The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Cassie a real poet?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-01-06, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Cassie a real poet?"
I posted this seperately so as not to interfere with other topics. This doesn't really relate to why she is in the house. I do remember though, something about her wanting to publish her poetry.

Going by the poem that she shared with her son today, do you think she has any talent as a true poet or is this another "Errand Angel" far-fetched idea?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Cassie a real poet? snowflake2 05-01-06 1
   RE: Is Cassie a real poet? SeasonedRefinement 05-01-06 2
 RE: Is Cassie a real poet? eire_heart74 05-01-06 3
   RE: Is Cassie a real poet? Boots12565 05-01-06 4
 Locking - duplicate Cygnus X1 05-02-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-01-06, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Cassie a real poet?"
Yes, I remember last season when Cassie was in the SOH, she mentioned that one of her dreams was to publish a book of poetry on recovery from addictions.

I don't think Cassie has an academic-type knowledge of poetry, and sometimes the structure of her poems seem almost childlike. However, I think Cassie is a very emotional person, and uses poetry to express her feelings, and I could imagine someone who has been through the situations Cassie writes about being very affected by her words.

I noticed both Rhonda and Dustin's girlfriend had to wipe away tears as Cassie was reading the poem today. It was very touching.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-01-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Cassie a real poet?"
Being able to touch people with the written word is a talent, and Cassie's sentiments do come from a deep place in her heart. But not every writer is a poet.

Is it poetry? That may be open to interpretation. Poetry is a huge subject, and there are many different types of poetry. If Cassie's writing fell into any category of poetry, it might be confessional poetry (based on the life and experiences of the poet). Poems are usually written with some type of meter, they employ imagery, and one particular refrain is usually revisited. From what I remember, Cassie's writings sounded more like heart-felt prose to me. It's pretty straightforward and it sounds like she just writes what comes to her head without getting bogged down with structure.

I think some education could fine tune her skills.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-01-06, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Cassie a real poet?"
She also talked about becoming a LPN last season as well. I think Cassie is still very immature in her ideas. She doesn't think things through at all. It's very child like and implusive. She wants to be everything when she grows up but has a very hard time getting it done.

Her writing although touching reminds me of a very sappy hallmark card.

Boots12565 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-01-06, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boots12565 Click to send private message to Boots12565 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Cassie a real poet?"
Dustin was CRYING while cassie read her poem-It obviously touched him deeply-Is she a real poet?He** Ya!!PEACE AT YA

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-06, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Locking - duplicate"
Could have gone in the other thread about Cassie's poem.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •