe she slacked off a bit, but who didn't? The only difference between Niambi and others is they had the extra 2-3 mths to work it out.

And giving Niambi that statue to LOOK at....BIG SLAP IN THE FACE
...down right rude, inconsiderate....where was the compassion for Niambi. That is something Christie would of done if given the chance. IY new she wasn't ever returning...they new there wasn't another season.....having all seasons their said it all.

Nobody ever got screwed like Niambi. She will probably be the ONLY hg EVER that will come out on top.

The HG's that got spoiled and could never do wrong by LC's

Christina will be doing porns next
Jill will be living on her MOMS couch and be walking with a walker
Christie will end up as a drunk in a homeless shelter
Alley will wind up being a lounge singer in a seedy area on the vegas strip.
Kelly will still be the "wicked mom of the west"
Lisa1 will end up being a "kept" woman.

The HG's that were constantly in the wrong by LC's

TJ has a loving husband...she will be okay
Kim has a loving family, she will be okay
Niambi is a strong woman, she will be okay

That says alot!

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Well said annie828, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Niambi is no dummy, by any stretch of the imagination. IMO she's a lot more intelligent than the whole lot...and I'm talking about all 3 seasons. And I loved it when she said she'd see them all at the top!
Don't be surprised Niambi if you are not in the company of any former SOH...I doubt any of them can climb that high in this lifetime. They may have a shiny, plastic statue, but you will be the one with the shining life. Good luck to you Niambi. I wish you love.

05-24-06, 11:23 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>>Niambi didn't do diddly-squat in the
>>house so I have no
>>sympathy for her at all.
>> I don't care if
>>she would have started amongst
>>the first of the housemates
>>at the beginning of the
>>season I don't think she
>>would have progressed enough to
>>graduate - I'd bet money
>>she would have received 2
>>C's in a row and
>>been asked to leave.
>>I think the only reason
>>they gave her a B
>>was because the house would
>>have been too empty (of
>>live bodies). Niambi was
>>just a big waste of
>>time and should scurry home
>>to situation man and continue
>>her sluttish behaviour.
>
>I totally disagree. I don't
>really see Niambi as being
>any worse than Kim when
>she first arrived at the
>SO. She got on
>everyone's last nerve, and it
>seems like it took forever
>for her to graduate.
>Dr. Stan and Rhonda jumped
>through hoops like trained puppies
>for her. I mean
>her husband came, her mother,
>and not to mention the
>countless projects they had for
>her. Clinical depression or
>not, Niambi wasn't given a
>fair shake. I never
>heard her say "I'm not
>going to do that Iyanla",
>"I don't think my fatha'
>has anything to do with
>what's wrong with me", and
>my favorite the ubber whiney
>"EEE-YAWN-lah". She was always
>showing up, listening, and wanting
>help and support. Now
>she may not have been
>able to be as "wullnerable"
>as Christie, or as touchy
>feely as Jodi, but I
>could see progress.

I think the huge difference between Numb-ambi and Kim was that Kim really DID want help - just didn't know how to go about it. As for getting on everyone's nerves - well to me that is THEIR issue - they were cruel and mean, just as they were to TJ. Both TJ and Kim were women who REALLY needed serious help, not the crap the other women came into the house for - and as such these women didn't have a clue as to how to show compassion. Numb-ambi never really seemed to want the help Iguana was offering her because it just might have involved actually giving up situation man and Numb-ambi clearly had no intention of doing that. If she had been honest she would have left real quick once she realized she couldn't commit to that part of the process which was a part that Iguana felt very strongly would be essential to Numb-ambi's healing. Therefore I still respectfully conclude that no one screwed Numb-ambi at all and she got what she deserved - nothing.

05-25-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
64. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I completely disagree, Niambi was not treated fairly by the life coaches or the other HG with the exception of Antonia. She was never given the counseling, the assignements or the help she needed for depression. Dr. Stan should have picked up on that right away. I dont' see why Niambi's realtionship with Situation man was an issue. That is not what she came into the SO house to work on. She had severe depression and she has a major self-esteem issue going on. But were either of these issues looked at NO. Instead Iguana wanted Niambi to break it off with Situation man and that was not what niambi wanted to do. If they had given her the assistence she needed in the first place maybe in the long run she would have had the where-with-all to tell situation man to take a hike. I think in her mind he was all she had. Not that she ever had him but she thought if she gave him up she had no one.
She even told Iguana that she thought GOD had forgotten her, how much more plain could she get. She beggged Iguana to help her. They knew when they brought her on the show that the season would end before she could graduate and they didnt tell her. Instead they broke her heart again and made her feel unworthy. I think they treated her miserbly and I think she did all she could do to try and get throught the assignments such as they were even to the point of supporting Piss_tee when she didnt deserve it. No Niambi got the shaft and that is all there is to it. She didnt deserve it but she got it. I pray for her and that she gets the help she didnt get for her depression. She is a trooper in my book and a shinning star.
PEACE

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
Juliejo,

You hit the nail right on the head when you said Niambi did'nt come into the house to work on her relationship with Situation Man. I don't know why IV tried to force it. The step regarding relationships was only to "learn ABCs of relationships. It says nothing of creating loving ones or ridding oneself of harmful ones. Additionally, it was unrealistic for them to expect Niambi to immediately drop someone that "she" felt connected to--emotionally and physically. She came into the house telling them she didn't trust or connect with people easily. Regardless of what we thought of Situation Man, he provided her something??? that she felt she needed.

IV acted as though she was surprised to learn Niambi's diagnosis of Clincial Depression. Did they not inquire during pre-screening interviews? They were lucky she didn't have homocidal tendancies along with it. Christie would have been a goner. How irresponsible that they thought they could "cure" this mental health disease in 4 weeks. And then to mislead poor Niambi into believing she had more time to address it then she really did. It was obvious from the finale that they knew a long time ago that they were being cancelled. Niambi probably thought she could return next season, like so many before her.

Part of me is glad SO is gone, because they in this case, did more harm than good.

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"

Well I guess I'm right thinking the show is being canceled.
By all the talk all you ladies are saying.
Well back to the subject of Niambi.
My heart goes out to her. Depression is a real hard thing.
I have had it so severe I was at the point of a nervous break down.

And you are absolutely right some one should have caught on about her depression. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
Poor Niambi I hope that Ianya will keep in touch with her.
And that she will get some help.
Heck its making me depressed thinking about her.
Everytime she starts crying I do .
She seems so fragile to me.

StubbornPansy 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StubbornPansy Click to send private message to StubbornPansy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
having been through a 3 year depression myself I do believe that Niambi gave as much as she could but I honestly believe that due to the show's cancellation time ran out.

We do not know what help was offered to her. Just because she did not receive her statue on the air does not mean she will not earn it.

Everyone is being so negative about the show ending and being an insult to Niambi. Any housemate who hadn't graduated would have felt the same way, not just because it was Niambi. When the majority of the housemates were graduates wouldn't you expect the topic of discussion be on the graduations? You can not ignore the majority just because 1 person hasn't yet achieved that status.

Since we see only extremely limited footage we don't know for sure how Niambi has truly been handled. I have enough faith in the Life Coaches to believe they had provided the needed support for Niambi.

Now comes Niambi's responsibilty of using it and to put in her own effort. She has so far drugged her feet and resisted giving up things. Life Coaches can not force a person to change so part of the fault will always lie with Niambi.

I wish her the best and hope someday she will be whole and happy.

05-30-06, 09:14 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
>I completely disagree, Niambi was not
>treated fairly by the life
>coaches or the other HG
>with the exception of Antonia.
> She was never given
>the counseling, the assignements or
>the help she needed for
>depression. Dr. Stan should
>have picked up on that
>right away. I dont'
>see why Niambi's realtionship with
>Situation man was an issue.
> That is not what
>she came into the SO
>house to work on.
>She had severe depression and
>she has a major self-esteem
>issue going on. But
>were either of these issues
>looked at NO. Instead Iguana
>wanted Niambi to break it
>off with Situation man and
>that was not what niambi
>wanted to do. If
>they had given her the
>assistence she needed in the
>first place maybe in the
>long run she would have
>had the where-with-all to tell
>situation man to take a
>hike. I think in
>her mind he was all
>she had. Not that
>she ever had him but
>she thought if she gave
>him up she had no
>one.
> She even told Iguana that
>she thought GOD had forgotten
>her, how much more plain
>could she get. She beggged
>Iguana to help her.
>They knew when they brought
>her on the show that
>the season would end before
>she could graduate and they
>didnt tell her. Instead
>they broke her heart again
>and made her feel unworthy.
> I think they treated
>her miserbly and I think
>she did all she could
>do to try and get
>throught the assignments such as
>they were even to the
>point of supporting Piss_tee when
>she didnt deserve it.
>No Niambi got the shaft
>and that is all there
>is to it. She
>didnt deserve it but she
>got it. I pray
>for her and that she
>gets the help she didnt
>get for her depression.
> She is a trooper
>in my book and a
>shinning star.
>PEACE

I think her relationship with situation man was EXACTLY the issue - sure she was depressed - she wanted a guy who already had a girlfriend and he obviously wasn't going to dump the girlfriend for Numb-ambi and be with her exclusively. From the git-go Numb-ambi herself made it all about situation man and Iguana's first instinct that Numb-ambi must get rid of him was spot on - once Iguana saw she wasn't going to accomplish that she suddenly changed gears mid-stream where situation man was concerned. Numb-ambi had no business even being in the house and I still can't, for the life of me, figure out what her REAL motive was for going there in the first place. It's obvious she is a very private, introverted person and people like that don't usually seek to draw attention to themselves on national tv - maybe she thought situation man would see her on tv and suddenly decide she was 'it' and dump the girlfriend once and for all. Fat chance of that happening.

newgirl1 71 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newgirl1 Click to send private message to newgirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
I think it is so irresponsible to give Niambi the impression that her work will continue next season when it is pretty apparent there won't be a next season. That poor girl. She totally got shafted.

StubbornPansy 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StubbornPansy Click to send private message to StubbornPansy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
But when that was taped earlier this year there still was hope of a 4th season.

Now we know different. I read her blog on myspace.com and she said that she understood why things turned out the way they did and she is doing better every day.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-06 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

>Now we know different. I
>read her blog on myspace.com
>and she said that she
>understood why things turned out
>the way they did and
>she is doing better every
>day.

I'm glad to hear her mental state is improving.

Wasn't Niambi in the military? Does anyone know if she served in the Gulf?

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-06, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Today was a SLAP in the face to Niambi"
You all should really look at her blog (posted in the general section in the "Links compilation thread").

She seems to be doing great. I appreciate her will and determination as well as her writing skills.

I think she took a lot from the house, regardless of not graduating.

I think she was slighted but she still seems to appreciate Iyanla. She even mentions how Iyanla went to bat for her getting local councel in her area and gave her a book. (I know a book written by Iyanla, big deal!)

I hope that the Life Coaches meant it when they said they'd be there for her (paraphrasing) with the blank statue and all that. I hope they meant regardless of the show. (They seemed to be hinting that wether the show went on or not, they'd be there). At least to me.

I've seen more severe problems than what Niambi has but they are also complex. I do not blame her for not being "open to the process" because it takes individuals their own time to do so. While one has to give their all to the process, I think a LCs need to respect that people have to go at their own pace when they've been that way their whole life. Especially when on camera (an aspect that no one could anticipate beforehand).

I wish Niambi the best. I feel she really has it in her (and the right resources) to make the most of her life, with or without the SO house.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •