The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-03-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
They gave her two days to promote and plan this event! Are you kidding me!!! How unfair is that? My god they sent Christie to a PR firm to help her with her event. Talk about playing favorites in the house. I really feel for the girl!

I used to plan events like that in college. Give her two weeks with nothing else to do but that, maybe she could of pulled it off. Granted they handed her a venue to do it. But hello setting up food and drink, contact other club owners to see if she could cross promote her event, security and fire code issues, even booking acts. That takes time. And in a city like LA, you are competing with tons of other things going on!

This show just gets my temper going!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event EMTBGRL 05-03-06 1
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Lanna42 05-03-06 2
       RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event EMTBGRL 05-03-06 3
           RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Lanna42 05-03-06 4
 RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event PanchoVilla 05-03-06 5
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Juliejo 05-03-06 6
 RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event bentherdunthat 05-03-06 7
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event kristin830 05-03-06 8
       RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event trista 05-03-06 9
           RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event shawnar 05-03-06 10
               RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Zoey 05-03-06 11
 RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event snowflake2 05-03-06 12
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event SeasonedRefinement 05-03-06 14
       RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event maryellennaco 05-03-06 15
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event dmbarros 05-04-06 21
 RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Cleverone 05-03-06 13
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event cronemoon 05-04-06 16
       RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event cloudjumper 05-04-06 17
 RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event cleogrl 05-04-06 18
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Juliejo 05-04-06 19
       RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event cleogrl 05-04-06 20
           RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event SeasonedRefinement 05-04-06 22
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event EMTBGRL 05-05-06 24
       RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Lanna42 05-05-06 25
 RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event joshsmom2006 05-05-06 23
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Baxtera 05-05-06 26
 RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Redbud 05-05-06 27
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Baxtera 05-05-06 28
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event Sofonda 05-05-06 29
       RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event cowscomehome 05-09-06 42
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event tac_2 05-06-06 32
 RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event snowflake2 05-05-06 30
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event EMTBGRL 05-05-06 31
 RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... sm2 05-08-06 33
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... Montreal 05-08-06 34
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... EMTBGRL 05-08-06 35
   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... MizJazmine 05-08-06 36
       RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... Redbud 05-08-06 37
           RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... snowflake2 05-09-06 38
               RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... bikbruz 05-09-06 39
                   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... NicNac 05-09-06 40
                       RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... Baxtera 05-09-06 41
               RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... cowscomehome 05-09-06 43
                   RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... EMTBGRL 05-09-06 44
               RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/... Redbud 05-10-06 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-03-06, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
I'm with ya!
OK. I understand that Antonia was given this assignment some time ago, and was just waffling around, right? She knew about it, but hadn't been doing anything? But, was she given a DEADLINE when she was first given the assignment? OR, is this the FIRST time she heard her deadline? If they just dropped the deadline in her lap for the first time, the day before that's supposed to happen? That's unfair. At the same time, if Antonia KNEW this was coming down the pike, I have to question why she is just STARTING now, too?

I do agree that there does seem to be coddling of one and not the other, though.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Naaaaaa,I disagree. She knew about this ahead of time. That's the whole point. She DOESN'T THINK AHEAD,PLAN AHEAD,PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. She prints up a flier for the event and FORGETS to put how much the cover charge is. When the whole objective was to MAKE MONEY.And from what we've seen of her she doesn't seem to be exactly PRESSED FOR TIME. Antonia needs to start being aware of deadlines and if she doesn't know EXACTLY when it is she needs to ASK.Not asking is irresponsible.She was flipping out those fliers onto random cars without any thought to where she was or where her audience might be coffee houses,bookstores etc.

05-03-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Lanna, I do agree that if Antonia knew about this ahead of time, it was irresponsible to wait. I also believe that it was irresponsible of Iyanla, knowing that Anotonia is irresponsible, to not provide Antonia (or anyone else in the house I might add) with the key piece of the assignment--a deadline. I can't imagine planning anything without knowing WHEN something had to be done. (I run on schedules)

Also, what happened to "accountability partners?" I find it hard to believe that Antonia is being supported by anyone at this point, when something as basic as "How's the Poetry Slam coming along?" wasn't asked (at least that we were shown, or was it?)

Antonia wasn't the only one who didn't notice the $20 wasn't on the flyer. She brought someone with her to help out. IT was an oversight from someone who focuses on money (interesting.)

05-03-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
If you ever read any of my previous posts you know I'm not the biggest fan of Iyanla's exercises on the whole.I think she is often to metaphorical,vague and non specific in exactly what she expects.However, I think this was the whole point in NOT GIVING Antonia a specific deadline.I think it was deliberate to incite her TO ASK.Antonia has admitted she just won't pay attention to when a bill is due.She ignores it.Throws it away.This gal has got to start paying more attention to details.Accountability partners?Yes,that would be good.But she has to have personal accountability.Same with not checking out the venue.What if the space were the size of a coat closet?What then?This girl is spacey and out in the ethers somewhere.

PanchoVilla 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-03-06, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PanchoVilla Click to send private message to PanchoVilla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
She could do it, she jus doesnt know how to. It doent matter if she has two days or a month. Jill is on the radio, she could have announced it. Get the ladies to start making appetizers, get sponsor. Its LA!!I bet old houseguests would have come back, the ones in LA. 20 bucks is way too much, you have to have free something...I like Antonia, she just doesnt think. Doesnt Iguana write poetry? I would go see her speak, Think Antonia!!

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-03-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Yes, she is clueless but Iguana set her up too. She has had that $100.00 for along time and now she has a deadline in two days. But she can pull it off if she gets the other women to help her.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-03-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
I was pretty sleepy this morning when SO was on, but I swear Iyanla said she had been given this assignment a couple weeks before. Did anyone else catch that? If that's true then I have no sympathy for Antonia whether a deadline was given or not. When the LC's give an assignment to ANYone they aren't allowed to just "sit on it". They're supposed to get busy and complete it. Assuming I didn't hear right and that this was just sprung on Antonia, then I agree wholeheartedly that Iyanla set her up to fail. Two days isn't realistic IMO-so maybe someone can set me straight.

kristin830 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-03-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kristin830 Click to send private message to kristin830 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
She's had a couple of weeks to plan. She is just a classic procrastinator. She doesn't want to put effort into anything. She must have been given information on who to contact, how else would she know how to get in touch with that guy Poetri. He is one of Iyanla's friends and he has been on the show before. This is a reality slap for her. She is a wannabe princess. Her housemates have been helping her out. Sommer has given her help as has Jodi and Niambi. As far as leaving the price off of the flyer....Chalk that up to be careless. Sometimes you have to get dirty in life to come clean....

trista 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-03-06, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trista Click to send private message to trista Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
She was given this assignment a while ago and then wallowed about her father not being an issue in her life and not having anything to do with her financial issues. Also she had to learn to ask questions about money and bills and if anything cost money at every turn. She should have learned from that lesson that she needed to ask questions from her LC and from her HG when she needed help. She is still trying to do it all on her own and be so called independant and not depend on anyone and she is going to have to learn that you can't get through this life that way. She sat on her ##### and procrastinated. She gets what she gets.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-06, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Why were they acting like Poetri doesn't know about starting over? Wasn't he just on with Lisa2? Antinia said I'm on this show called starting Over" Duh!! He's getting free publicity chick! Why do you think the show gave you his number? Gosh they act like were so stupid!

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
I don't think it's fair to compare Christie's assignment with Antonia's because they are different people with different goals.

Just like with Lisa 1 and the jewelry assignment, I don't think it was about making the 100 necklaces (or whatever) but following through to the end, which she didn't do.

Honestly, I don't think the point of this excercise is to meet the 500$ mark or to see X amount of people at the event. I think the point is to see how Antonia follows through with the event, no matter the outcome.

How will she handle the planning? The flyers, food, accomodations (whatever)?

I think Christie's assignment is meant to be from the heart. Antonia's is meant (imo) to be a spoiled brat having to take responsibility and plan the steps involved, regardless of outcome.

I don't think they are as concerned with the outcome as the steps she takes (or doesn't) to get there.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-03-06, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Yeah, Iyanla did mention today that Antonia has had a couple of weeks so far to crystallize her plan. She knew about this assignment from the day she met with the finance guy.

Lucky IV provided the venue for her...the last Antonia was talking about it, she was planning to have the event in the SO living room.

And come on...Antonia acting like she just pulled Poetri's name out of the air? "Oh, there's this guy I remember from when I went to poetry slams...don't remember his name, but he calls himself Poetri." Give me a break, Poetri is one of Iyanla's "friends"...this is a total set up. How convenient that Antonia just happens to have access to his phone #, and how nice that he's willing to host this event and round up a bunch of poets "that people would be willing to pay to see"...all for free just to "help out" Antonia. And she made a point of telling him on the phone, "I'm on this show, Stahting Ova...they're gonna help me with my debt.", like this whole thing wasn't pre-arranged by SO.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-06 AT 09:43 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-03-06 AT 09:36 PM (EST)

How did all of those people miss the omission of the admission fee? The whole point of the assignment was TO MAKE MONEY. Antonia missed it, Niambi missed it, Sommer missed it, and probably several others as well. What are they going to tell people who do drop in because of the handout they received - we take checks? (I loved the shot of the woman putting her handout in the garbage can, teehee).

I think Iyanla did Antonia a big favor by securing a new venue. It probably had to do with the "drop-in" nature of the event. You can't have just anyone coming through the front doors of Sacred House. Anyway, the living room is for Tupperware parties and fake radio shows, not poetry "slams", lol. BTW, did Antonia say the venue holds 45 people? Didn't she say she was hoping that at least 100 people showed up as a result of her hand-outs? Doesn't 45 minus 100 equal negative 55? (Ohhhh....maybe THAT'S why Antonia is having such a hard time with budgeting...) Anyway, will those 55 folks have a video feed of the "slam" projected outside of the room they use?

And I love the addition of the dancers, who, according to Antonia, will be "dancing around". Maybe Jodi can do her primal "Skin, Flame & Mirror Dance", Cassie can do her "It's Time to Say Good Morning Dance", and Sommer can raise the temperature a few degrees with her "Dance of the First Sensual Expression". Yeah, people will be willing to pay $20 (or was it $25?) to see that cavalcade of stars!

I'm getting the feeling that there is a huge safety net under this event. Securing the venue, and having "Poetry" offer his hosting services and contacts...it's too convenient.

There is no doubt that Antonia was given this assignment weeks ago. Whether or not she was given a deadline was no reason for her to put the assignment on hold. What are they there for anyway (besides giving a really looooong audition)? They are supposed to be diving into their assignments and reaching their goals. They don't have many other responsibilities - it isn't like a person in a regular life situation (one who goes to work or school every day, or who runs a household with children, etc.), it's set up to accomodate the completion of assignments.

Antonia has got a big chip on her shoulder. There is something about the way she says, "EE-yahn-la" that is going to blow up in her face one day soon. I'll be watching

ETA: typo X 2

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Great post as usual, Seasoned. It DOES seem like the whole thing is one large set-up with huge safety net attached.

Snow, that new signature of yours is something else! It almost made my eyes cross!! WT....

dmbarros 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dmbarros Click to send private message to dmbarros Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Well actually Antonia and I have went to a couple of Poetri's events @ Farifax high school in los angeles. Thats how we first met him and Antonia asked him for his card cause she wanted to sign up for classes on being a better poet! Secondly when that doc gave her the task to flip her money i was on the phone helping her with her idea of what to do and she came up wit a poetry night! she called poetri with out prior knowledge that he was even affiliated with SO! we never even watched or heard of the show until "T" (Antonia) was casted for it! it was honestly a really big coencidence that he was on the show B4! Now she did have help with all the other stuff like getting a venue and stuff but most of it was her effort! : )

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-03-06, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"

I have nooooo sympathy for Antonia because she was given this assignment a while back and chose to do nothing. She gets what she deserves because she's never prepared for things that can throw you life askew...she's handled it pretty much as she has her other responsibilities...she just sits on them until someone comes along and shakes up her little world.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

cronemoon 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-06, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cronemoon Click to send private message to cronemoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Well the only thing left for Antonia to do is "ask for donations"
at the open mic event.. and who wants to see people dance..???

as a freelance writer i could care less about people dancing at a open mic event =yawn=

they ought to just let her sink or swim on this one..
no plan.... maybe all that time sitting on the couch should
have been spent ... GETTING A PLAN.. making phone calls..
having the house guest make some appetizers and baked goods..
also for donations..

also they should have gone to a book store and bought a book
of a local poet and had a drawing for it at $1.00 a pop..or at least gone out in the garden and cut fresh flowers and made
displays to give away to those who attend..think ladies..
look around you..what do you have that you can donate or sell or auction off.. ~~~~~~~~~

nope ..everyone sits around on their butt.. typical for SO HG..

cloudjumper 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cloudjumper Click to send private message to cloudjumper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
i'm sure it will be a big success...poetri, i'm sure has known about it for awhile before antonia called him and he'll probably have it all set up.

cleogrl 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cleogrl Click to send private message to cleogrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
I thought Antonia chose this event herself - she was given the task of turning $100 into $500 and had to figure something out -but picking the venue was Antonia's idea. She could have bought merchandise and sold it on Ebay - or sold stuff at a flea market for that matter.

I think SO has gotten completely unrealistic in their tasks. Asking people to pay $20 to hear people read their own poetry in an open mike night and then asking guests to "donate" to what cause??? getting Antonia out of debt??? People don't donate their time and materials unless it's for charity or like in the first season, they had auction to send someone to college. But they planned for weeks for that event and people donated stuff - but it was for a college scholarship. The only reason people are doing this is for the cameras and the plug.

The LCs aren't doing the ladies any good by having them live in this bubble world.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-04-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Boy Cleogrl you hit the nail on the head in this one.
It is all about the Camera and the lights.
But it will come off really well because a lot of people behind the scenes will see to it.
Just like the Tupper Ware party of Lisa1's.
Where in the heck did all of those people come from who came to that party?
So it will make Antonia and the SO house look real good.

cleogrl 115 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cleogrl Click to send private message to cleogrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
>
> Just like the Tupper Ware
>party of Lisa1's.
> Where in the heck
>did all of those people
>come from who came to
>that party?
>So it will make Antonia and
>the SO house look real
>good.

Soooo true. That tupperware party was a joke. Most people have to rely on family, friends and co-workers to have a party. Lisa1 had none of these. The only woman in LA she knew was TJ's friend and she couldn't come. You didn't see Lisa1 calling anyone else to come and then a miracle occurs...the night of her party, there's a full house. Wasn't it raining like cats and dogs? Yeah, completely realistic. It's all about getting on tv. I'm sure SO advertises in the paper and announces you'll be on tv, or they do a casting call with agents and get people in,then give them money to spend. The same thing will happen with the poetry slam. There will be hundreds of people there to pay $20 or more (donations of course) to hear no-name people recite their own poetry, all in the name of padding Antonia's wallet.

The first season or so of SO in Chicago, they had an auction to help one woman get out of debt and also to help another housemate learn how to be an auctioneer. I think they had maybe 4 people there. A few of the neighborhood people declined b/c they didn't want to be on tv.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Cleogirl,

Boy, did you say it!!! I can just imagine the ad in Variety: "Actors, M/F - All types needed for established network television program. One night only - bohemian look preferred. Must be 18, Union not necessary. Call for details...."

And thank you for reminding us of the Season 1 episode in which Susan (?????) had an open house auction. Your memory is excellent - there may have been four people in attendance and lots of empty chairs. I remember feeling really bad for the woman because being an auctioneer was a career goal for her. Ironically, she was really serious about making the event work, but it was not that successful. On the other hand, Antonia is acting like she is undergoing multiple root canals with no novocaine, and her event will most likely be packed.

Life at the house sure has changed.

05-05-06, 07:58 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
>I think SO has gotten completely
>unrealistic in their tasks. Asking
>people to pay $20 to
>hear people read their own
>poetry in an open mike
>night and then asking guests
>to "donate" to what cause???
>getting Antonia out of debt???
>People don't donate their time
>and materials unless it's for
>charity or like in the
>first season, they had auction
>to send someone to college.

Yeah!! Calling "Antonia making money" a "Charity Event" is just smarmy. If ever I am down and out, I am going to put out my hat, make myself a cardboard sign, and write "For Charity, Honest" on the sign!! I see no difference here. The venue is for Antonia's profit. I hope that since she advertises as "Charity" that's where the money will REALLY go. Besides, is it illegal to advertise for a charity, when that's not true? (just curious) I'd ask how Antonia intends to list this on her taxes, but I can already here, "Taxes? What do you mean pay taxes?" *sigh*

I do agree that $20 a head for a "Poetry Slam" is ridiculous. Unless, 1/2 the money collected at the door was a possible prize for a Poetry Slam participant? That might also get people in the door. Hey! Lookat me! I'm planning an EVENT w/o the SOH or Poetri!
>
>The LCs aren't doing the ladies
>any good by having them
>live in this bubble world.

Ditto, that!

(hey, psssst..Cayaha, maybe your pennies are over here. mwah ha ha!)

05-05-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
At least when they did the fundraiser event to raise college tuition for Cassie in season one people knew exactly where their money was going.In terms of teaching real life financial skills this season has sucked.They would lead Lisa to believe she could actually make a living selling crappy necklaces and tupperware.Make a living in CA as what a homeless person?Then we've got Christie in that SO revolving door profession as a non for profit fundraiser ala Alison.Cassie2 who's ambition seems to be jigsaw puzzles and panhandling.Now Antonia with a poetry slam event.How is this preparing her to do anything that is going to solve her debt problems?Poetry is wonderful and ethereal but no ones made a living at it to my knowledge since Renaissance times.And by the way what was going on with the fright wig hair with Antonia today?

joshsmom2006 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joshsmom2006 Click to send private message to joshsmom2006 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
the man came to the house when she first got there and told her what to do! she is irresponsable and doesnt listen. she also does have a problem with her daddy and it does connect to the money. why didnt she call him when she needed money?

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Well her father's in jail I doubt he's a ready source of cash. As far as job skills they haven't done much since Rain in season 1.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
According to IV, Antonia has had weeks to prepare this event. She made NO headway, so a deadline was given. If Antonia was given a YEAR to prepare it would be the same outcome. Bottom line is that it doesn't appear to me that Antonia really cares. She is immature, spoiled, selfish, self-indulgent and unrealistic. But what's more is that she doesn't care. She's here for the face time on tv. I see no real self actualization or introspection going on in that head.

05-05-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
She tried out for Real World didn't get accepted so she took this option to get her face on tv. Why should we be suprised she's acting like she's on Real World. That's where she thought she was going.

Sofonda 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sofonda Click to send private message to Sofonda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
> Antonia has had
>weeks to prepare this event.
> She made NO headway,
>so a deadline was given.

I think of all the post here on Antonia...Your's is the one that hit the "Nail on the Head."

>If Antonia was given a YEAR to prepare it
>would be the same outcome...> I see no real
>self actualization or introspection going
>on in that head.

Although, there is not one of us...Antonia included...that does not have some deep-down, inter-feeling, that we could/can work on, I truly think Antonia is begining to realize that somewhere inside. She does have a hidden hurt we may yet see, especially when it comes to here Father. But like this assignment, she is turning a blind-eye, deaf-ear, closed-mind and a shut-down heart.

>She is immature, spoiled, selfish, self-indulgent
>and unrealistic.

She made such a point to tell the camera after the "Board of Review" how much support she got from "ALL" her family. Subsequently,like Niambi not realizing her problem was really her Mom...Antonia still does not see her Father as her problem.
I truly think her family spoiled her and made over her to try to make up for the abscences of her father and in doing so did her greater harm.

Thanks for listening...
SOH Hugs

Sofonda

cowscomehome 21 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowscomehome Click to send private message to cowscomehome Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
Sofonda,
Wow, it hit me what you are saying. She's not lazy (ok, well maybe a little) but this is a behavior that covers all areas of her life - ignore the father problem = the hurt, pain and sadness...she has learned how to turn that off and ignore it. She uses these same coping techniques when ANYTHING difficult comes her way - shut-down heart. HMMM.

I noticed how she completely pushed away from Niambi's emotions at BOR. She said she could not understand her situation AT ALL because she has had SO much love and unconditional support in her life...the part she left out is that the one person she wanted just a little bit from is her daddy and he's not there. No matter how hard a mom tries, she can't be a daddy.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-06, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
What's predictable is that SO won't allow this venture of Antonia's to bomb but from the little I've seen of this girl I'm expecting more than poetry to come out of her mouth.

I'm desperate to see a significant success from one of the hg's so I hope she can pull it off.

05-05-06, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
I noticed when Antonia was passing out her flyers, she definitely said to the two guys sitting at the table (outside a restaurant, I guess?) that it was "for charity". When she said that, I even rewound to make certain I heard what I thought I heard...Antonia saying "chaaah-ity". Maybe she just honestly misspoke, but it still kinda bothered me because that is a totally false statement---unless they are planning to donate the money she makes to charity rather than letting her keep it, but I definitely have heard no mention of this.

Concerning the phone call Antonia made to Poetri...did I catch it right? Did Antonia expect the Def Poetry Jam poets to pay her $20 each in order to appear at her event?? In the "real world", she would most likely have to pay them to show up...more than the $100 she's been given.

BTW, I didn't care much for how they handled Cassie Romanelli (Cassie1, Season One)...geez, they practically taught the girl to be a panhandler. Sure, going to college is a worthwhile goal, but a lot of people have worthwhile personal goals...it is unrealistic to expect everyone to just "donate" money to help you attain them.

And don't get me started on Allison and her "donation" website!

Wanting extra money doesn't qualify you as a charity!

05-05-06, 10:50 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event"
>Wanting extra money doesn't qualify you
>as a charity!
>
>--It doesn't?? Oh, darn!!
Snowflake2 You just wrecked my personal exemptions in claiming MYSELF a 501(c)(3) non-profit for 2007...I mean, there wouldn't be any PROFIT, I wouldn't KEEP the money, I'd spend it! Sheesh! I'm not DISHONEST or anything!--Telly ya what, If I promise I won't have anything left over for the next fiscal year, will you donate to my CHAHity? In the accent of Antonia, "What a BAHGIN!"

*puts hat out waiting for donations to the cause of EMTBGRL, who wants a mansion and a yacht.*

I'll say a poem. I will. Antonia said she'd do a haiku. Here's mine, in her accent: (clears throat)

Adam and Eve AHR
in the GAHden of Eden
"Pass the fig leaves, please."

*please (cough up) donate $20" ::wry grin::

>
>
>
>
>
>
>

sm2 130 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sm2 Click to send private message to sm2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
Well, Antonia had her big Poetry Slam. There did seem to be quite a few people there. But, I thought she was charging $20.00. When it showed the people coming in, she was charging $8.00 and $12.00 if you wanted to read your poem. Ok, the price changed. When she was counting the money, she had $267.00 or something close to that. Did that include the $100.00 she was given? IV said that she was half way there too her goal, if it didn't include the original money, then yes, she was. If it did include that original $100.00 it was no way half of the way to $500.00. How does everyone think it went and she did?

Montreal 20 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Montreal Click to send private message to Montreal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
I believe the $20 was a fee she was going to charge the performers. The guy who was helping her out could pretty much guarantee that none of them would be willing to pay $20 to perform. I got the impression that you don't charge the performers. I don't think it was mentioned whether the $100 she started with was included in the $267. Overall, it seemed like it went well. Antonia seemed relieved when it was all done. I thought she seemed to be in her element.

05-08-06, 05:37 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
Honestly? If the goal was to raise $500.? Antonia failed the exercise. Maybe that's harsh...but, the goals need to be examined. imho The attitude behind reaching the goal needs to be examined, too. I was none too impressed with Antonia's meeting with Dr. Stan. I don't know whether Antonia was afraid, overwhelmed or lazy about invitations and arrangements for the Poetry Slam. No idea. I like Antonia. But, I think she failed this one. The only part Antonia didn't fail was doing SOMEthing and having the night happen, at all.

I mean, what did Antonia do, really? According to Antonia, she invited six people. She designed a flier. She contacted Poetri (who invited the poets, right?) Iyanla provided a venue, that she didn't have to pay rent for. And, Antonia took a nap five hours before the event. (not impressed.)

When Antonia realized she wasn't going to reach her $500 goal? She didn't come up with other ways to raise money at the 'Slam. I am disturbed about how readily Antonia accepted failing.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Poetry Slam was a fun night for the participants, and there was value there. I think it was valuable for Antonia to learn that something concrete can happen with effort. I think it's a lesson that your return is by how much effort is put in from the beginning.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
I know I'm sucker for this, but I thought it was cool! hahahaha I was glad to see my girl Jill (looking good indeed!), I think TJ was there as well(hey girl!)...it was all good. It would have been nice to hear a couple of the poems all the way thru. I enjoyed Iyanla's poem. I liked the venue. Hey it worked for me.

My thought about the $100 is that it was never conditioned on only one event or one thing. Years ago I saw this same challenge given to several people on Oprah, and one woman she took her $100 and turned it into thousands as fundraiser. It was amazing.

To me it's all a learning experience for Antonia. She may not understand the full value of it right now, and yes she had a lot of help, but in the real world when and if she attempts something like this again she'll really get to see the nuts n' bolts of an event. That was the main problem for me here. Antonia had TOO MUCH help and that undermines why she's at SO to begin with...but hey it wasn't a bad way to spend part of my afternoon....

At least Antonia made a little something bless her heart....

05-08-06, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
My observations about Antonia and the Slam:
1) Dr. Stan and Christie had to tell her it's NOT a GOOD IDEA to take a nap 3 hours before your event when you don't know how many will show up. Duh?! Somehow had to TELL you that???
2) The event "seemed" to go well...but who really knows...with all the SOH editing you can never tell. Half the audience may have been employees of the club!
3) If it was deemed a success it was IN SPITE of Antonia, certainly not BECAUSE of Antonia. Everyone else either helped or did the work for her, especially the guy who got poetry readers to come and do their thing! She had NOTHING to do with it.
4) I was glad to see Jill until I remembered what she wrote about those of us on the Board.

05-09-06, 01:21 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
Here are my thoughts:

I can see why Antonia wanted to take it easy and nap...she knew this whole thing was engineered by SO, probably because Iyanla wanted an opportunity to pull on a pair of size 22 jeans and read a poem.

Does it really matter how much $$$ Antonia pulled in, when it was obvious that this was totally set up by the show anyway? The show secured the venue, Poetri and the rest of the "poets" showed up to get their faces on TV, the "audience" was populated with SO HGs, both past & present. If this "poetry slam" had been a big success, could Antonia really have taken any credit for it anyway? I doubt a single person in that room was there because of one of her flyers, or for any reason other than being contacted by the show.

BTW, I am getting really tired of seeing Jessica's dorky, doughy, dimpled face showing up at ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING having to do with SO.

Also, I thought Antonia looked very nice at the event.

bikbruz 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bikbruz Click to send private message to bikbruz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
Here's my question- since when do you ask the performers to pay more(!!) than the audience members? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Also, while I'm thinking about it, since when did all poetry have to be spoken with that same urban(?) rhythm?
I did, however, like Iyanlas poem. I felt she was in her element for once.

NicNac 131 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NicNac Click to send private message to NicNac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
Snowflake said: "I can see why Antonia wanted to take it easy and nap...she knew this whole thing was engineered by SO, probably because Iyanla wanted an opportunity to pull on a pair of size 22 jeans and read a poem."

Love it, love it, love it. Almost sprayed coffee all over my computer screen reading that one!!!

05-09-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
I'm sorry but IV looked horrible and her poem was well it was.

cowscomehome 21 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowscomehome Click to send private message to cowscomehome Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
Snowflake said:
"I can see why Antonia wanted to take it easy and nap...she knew this whole thing was engineered by SO, probably because Iyanla wanted an opportunity to pull on a pair of size 22 jeans and read a poem."

Holy crap - that was so flippin funny I think I peed myself!

05-09-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
>Snowflake said:
>"I can see why Antonia wanted
>to take it easy and
>nap...she knew this whole thing
>was engineered by SO, probably
>because Iyanla wanted an opportunity
>to pull on a pair
>of size 22 jeans and
>read a poem."
>
>Holy crap - that was so
>flippin funny I think I
>peed myself!

I joined you in the loss of bodily-- well, it was FUNNY!!

I wish the poetry was GOOD! (not my taste at ALL) Total snorezville poetry. The "Slam" was being beaten over the head with the amount of bad poetry we DID hear! Imagine paying for that. EMTBGRL at the "Slam" ::walks in:: listens ::walks out::
upset at loss of $8.

05-10-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Antonia's Poetry Slam Event, 5/08 "
>Here are my thoughts:
>
>I can see why Antonia wanted
>to take it easy and
>nap...she knew this whole thing
>was engineered by SO, probably
>because Iyanla wanted an opportunity
>to pull on a pair
>of size 22 jeans and
>read a poem.
>
>Does it really matter how much
>$$$ Antonia pulled in, when
>it was obvious that this
>was totally set up by
>the show anyway? The
>show secured the venue, Poetri
>and the rest of the
>"poets" showed up to get
>their faces on TV, the
>"audience" was populated with SO
>HGs, both past & present.
> If this "poetry slam"
>had been a big success,
>could Antonia really have taken
>any credit for it anyway?
> I doubt a single
>person in that room was
>there because of one of
>her flyers, or for any
>reason other than being contacted
>by the show.
>
>BTW, I am getting really tired
>of seeing Jessica's dorky, doughy,
>dimpled face showing up at
>ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING having to
>do with SO.
>
>Also, I thought Antonia looked very
>nice at the event.
>
>
Snowflake, I second ALL your comments here. In the "real world" Antontia would have had to find that club herself, find that coordinator herself, and pay REAL MONEY to rent that place for the poetry slam. And in spite of ALL the help and freebies she was given she still did a sh*& (can I say that?) job.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •