The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jodis Control Issues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

cyndin 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyndin Click to send private message to cyndin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jodis Control Issues"
Does anyone feel like Jodi thinks she's a life coach. Everytime she talks to any of the other house guests she is condesending and tries to tell them how they should be and uses all this life coach wording. I like Jodi and I know she will probably graduate soon but I hope her next surprise leason will teach her she's not always right.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jodis Control Issues Baxtera 05-08-06 1
   RE: Jodis Control Issues snowflake2 05-08-06 2
       RE: Jodis Control Issues Baxtera 05-08-06 3
           RE: Jodis Control Issues snowflake2 05-08-06 4
               RE: Jodis Control Issues staceeturner 05-08-06 5
                   RE: Jodi's Control Issues EMTBGRL 05-08-06 6
                       RE: Jodi's Control Issues Juliejo 05-08-06 7
                           RE: Jodi's Control Issues sillybear 05-08-06 24
                       RE: Jodi's Control Issues Twinkles 05-08-06 8
                           RE: Jodi's Control Issues Baxtera 05-08-06 9
                               RE: Jodi's Control Issues Zoey 05-08-06 11
                               RE: Jodi's Control Issues Twinkles 05-08-06 12
               RE: Jodis Control Issues beckettrep 05-09-06 29
 RE: Jodis Control Issues eire_heart74 05-08-06 10
   RE: Jodis Control Issues SeasonedRefinement 05-08-06 13
       RE: Jodis Control Issues snowflake2 05-08-06 14
   RE: Jodis Control Issues dopeydwarf 05-08-06 16
       RE: Jodis Control Issues Pooj 05-08-06 19
           RE: Jodis Control Issues Bentley 05-08-06 20
 RE: Jodis Control Issues MizJazmine 05-08-06 15
   RE: Jodis Control Issues kristin830 05-08-06 17
       RE: Jodis Control Issues Baxtera 05-08-06 18
           RE: Jodis Control Issues mirage3033 05-08-06 21
               RE: Jodis Control Issues Baxtera 05-08-06 22
   RE: Jodis Control Issues moonoverxanadu 05-08-06 25
   RE: Jodis Control Issues SeasonedRefinement 05-09-06 34
 RE: Jodis Control Issues Redbud 05-08-06 23
   RE: Jodis Control Issues shermie 05-08-06 26
       RE: Jodis Control Issues Incognito 05-08-06 28
 RE: Jodis Control Issues JustBNMe 05-08-06 27
   RE: Jodis Control Issues Baxtera 05-09-06 30
       RE: Jodis Control Issues Juliejo 05-09-06 31
           RE: Jodis Control Issues Baxtera 05-09-06 32
               RE: Jodis Control Issues Twinkles 05-09-06 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-08-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Jodi's never been one of my favorite guests but one thing I do like is she does at least attempt to do what they've been asked to do instead of whining about the activities all the time. For instance today's activity Christie was ticked off and upset that she wasn't front and center. At first I thought of Jodi as being controlling and taking over the whole activity. Then as I watched Cassie zoned out, Christie pouting and Nimabi looking like a deer in the headlights I took a different approach. Jodi seemed like this was something that was fun to her and she was determined to get into it and do it. Yes there was definitly control going on but I also so it as well we can pout or we can learn something and dammit I'm going to learn something.

I saw her converstation afterwards with Christie as refusing to be manipulated by Christie's issues. Christie didn't act like an adult. One intelligent way for Christie to have dealt with the situation instead of pouting like a 2 year old would have been to ask the instructors for something to do. I know when I've met Jodi's working on projects I generally ask for something to do so I can get away from them, still participate and not feel the need to pout.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Baxtera wrote: << I watched Cassie zoned out, Christie pouting and Nimabi looking like a deer in the headlights I took a different approach. Jodi seemed like this was something that was fun to her and she was determined to get into it and do it.>>
----------------------------------------------------------
I agree, Baxtera. And may I add to your list...Antonia napping and Sommer looking off in another world, perhaps contemplating another exercise that involved groping herself.

Jodi may have control issues, but from today's exercise, I can see glimpses into the reason why Jodi is apparently the only one of these women functioning in the real world with a real J-O-B.

IMO, Jodi taking control is less of an issue than the rest of these women sitting back passively waiting for everything to be handed to them.

05-08-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Exactly. I'm sure she'll get nailed on the control thing but how long are you supposed to wait for people. Niambia looked a hoot sitting their with a drill pointed at the instructor. I wondered if anyone ever informed her that pointing a drill at someone is not a good idea. Cassie looked hung over. They were all hanging out like they were there to watch the instructors do the work and then go back to bed.

Jodi make be pushy but I bet she's the only one that LEARNED anything because she kept asking until her questions were answered. The rest looked like they could care less.

Mabye the rest figure they'll never own a door so why know how to fix it?

05-08-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"

Baxtera wrote: <<Mabye the rest figure they'll never own a door so why know how to fix it?>>
-------------------------------------------------

LOL

Or how about this: Now that we are gonna be SUPERSTARS from appearing on SO, we can just PAY someone to do those little jobs for us...you know, once all the big Hollywood offers start rollin' in..."

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
You know when I was watching at first,I was thinking that she was taking control, now after reading everyone's post I had a change of thought,first of all I don't think alot of Jodi but she was working and doing what was expected of her while everyone else was just watching,now with the first exercize with them having to do it without tools Jodi did over step a little bit or alot but on this last assignement she done what she was suppose to do?! JMHO. And once again Christie just sat there and whined about it. Cassie seemed clueless and some post ago someone hit the nail on the head when they said Niambi looked like a deer caught in the head lights.

short&sassy

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jodi's Control Issues"
I have mixed feelings today about Jodi's control issues.

On the one hand, Jodi took over. Jodi WAS controlling. No doubt in my mind about it. Jodi started by grabbing the directions to read aloud, and assigning teams, before they even attempted any repairs. When Jodi's name appears on-screen underneath her name Jodi's goal reads, "Relinquishing Control" -- In the spirit of the goal of 'relinquishing control,' I wondered why Jodi dove in and started assigning tasks/ teams and ordering the other HG's around. That did not seem like an effective way to address being controlling jmho. Someone cannot be an effective leader if they cannot follow. When they started working on the three tasks? It was apparent to me that Jodi is not a good follower, at all. She interpreted what she THOUGHT everyone else meant (because it was what she was thinking/ working on)

On the OTHER hand, I have to look at this from the point-of-view that sometimes "leadership" can be perceived as "controlling." I've found myself in that boat more than once. Sometimes the other participants LEAD the person to believe he or she HAS to "take over." That's possibly true with Jodi and the HG.

There was a running clock. They had 45 minutes. From what I've seen from the ladies so far? There's a minimal sense of "urgency" in accomplishing a task. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Jodi stood stock still and said nothing in the beginning. What if she had made a conscious CHOICE "not" to be the "leader" or the one in control? What would have happened if Jodi actually 'relinquished control?'

I am not so sure I have confidence that 2/3 of the three tasks would have been completed. (How long would they have DISCUSSED the actions, instead of DOING them?) --But, they very well could have come up with an equally good plan--or, maybe even a better one. Maybe all 3 tasks would have been completed.

I think the frustration with Jodi is that her fear of failure at tasks, her need for perfection, leads to appearing self-absorbed and controlling to others. Controlling. Not trusting of other people's abilities/ capabilities. It also might explain the seeming apathy of the other HG. The classic, "If you don't think I can do it, I feel no need to prove that I can."

The problem is that there is no established leader in these exercises. Anyone who takes command will be perceived as "controlling." Leaders are controlling. Good leaders delegate, though. They allow others to shine. That's harder on a time clock.

And, I just have to add this:

GOOD GRAVY! Are these women COMPLETELY incompetent? They freak out with "install a doorhandle." I found this insulting. I found it MORE insulting that they were not given proper tools (literally) for this assignment. One of the HG was unscrewing something with what appeared to be a BUTTER KNIFE! A good leader would have said, "We are not doing this until we have the tools we need without hurting ourselves."

Nobody seemed to think of that. Not even Jodi. So focused on their conflama..."Forest for the trees" time.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-08-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jodi's Control Issues"
I felt like it was a set-up to get Jodi to take control of things and make the other women upset. Why I ask you didnt one of the women tell Jodi right there and then, hey, you are trying to take control. But no, they just complained to each other about it. I got the impression from the Mask being back on Jodi's bed that she was going to have failed the test Iylanda was talking to her about. I know Jodi loved fixing all the broken things but it was supposed to be a team effort. I got the impression that the other women were coached to back off and allow Jodi to hang herself. IMO only. But remember I am wrong as many times as I am right.
PEACE.

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-08-06, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Jodi's Control Issues"
I was thinking the same thing as you Julie.I also wondered about Iyanla coming and asking Jodie how the exercise went.Hmmmm interesting I think.Or was Jodie the only one around?I think this may be the start of Jodie's big test.She was set up to fail if the others were just going to sit around and whine.I was listening to Christie and thinking "give me a break,get up of your butt and get in there"!Jodi was contro;;ing but they were letting her.So I think there is something for them all to learn.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-08-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jodi's Control Issues"
I saw a mixed bag with Jodi. I saw her steamrolling like a bull in a china shop. I also saw the other women not taking opportunity when it was offered.

The visiting handywoman asked "who wants to try this?" and Jodi stepped up. Then Christie complained (in a voice over) about Jodi taking over even then. That would have been an opportunity to switch things up.

It's true that when other people have strong personalities you are still responsible for your own actions. It's also true that Jodi has few (no?, do we know?) friends or relationships and is oblivious to how she affects the people around her. She doesn't realize that her leadership style doesn't motivate, inspire, or energize. She continues to demonstrate that her style is to knock other people down a notch and not notice.

But I don't give Jodi all the credit for the other women's low energy. Certainly they have their own self-esteem issues. More than that, did you SEE how disappointed they were as they guessed the hunky handyman was returning and 2 women walked in? haha. no man to drool over for them. Christie looked especially bummed.

05-08-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Jodi's Control Issues"
I've worked with a few Jodi's on projects and the key is you need to speak up and advocate for yourself and get involved. I missed the very beginning but nobody seemed to be doing anything but sitting back like they were all hung over from a day of partying. While Jodi is overly aggressive the others suffer from lack of effort to accomplish anything without someone holding their hands and telling them I'm OK your OK. I would definitly have walked up and asked one of the handy women for a job to complete and completely bypassed Jodi all together. Instead Cassie curled up on the couch with her glasses on, what was she afraid the springs in the couch my gouge out an eye?

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jodi's Control Issues"
At one point the other HGs were contemplating wether they should call Jodi out in front of the visitors or after. I don't think either was necessary. I think they should have just said "Hey, Jodi, you did the last project, I want to participate in this one" - even if it meant one HG per screw, they would have each got to participate and had some "hands on" experience, and would have made themselves part of the ecperience.

Jodi can be controlling but if no one else is gonna take to the project first than why not do what she's used to doing?

I think the house mates would have been doing both themselves and Jodi a favor by taking control instead of letting Jodi have it all.

05-08-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jodi's Control Issues"
You said you missed the beginning. That's where they were supposedly working together on a project. Yes, she enthusiastically jumped up and read the instructions but also decided exactly the size of teams and who was to do what and (sounded to me) like was fairly insulting when others had ideas that differed from her on how to approach tasks.

At one sink neither she nor they had ideas that work but she kept going on about how their ideas weren't going to work. She didn't have ideas either but she kept putting Cassie's down. At least Cassie kept trying for awhile. I couldn't figure out why Jodi was playing boss at that point. They were all stumped and no one had tools. What a time to keep going on about "what you're doing isn't working" instead of "does anyone have any ideas at all?"

It was up to that point I thought she was steamrolling. It was before the handywomen appeared and asked "who wants to learn?"

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Exactly! You sure have them pegged!!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-08-06, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Normally I really don't care for Jodi but when the teacher asked for a volunter, no one else made a peep but Jodi. I don't think she was controlling at all. I think she saw something she wanted to try. We already know she has an interest in handy man type work. It's clear to me that the other gals could of given a rat's butt to be there.

Once again we saw Queen Christie and her minions whining and back biting behind Jodi's back. I think it's clear to see that Jodi wants to learn and change. Christie just wants to sit and judgement and be "pissed off" all the time.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Jodi reminds me of TJ in this regard. She took flack for the same type of behavior. Whenever Iyanla would present one of these weird assignments, TJ would start talking about a plan. I understood her point of view, and because I liked her, it was easier to define TJ's behavior as good management. I'm not as fond of Jodi, but, the truth is that she is displaying the same type of leadership qualities that TJ did.

I don't know that those women had a better leader among them than Jodi. I don't think she was trying to crowd anyone or insult anyone. I think she wanted to get the jobs done as quickly as possible - and without the right tools and with a time constraint, it was important to move.

A bigger issue for me was the attitude of the other women. They were resistant, prideful, and basically, they refused to get with the program. It was a silent (for a while anyway) protest of sorts.

05-08-06, 04:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Yes, I was reminded of some of the group assignments with TJ as well. What is so striking to me is that these women are so eager to start conflict about another HG's "control issues", yet none of them seem capable of piping up at the time and saying something like, "Hey, we need to be included, too", or "Wait. I think I have a better plan...". Errr, could that be because without the "controlling" HG, there would be...no plan at all?? Or is it that they cannot confront anyone until the HG in question has been disparaged behind her back among the whole "posse"?

My question is this...how is Jodi supposed to determine when the other HG's suddenly decide they want to actively participate in an assignment? For example, Christie just totally blew off the "find the playing cards" exercise, but we are expected to believe that today Jodi deprived the whole group of Christie-the-2-@ssed sloth's valuable input, effort and leadership?

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"

Anyone who would've GRABBED instructions from me and I've would've GRABBED them right back.
As for the other HGs "excitedness" about the jobs,maybe they thought "Heck, if this beotch is gonna bark orders,she can do it herself!" They may not have said anything because they have been living with her long enough to know that it does no good.
I don't like Jodi--I think she's loud and abrasive.--and she doesn't like you in her stuff, but she has no problem gettin' in yours.
I'll be glad when she is gone.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

Pooj 23 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pooj Click to send private message to Pooj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Great post dopeydwarf! That's exactly what I would have said to Jodi. She thinks she knows how to do everything then let her do it. She was getting on my nerves trying to figure out where to turn the water off at the sink. Duh??!!

I did like Jodi when she first came to the show, but now it is just all I can do to stomach that woman! I'm not much of a Cassie fan either, but Jodi wouldn't have had to tell me but once that I wasn't doing it right. I'd have sat my big arse down the first time she said it.

I could go on and on but I'm tired! Have a great evening everyone.

Bentley 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bentley Click to send private message to Bentley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Oh yeah, and isn't Jodi's goal to relinquish control? Iyanla knew what was going on in the house when she talked to Jodi after the handyman exercise, so obviously knew that Jodi had again taken over an exercise. How come she is ready to graduate? The lifecoaches sure pick and choose what has any relevance.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-08-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Naw...I don't think Jodi thinks she's a life coach. I think Jodi gives what she has, and she tries. I think Jodi tries to show up for the other hg's and she tries to support them. Just the other day Christie was saying how Jodi was being so supportive of her regarding brainstorming the 5K, and then today it was totally opposite.

If Jodi's trying to be a LC, when did Christie become a psychologist? Christie was playing the "passive" game, then she got in the camera talking about Jodi being controlling and that the "mask" was back. All those women had the same opportunity Jodi had with the guest handywomen. It was their choice to hang back and not participate.

As far as the "tool exercise" went, sure Jodi could have stepped back and somebody else could have stepped up like Christie, but she didn't and why should Jodi step back? Everybody in the room was an adult, they could have spoken up and/or disagreed. Instead of DOING something, Christie got in the camera and started complaining. Also Christie and all of them sat in group and didn't say one word when Iyanla asked them how the task went. Cassie being the oldest hg in age and SO experience, where were her tools?

I agree with the poster who said something to the effect that Christie was just being manipulative. To some degree I think Christie is truly envious of Jodi's confidence, aggressiveness, and her ability to just step up to the plate. When a man's aggressive it's considered a good thing, but not for a woman.

I know Jodi can be controlling, and I have mixed feelings about that especially because in this case she was in a group of passive women. Antonia wasn't there, and to me she's not passive. I think Christie should just come clean about the fact that she probably wishes she had some of the qualities Jodi has. Jodi is a strong woman. I think Christie wishes she was. Christie can get there, but it's not by way of manipulating, gossip, and passivity...although I know that has worked for some, it's just not of integrity IMHO.

But then again, maybe if the handywomen had handed Christie a hammer she mighta knocked Jodi upside the head...Lawd knows Christie said she had some experience with that....

kristin830 23 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kristin830 Click to send private message to kristin830 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
The entire house is so wrapped up in not wanting to be in the controlling limelight, they shun away. Time mgt. is not one of their better skills. I think they tend to over analyze everything they do because 9/10 times a life coach will come back and say why didn't you just do it this way. They all over think their group assignments unless they are arts and crafts.
Jodi is self sufficient. She does tend to dominate, but sometimes that is necessary. I would much rather have Jodi install a door knob then the errand angel. I know it is hard, but sometimes I think we all are a bit critical of Jodi. I think her intentions are good, she is just very confident and the others are a tad on the mousey side (w/ the exception of Antonia). They are all so fearful of failure! It's O.K. to feel overwhelmed and anxious. That is life. It is how you approach situations is what counts. I think the ladies need to be reminded of that and stop getting into snits.

05-08-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
I would much rather see them using their "tools" then sitting and being manipulative and gossipy after the fact. Christie did nothing to change the situation not did Cassie. They could have gotten the handy women involved in showing them how to do stuff in asking for instructions. Niambia looked like she was high standing with the drill pointing it at people. Cassie was pouting on the couch. Gee folks how about being big people and going to the instructors and saying I'd like to try something. You remember words?

mirage3033 100 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirage3033 Click to send private message to mirage3033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Yes Jodi took over and Christie pouted, Niambi had the headlight look, Cassie looked hungover. What else is new LOL. What bugged me about the whole deal was when Christie attempted to talk to her about it Jodi puffed up and started talking out of the side of her mouth. Every time she becomes hostile she ceases to open her mouth fully and snaps out her replies with her mouth half cocked. Plus she stood over Christie instead of sitting on the bed and trying to listen. she was all attitude. what a waste of time trying to talk to Jodi about anything

05-08-06, 07:25 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
I think that one of the things this whole season lacked was communication and listening skills. Frankly I don't think anybody really cared but Christie until Christie stirred the hornets nest up about the activity. The rest looked like they were suffering through it until the little hen started a crisis.

Christie started a crisis of gossip and then pulls out the I'm not the only one who thinks this instead of using adult skills to communicate with Jodi. I can see why Jodi felt manipulated by Christie's gossip, whining and complaining and then Christie wants to be rewarded for it.

The truth is she should have done something at the time and shouldn't be rewarding for gossiping and whining.

moonoverxanadu 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonoverxanadu Click to send private message to moonoverxanadu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
I totally disagree. I'm not going to try to muscle out a 200 plus pound control freaking bull dyke in order to do a task. I don't know what's worse........her control obsession or her smarmy attempts to fondle the other women! I think she's a spoiled brat. The minute she doesn't get her way or is criticized, it's "wah, wah, I just want to leave."

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
MizJasmine,

If I could put neon lights and arrows around your post, I would. It is perfect.

I am not a Jodi lover, but her personality is what it is. The world is full of people who like to micro-manage tasks. Under the right conditions, it's a marketable trait. In social situations, it can be overpowering. But if these women have learned how to talk to the universe and tell it what they need, they should at least be able to muster the courage to address their peers in the same way. Really, what is so tough about gently touching Jodi's hand (to disarm her) and saying as nicely as possible, "Jodi, I'm feeling dominated, and when that happens, I end up feeling incompetent. Please, give me a little room. I'm going to handle this part of the project". End it with a smile, a wink, a joke - and it's over. If any drama ensues after that, it truly is Jodi's pride that's the problem.

A lot of interpersonal conflict could be avoided if people would just respectfully say what's on their mind. Most of us are not clairvoyant and we're not mind-readers. It is rather unfair for anyone to expect someone else to read their thoughts by facial or tone of voice interpretation.

But lets face it, it's a lot more fun to join a gossip posse (good word, Snowflake!) on a dull day than to squelch a potential conflict that could lead to some clandestine bonding, lol.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
>Does anyone feel like Jodi thinks
>she's a life coach. Everytime
>she talks to any of
>the other house guests she
>is condesending and tries to
>tell them how they should
>be and uses all this
>life coach wording. I like
>Jodi and I know she
>will probably graduate soon but
>I hope her next surprise
>leason will teach her she's
>not always right.

Yup, that's Jodi...condescending, egotistical, self-righteous.

shermie 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-08-06, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shermie Click to send private message to shermie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Jodi and all her self-serving BS about how she has given up her control issues. My Arse!! The second the HG's received the assignment, Jodi was righ there, taking over, shouting everybody down and trying to be the "man of the house".

When the diy gals were there, she was no better, hogging in and taking over like the control freak-attention hog she really is.

The other HG's were seriously irritated with her, and I don't blame them. Her smug mug at group and in the confessional just reaffirmed to me that Jodi has made no real progress.

Did you SEE the daggers Cassie and Christie were shooting at Jodi? If looks could kill.......

Incognito 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-08-06, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito Click to send private message to Incognito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Just tagging on to no one in particular:

Ladies and gentlemen; boys and girls. In American homes there are three shut off valves in a typical bathroom. One at the toilet for those unfortunate "incidents" that require immediate action. And, under the sink, there are two more. One for hot water and one for cold. If none of them knew that much, there is always the main shut off valve somewhere around the perimeter of every house.

I have no doubt this exercise involved very creative use of cutting and pasting of tape. I'd sure like to have seen this fiasco played out in real time! LOL! LOL! No way in hell could five adults not have a clue how to shut off a water supply. Not in my opinion, anyway. I would have loved to have actually seen them "improvise" a wrench to loosen the outer casing and then go at the screw that clamps down on the washer with a butter knife. That would have been gooooodddd television. I'm just evil that way!!!
Incognito

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Jodi has trouble telling her fantasies from reality. She thinks she's a life coach and she isn't; she thinks she's a size 14 and she isn't; she thinks she is sexy and she isn't; she thinks she's alluring when she fondles the other HG and she isn't; she thinks she's the man of the house and she isn't. Well I assume she is a female but who can be sure with that ugly manly puss of hers and her manly ways of behaving. If Jodi isn't in control of everything and the center of attention she starts crying and says she just wants to give up and go home or that she isn't going to change to make other epople happy. It's always her way or she gets pi$$y and tries to say things are the fault of everyone else or that they expect her to change for them. She has never heard of give and take or compromise. That's why she has the life she has. When she graduates I will be thinking "love ya mean it buh bye toadie"

05-09-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
I'm no fan of Jodi's but Christie is just a big cry baby. There are lots of Jodi's in the world what she going to do the next time she meets one, there aren't confessional booths in your office or home.

This is the place to learn how to deal with the conflicts you don't have the tools to deal with. Grow up Christie and learn to deal.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-09-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
Christie is a whinner but Jodi is a BULLY. I would have Bullied back and told her to back off and not pi$$ and moan about her after the exercise was over. She just took control and they all allowed her to like they were afraid of her. She is a bully until she is confronted and then she bawls, I want to leave. wah wah wah. I am not a Toadie Fan but I am not a Christie fan either. Toadie is either being the bully or trying to seduce someone.

05-09-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
My issue is the with Christie and her relationship with Jodi is one moment she's the victim and the next moment the lover in bed all friendly and curled up. Which is it? Is she afraid and intimidated or comfortable and loving?

05-09-06, 06:35 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Jodis Control Issues"
We'll know for sure if it becomes Hammertime!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •