The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sommer's Return"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-25-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sommer's Return"
So how do we all feel about Sommer's return to the SO house? I loved how they asked all the housemates in group if she could stay. Like they had anything to do with that choice! She's there for a reason, ratings!!!

She certainly looked good. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sommer's Return GoodnightLittleBear 04-25-06 1
   RE: Sommer's Return 26mitogo 04-25-06 4
       RE: Sommer's Return LaurieC 04-26-06 51
           RE: Sommer's Return MelJ 04-26-06 56
 RE: Sommer's Return Incognito 04-25-06 2
   RE: Sommer's Return Juliejo 04-25-06 3
       RE: Sommer's Return Lanna42 04-25-06 5
   RE: Sommer's Return elgin 04-25-06 12
 RE: Sommer's Return ElizabethRKK 04-25-06 6
   RE: Sommer's Return eire_heart74 04-25-06 7
       RE: Sommer's Return Lanna42 04-25-06 9
   RE: Sommer's Return Lanna42 04-25-06 8
 RE: Sommer's Return dasboot 04-25-06 10
   RE: Sommer's Return staceeturner 04-25-06 11
   RE: Sommer's Return redheaded1 04-25-06 13
   RE: Sommer's Return EMTBGRL 04-25-06 17
 RE: Sommer's Return snowflake2 04-25-06 14
   RE: Sommer's Return annie828 04-25-06 15
   RE: Sommer's Return standinmytruth 04-25-06 23
   RE: Sommer's Return ChristinaJB 04-26-06 46
   RE: Sommer's Return DedeV 04-26-06 67
   RE: Sommer's Return msbehavin 04-28-06 74
 RE: Sommer's Return sandboxx 04-25-06 16
   RE: Sommer's Return Baxtera 04-25-06 18
       RE: Sommer's Return smokeysmom 04-25-06 21
 RE: Sommer's Return standinmytruth 04-25-06 19
 RE: Sommer's Return pinksparkleguitar 04-25-06 20
   RE: Sommer's Return shawnar 04-25-06 22
       RE: Sommer's Return pnina 04-25-06 25
           RE: Sommer's Return phlinky 04-25-06 26
 RE: Sommer's Return BlowingOver 04-25-06 24
   RE: Sommer's Return AshLanie 04-25-06 27
       RE: Sommer's Return MizJazmine 04-25-06 41
           RE: Sommer's Return AshLanie 04-26-06 50
 RE: Sommer's Return Cleverone 04-25-06 28
 RE: Sommer's Return petmama 04-25-06 29
 RE: Sommer's Return Mama_Pita 04-25-06 30
 RE: Sommer's Return standinmytruth 04-25-06 31
   skinny sommer PanchoVilla 04-25-06 32
       RE: skinny sommer SeasonedRefinement 04-25-06 36
           RE: skinny sommer snowflake2 04-25-06 42
               RE: skinny sommer SeasonedRefinement 04-26-06 49
   RE: Sommer's Return snowflake2 04-25-06 43
 RE: Sommer's Return bizziliz 04-25-06 33
 RE: Sommer's Return Alpharedhead 04-25-06 34
 RE: Sommer's Return eire_heart74 04-25-06 35
   RE: Sommer's Return robynrit 04-25-06 37
       RE: Sommer's Return Boots12565 04-25-06 38
           RE: Sommer's Return Incognito 04-25-06 40
       RE: Sommer's Return Incognito 04-25-06 39
           RE: Sommer's Return snowflake2 04-25-06 44
 RE: Sommer's Return beckettrep 04-26-06 45
   RE: Sommer's Return mhb0125 04-26-06 47
 RE: Sommer's Return imagma 04-26-06 48
   RE: Sommer's Return Shazbot 04-26-06 52
       RE: Sommer's Return PanchoVilla 04-26-06 53
           RE: Sommer's Return SportsNut 04-26-06 58
       RE: Sommer's Return 26mitogo 04-26-06 54
           RE: Sommer's Return smokeysmom 04-26-06 55
 Sommer's web site imagma 04-26-06 57
   RE: Sommer's web site 26mitogo 04-26-06 59
       RE: Sommer's web site PanchoVilla 04-26-06 60
       RE: Sommer's web site AshLanie 04-26-06 61
       RE: Sommer's web site Cinnamongirl30 04-26-06 62
   RE: Sommer's web site snowflake2 04-26-06 66
 RE: Sommer's Return sweet cheeks 04-26-06 63
   RE: Sommer's Return shermie 04-26-06 65
       RE: Sommer's Return sweet cheeks 04-28-06 73
 RE: Sommer's Return maryellennaco 04-26-06 64
   RE: Sommer's Return EMTBGRL 04-26-06 68
       RE: Sommer's Return SeasonedRefinement 04-26-06 69
           RE: Sommer's Return 26mitogo 04-27-06 70
               RE: Sommer's Return SeasonedRefinement 04-27-06 71
                   RE: Sommer's Return Incognito 04-27-06 72
                   RE: Sommer's Return snowflake2 04-28-06 75
                       RE: Sommer's Return sowhat 04-28-06 76
                           RE: Sommer's Return 26mitogo 04-28-06 77
 RE: Sommer's Return sharnina 05-16-06 78

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-25-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sommer's Return"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 11:50 AM (EST)

I think it's a bad idea to bring back past HGs. Look at what happened with Allison. It became the Allison Show and people became disgusted with the whole thing. I think they just need to drop the drama and get back to the basics of the show.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I'm with GoodnightLittleBear: >>>"I think it's a bad idea to bring back past HGs. ... I think they just need to drop the drama and get back to the basics of the show."<<< I didn't like Sommer the 1st time around and from what I saw on MySpace it doesn't look like she needs another place to prance around showing her bod. We have Christie ... do we need another HG that thinks she's all that and totally obsessed with her lookes? I think the reason she's back on is to extend her 15 min. & to get as many comments like what eire_heart74 said: "She certainly looked good."

LaurieC 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-26-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaurieC Click to send private message to LaurieC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I dont care for Sommer either, however....I am sure that it was not her who asked to return. I would bet SO asked her to come back. What a joke...to put it to the other hg after Sommer is already in the house. We are coming to the end of the season folks, and producers want the show to go out with a bang.

Any semblence of "help" has finally gone right out the window for me. Each season has become progressively worse, in the silly exercises...( I do like the money exercise for Antonia) and Rhonda becoming so smug and downright rude and snarly. Saying things a life coach would never in a million years say.

Oh well...guess that speaks volumes about where my head is at...I'm still watching.

MelJ 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-26-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MelJ Click to send private message to MelJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Sommer's Return"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-06 AT 01:59 PM (EST)

I think Rhoda needs to be smug because some of the women
just artn't getting it like Kim. How many times did we hear Rhoda tell kim the same thing over and over. Just like she did with Sommer last season. Sometimes I think these women wan to be in the hosue more than get help...
I deffinatly think that's why sommers back, she loves attention. Have you seen her myspace and her web page. She must be center of attention.

Plus she want's sho show off her new body.

Incognito 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito Click to send private message to Incognito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sommer's Return"
eire_heart74 writes:
>So how do we all feel
>about Sommer's return to the
>SO house? I
>loved how they asked all
>the housemates in group if
>she could stay.
>Like they had anything to
>do with that choice!
>She's there for a reason,
>ratings!!!

I can't wait!!! Three hours till show time!!! Please God! No earthquake or other natural or manmade disaster! I think I would blow a gasket!!!

>She certainly looked good. It
>will be interesting to see
>how this plays out.

Is she sporting the blonde bob? Couldn't stand the sneak the first time around and doubt I'll like the egomaniac any better this time. YaY!!! Let's hear it for ratings!!! Is she snapping pics yet? Collecting crap to sell on eBay? Who's she rooming with?
Incognito

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I only started watching SO when Allison, Jessica, T.J., Christina and Jill were in the house so I dont' know Sommer. But, when they brought Allison back it was a disaster and I ended up hating her. Just having to see her everyday became too much. So lets hope for the best with this one. Huh?

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-25-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Beauty is subjective but why did Sommer chop off her beautiful long wavy DARK hair and dye it blond? Yuck......Just my opinion.Did Andy do a pre-show make-over?No I guess not....there was no funeral parlor make-up on her yet.What in hell does she use to apply that stuff a spade?She reminds me of a co-worker I used to have who looked like she slapped all her makeup on a powder puff,closed her eyes and smashed it into her face a few times.The heavily made up look looks fine on Andy but the natural look is best for a lot of people.Sommer had terrible body image issues when she first came to the house but it appears she resolved those on her own.You don't have mega pictures posted on a personal web site if you have body image problems.Didn't Rhonda learn anything from getting burned the first time? This seems like self promotion to me and not much else.Oh well..........they want to wrap things up.

elgin 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-06, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail elgin Click to send private message to elgin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I agree, I can't stand her. Get the show back on track to be what it is ment to be. Leave it to television to ruin anything genuine and turn it into phoney bull. Left to be what it was supposed to be it could really HELP women. Stop this nonsense. We are told that there are hundreds of women applying. Instead of helping real people and issues they are going to old guests and being phoney and fake in the show itself. Poo Pooh.

ElizabethRKK 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElizabethRKK Click to send private message to ElizabethRKK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I just started watch SO this season. What is the "production" they keep referring to that Sommer did?

04-25-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Sommer was caught on camera many times discussing the cast with the production staff. (ie the director, camera guys that sort of thing) She then would use what they told them and tell other castmates what they said, what they had heard other castmates say about them. Basically she stirred up the pot of drama big time by getting gossip from where she shouldn't of been getting it. I don't know if the staff ever got in trouble for doing it. But it looked alot like Sommer was doing it for air time or interest in how the show ran.

04-25-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sommer's Return"
My apologies Eire Heart that got alittle redundant.

04-25-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Sommer got caught up in some kind of personal relationship with a member of the production crew.(camera man,asst.Director or something)she was apparently spending more time communicating with them instead of doing her"exercises."They intimated that she was compromising the privacy(integrity) of the house by doing this.That she was possibly pursuing a career in show business.And that she may even have instigated a break in to one of the off limits staff areas where personal notes were kept.Personally, I suspect she did all of the above.

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sommer's Return"
SO is all over the place this year. Never know what's coming next.

I think they took liberties in their teasers when they described Sommer as the 'most disliked houseguest in SO history.' This was purely a ratings ploy. I don't think Sommer can claim the title.

Also, it's strange they are bringing her back after they literally fired her. In the real world, you are very, very, very seldom invited back to a job after you've screwed up. It just doesn't happen. But here we are. So what is the point? Ratings?

Although, after LazyLisa being given chance after chance after chance after chance after chance, SO owed roses and letters of apology to all the women they've kicked out in the past.

Since Sommer knowingly broke the rules, I don't think she deserved a second chance. I would have rather seen Deborah or Tess or Christine or Kimberlyn...people who "failed" because of not being "ready" or incapable at the time as opposed to someone who insisted on thumbing their nose at the LC's, SO house, the coaches, and the "process." Her favorite phrase about every assignment was "I don't get it." Well, if she didn't get it then, what has changed? So now she is willing to parrot what the LC's want to hear when she wasn't before?

Also, I would have more respect for her if she had lost the weight by lifestyle changes instead of gastric bypass.

And what could FormerSaintRhonda have to say to Sommer after she has been guiding Christie for weeks to the conclusion that she was wrong for having a gastric bypass instead modifying her lifestyle?

Haven't seen the show today. But for me I am about to go in dislike overload. ToadieJodie is hard to look at. I thought she'd she be one of the first to graduate and she's still there. Christie's perpectually tired a$$ is still dragging. Antonia is a brat. Sommer is a retread...old news. Namibia affect is flat and. It is getting harder to watch. But it's all good.

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I watched the season sommer was on and all I can say really is maybe she will "get it" this time around she sure should be grateful for the second oppurtunity, and I know the Rhonda is serious about it being her final chance. jmo

short&sassy

redheaded1 33 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded1 Click to send private message to redheaded1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sommer's Return"
It's got to be hard to admit that you screwed up and to start over again... and on national TV. I also think everyone deserves a second chance. She broke some rules, not killed anyone... why wouldn't they give her another chance. I hope she does well.

"Life's big problems include the words indictment or inoperable, the rest is small stuff"

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Sommer's Return"
>Although, after LazyLisa being given chance
>after chance after chance after
>chance after chance, SO owed
>roses and letters of apology
>to all the women they've
>kicked out in the past.
>
And, how!!
>
>Since Sommer knowingly broke the rules,
>I don't think she deserved
>a second chance.

I agree 110%
Sommer knew what she was doing the first time around. I don't think she needed the SOH to "fix" what was broken. She needed a good swift kick in the pants-area and a full time job! (to keep her too busy for break-ins and rule breaking.)

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I'm sure they thought bringing in a HG that was previously kicked out would be so terribly exciting and good for ratings, but as far as I'm concerned, Sommer is a snoozefest. (If they owe anyone a "second" second chance, it should have been Kimberlynn, who was unceremoniously dumped, although she didn't pull a fraction of the cr@p other HG's have gotten away with. I doubt she would have been desperate enough to come back, though.)

I didn't care much for Sommer the first time around; she always struck me as insincere, self-obsessed, and opportunistic. I was also disgusted with how she had a friend or two that died in drunk-driving related deaths, yet proudly talked about her "Jack & cokes" and brought pics of herself for the plasma that showed her behind the wheel holding alcoholic beverages.

I see they let her pick up where she left off...she has 2 steps, and only has 2 left to go...something about relationships & body image. They should have given her a new issue...letting Dr. Stan get to the root of her compulsion to post like, a bazillion pics of herself all over the internet. Sommer is boring and very average-looking, yet she is apparently fascinated by herself. I am already sick of her as a result of her shoving her face on anything that is remotely SO-related.

Did y'all catch how it took several moments for Jodi to know who she was? Geez, Sommer, maybe you should step up the pic-posting.

Did Sommer look thinner? Definitely. However, I didn't really find her any more attractive than she when was fat.

And maybe she should book an appt. with the gastric bypass specialist who met with Christie, in order to make sure she is getting all the vitamins she needs...her hair looks thin & seriously unhealthy. The ends look like they were chewed off by wild animals rather than cut with scissors.

annie828 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annie828 Click to send private message to annie828 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sommer's Return"
snowflake wrote: "The ends look like they were chewed off by wild animals rather than cut with scissors."

Maybe Andy gave Sommer a "pre-makeover" for her "comeback"!

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sommer's Return"

>I didn't care much for Sommer
>the first time around; she
>always struck me as insincere,
>self-obsessed, and opportunistic. I
>was also disgusted with how
>she had a friend or
>two that died in drunk-driving
>related deaths, yet proudly talked
>about her "Jack & cokes"
>and brought pics of herself
>for the plasma that showed
>her behind the wheel holding
>alcoholic beverages.
>

THANK YOU! Interesting that her partying and affair with a married man wasn't part of the plasm today. She seems more confused and insincere than ever. Must get some Tums before watching Sommer and Christie bond over their GBS. Eesh!

ChristinaJB 158 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChristinaJB Click to send private message to ChristinaJB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Sommer's Return"
May SWEEPS! That is all this is. I'm so disappointed in Starting Over.

Sommer is a wanna be actress. Gee, if you read her web site, she moved from TX to California - HMMM. Her web site shows her and her life and she is doing fantastic - she doesn't need SO for real reasons, she wants some more camera time and possible footage to take to become an actress. She can say - "See how I cried? I didn't really even have a problem, but I sure acted like I did."

Bleck.

I didn't like her the first time around and I'm not interested this time. I can certainly feel that this show is wrapping up now, it's losing it's integrity. How sad.

DedeV 155 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention that. I think it is probably a lot of partying and not eating right. Her hair looks like it has broken off to be that short. It is terrible!

msbehavin 69 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-06, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail msbehavin Click to send private message to msbehavin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Snowflake wrote: "...her hair looks thin & seriously unhealthy. The ends look like they were chewed off by wild animals rather than cut with scissors."

I read this a couple days ago, and it made me snort iced cappucino up through my nose. I'm still laughing about it. Thanks, Snowflake!

What does she do to that mop to make it look so bad? I haven't seen her wear her hair straightened like that again since the first day (thank heavens), only her "wet natural" look, which does seem to disguise the ends a lot better, but still looks horrible. This may be the first time I'll be glad to see Andy P. get her hands on someone.

sandboxx 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sandboxx Click to send private message to sandboxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Sommer's Return"
First off IMO she looked awful...haggard and tired!
The only thing that was good about her the first time was seeing alot of Marcus!

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-25-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I must confess I almost chocked on the morning soda when I saw the Princess Leiah Rhonda look talking to Sommer. I had forgotten how stupid Rhonda really can look.

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Truly. The combination of her attempt to look both haughty and caring at the same time caused her half-moon eyebrows to go so far up her forhead she looked like a marionette carved out of wood... But, to keep on topic, she must have been glad to see that Sommer (why the O?) already has the requisite flyaway ends haircut that Rhonda demands of all who start over... Cut back on the eyelift / botox, girl.

04-25-06, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Sommer's Return"
she still looks washed out and unhealthy

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I really want to know who initiated this return, did Sommer call up and say 'hey, let me back' or more likely, did they ask her back in? If so, I think it is awful that she agreed, because she had to know how they would beat her up over and over for what she 'did' last time around. And that is all that Rhonda did to they was shoot stiff 'I know more about you than you do' looks at her.

And yes, her hair looked awful!

I thought it was funny they asked the housemates if Sommer should stay, like they get a choice but to live with this DAW.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-25-06, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I don't think they should of given her a second chance. I didn't like her the first time around. I agree her hair was awful and she did look very pale. I wonder if she met up with Rhonda at one of those Charity events where the starting over girls get together with other reality tv people. And then Rhonda decided she should come back. I think its a bad idea a very bad idea!

pnina 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pnina Click to send private message to pnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Sommer's Return"
You're so right! Frankly, I turned the show off after Sommer made her return to the house. I don't understand how Rhonda and Iyanla can justify bringing back someone they kicked out for violating the so-called "integrity and sacredness" of the SO House. Oh wait... ratings!

I did catch a glimpse of Sommer. She's still not all that special (except to herself). What is she supposed to be working on?

As far as I'm concerned the return of Sommer realy indicates the demise of the Starting Over show.

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I think it is amazing that Sommer told everyone that she was doing well in the 8 months. I seem to recall that she was selling some of the clothing she received on SO from last season on ebay. Let's see what the reasons could be:
a) Lost so much weight they didn't fit; or
b) Cash in on SO

My bet is option B, a way to exploit the show even more.

BlowingOver 143 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlowingOver Click to send private message to BlowingOver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Sommer was particularly cruel to Rachel, too . . .

http://www.startingoverfans.com/archives/006241.html

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Sommer's Return"
>Sommer was particularly cruel to Rachel,
>too . . .
>
>http://www.startingoverfans.com/archives/006241.html

Well seems Rachel wasn't exactly nice either in that interview. Goes to show Rachel learned nothing either...oh wait, she wasn't there to learn anything etc...she was there to sit around and wait til the show decided to let her know they had found her father.

She said those comments after she had graduated, after she supposedly grew up..makes one wonder if she wasn't exactly what her family said she was when she was younger....an inccorgible child who snuck out at night to meet guys.

Sommer never once trashed talked anyone on the show, never attacked anyone on the show.....yet she had to wear a scarlett letter for a one night stand she ahd with a married guy...she ahd to jsutify and be told she was a racist cause she didn't want to date a black guy...she was called this by Towanda, who gets arrested soon afer she, Towanda graduates....and Rachel lied twice about Sommer within the house to the other housemates.

It was NEVER proven she had anything more than jsut talking to production, even though Rachel would like people to think there was. Rachel was never happy unless she was the drama or was causing the drama.

Did I want to see Sommer abck? NO..but not because of ehr talking with production but because she, I feel, doesn't need the likes of Rhonda coaching her. IF she had been given IV, then I might like her, Sommer, being back.

Rhonda and the show accused her of the edited fake break in also....I feel it is wrong for Rhonda to be her coach considering the history between the two of them.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-06, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Sommer's Return"
AshLanie...What you're describing is how I remember Sommer too. I felt like she was the scapegoat from the get go. I didn't understand how they could even put that "A" on her, because didn't they even hear her say how that man was killed while driving drunk? It was like that just went over their heads.

Listening to the agreement she made with Rhonda, I thought "NO WAY". To me it's like Sommer is at the mercy of Rhonda, and that just can't be good. I don't really care for Sommer being back, but since she is I think it would have been better for Iyanla to coach her also. To me this whole thing is just a big 'ol power trip for Rhonda.

When they bought on board the Personal Trainer whose African American for Christie knowing that Sommer was coming back and that there are 2 black hg's, I thought "uh huh...here we go...." I hope Sommer does okay, but I don't know...I hope she doesn't get dogged out again....

It's gonna get interesting tho' because the house is officially full of single women now.

04-26-06, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Sommer's Return"
>AshLanie...What you're describing is how I
>remember Sommer too. I felt
>like she was the scapegoat
>from the get go. I
>didn't understand how they could
>even put that "A" on
>her, because didn't they even
>hear her say how that
>man was killed while driving
>drunk? It was like that
>just went over their heads.
>
>
>Listening to the agreement she made
>with Rhonda, I thought "NO
>WAY". To me it's like
>Sommer is at the mercy
>of Rhonda, and that just
>can't be good. I don't
>really care for Sommer being
>back, but since she is
>I think it would have
>been better for Iyanla to
>coach her also. To me
>this whole thing is just
>a big 'ol power trip
>for Rhonda.
>
>When they bought on board the
>Personal Trainer whose African American
>for Christie knowing that Sommer
>was coming back and that
>there are 2 black hg's,
>I thought "uh huh...here we
>go...." I hope Sommer does
>okay, but I don't know...I
>hope she doesn't get dogged
>out again....
>
>It's gonna get interesting tho' because
>the house is officially full
>of single women now.

Super post and stated much better than I had.

Well, I think because the show wasn't renewed they needed to bring in someone that didn't need 4-5 steps to complete and someone close by to save air fare etc money.

Sommer lives nearby and has only two steps to complete. Season (tv viewing time)ends in a little over a month, if not mistaken.

I wonder shy Sommer would come back after being abused so much the last time..and yes, I feel she was abused. She was abused by having to wear the scarlet letter, she was abused by Towanda (the so called perfect houeguest yet gets arrested soon after graduating-gotta love the irony-she was sooo judgemental of Sommer!), Rachel, and Kim, she was abused by the show insinutating that it was Sommer who did the break in (you knopw the scripted break in written by the two soap opera writes that are on staff), etc.

As for her talking to the staff.....well, one time the staff came to her when all were waiting in the van. Towanda ran to IV to tattle only, we the viewers, find afterwards that Sommer, who was driving, was being told to wait..they had to set the cameras up back at the house.

She gets kicked out for talking to staff yet in the first season some of the ladies talked about their interactions with the staff.

It seems as the seasons went along, they needed more and more drama....Sommer was used for that-drama.

Also, wondering if the show felt and or read what the viewers had to say about the situation/s-How some ladies got kicked out while others were given chance after chance? Naw....the producers aren't that smart otherwise they would ahve stuck with a successful format from season one.

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Sommer's Return"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

Hi Eire_heart74...I'm not too keen on the idea of bringing her back...like Snowflake, I didn't care for Sommer the first time around...she's very sneaky and self-serving. She kept up sooo much "conflama" the first time and is bound to do it again because it's her nature to do so..I don't think she's change judging from her website postings...it's all about her and her "need" to be popular. According to her story today, I'm not really sure exactly why she's there other than to get more air time. I hate that she blew her initial chance at starting over, but she was given plenty of warnings...she reminds me of a child who delibertely does what the parent has asked her not to do, all the while, looking the parent straight in the eyes and not giving a sh*t that she's disobeying and calling the parent on their preceived bluff...she deserved what she got the first time.

I'm anxious to see how she does this time around....hhhhmmmmnn! I hope they don't bore us to death with these return wayward HG's.

(edited to add): I thought she looked thiner, but the hair was atrocious (if that's the going look this season, they can keep it) and she looked tired and haggardly after a night of partying. It' s sad to say that she's still the "party girl"...so she hasn't changed too much.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I though it was really stupid of Rhonda to ask those four HG's, who have just met Sommer in person and only seen her, in a highly editted version, on TV, if she should stay. Or, go. BTW, I'm not sure how many of those HG's actually saw her on TV. Or, if they watched her entire stay in the SOH. Jodi said she'd seen her afew times on TV.
Rhonda's question about Sommer's "love life" was stupid, too. That gal is so hung up on men. Is she on a crusade to hook up every unattached HG with a man? It sure seems that way.

Mama_Pita 122 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mama_Pita Click to send private message to Mama_Pita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Sommer's Return"
As I have stated before, Im against all these house guests that they let back in the door. Im all for "You had your chance the first time, if you didnt get it then, you'll never get it." If you were THROWN OUT for mis-behavin then you need to STAY OUT. Give someone else a chance to make thier live better. Sommer was kicked out cause she WOULD NOT follow the rules of the house after being told time and time again. We want to see some new people not the same ole boring rule breakers who dont want to work on thier problems.

04-25-06, 05:32 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Sommer's Return"
who hit sommer with an ugly stick?

PanchoVilla 39 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PanchoVilla Click to send private message to PanchoVilla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "skinny sommer"
she looked better before (longer hair) but I think shes going to make christie and Jodie mad just because shes not fat anymore..

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: skinny sommer"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

Can someone who remembers the Sommer episodes from last year help me out here?

Was Rhonda reiterating the Sommer departure accurately during today's meeting? Even their own clips seemed to support my memory of the way the exile of Sommer took place.

During the flashback scenes (where Rhonda is wearing a pink bath mat over a brown camisole), Rhonda said: "Sommer, this is very difficult for Iyanla and myself. At the BOR's, you know that if you hurt or harm yourself or another, you can be asked to leave the SO house, and with a very, very heavy heart, Iyanla and I have decided that you must leave the SO house right now. A car will be picking you up in ten minutes, please leave now. You pack your stuff, everything you can in ten minutes, and everything else will be taken care of for you." After Sommer leaves the room, Rhonda addresses the HG's still sitting at the table. She says, "This was not an easy decision for Iyanla and myself." What is also confusing is that the women did not look like they were a part of this decision - actually some of them looked very surprised - especially Denise (mouth open) and Towanda.

Now we flash forward to today's house. Rhonda and Iyanla sit in the group meeting (anyone notice Rhonda's school marm attire - even a cameo at the throat of her ruffled collar?). Rhonda, in a voice over, is stating that she still has to determine whether or not Sommer will "endanger" this house as she did the last house. Rhonda says to the women, "This is the second time that Sommer has been here. The first time was over a year ago, and she did a lot of great work when she was here. Sommer was asked to leave because she got focused on other things that had nothing to do with her goal. She became distracted by production so much so that her housemates came to me and told me that it was interferring in their process. Sommer had been given over three warnings. We had talked about it extensively. When it became very clear that it interferred with the other women in the SO house, I and Iyanla had an emergency BOR, and we discussed it with her, and discussed it with her house mates. Her house mates, as well as Iyanla and myself, thought it best that she leave the SO house."

I just don't remember the HG's having a voice in the decision to make her leave last year. I can believe that some of them complained to the LC's about Sommer, but Rhonda made it sound like the decision to kick her out was made by the two LC's alone when she was with the women of season 2, and then she made it sound as though the exile was the will of all the HG's and the LC's when talking to the women of season 3.

Besides that, I agree with the posters who thought Sommer was one big snoozerama. IMO, Calling her "the most disliked HG" was just BS. She just didn't incite any intense feelings or passion in me, one way or the other. Tess or Deborah? Well, that would be entirely different, lol. But those two spitfires probably told SO where to go when they asked them to comeback (to their credit).

BTW, were we supposed to believe that Sommer came all the way to the house and was forced to sweat it out as to whether the HG's would allow her to stay or make her head back to the airport? Oh come on - she repented with tears and humility, just as she promised the producers she would - so they let her come home.

I wish Rhonda would stop acting like she's doing battle with a stealthy Darth Vader character on this one. If she asked one more time about how "safe" the house was with Sommer in it, I was going to scream. How could Sommer be so incredibly desperate for attention that she allows this type of nonsense to go on unchallenged?

Be careful Sommer! This time Rhonda will not accept any bad behavior. Yawn and snore.

ETA: typo

04-25-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: skinny sommer"
SR,

If I recall correctly, Sommer was disliked by several of her fellow housemates. They did play a part in Sommer being kicked out...not at the BOR, but by complaining that Sommer's interaction with the crew was jeopardizing their "process". I recall Rachel being most vocal about Sommer's actions, although I believe Cassie also voiced her frustrations with Sommer. Towanda didn't like her, either, especially after Sommer's comments about black men.

I seem to recall at least 3 HG's (Rachel, Cassie, maybe Denise?) asking to speak to Rhonda after group to voice their concerns about Sommer receiving inside info from the crew. Rachel was especially concerned that the crew was keeping Sommer informed of other HG's conversations, etc. Specifically, Sommer had knowledge about one of Rachel's conversations in the van (with Cassie, I believe?) concerning Renee. Rachel had said something like, "I don't even know why she's in the house". This info was passed from the crew to Sommer, and from Sommer to Renee. I believe this resulted in some behind-the-scenes crew firings. Also, Rhonda claimed that several crew members complained that Sommer was preventing them from doing their jobs by not leaving them alone despite warnings.

Last season, when they kicked Sommer out, they also showed some footage of her acting stupid with crew members...calling out to them, etc.

SeasonedRefinement wrote: <<How could Sommer be so incredibly desperate for attention that she allows this type of nonsense to go on unchallenged?>>

SR, Sommer not only agreed to be on the show again, she supposedly initiated the whole thing. I truly believe she needs psychological help to deal with her need for attention. It astounds me that there are so many people desperate for attention from the public for doing nothing. Sommer is not interesting, doesn't have any special talents, is not especially attractive, and doesn't appear to really be doing anything especially attention-worthy. Wow! She parties with her friends and has a lot of pictures snapped of herself doing it. How spell-binding! <<sarcasm>>

04-26-06, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: skinny sommer"
Thanks, SF...much obliged, ma'am (said in cowboy character ) And my apologies to Miss Rhonda. How could I doubt her integrity?

I didn't think I'd wait too long for a good memory to kick in.

It's funny that you mentioned Cassie and Rachel being involved in reporting Sommer. They are the two who did not seem surprised about the "kick-out" at the BOR - they just looked kind of sad.

Would you do me and favor and post the link to her site - I'm just dying to witness Sommer's "fascination with herself" (great line, SF! It made me think of an infant who finds their image in the mirror for the first time - you know, all dribbly and wobbly, they'll reach out to touch their reflection, so spellbound by what they're seeing that they will loose their balance and fall over before they'll break their gaze, lol). Thanks.

04-25-06, 10:54 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Sommer is waaaay too young for those serious bags she's got going under her eyes.

bizziliz 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bizziliz Click to send private message to bizziliz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I don't know how much Sommer has changed since being kicked out, but she sure hasn't forgotten how to turn on the instant crocodile tears and go into that high-pitched pity-poor-me voice. It was her typical act from last season, one she could turn off and on at any given second. She immediately went into this fakiness the minute she got into group.

We'll just have to see if she backs away from her assignments (like last season) just to lengthen her time in the house, because she was supposedly having so much trouble "getting it."

Still, she was popular with many viewers and created lots of conflama, so I'm not surprised she's back, though I'm not pleased to see her. She is such a pretender.

Alpharedhead 138 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpharedhead Click to send private message to Alpharedhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I love her, love her, love her... Glad she's back... Can't wait to see how she's grown....

And that -- in the words of Forrest Gump -- is about all I have to say about that!

~AR~

04-25-06, 07:55 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I could see a big weight loss but the hair looked like typical hollywood actress wannabe. Dye it blond and fry it out@

robynrit 65 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robynrit Click to send private message to robynrit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Sommer's Return"
My thinking is...doesn't Rhonda have some kind of "body image" book out--or soon to be coming out??? Hmmm????

Boots12565 195 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boots12565 Click to send private message to Boots12565 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I think they asked Sommer to return-BECAUSE-Shes a DRAMA QUEEN!!!I also wonder about the INFAMOUS Break-In???!I definitely think Sommer was the perp who did the deed!!!Its gonna get interesting for sure!Have a GREAT evening peeps!PEACE

04-25-06, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito Click to send private message to Incognito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Boots12565 writes:
>I think they asked Sommer to
>return-BECAUSE-Shes a DRAMA QUEEN!!!I also
>wonder about the INFAMOUS Break-In???!I
>definitely think Sommer was the
>perp who did the deed!!!Its
>gonna get interesting for sure!Have
>a GREAT evening peeps!PEACE

My understanding is Sommer, herself, contacted Starting Over and wanted to return. And, just maybe Wrongda will make good on her promise from last year that the truth about the break-in will be revealed... Better late than nevah, right?
Incognito

04-25-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Sommer's Return"
robynrit writes:
>My thinking is...doesn't Rhonda
>have some kind of "body image" book
>out--or soon to be coming out???
>Hmmm????

It's been out for a few weeks. Christie is featured in the book and Rhonda and Christie have done book signings for it. Things that make ME go hummm...?
Incognito

04-25-06, 11:08 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Hmmmm, maybe Christie can take a look at Sommer and finally "get it"...that having GBS doesn't automatically turn you into a model-type.

If I recall correctly, last season Sommer mentioned that everyone always told her she'd be prettier than the models at the modeling agency where she worked if she lost some weight. (Ooops, guess they were a little off there.)

In my opinion, Sommer, like Christie, spent all the time she was overweight constructing a fantasy world where her only physical flaw was the fat...hence the fixation on photographs of herself now that she's lost weight.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Sommer's Return"
>So how do we all feel
>about Sommer's return to the
>SO house? I
>loved how they asked all
>the housemates in group if
>she could stay.
>Like they had anything to
>do with that choice!
>She's there for a reason,
>ratings!!!
>
>She certainly looked good. It
>will be interesting to see
>how this plays out.

Sommer has herself plastered all over the internet - looking totally jovial and at peace with herself. This cock-n-bull story about needing to now find 'balance'.......and yet it wasn't even incorporated into her goal or steps - what a crock of bs all of this is. Sommer simply wanted more air time and was willing to eat crow to get it. Can't believe SO would even consider taking her back after she made such a spectacle of herself on Ebay - even going so far as to sell a blank journal. Maybe that's Sommer's REAL reason for returning - she needed to garner more 'stuff' to sell on Ebay - When she came in packing it lightly and one of the housemates commented on it I couldn't help but think it was all probably Sommer owned - she couldn't bring more because she's sold everything else on Ebay. It doesn't look like we're gonna see housemate #6 - seems the season must be winding down and Sommer will probably be the last 'newbie' to arrive. What a joke this show has become.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I'm not Sommer's biggest fan but I thought it was RI-DIC-U-LOUS that Rhonda went on and on in Group and ASKED the HG's if she should stay. Why not talk to them BEFORE she got there? Oh, ratings!!!! I really thought it was horrible that Rhonda told Sommer in their one-on-one if Rhonda heard a hint of Somer fraternizing with production from a HG that there would be no investigation-she would have to just leave. What if the other HG's are told this and one of them (Antonia!!!) gets ticked at her and lies just to get her kicked out of the house? That would be so unjust. Sommer was not very liked last season and she made mistakes in the past but they branded her with a scarlet letter as soon as she walked in the door!!

imagma 33 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 06:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail imagma Click to send private message to imagma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I was not a big fan of Sommer during her first time in the SO house - even before her episodes with the production crew were made known.

I think they brought her back for additional drama - increase ratings.

I still follow the show but I am not the fan I once was!

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Well upon second impression, she seemed to have integrity in group, or maybe she just cries well on camera.

But I have to admit, Sommer is part of the reason I stopped watching season 2. You could see she was just so full of it, and it was a total waste of time to have her on the airwaves... and look at what happened... she made such a mockery of the show they had to get rid of her.

04-26-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PanchoVilla Click to send private message to PanchoVilla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I dont trust her either, she was very sneaky last year and seemed to (and still is) be doing the show to further her career in show business. I also think that she and Christie have to have some other issues, you dont lose all that weight and not have issues about going back to the same weight..They both were told they could have modeling careers if they lost weight, lost it and found out that its not that easy and they are not that"hot". Telling someone you could be a model if you lose weight is just a nice way of saying your too fat..

SportsNut 51 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SportsNut Click to send private message to SportsNut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I've visited Sommer's various websites in the past - out of curiosity, I'll admit. She had an automobile accident recently and, her "new job" turned out to be temporary so...from what I understand, she went back to waitressing. Those of us who watched last year know that she made no bones about wanting a career in show business. I think her sole reason for coming back is to milk whatever ounce of notoriety she has and try to seriously launch some type of career. She now lives in San Diego (having relocated from Dallas) and I think she feels she has the looks, body, etc. now to seriously make a go for it. Her so-called goals are not real (just my opinion) but rather an excuse to get back to the only show that even made her somewhat of a quasi-reality-celebrity.

BTW: That hair of hers is a mess!! She looked much better with the long hair she used to have. I wonder if Andy Paige set her up with a stylist because it is just plain awful!! YUCK!

04-26-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Sommer's Return"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-06 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

IMO, Sommer's return looks to be part of her immensely exaggerated sense of popularity or everyone-is-watching-me syndrome. She did not want to do her assignments last year fearing she would appear stupid to the VAST worldwide audiences who were watching her every move with everlasting captivation. She seems to have the mistaken idea that the minute she was accepted as a HM on SO she instantly became a worldwide well-known member of society that would forever be followed by infinite numbers of others with everpresent interest ... like a superstar ... someone who would be written about for generations to come. Given this premise, I guess it could be a little intimidating to do some of the things the LCs can come up with. (However, in actuality, she looked far more rediculous putting her fingers in her mouth, talking in baby talk - like too many other SO "adults" - and whining like a spoiled child in her attempt to avoid doing an assignment.)

I guess her exaggerated sense of stardom convinced Sommer last year that she did not need to follow the rules. She seemed to believe she was on equal footing with other "stars" who think they are above the law. But, much to her surprise, off she goes ... in shame. And from that day on it appears she has been working diligently to change the opinions of the masses she believes continue to follow her every move. For a year she has posted hundreds, possibly thousands of pictures of herself on the internet as evidence of her amazing life now full of friends, parties, and total popularity. She amassed wealth selling all she could on eBay, assuming her stardom would give these items intrinsic value comperable to clothing or set pieces that might be sold by Jennifer Aniston from her days on "Friends".

In her own mind, Sommer may have HAD to return to SO ... to clear her name. Afterall, if her imagined world was in fact true, she would go down in the history books studied in classoooms for generations. Her children, grandchildren, and even great-grandchildren would forever hang their head in shame as national and international publications continued to refer to this once renown star as "THE ONE who did not trust the process".

What is it that members of SO staff says to these DAWs that convinces them that a few weeks on a minor vanishing reality show makes them international stars that will forever be able to live comfortably on their universal popularity and recognition? Did they not learn from those like Allison, Jill, etc. and yes, Sommer that when you give these ideas to those in serious need of massive amounts of ego-stroking attention, that you turn them into media whores that only come crashing back to earth when they inevitably find out that they are not the universal star they invisioned themselves to be? They are left with more problems than when they started their journey to "healing"(?) ... are left wondering how to live in a world where they are neither recognized nor followed by fans around the globe ... are not being continually called by well-known producers ... are not booked for large scale speaking engagements ... are not continually hounded & offered hundreds of thousands for the rights to their story for books & movie ... and are not even given huge advancements for books they write with their own words of wisdom needed by huge audiences to save their own lives. They are left needing a job and money just to pay rent & utilities like the rest of the mere mortals they felt so superior to.

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Touche', very well said. Had to laugh at the image of future generations being shamed by this monumental event in history! Can you believe there were actually posters here who didn't know Sommer's "story"? They must have lived far, far away from society -- in the Amazon or somesuch -- for years!

imagma 33 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail imagma Click to send private message to imagma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "Sommer's web site"
This about sums it up. Her personal web site.
http://www.sommersmiles.com.istemp.com/

She really is proud of herself. . . . Sommers history . . . . . Almost Famous. . . . . Dancin' Queens...... and many more.

Gee Whiz!! They scraped the bottom of the barrell to bring this one back.

04-26-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Sommer's web site"
OH MY GOSH!!! What a HUGE puke-fest. I took a quick peek at Sommer's alter of praise to herself. Could only stomach a few moments but, like a deadly car wreck, I did take a quick look. YUK! And Sommer, if you are reading this ... don't do as sooo many who get negative comments from others ... don't chalk it up to jealousy. Not for one second do I feel jealous! (For some reason, when some people are not liked or hear anything but praise and admiration, they love to pull the "jealous" card rather than actually face the reality that they are not loved by all or that there may be some truth out there if they are hearing the same from many. Not that I believe any of us needs to focus on what others are thinking or saying ... just that it looks as if Sommer is all-consumed by a need for any and all to stroke her already over-fed ego.)

It just proves .... once you start feeding that EGO MONSTER it will grow bigger than life itself. Then you have to keep feeding it. And once it becomes bigger than you, it will eat you alive if you don't feed it ... and eat you alive if you do! As has become more and more obvious as SO continues ... feeding your ego does nothing to improve your self-esteem. Too many equate the two. In actuality, feeding your ego leaves your self-esteem neglected, leaving it to continue dwindling.

04-26-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Sommer's web site"
ditto ditto ditto shes worse than Allishun. Its all about her.

04-26-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Sommer's web site"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-06 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

Tagging on:

Well, it is the show afterall that had final say in her coming back....some have said she asked to come back (Haven't seen a concrete proof as to this)....if so, the show could have said no.

Cinnamongirl30 75 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinnamongirl30 Click to send private message to Cinnamongirl30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Sommer's web site"
Why is Sommer being brought back?? Is it to support Christie? I mean the 2 of them have alot in common. Gastric Bypass, aspirations to model and walk down runways and absolutely no self control. Boring. I remember an episode with Sommer when she was getting balled out by Rhonda for eating too many fritos and potato chips. That came to mind today and I cracked up cause they were showing an awful lot of Christie chowing down today. Why the hell would you spend so much money for gbs surgery and then stuff your face with crap? Like I said zero self control. Sommer has a homely blank stare like there's nothing going on up there in her head. Someone upthread said that they were scraping the bottom of the barrel bringing her back, that is so very true.

04-26-06, 08:33 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Sommer's web site"
Don't forget...in addition to her "regular" website, Sommer also has not ONE but TWO myspace sites...one for her "friends" and one for her "fans".

I'll post the links in the "Starting Over links" thread in General Discussion, if they're not there.

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Sommer's Return"

Yea I was wondering will she surender to the process
this time or resist.
Its really left up to her.

shermie 89 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shermie Click to send private message to shermie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I am glad to see Sommer return to SO. (Ducking, now.)
I enjoyed watching her last season, and I was really dissapointed in her for messing up as she did. I really thought that she was starting to get it when she de-railed herself by paying too much attention to the production end of the show.

I do believe that everyone deserves a second chance. Who among us is perfect, who has never made a mistake or never done something that we hole-heartedly regret. I believe that Sommer will do better this time around. If she stays.

I am happy to see how well she has done with her weight loss.
But I hate her hair! She had beautiful, long dark, wavy hair that suited her so well. This short, layered, dyed, fried bob is unfortunate and not at all flattering to her.

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-06, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Sommer's Return"

I think Sommer's hair is very very thin.
Thats probably why it looks like it does. Also people that
lose a lot of weight sometimes their hair falls out.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I feel like I'm gonna blow chunks!! I'm so TIRED of all these retread HG's, it's obvious they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill in until they pull the plug. Plus, Sommer's probably finding out that all her MySpace friends are bogus and she's looking for that last 2 minutes before her 15 are up.
Eerrpppp..... Pass the pepto!

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-26-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Sommer's Return"
I say that if All Sommer has to do to graduate is build a bicycle, she should go buy herself some nuts and bolts and be done with it! You have to admit, there was something CREEPY about the way Rhonda was holding the bag, shaking what Sommer needed, and smirking. Sommer would at least be showing initiative if she got the REAL "tools" she needed to build that bicycle! I don't pity Sommer, though. I agree with the posters who think it's a farce she returned. Right there with ya!

04-26-06, 11:31 PM (EST)
69. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Okie dokie...Just checked those websites. (thank you for posting them)

I don't know what's more alarming...the photos or the words.

04-27-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Hey SR ~ was looking for your words of wisdom!

About Sommer, I was just sooo happy to see, according to Sommer's words on her web sites, that our popular little Sommer turned the heads of so many celebrities who sought her out and will forever remember her as the special wonder woman that we all know and love .... now I will go puke and take Tylenol for my eye-rolling headache!

P-L-E-A-S-E ... someone change the locks on the doors and keep all X-roomies as Xs!!! Why is it the most annoying ones keep coming back????

04-27-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Hey 26!

I agree with you. It's great to know that JR Ewing/Larry Hagman - or for those of us who grew up in an earlier decade, Major Anthony Nelson/Larry Hagman - invited a pre-surgical, plump Sommer to plant herself on his feeble lap. She must have been shining that inner beauty! And I know I'll sleep easier tonight just knowing that Billy Bob Thornton knows who can be trusted. He'd never share his intimate thoughts with anyone who would exploit their "friendship", right? And what the world needs now is....Jason Priestly. But hey, I already knew that.

Hey, Sommer's a star gazer, but somebody has to buy those maps of the movie star's homes in Hollywood, right?

04-27-06, 07:39 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Sommer's Return"
Tagging on to no particular post:

What I find almost mind boggling is that after three days of Sommer being back in the Starting Over house, she has generated only one thread. I find her just as dull and sneaky and self absorbed as she was last year.

I also can't help but notice how awful she looks!!! Downright sickly! She looks much better in the hundreds of pics she has plastered of herself all over the net! Is that what gb surgery does to ya?
Incognito

04-28-06, 08:34 PM (EST)
75. "RE: Sommer's Return"
LOL, SR!

and 26 mitogo wrote: <<What is it that members of SO staff says to these DAWs that convinces them that a few weeks on a minor vanishing reality show makes them international stars that will forever be able to live comfortably on their universal popularity and recognition? Did they not learn from those like Allison, Jill, etc. and yes, Sommer that when you give these ideas to those in serious need of massive amounts of ego-stroking attention, that you turn them into media whores that only come crashing back to earth when they inevitably find out that they are not the universal star they invisioned themselves to be? They are left with more problems than when they started their journey to "healing"(?) ...>>
---------------------------------------------------------
LOL, they probably tell them, "We have given you the TOOLS to become major celebrities." What blows me away is that even though they know SO has been on for three seasons and NONE of these women have become "STARS" from being on this show, the DAWS keep comin'...and so many women leave the house believing they are on the threshold of superstardom. It's like they don't realize they instantly become less "famous" the second they step off this show.

sowhat 251 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-06, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sowhat Click to send private message to sowhat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
76. "RE: Sommer's Return"
When she was getting her nails done, did y'all hear her say to Cassie "I look at those girls and think, I was there, I was there, I was there". O ma gawd. Please! Fill me in on where exactly she thinks she is now?

04-28-06, 11:17 PM (EST)
77. "RE: Sommer's Return"
sowhat ~ LOL! Exactly what I thought! Hubby & I were watched today's episode this evening. When Sommer made that declaration ("I look at those girls and think, I was there, I was there, I was there.") I sat stunned with my mouth hanging wide open unable to say a word ... and that doesn't happen often!!

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-16-06, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "RE: Sommer's Return"
bump

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •